HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIV: Rielly Cool Story Broll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2012, 11:37 PM
  #226
RoyalGremlin
The future is now.
 
RoyalGremlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,094
vCash: 500
Wow, what channel? What time? I'm on a blackberry so navigating is a pain in the ass.

RoyalGremlin is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 12:37 AM
  #227
7even
Go on, do your duty
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 10,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazedRink View Post
Wow, what channel? What time? I'm on a blackberry so navigating is a pain in the ass.
If you're stateside the NHL Network is only broadcasting USA vs Sweden

7even is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 12:44 PM
  #228
johnnyutah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Anyone really intrigued by Dominic Toninato?
I am but I just wish there was more footage on him. Anyone have any good clips?

johnnyutah is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:19 PM
  #229
HarrisonFord
The Pain Is Coming
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,404
vCash: 500
I find it funny that hfboards has Leo Komorov rated as a 5.0 F

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/leo_komarov/

HarrisonFord is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:27 PM
  #230
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
I find it funny that hfboards has Leo Komorov rated as a 5.0 F

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/leo_komarov/
They also have Kadri as a 7.5 when he should be at least an 8. Colborne probably should drop to 6.5 or 7.0. Blacker 7.0. Biggs 7.5.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
  #231
johnnyutah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Is it too soon to say we should have taken Jordan Binnington over Josh Leivo? I like Leivo but I just really wish we had at least one more solid goaltending prospect.

johnnyutah is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 07:29 PM
  #232
Jax Teller
Registered User
 
Jax Teller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
Is it too soon to say we should have taken Jordan Binnington over Josh Leivo? I like Leivo but I just really wish we had at least one more solid goaltending prospect.
Simple solution.

Draft one of Fucale/Martin/Comrie in the 2nd round of the 2013 draft.

I'd take Leivo over Binnington.

Jax Teller is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:06 PM
  #233
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!
 
TheKingSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
While Binnington may be a good goalie, the Leafs need forward prospects more than goalie prospects ATM. We have enough young goalies fighting it out so there really is no room for Binnington on our depth chart.

Maybe instead of Sparks we should have drafted Graovac, then Binnington instead of Leivo...but right now I like how Leivo is developing as a prospect.

TheKingSlayer is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 06:57 PM
  #234
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 50
R Rupert with one (primary) assist so far tonight. Only watched the last 8 minutes of the 1st period so far and Rupert has done what he always does. Tough to play against and helps generate some chances.


Last edited by Grant: 12-27-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Grant is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:01 PM
  #235
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 73,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
While Binnington may be a good goalie, the Leafs need forward prospects more than goalie prospects ATM. We have enough young goalies fighting it out so there really is no room for Binnington on our depth chart.

Maybe instead of Sparks we should have drafted Graovac, then Binnington instead of Leivo...but right now I like how Leivo is developing as a prospect.
im happy with who we got so far. No complaints by me, we can always look hindsight or be happy with what we have.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
  #236
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 50
R Rupert with another primary. To be honest though Horvat should have got the goal and both assists though, he did all the work.

Side note: Knights have 8 goals, Griffith has yet to get a point, weird.

Rupert fearless on the PK, blocking shots left and right even though the team has an 8-4 lead.


Last edited by Grant: 12-27-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Grant is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:16 PM
  #237
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 73,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
They also have Kadri as a 7.5 when he should be at least an 8. Colborne probably should drop to 6.5 or 7.0. Blacker 7.0. Biggs 7.5.
Quick had a 6.0B i think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
R Rupert with another primary. To be honest though Horvat should have got the goal and both assists though, he did all the work.

Side note: Knights have 8 goals, Griffith has yet to get a point, weird.

Rupert fearless on the PK, blocking shots left and right even though the team has an 8-4 lead.
BUST!

