HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
2 shorties for Ulf's boy? Not too shabby! What was Moroz' goal like? Has he been playing physical or tame after that fight that he lost the last time that they played?

12-18-2012, 10:07 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
2 shorties for Ulf's boy? Not too shabby! What was Moroz' goal like? Has he been playing physical or tame after that fight that he lost the last time that they played?
They gave the goal to Corbett. It banked off the end boards and must have went in off of Drieger. It looked like Moroz poked it in. Moroz has beaten down a couple guys since that game.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
They gave the goal to Corbett. It banked off the end boards and must have went in off of Drieger. It looked like Moroz poked it in. Moroz has beaten down a couple guys since that game.
So is he playing physical? Could we see a rematch tonight?

Old
12-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I am the Liquor

Sautner scores to make it 4-1 with 1:22 to play.

Oil Kings have played fantastic tonight.

They have been very good the last few games actually.

All without Reinhart, Musil, Ewanyk and Gernat.

Calgary with only 6 shots in the last two periods and only one shot in the third.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:13 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
So is he playing physical? Could we see a rematch tonight?
Not really. He is playing a disciplined game for the most part. Game is now over so no rematch.

Last game of the year vs Calgary. I imagine they will meet in the playoffs, likely in the Conference finals. Great BOA this year. Who needs NHL hockey when youve got two very good WHL teams in Calgary and Edmonton?

Old
12-18-2012, 10:19 PM
40oz

Quote:
Sautner scores to make it 4-1 with 1:22 to play.

Oil Kings have played fantastic tonight.

They have been very good the last few games actually.

All without Reinhart, Musil, Ewanyk and Gernat.

Calgary with only 6 shots in the last two periods and only one shot in the third.
Kulda is off for the WJC too ()

Oil Kings did tweet this, so I guess we'll see if they eventually make the change.
Quote:
‏@EdmOilKings
Goal credited now to Corbett who shot the initial shot off the back wall. Replay shows Moroz put it in - should be changed soon.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Great thread. Sorry to take it off topic. Graham Black is the real deal as I've mentioned first of all. Someone we need and I only say this cause you guys get it is that Heatherington and he's going to be a D-man pro at the top level.lowry seems to carry a team more than Martindale did too. Thrower threw the biggest hit I have ever seen and then beat the **** out of the boy that challenged him. Even the screen showed the sad fight. The play itself was a masterpiece. Lowry gets hit on the initials unsure blue-line hit then responds by going and selectively timing his next hit to the guy that collects the puck and hits him hard then carries it strong to the slot undeniable and then......l.BOOM! Dalton mother ****ing Thrower out of nowhere. Demolition man. Gets jumped by a ginger character and makes quick work of him. Black was his usual self but a few other people stood out to me tonight. Mostly including Siemens as simple, safe as a man can get. Shutdown. Moore looked really good on the Broncos side and then of course Lowry. He looked very good tonight. Scarlett deserves a safe mention.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Listened to the game on the radio, Corey Graham calls a good game.

Old
12-19-2012, 08:40 AM
edmontonfan59

I watched the game on the net and I LOVE it when any Edmonton team beats Calgary!! 4 of the 5 D looked good out there, is it just me of does Shmoorkoff look slow and out of position out there?

Old
12-19-2012, 10:27 AM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Listened to the game on the radio, Corey Graham calls a good game.
Yeah, Corey does call a good game. Much better than listening to Jack Michaels spout off useless stats for 2 hours.

A Graham/Strudwick combination would be way better than Michaels/Stauffer.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I appreciate Jack Michaels' energy and obvious passion but Corey Graham should have been Rod Phillips' heir apparent.

Old
12-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I appreciate Jack Michaels' energy and obvious passion but Corey Graham should have been Rod Phillips' heir apparent.
It would have been funny if he got the Oilers pbp job over Stauffer since he used to be Bob's producer on Total Sports back when he was a new guy.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:46 PM
JordanGalhanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I can't stand Jack Michaels' feigned energy and contrived cliches when the Oilers score, and Corey Graham should have been Rod Phillips' heir apparent.
Fixed.

Old
12-22-2012, 10:01 PM
JordanGalhanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
Yeah, Corey does call a good game. Much better than listening to Jack Michaels spout off useless stats for 2 hours.

