HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:

Old
12-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
With a 0.125 PPG in the ECHL, he'd better be.
He had a pretty good burst of straightaway speed against Texas, I was surprised that he had it in him TBH. That said he wasn't signed for his game breaking speed or skills with the gloves on

12-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
BARONS SIGN LIZON
The Barons added muscle to the club Thursday, signing forward Erick Lizon to a player-tryout contract. The 6-foot-4, 234-pound Lizon is coming in from the Wichita Thunder of the Central Hockey League. He has three points and 71 penalty minutes in 24 games for the Thunder. Lizon played 23 games for the Oklahoma City Blazers during the 2007-2008 season; he had five points and 67 penalty minutes. Lizon has AHL experience, playing eight games two years ago for the Worcester Sharks.

any one know anything about this guy is he a good fighter?
His time in the UHL/CHL/ECHL he has always been named one of the top heavyweights in that league. I remember his first stint in OKC he was always game, takes a lot of pride in his role and is willing to fight anyone.

More importantly, to some Oiler fans, he always struck me as the kind of guy that when provoked, will not take no for an answer. If he was in the line up when Roussel was giving Hall the business, I doubt he would of been as courteous as Byers was to Roussel.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Musashi

how do you guys think Lander has been over the past 10 games?

Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
scid14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
how do you guys think Lander has been over the past 10 games?
I think if that nordic line can stay together they will bring the offence soon enough. Right now that whole line is playing so hard and getting great results defensively. It will transfer up front before long.

As for lander, I like his game in the last few. He needs a bit more killer instinct in my opinion though, I think that would put him over the top. Defensively he has been so solid as well as in the o zone he is just not seeing many results. Hopefully he keeps it up.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Joe Hallenback

I think Lander has been great after a slow start. I don't think he ever will be a top 6 center but he will be a real good shutdown type of center who can get you 15 to 20 points a year. He has some real grit and pestiness to him as well. He reminds me of Sammy Pahlsson, a guy who was known for his defensive game and was a wanted player by a lot of teams.

That Nordic line wouldn't look out of place in the NHL next year I think as a 3rd line. They all have size,skill and speed. They may not produce but then again they probably don't really have to.

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Usual_Suspect

http://www.stocktonthunder.com/2012/...le-on-the-way/

Cornet and Martindale assigned to Stockton.

Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:55 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
http://www.stocktonthunder.com/2012/...le-on-the-way/

Cornet and Martindale assigned to Stockton.
About time. Cornet has been useless since his call up and Martindale has basically had a lost season thanks to his injury. Hopefully he can get back in game shape in Stockton and be ready for a call up to OKC when the NHL starts up in 2 weeks.

What? All of that could happen. It could!

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:18 AM
rockinghockey

I think once the NHL starts and Hall, RNH, and Eberle leave it will be better for the other kids as far as their development.

What do you guys think of Arcobello, he has played very will with Hall and Eberle, if there a chance of that translating to the NHL and if so he is the same type of player like Gagner so that would make Gagner available to trade for a dman.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think once the NHL starts and Hall, RNH, and Eberle leave it will be better for the other kids as far as their development.

What do you guys think of Arcobello, he has played very will with Hall and Eberle, if there a chance of that translating to the NHL and if so he is the same type of player like Gagner so that would make Gagner available to trade for a dman.
yikes @ Arco on our NHL top 6..
But then again if he can form chemistry anything is possible.. He could be a decent callup for injury replacement but I highly doubt he makes anyone (Gagner especially) expendable.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
His time in the UHL/CHL/ECHL he has always been named one of the top heavyweights in that league. I remember his first stint in OKC he was always game, takes a lot of pride in his role and is willing to fight anyone.

More importantly, to some Oiler fans, he always struck me as the kind of guy that when provoked, will not take no for an answer. If he was in the line up when Roussel was giving Hall the business, I doubt he would of been as courteous as Byers was to Roussel.
Perfect, exactly what I've wanted for quite some time.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:12 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Eberle continues his unsustainable AHL player of the month streak.

http://theahl.com/eberle-repeats-as-...-month-p181104

Apparantly Schultz's 14 points in 11 games, as a defenceman, were not enough to top Reilly Smith's 14 points in 14 games, as a winger, for Rookie of the month honors.

Last edited by nabob: 01-02-2013 at 12:19 PM.
nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Eberle continues his unsustainable AHL player of the month streak.

http://theahl.com/eberle-repeats-as-...-month-p181104

Apparantly Schultz's 14 points in 11 games, as a defenceman, were not enough to top Reilly Smith's 14 points in 14 games, as a winger, for Rookie of the month honors.
Interesting, it's like the Calder all over again

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Qrispy

So, Schultz has 1 PotM and 1 RotM. Eberle has 2 PotM. Does Hall have a PotM yet?

Either way, this ain't even fair.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:00 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Not giving Schultz rookie of the month was an oh so subtle way of telling him to pick up his scoring pace to catch Eberle. Can't be too unsustainable.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:10 PM
bewbies

Barons sign quite possibly the best name I've ever seen to a PTO:

http://okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=pr...8-73B8121ADF85

Quote:
The Oklahoma City Barons signed defenseman Kane Lafranchise to a Professional Tryout, General Manager Bill Scott announced today.

