HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Regarding the Tim Thomas trade rumors..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
  #201
flannelman
They're,Their,There
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I bet there would be a bunch of dumbasses who boo him...even if he came back day 1 from the lockout.

Probably the same that boo the team during the playoffs cause they didnt score a PP goal.
probably the same guy up in the 300's that calls Chara a donkey.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
  #202
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Remember this anyone?



I'd still want him back in a heartbeat.
Absolutely


JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
  #203
Dojji*
Fight the Hate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 16,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Absolutely

THe Sedin hit has the advantage of being a great defensive play. The defense was out of the play. If left to his own devices right in front of the net with time for at least one move, Sedin could probably have undressed Thomas pretty easily. If TT goes for the puck, Sedin lifts it over the right pad and scores. Instead Thomas checks him, takes away Sedin's time, and the puck drifts wide. Best move he could have made, glad he had the stones to make it.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:22 AM
  #204
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
THe Sedin hit has the advantage of being a great defensive play. The defense was out of the play. If left to his own devices right in front of the net with time for at least one move, Sedin could probably have undressed Thomas pretty easily. If TT goes for the puck, Sedin lifts it over the right pad and scores. Instead Thomas checks him, takes away Sedin's time, and the puck drifts wide. Best move he could have made, glad he had the stones to make it.
Plus it upset Eddie the Moron Olczyk.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:46 AM
  #205
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
THe Sedin hit has the advantage of being a great defensive play. The defense was out of the play. If left to his own devices right in front of the net with time for at least one move, Sedin could probably have undressed Thomas pretty easily. If TT goes for the puck, Sedin lifts it over the right pad and scores. Instead Thomas checks him, takes away Sedin's time, and the puck drifts wide. Best move he could have made, glad he had the stones to make it.
No question, it aslo makes Sedin nervous to be around the crease. Even if Thomas were called for interference it'd be worth it- unlikely the Canucks would have as good a chance in a 2 min PP.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:47 AM
  #206
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I bet there would be a bunch of dumbasses who boo him...even if he came back day 1 from the lockout.

Probably the same that boo the team during the playoffs cause they didnt score a PP goal.
I hope those are the pinkhats listening to "Haggs" too much in the media and as soon as Timmy makes a save they start cheering again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Absolutely

Well my point of the video was more that he is sticking up for his teammates and a good team player who may have differing views on politics. Thomas is one of the best in the game at what he does and there is no way the Bruins should look to trade him elsewhere. He has no trade value, but immense hockey value to winning a Cup!

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
  #207
Dojji*
Fight the Hate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 16,821
vCash: 500
Thomas is still a player I don't want to see going to any young team that is trying to "put it together" just because of the experience and attitude he provides. He'd not only improve the team's defense, he'd be an example in the room of what work ethic can do. Thomas' blue collar ethic, and prove-'em-all-wrong mentality could become infectious, heck, it did here. I'm convinced that Thomas' presence was one of a number of factors that helped get the Bruins youngsters moving in the right direction. And if he does it again, that's a team that I don't want to face in the playoffs.

Thomas on the Lightning may be a nightmare, and quite frankly, Thomas to the Leafs makes me pretty nervous too. Thomas and a Seidenberg type to play with Phaneuf would put them into the playoffs easily. Thank God the Habs have Price, so the ultimate nightmare can never happen.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
  #208
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Thomas is still a player I don't want to see going to any young team that is trying to "put it together" just because of the experience and attitude he provides. He'd not only improve the team's defense, he'd be an example in the room of what work ethic can do. Thomas' blue collar ethic, and prove-'em-all-wrong mentality could become infectious, heck, it did here. I'm convinced that Thomas' presence was one of a number of factors that helped get the Bruins youngsters moving in the right direction. And if he does it again, that's a team that I don't want to face in the playoffs.

Thomas on the Lightning may be a nightmare, and quite frankly, Thomas to the Leafs makes me pretty nervous too. Thomas and a Seidenberg type to play with Phaneuf would put them into the playoffs easily. Thank God the Habs have Price, so the ultimate nightmare can never happen.
Completely agree. Timmy in a Leafs or Lightning jersey would make the East a ton more interesting.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:28 AM
  #209
Dojji*
Fight the Hate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 16,821
vCash: 500
Timmy in a Capitals jersey would be extremely interesting too. Thomas and Neuvirth would be a goaltending situation the Capitals haven't had since Kolzig.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
  #210
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Timmy in a Capitals jersey would be extremely interesting too. Thomas and Neuvirth would be a goaltending situation the Capitals haven't had since Kolzig.
but if you are Chiarelli the last thing you want is Conference Finals and seeing Tim Thomas standing in the way

would it be fun- hell yah....would you rather see him in Columbus if he chooses to play. Umm yup.

I have zero knowledge of what his mindset is, but if he really was in on a recent conference call with the ongoings of the CBA then I'd say he is going to be in the NHL this season.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:35 AM
  #211
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
Thomas would put the Lightning over the top, him and Stammer would carry them to a cup maybe....?

Can't forget about MSL, Thomas to the Lightning is the last thing the East needs.

If we were to trade him send him out West somewhere where we won't have to play against him.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  #212
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
but if you are Chiarelli the last thing you want is Conference Finals and seeing Tim Thomas standing in the way

would it be fun- hell yah....would you rather see him in Columbus if he chooses to play. Umm yup.