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  #238
Bomber0104
One of These Days
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
They also have Kadri as a 7.5 when he should be at least an 8. Colborne probably should drop to 6.5 or 7.0. Blacker 7.0. Biggs 7.5.
I'd put Kadri down for a 8.0D, Colborne for a 8.0F, Blacker 6.5C, and Biggs 6.5C personally.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 10:51 PM
  #239
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Franchise Centre
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,183
vCash: 500
Anyways, Cameranesi is 21st in points NCAA wide, and is a few points back of leading all freshmen in scoring.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:54 PM
  #240
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,788
vCash: 500
It would be nice to see Tony C. Get a look for next year's US WJC team.

This is a kid that should benefit from college hockey. The time spent in the gum will be good for him. He's a lanky kid. He already skates well, has nice touch on his passes, and has good vision. With some added bulk, he could add a new dimension to hi game.

Look forward to following him. He's a project, but there's promise.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:14 AM
  #241
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,200
vCash: 500
Carter Ashton looks pretty good, but can't seem to score. He is doing everything right though, like going hard to the net, establishing the forecheck and getting chances.

Hope he can break out offensively. I wouldnt mind seeing a kadri, Ashton, Frattin line.

Colborne, on the other hand, looks absolutely terrible. I don't know what he is thinking. With that much talent and size, you would think he would have more than 2 goals.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:22 AM
  #242
The K Man
Registered User
 
The K Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
It would be nice to see Tony C. Get a look for next year's US WJC team.

This is a kid that should benefit from college hockey. The time spent in the gum will be good for him. He's a lanky kid. He already skates well, has nice touch on his passes, and has good vision. With some added bulk, he could add a new dimension to hi game.

Look forward to following him. He's a project, but there's promise.
Are you talking about Dominic Toninato? Cameranesi won't be eligible for next year's WJC and isn't really lanky, just short. They both are definitely projects though and college is the best route for them both.

The K Man is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 04:33 AM
  #243
LV
TML forever
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,846
vCash: 50
Rielly got an assist on Strome's goal, fifth point in his fifth game.

edit: Rielly scores.

edit: another assist.


Last edited by LV: 12-28-2012 at 05:01 AM.
LV is online now  
Old
12-28-2012, 09:01 AM
  #244
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
Are you talking about Dominic Toninato? Cameranesi won't be eligible for next year's WJC and isn't really lanky, just short. They both are definitely projects though and college is the best route for them both.
Lol, yup. Mixed them up in a battle with my eyelids...

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 10:06 AM
  #245
mikebel111*
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I'd put Kadri down for a 8.0D, Colborne for a 8.0F, Blacker 6.5C, and Biggs 6.5C personally.


you must hate all our prospects, kadri a D rating, really?

mikebel111* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:16 AM
  #246
Bomber0104
One of These Days
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
you must hate all our prospects, kadri a D rating, really?
I like Rielly, Frattin, Gardiner, Biggs, Finn, and that's it. Dont assume you know what I think.

Yeah a D rating. D as in doubtful to be a first line player which is exactly how hockeys future ranks people. you'd have to have an unreasonably high opinion of his career so far to think he has any sort of first line potential.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:34 AM
  #247
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 73,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Carter Ashton looks pretty good, but can't seem to score. He is doing everything right though, like going hard to the net, establishing the forecheck and getting chances.

Hope he can break out offensively. I wouldnt mind seeing a kadri, Ashton, Frattin line.

Colborne, on the other hand, looks absolutely terrible. I don't know what he is thinking. With that much talent and size, you would think he would have more than 2 goals.
It'll come he has the skill just needs to bring it out.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:42 AM
  #248
pooleboy
Registered User
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
Is it too soon to say we should have taken Jordan Binnington over Josh Leivo? I like Leivo but I just really wish we had at least one more solid goaltending prospect.
Sparks is looking like a very good 7th rounder

pooleboy is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:48 AM
  #249
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 73,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
Sparks is looking like a very good 7th rounder
lets hope that sticks and he progresses well.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
  #250
pooleboy
Registered User
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
you must hate all our prospects, kadri a D rating, really?
I'd say that's pretty acurate. I would give him a 7.5C persoanlly but I could see where the 8.0D is coming from

pooleboy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.