HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: 5 for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 08:21 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Ever hear of Kings?

It's that.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:11 AM
digdug41982

With the dieting, my problem was never the plan or the work, it was that I leveled out. After working so hard to lose the fat, I wanted to have 6 pack abs and I could never come close to getting them to show. There was always just enough fat left over where my stomach was just flat and normal. I did sit ups with a weight on my abs a lot and it still didn't do anything. I could tell the 6 pack muscles were there but you couldn't see it. I don't care about it this time, I think some people just have to accept the six pack thing isn't going to happen so don't get frustrated about it. Being healthy at a good weight is what really matters. Realistic goals are important.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:09 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
With the dieting, my problem was never the plan or the work, it was that I leveled out. After working so hard to lose the fat, I wanted to have 6 pack abs and I could never come close to getting them to show. There was always just enough fat left over where my stomach was just flat and normal. I did sit ups with a weight on my abs a lot and it still didn't do anything. I could tell the 6 pack muscles were there but you couldn't see it. I don't care about it this time, I think some people just have to accept the six pack thing isn't going to happen so don't get frustrated about it. Being healthy at a good weight is what really matters. Realistic goals are important.
If you really want 6 pack abs, it's all about the core. You have to plank like a madman or you'll never get there. Another thing NFS needs to add, as you can do it anywhere with zero equipment. I have about 12-15 variations of a plank that I add in throughout the week in my workouts. Sit ups alone won't get it done, you'd never get the bottom 2 just doing variations of sit ups.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:56 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Mike Meissner coached a youth baseball team in North Carolina for sixteen years. “I think I’ve made a difference in some kids’ lives,” he says. He sought to teach his players not only about the game but about sportsmanship and being a good loser. But, when he thinks back on those sixteen years, the first thing that comes to mind is not the positive lessons he imparted upon his players — it is the lawsuit.

One Saturday during a pop fly drill, a player dove for a ball. The sun got in his eyes, the boy said, and, instead of landing in his glove, the ball hit him in the mouth. The players’ family sued Mike and the league.

“When I first heard about it,” says Marion Mayes, director of a nearby youth league in North Carolina, “I was kind of shocked because of the fact that that’s just normal play.”

The plaintiffs alleged that Mike had been negligent in conducting his drill. The lawsuit dragged on for years before going to trial. “It was very, very stressful,” Mike said.

At first, the plaintiffs named Mike as a defendant personally. After about a year, he was dropped from the case, but he was still subject to extensive depositions and trial preparations as the lawyers prepared to argue the plaintiffs’ claim that the league was responsible for Mike’s alleged negligence.

Finally, a jury decided that Mike was not negligent in conducting his pop fly drill that day.

Though he was eventually vindicated, the lawsuit still taints Mike’s memories of the many years he spent as a volunteer coach.

“What you don’t need is something like this discouraging people from the thought of going out and helping other children,” he says.
My God.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

People suck.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
digdug41982

There should be some kind of release of liability form for coaches. One of my hockey coaches went through the same thing as this guy when a kid accused him of molesting him because he wasn't getting enough PT.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
People suck.
Quoted for truth.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
There should be some kind of release of liability form for coaches. One of my hockey coaches went through the same thing as this guy when a kid accused him of molesting him because he wasn't getting enough PT.
Agreed, surprised there was not. Even so, his lawyer got him dismissed so it wasn't that big of a deal for him.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Kurtosis
RIP Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Agreed, surprised there was not. Even so, his lawyer got him dismissed so it wasn't that big of a deal for him.
How wasn't it that big of a deal for him? It seems like it pretty much was; even though he was absolved of culpability it still probably had an adverse effect on his reputation and was a colossal waste of his time that he most certainly could have utilized in other more productive endeavors.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
How wasn't it that big of a deal for him? It seems like it pretty much was; even though he was absolved of culpability it still probably had an adverse effect on his reputation and was a colossal waste of his time that he most certainly could have utilized in other more productive endeavors.
You think it would have an adverse effect on his reputation? Here we are, people who have never met him that know this lawsuit was bull crap after reading one paragraph of what happened. I do agree it was a waste of time but the amount of time he had to spend dealing with this is likely that much. Maybe one or two depositions, maybe he had to testify at trial....but this isn't a patent case or a class action lawsuit. There's only so much he can be asked and as a person not even a party to the suit.

I wonder what the result was at trial.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:02 PM
digdug41982

Could he countersue for defamation of character and wasted time or is that just something that happens on Judge Judy and in movies but not in real life?

