HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group B • Dec. 28 • Canada 6, Slovakia 3 • Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 09:12 AM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
I shouldn't be that surprised though. As someone who played a very high level of hockey, I shouldn't be shocked by unfortunate politics that short players who deserve to show what they've got.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:13 AM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
I think Lipon should get 2 or 3 games.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:15 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
I think Lipon should get 2 or 3 games.
Mikus wasn't hurt, and Lipon doesn't have a history (AFAIK) so I would be very disappointed if it was 3, and still slightly disappointed if it was 2. I think it's a clear 1 game suspension, especially when you consider the fact that Mikus sold it like he was injured before scoring the PP goal.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I shouldn't be that surprised though. As someone who played a very high level of hockey, I shouldn't be shocked by unfortunate politics that short players who deserve to show what they've got.
Yep. Been there, done that. Happens an awful lot.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:27 AM
dannyboy8920

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Happens in every minor hockey system. Or atleast; that is the quickest word tossed around when someones kid is cut.

Nothing i hate more then average hockey players complaining about politics. But even worse is the average hockey players that make the team because he is the trainers son's friend.

Back on topic.

Given the 5 min man advantages; it was good to see Canada get their legs and comeback.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
MXD

Camara's hit was just a good, solid hit on a very unsuspecting player.

Lipon? Ugh. Ugly and useless. If Jenner got 3, then Lipon deserves 6. Which won't happen.

Speaking of useless, what was Martin Reway thinking there? Scheifele either has terrible balance or is a damn diver though -- Reway is one of the smallest player in the tourney.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Am I the only one who saw a dive by a canadian player?

How is that not discussed in this thread?
Nope. Only the one who does not know how to read (it's all over the thread)

Old
12-28-2012, 10:00 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Some of you have obviously, others have not. The commentators on TV seemed to applaud the diving "good sell", "effective" etc. etc. It's a joke that it's being accepted by anyone.

I'm not surprised it's a conversation, I'm surprised at how Canadians are swinging it as if they got the short end of the stick. There were bad calls both ways but it CLEARLY went Canada's way.
lol Canada had the 3rd most PIM in a game ever for their history. How exactly did they not get the short end of the stick just because Slovakia got a few minors afterwards?

Old
12-28-2012, 10:09 AM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

The Slovakian lying on the ice pretending to be hurt after the Lipon hit was a disgrace.

If Scheifele layed on the ice after the knee it would have been 5+game as well. Guess that's what you have to do these days to win.

Closed Thread