Lafranchise, a 6-1, 195-pounder from Edmonton, Alberta has played each of the last three seasons with the Alaska Aces of the ECHL. In 121 games with the Aces, Lafranchise has scored 60 points (7-53-60) while serving 40 penalty minutes.

Prior to turning pro, Lafranchise played three seasons with the University of Alaska-Anchorage. Over those three seasons, he played in 97 games, scoring 33 points (9-24-33). He played two-plus seasons with the Spruce Grove Saints of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. In 119 games, he scored 55 points (19-36-55).

Quote:
Lafranchise, 24, has spent his entire pro career with the Aces, spanning 131 combined regular season and postseason games. The Edmonton, Alberta native will make his AHL debut for the primary affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers. This season Lafranchise has 21 points (4g, 17a) in 30 games, leading Alaska defensemen in scoring. He is tied for sixth among ECHL defensemen in scoring. Lafranchise is also tied for fifth in both assists by defensemen and power play points by defensemen. He is tied for first in the league with two overtime goals this year. He has ended games with OT goals on November 16 vs. Colorado, and December 1 at Ontario.

Last year - in his first complete professional season - Lafranchise was a breakout star on the Aces blue line. He finished second among Alaska defenseman in scoring with 34 points (3g, 31a), and finished 14th overall among ECHL defensemen. He ended the year ninth in assists by a defenseman. He added five points (g, 4a) in 10 playoff games. Lafranchise led the Aces in plus-minus during the regular season, and finished second among ECHL blue liners with a +20 rating. The 6'1", 199 lbs. Lafranchise was still considered a rookie last year by ECHL standards after joining the team in February 2010 and remaining with the club for the rest of the season and playoffs. This year Lafranchise attended training camp in the AHL with the Lake Erie Monsters.

Prior to turning pro, Lafranchise played three seasons for the University of Alaska - Anchorage from 2007-2010. In his Seawolves career, the blue liner posted 33 points (9g, 24a) in 97 career games. Last season Lafranchise was also recognized by The Hockey News as the winner of the worldwide hockey "Name of the Year" tournament for 2012.

Still looking for that solid PMD to play on the second pairing. This guy seems to have the resume for it, looks like he was rock solid in the E. Sure would be nice to stabilize that blue line.

Also for those who might not speak french his name is french for "the franchise".

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:17 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Not giving Schultz rookie of the month was an oh so subtle way of telling him to pick up his scoring pace to catch Eberle. Can't be too unsustainable.
yep

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:16 PM
scid14

That is the best name...I don't even care if he is any good. Jk I do but his resume seems solid so I think its worth the tryout. He is probably an upgrade over the Henry Pto no?

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
That is the best name...I don't even care if he is any good. Jk I do but his resume seems solid so I think its worth the tryout. He is probably an upgrade over the Henry Pto no?
Unless there is an injury, I would think this might mean Henry will soon be released from his PTO. Deck has earned his chance in the line up, so with Henry being the healthy scratch for the last 5 games or so, seems like the writing is on the wall.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Qrispy

Wait, so who deals with this kind of stuff? Tambi or the Barons GM?

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:25 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
watch the first few mins of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPcYuLynkA Eberle highlights package muted with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_xdvn52As playing in the background

matches up pretty decently for the length of the song.

Last edited by T-Funk: 01-02-2013 at 05:43 PM.
T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:24 PM
cham85

Lafranchise Signing

I'm really excited to see him get his chance in the AHL. Great all around dman, he has been rock solid with the Aces all year, and plays in ALL situations! Always has a gerat +/-, logs a ton of minutes, has a great hockey IQ, a great PMD.
He had a tryout with Lake Eerie this year, and likely would have made the team if the monsters didnt have so many defencemen already under contract.
He played in the AJHL with Fedun on the Saints, they might make a nice pairing this weekend. Great signing, Barons get him for nothing, and I can see him making a splash just like Fedun did last year before the injury.

I'm hoping he gets to see some action this weekend, Great signing!

**edit: plus his name is Kane Roch Lafranchise, he won the best name in hockey last year even though they never mentioned his cool middle name

cham85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham85 View Post
I'm really excited to see him get his chance in the AHL. Great all around dman, he has been rock solid with the Aces all year, and plays in ALL situations! Always has a gerat +/-, logs a ton of minutes, has a great hockey IQ, a great PMD.
He had a tryout with Lake Eerie this year, and likely would have made the team if the monsters didnt have so many defencemen already under contract.
He played in the AJHL with Fedun on the Saints, they might make a nice pairing this weekend. Great signing, Barons get him for nothing, and I can see him making a splash just like Fedun did last year before the injury.

I'm hoping he gets to see some action this weekend, Great signing!

**edit: plus his name is Kane Roch Lafranchise, he won the best name in hockey last year even though they never mentioned his cool middle name
Interesting tidbit on Fedun playing with him.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:35 PM
cham85

I know that Fedun and Lafranchise are rooming together, makes sense to me that they would be a pairing moving forward

cham85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:22 AM
40oz

What's with sportsnet showing every Canadian AHL affiliate except that one Barons game?

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:23 PM
thrillhous

Could any of you that have watched lots of Barons games this season give me an idea of how Hartikainen has played? His numbers are solid but he has been putting up solid AHL numbers since he came over. Thanks.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote