Regarding the Tim Thomas trade rumors..

Old
12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
flannelman
They're,Their,There

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I bet there would be a bunch of dumbasses who boo him...even if he came back day 1 from the lockout.

Probably the same that boo the team during the playoffs cause they didnt score a PP goal.
probably the same guy up in the 300's that calls Chara a donkey.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
JMiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Remember this anyone?

I'd still want him back in a heartbeat.
Absolutely

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Absolutely

THe Sedin hit has the advantage of being a great defensive play. The defense was out of the play. If left to his own devices right in front of the net with time for at least one move, Sedin could probably have undressed Thomas pretty easily. If TT goes for the puck, Sedin lifts it over the right pad and scores. Instead Thomas checks him, takes away Sedin's time, and the puck drifts wide. Best move he could have made, glad he had the stones to make it.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:22 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
THe Sedin hit has the advantage of being a great defensive play. The defense was out of the play. If left to his own devices right in front of the net with time for at least one move, Sedin could probably have undressed Thomas pretty easily. If TT goes for the puck, Sedin lifts it over the right pad and scores. Instead Thomas checks him, takes away Sedin's time, and the puck drifts wide. Best move he could have made, glad he had the stones to make it.
Plus it upset Eddie the Moron Olczyk.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:46 AM
JMiller

Quote:
No question, it aslo makes Sedin nervous to be around the crease. Even if Thomas were called for interference it'd be worth it- unlikely the Canucks would have as good a chance in a 2 min PP.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:47 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I bet there would be a bunch of dumbasses who boo him...even if he came back day 1 from the lockout.

Probably the same that boo the team during the playoffs cause they didnt score a PP goal.
I hope those are the pinkhats listening to "Haggs" too much in the media and as soon as Timmy makes a save they start cheering again.

Quote:
Absolutely

Well my point of the video was more that he is sticking up for his teammates and a good team player who may have differing views on politics. Thomas is one of the best in the game at what he does and there is no way the Bruins should look to trade him elsewhere. He has no trade value, but immense hockey value to winning a Cup!

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Thomas is still a player I don't want to see going to any young team that is trying to "put it together" just because of the experience and attitude he provides. He'd not only improve the team's defense, he'd be an example in the room of what work ethic can do. Thomas' blue collar ethic, and prove-'em-all-wrong mentality could become infectious, heck, it did here. I'm convinced that Thomas' presence was one of a number of factors that helped get the Bruins youngsters moving in the right direction. And if he does it again, that's a team that I don't want to face in the playoffs.

Thomas on the Lightning may be a nightmare, and quite frankly, Thomas to the Leafs makes me pretty nervous too. Thomas and a Seidenberg type to play with Phaneuf would put them into the playoffs easily. Thank God the Habs have Price, so the ultimate nightmare can never happen.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Thomas is still a player I don't want to see going to any young team that is trying to "put it together" just because of the experience and attitude he provides. He'd not only improve the team's defense, he'd be an example in the room of what work ethic can do. Thomas' blue collar ethic, and prove-'em-all-wrong mentality could become infectious, heck, it did here. I'm convinced that Thomas' presence was one of a number of factors that helped get the Bruins youngsters moving in the right direction. And if he does it again, that's a team that I don't want to face in the playoffs.

Thomas on the Lightning may be a nightmare, and quite frankly, Thomas to the Leafs makes me pretty nervous too. Thomas and a Seidenberg type to play with Phaneuf would put them into the playoffs easily. Thank God the Habs have Price, so the ultimate nightmare can never happen.
Completely agree. Timmy in a Leafs or Lightning jersey would make the East a ton more interesting.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Timmy in a Capitals jersey would be extremely interesting too. Thomas and Neuvirth would be a goaltending situation the Capitals haven't had since Kolzig.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Timmy in a Capitals jersey would be extremely interesting too. Thomas and Neuvirth would be a goaltending situation the Capitals haven't had since Kolzig.
but if you are Chiarelli the last thing you want is Conference Finals and seeing Tim Thomas standing in the way

would it be fun- hell yah....would you rather see him in Columbus if he chooses to play. Umm yup.

I have zero knowledge of what his mindset is, but if he really was in on a recent conference call with the ongoings of the CBA then I'd say he is going to be in the NHL this season.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Thomas would put the Lightning over the top, him and Stammer would carry them to a cup maybe....?

Can't forget about MSL, Thomas to the Lightning is the last thing the East needs.