I have zero knowledge of what his mindset is, but if he really was in on a recent conference call with the ongoings of the CBA then I'd say he is going to be in the NHL this season.
1) Not entirely true

2) He really was

3) I agree and you already know where I think he ends up

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
  #213
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
1) Not entirely true

2) He really was

3) I agree and you already know where I think he ends up
3) Please share your thoughts!

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
  #214
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Thomas is still a player I don't want to see going to any young team that is trying to "put it together" just because of the experience and attitude he provides. He'd not only improve the team's defense, he'd be an example in the room of what work ethic can do. Thomas' blue collar ethic, and prove-'em-all-wrong mentality could become infectious, heck, it did here. I'm convinced that Thomas' presence was one of a number of factors that helped get the Bruins youngsters moving in the right direction. And if he does it again, that's a team that I don't want to face in the playoffs.

Thomas on the Lightning may be a nightmare, and quite frankly, Thomas to the Leafs makes me pretty nervous too. Thomas and a Seidenberg type to play with Phaneuf would put them into the playoffs easily. Thank God the Habs have Price, so the ultimate nightmare can never happen.
Thomas helped end Cup drought but what he did is unforgivable,Its time he moves on and I do not care where as long as Bruins are off hook for that salary left. As for leafs haha maybe in short season.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:02 PM
  #215
Bmessy
Registered User
 
Bmessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Allston, MA
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
What do you think we could get in return? If it is a top 4 Dman or a top 6 forward I would be very interested. Assuming Rask can provided a solid regular season like he has done before, with no injuries and a different playoffs(which I don't contribute fully on him anyway), adding another solid Dman or forward would make our team scary good. Plus, Thomas has one more year on his contract left?

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
  #216
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Thomas would put the Lightning over the top, him and Stammer would carry them to a cup maybe....?

Can't forget about MSL, Thomas to the Lightning is the last thing the East needs.

If we were to trade him send him out West somewhere where we won't have to play against him.
The Bruins beat them 1-0 in game 7,,,pretty safe say he cant do muich better then that ,Roloson was great too.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
  #217
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
What do you think we could get in return? If it is a top 4 Dman or a top 6 forward I would be very interested. Assuming Rask can provided a solid regular season like he has done before, with no injuries and a different playoffs(which I don't contribute fully on him anyway), adding another solid Dman or forward would make our team scary good. Plus, Thomas has one more year on his contract left?
Pretty sure this lockout yr is it ..

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
  #218
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Thomas helped end Cup drought but what he did is unforgivable,Its time he moves on and I do not care where as long as Bruins are off hook for that salary left. As for leafs haha maybe in short season.
What exactly did he do that is unforgivable?

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:43 PM
  #219
ReggieMoto
Registered User
 
ReggieMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
What exactly did he do that is unforgivable?
Aggravated the haters even more than they already were.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:13 PM
  #220
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Aggravated the haters even more than they already were.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:17 PM
  #221
ReggieMoto
Registered User
 
ReggieMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
I will try not to use it all up in one place.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
  #222
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
3) Please share your thoughts!
Already have http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=156

Except of course, the name of the team. But I guess there's a hidden message there. Not to sure about that myself

Unless the Vancouver Canucks buy out Luongo (and not out of the realm of possibility) TT becomes the most viable option out there.

Question now is, would Chiarelli allow an interested team to talk to Thomas beforehand?

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:29 PM
  #223
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
3) Please share your thoughts!
if the teams get one buyout with the CBA the Flyers could get rid of Bryz and take on Timmay. He'd make a great Flyer

Thomas on the Flyers would be dogs and cats living together but Chiarelli will send him to a remote post that only sees the Bruins on NHL Network

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:41 PM
  #224
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Already have http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=156

Except of course, the name of the team. But I guess there's a hidden message there. Not to sure about that myself

Unless the Vancouver Canucks buy out Luongo (and not out of the realm of possibility) TT becomes the most viable option out there.

Question now is, would Chiarelli allow an interested team to talk to Thomas beforehand?
I hate riddles. Especially the ones I can't figure out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
if the teams get one buyout with the CBA the Flyers could get rid of Bryz and take on Timmay. He'd make a great Flyer

Thomas on the Flyers would be dogs and cats living together but Chiarelli will send him to a remote post that only sees the Bruins on NHL Network
Got to think that if all things were equal Chia would love to see him on a plane to Siberia.




You think his value is higher with a shortened season than it would have been in a full season? At his age on the last year of his deal this looks like the perfect storm for him (fewer games- Luongo not an option).


Last edited by JMiller: 12-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.
JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:51 PM
  #225
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
I hate riddles. Especially the ones I can't figure out


Got to think that if all things were equal Chia would love to see him in KHL.
Well it's already in a very old thread so let me say this.

Way back when Chiarelli was with Team Canada at the worlds I believe it was, I got it from a very, very reliable person that a GM (won't name the team but they wear a blue and white uniform) informed Chia that if he was going to trade one of his goaltenders that he wanted in on the talks.

I was told from another reliable person that just prior to the lockout that that same GM had asked the Bruins for permission to talk to TT.

Now the question is, would TT come back and play in a 48 game season, for a team that he'd be the undisputed number 1 and for a GM that is also GM of Team USA where he has said he wants to play for in the Olympics?

Pretty intriguing for TT IMO

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.