A Graham/Strudwick combination would be way better than Michaels/Stauffer.
Yeah, Corey is great. He is a bit dryer than Rod and uses a few "Jackisms" every now and then ("there it is" or "gives it up" when a goal is scored) - and come to think of it, I recall him saying in an interview that he grew up as a Blackhawks fan, which means that he wouldn't have quite the same love for the Oilers as Rod did - but nonetheless, I do enjoy listening to his PBP.

And while I can't stand listening to Jack on CHED, think of what would have happened if they had hired this guy...and he was apparently on the shortlist: http://www.oilkings.ca/video/index/id/1321289952" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded">

Old
12-26-2012, 09:25 PM
monkeywrench

Has anyone heard when Ewanyk is coming back?

Old
12-27-2012, 10:44 AM
edmontonfan59

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Has anyone heard when Ewanyk is coming back?
Just heard Laxdal on the radio and he's back tonight.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonfan59 View Post
Just heard Laxdal on the radio and he's back tonight.
Awesome news!

Old
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The Rebels are killing the Oil Kings 3-0 in the first period. Shots are 13-1 for the Rebels.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:42 PM
40oz

Ewanyk with a goal!

Old
12-27-2012, 11:30 PM
monkeywrench

Ewanyk had a solid return I think. He was probably the best Oil King out there tonight.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I am the Liquor

Oil Kings did not look sharp tonight. Give them credit for coming back and making a game of it.

Replacements on the back end Irving and Carroll were terrible, particularly early on. Just not used to the speed of the WHL. Carroll seemed to adjust a little better and played ok for the second half of the game, but they were on the ice/responsible for a lot of the goals.

Oil Kings seemed to shorten the bench and went with four d for the last half of the first period. That was probably their best segment of the game as a team. Samuelsson was sluggish as was Wilson. Lots of stupid giveaways between the two of them.

Hopefully they get it together for the rematch tomorrow night in Red Deer. Sutter has that group fired up. Very vocal from the bench all night. Would have whipped the sad sack Oilers into shape if given the chance. He would probably need to be coach and gm for it to work though, because if you dont perform/put out, he could always get rid of you. Without the ability to do that, he would probably not be nearly as effective.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Were Moroz and Ewanyk on the same line?

Old
12-28-2012, 08:45 AM
edmontonfan59

Quote:
Oil Kings did not look sharp tonight. Give them credit for coming back and making a game of it.

Replacements on the back end Irving and Carroll were terrible, particularly early on. Just not used to the speed of the WHL. Carroll seemed to adjust a little better and played ok for the second half of the game, but they were on the ice/responsible for a lot of the goals.

Oil Kings seemed to shorten the bench and went with four d for the last half of the first period. That was probably their best segment of the game as a team. Samuelsson was sluggish as was Wilson. Lots of stupid giveaways between the two of them.

Hopefully they get it together for the rematch tomorrow night in Red Deer. Sutter has that group fired up. Very vocal from the bench all night. Would have whipped the sad sack Oilers into shape if given the chance. He would probably need to be coach and gm for it to work though, because if you dont perform/put out, he could always get rid of you. Without the ability to do that, he would probably not be nearly as effective.
I'm sure the boys will have a better showing tonight in Red Deer. I agree the that the rookie D didn't play well but the whole D didn't play well at all. The rookies were only on for 1 goal each so can't saddle them with being down 12-1 in shots right out of the gate. They need to come out like Red Deer did with guns blazing right from the drop of the puck.

Old
12-28-2012, 08:48 AM
JordanGalhanth

I was at the game and had some comments:
  • Why did the coach pull Jarry for a split second when they were down 2-0 and then bring him back in? Real head-scratcher there...
  • Give credit to the Rebels' goaltender, too. 53 saves is an amazing effort.
  • As bad as the Oil Kings were, what was with the reffing? That one second-period goal should not have been waived off (it would've been a huge boost if the Oil Kings could've scored then), and there were some very sketchy calls and non-calls (such as the boarding call on Wilson).

Old
12-28-2012, 10:40 AM
scid14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Were Moroz and Ewanyk on the same line?
I would like to know this as well. Also, how did they do? Sounds like Ewanyk did well in his return. Moroz got an assist on his goal but would like to know about their overall game.

Closed Thread