If we were to trade him send him out West somewhere where we won't have to play against him.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
but if you are Chiarelli the last thing you want is Conference Finals and seeing Tim Thomas standing in the way

would it be fun- hell yah....would you rather see him in Columbus if he chooses to play. Umm yup.

I have zero knowledge of what his mindset is, but if he really was in on a recent conference call with the ongoings of the CBA then I'd say he is going to be in the NHL this season.
1) Not entirely true

2) He really was

3) I agree and you already know where I think he ends up

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
1) Not entirely true

2) He really was

3) I agree and you already know where I think he ends up
3) Please share your thoughts!

Old
12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:

Thomas helped end Cup drought but what he did is unforgivable,Its time he moves on and I do not care where as long as Bruins are off hook for that salary left. As for leafs haha maybe in short season.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Bmessy

What do you think we could get in return? If it is a top 4 Dman or a top 6 forward I would be very interested. Assuming Rask can provided a solid regular season like he has done before, with no injuries and a different playoffs(which I don't contribute fully on him anyway), adding another solid Dman or forward would make our team scary good. Plus, Thomas has one more year on his contract left?

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Thomas would put the Lightning over the top, him and Stammer would carry them to a cup maybe....?

Can't forget about MSL, Thomas to the Lightning is the last thing the East needs.

If we were to trade him send him out West somewhere where we won't have to play against him.
The Bruins beat them 1-0 in game 7,,,pretty safe say he cant do muich better then that ,Roloson was great too.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
What do you think we could get in return? If it is a top 4 Dman or a top 6 forward I would be very interested. Assuming Rask can provided a solid regular season like he has done before, with no injuries and a different playoffs(which I don't contribute fully on him anyway), adding another solid Dman or forward would make our team scary good. Plus, Thomas has one more year on his contract left?
Pretty sure this lockout yr is it ..

Old
12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Thomas helped end Cup drought but what he did is unforgivable,Its time he moves on and I do not care where as long as Bruins are off hook for that salary left. As for leafs haha maybe in short season.
What exactly did he do that is unforgivable?

Old
12-28-2012, 12:43 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
What exactly did he do that is unforgivable?
Aggravated the haters even more than they already were.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:13 PM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Aggravated the haters even more than they already were.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:17 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
I will try not to use it all up in one place.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Already have http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=156

Except of course, the name of the team. But I guess there's a hidden message there. Not to sure about that myself

Unless the Vancouver Canucks buy out Luongo (and not out of the realm of possibility) TT becomes the most viable option out there.

Question now is, would Chiarelli allow an interested team to talk to Thomas beforehand?

Old
12-28-2012, 01:29 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
if the teams get one buyout with the CBA the Flyers could get rid of Bryz and take on Timmay. He'd make a great Flyer

Thomas on the Flyers would be dogs and cats living together but Chiarelli will send him to a remote post that only sees the Bruins on NHL Network

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:41 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Already have http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=156

Except of course, the name of the team. But I guess there's a hidden message there. Not to sure about that myself

Unless the Vancouver Canucks buy out Luongo (and not out of the realm of possibility) TT becomes the most viable option out there.

Question now is, would Chiarelli allow an interested team to talk to Thomas beforehand?
I hate riddles. Especially the ones I can't figure out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
if the teams get one buyout with the CBA the Flyers could get rid of Bryz and take on Timmay. He'd make a great Flyer

Thomas on the Flyers would be dogs and cats living together but Chiarelli will send him to a remote post that only sees the Bruins on NHL Network
Got to think that if all things were equal Chia would love to see him on a plane to Siberia.

You think his value is higher with a shortened season than it would have been in a full season? At his age on the last year of his deal this looks like the perfect storm for him (fewer games- Luongo not an option).

Last edited by JMiller: 12-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old
12-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
I hate riddles. Especially the ones I can't figure out

Got to think that if all things were equal Chia would love to see him in KHL.
Well it's already in a very old thread so let me say this.

Way back when Chiarelli was with Team Canada at the worlds I believe it was, I got it from a very, very reliable person that a GM (won't name the team but they wear a blue and white uniform) informed Chia that if he was going to trade one of his goaltenders that he wanted in on the talks.

I was told from another reliable person that just prior to the lockout that that same GM had asked the Bruins for permission to talk to TT.

Now the question is, would TT come back and play in a 48 game season, for a team that he'd be the undisputed number 1 and for a GM that is also GM of Team USA where he has said he wants to play for in the Olympics?

Pretty intriguing for TT IMO