Old
12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Except for all the money he had to pay the lawyer, let alone the waste of time it was for him...

Old
12-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Except for all the money he had to pay the lawyer, let alone the waste of time it was for him...
Agree about the money which is why I wondered if there was a clause where the league would pay his legal fees. Since he got dismissed out of the lawsuit, it shouldn't have been too terribly expensive but still a few thousand bucks.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Could he countersue for defamation of character and wasted time or is that just something that happens on Judge Judy and in movies but not in real life?
If the suit was absolutely frivilous, he could ask for the court to award him court costs which means the other side would have to pay his lawyer. Would have to have been an absolutely frivilous case for that to happen, courts don't often do that.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Kurtosis
RIP Clint

Quote:
You think it would have an adverse effect on his reputation? Here we are, people who have never met him that know this lawsuit was bull crap after reading one paragraph of what happened. I do agree it was a waste of time but the amount of time he had to spend dealing with this is likely that much. Maybe one or two depositions, maybe he had to testify at trial....but this isn't a patent case or a class action lawsuit. There's only so much he can be asked and as a person not even a party to the suit.

I wonder what the result was at trial.
I don't know man. Stigma of accusations sometimes seem to follow a person wrongly or not. Yes it was extremely frivolous, we can all agree on that I would assume.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I don't know man. Stigma of accusations sometimes seem to follow a person wrongly or not. Yes it was extremely frivolous, we can all agree on that I would assume.
But he wasn't accused of molesting a kid, he was accused of running a negligent practice. Its not really the same thing.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Kurtosis
RIP Clint

Quote:
But he wasn't accused of molesting a kid, he was accused of running a negligent practice. Its not really the same thing.
Well obviously, yeah, those two things are in no way similar.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Hawkey39

I think people like that are scum.
This one old atheist guy was really sick so his town paid for his hospital bills. He was so gracias he donated a star to the town nativity scene but said they had to put a sign saying it was donated by an atheist. The town didn't do that so the man sued the city...
Scum of the earth.
They are almost on par with child molesters but not quite.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:08 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

any mac owners ever get a shutdown after a blue screen?

my last mac i got the white screen of death (and ended up w/ a hard drive crash so bad nothing was recoverable at all) - but tonight i randomly "went blue" and had to restart. i haven't had any problems w/ my laptop (it's mb pro) - but after the white screen nightmare blank screen restarts scare me.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:12 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Ever hear of Kings?

It's that.
no. we were dull and just played "i never" .. and after that came up with many ways to do a ton of shots.

back in my queen's days, drinking games weren't really exciting b/c ppl drank so much - and given that the "party drink" was purple jesus out of massive tupperware bins games weren't necessary.

it was what it was

Old
12-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Cullksinikers

Hell of a day.

-Cubs stuff that cannot be mentioned
-Lucky's for lunch
-Downtown Chicago
-Epic train ride
-Watched Ted

Old
12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

feels weird to look at FirstRow to check the starting times of the games today and see your team plays (Augsburg - Straubing, which I will attend) but there is a stream for this.

If you have time, feel free to watch the DEL with former Ice Hogs Darryl Boyle and Pete MacArthur for Augsburg and former Hawk Karl Stewart for Straubing. Refs will suck too, they always do. You will never complain about NHL refs after seeing those in Germany

game will start 10:45 CT and you have 1 hour before the Bears game

Old
12-30-2012, 10:54 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Karl Stewart is one of my favorite players. Bit of talent, ton of heart. If you put him in Jimmy Hayes body he'd be an all-star.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Hawkey39

I'm disgusted. Russia has passed a law prohibiting all Americans from adopting Russian orphans and others in need of a home. 50 kids were set to be in homes and have a better life and now that can't happen. They were so close and I'm just sick. I wish the duma would take the kids in themselves

Old
12-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
feels weird to look at FirstRow to check the starting times of the games today and see your team plays (Augsburg - Straubing, which I will attend) but there is a stream for this.

If you have time, feel free to watch the DEL with former Ice Hogs Darryl Boyle and Pete MacArthur for Augsburg and former Hawk Karl Stewart for Straubing. Refs will suck too, they always do. You will never complain about NHL refs after seeing those in Germany

game will start 10:45 CT and you have 1 hour before the Bears game
great finish to the game, other than that it was one of the worst games I went to in the last years

Closed Thread