HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 5

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-25-2012, 11:57 PM
  #26
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Ate ****** the last 3 days.

KISSland is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 09:23 AM
  #27
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
It's my week off from work, so I have decided to take it easy this week:

I'll workout today and Sunday. One set of everything instead of two. Max reps.

Done in 20 minutes,

That sounds good.

Figz, I'm pretty sure most of us ate like **** over the holiday. I wouldn't worry about it. Eating like crap now and then allows me to maintain the lifestyle the rest of the time.

If that makes sense.

blue425 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 09:26 AM
  #28
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,981
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
It's my week off from work, so I have decided to take it easy this week:

I'll workout today and Sunday. One set of everything instead of two. Max reps.

Done in 20 minutes,

That sounds good.

Figz, I'm pretty sure most of us ate like **** over the holiday. I wouldn't worry about it. Eating like crap now and then allows me to maintain the lifestyle the rest of the time.

If that makes sense.
I ate so disgustingly bad the last week, and I'm going to Chicago next Tuesday for a little bit over a week. I really need to get out for like a 10 mile run, but won't be doing so anytime soon.

RayP is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 09:29 AM
  #29
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,709
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Look at it as a lifestyle change, then, and not some fad diet type of outlook.
Only way it will work long term.

beowulf is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
  #30
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I ate so disgustingly bad the last week, and I'm going to Chicago next Tuesday for a little bit over a week. I really need to get out for like a 10 mile run, but won't be doing so anytime soon.
Bah.

Eating like crap could be why my workout was meh today..

Pull Ups we're decent. Killed the dive bombers and up and downs. Squats we're good. Felt much weaker than usual by the time I got to push ups, and chin ups we're crap.

I'll try again Sunday.

blue425 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
  #31
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
It's my week off from work, so I have decided to take it easy this week:

I'll workout today and Sunday. One set of everything instead of two. Max reps.

Done in 20 minutes,

That sounds good.

Figz, I'm pretty sure most of us ate like **** over the holiday. I wouldn't worry about it. Eating like crap now and then allows me to maintain the lifestyle the rest of the time.

If that makes sense.
Still feel like **** for doing it. I think I might've gained weight, but I won't weight myself till next week.

Back on my grind in terms of eating healthy today. Although I'm 99% sure my brother will come over and want to order pizza, I won't do it. And if he insists. I'm throwing it out.


And I know what you mean by not getting a good workout in. Last night I went for back and arms, for some reason I had to cut weight on all my exercises, and I was still doing it at the end half assed.

Although I tried the leg press machine for the first time. Just wanted to see what I could do at one rep. Went all the way to 200. But I was doing 60, 70, 90, 100, 120, 130, 140, 160, 180, and then finally did 4 reps of 200. I tried to do 220, but couldn't get it done. I'll try it again when I get the chance. I think I can do over 250. I usually stick with body weight exercises for my legs anyways.

KISSland is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:03 PM
  #32
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 500
Going back home (Italy) Summer 2014 for my wedding (just got engaged Xmas Eve) so I'll be coming into this thread a ton the next year and a half for some of the excellent support and advice from many posters here.

In advance, thanks lift-bros

ForzaZuffa is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM
  #33
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,550
vCash: 500
Uh oh, I think I have forearm inflammation/tendinitis and on the bicep too. Which sucks because I was going to do more arm exercises. I hope it doesn't affect my other workouts.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 03:17 PM
  #34
Unaffiliated
Registered User
 
Unaffiliated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,139
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Still feel like **** for doing it. I think I might've gained weight, but I won't weight myself till next week.

Back on my grind in terms of eating healthy today. Although I'm 99% sure my brother will come over and want to order pizza, I won't do it. And if he insists. I'm throwing it out.


And I know what you mean by not getting a good workout in. Last night I went for back and arms, for some reason I had to cut weight on all my exercises, and I was still doing it at the end half assed.

Although I tried the leg press machine for the first time. Just wanted to see what I could do at one rep. Went all the way to 200. But I was doing 60, 70, 90, 100, 120, 130, 140, 160, 180, and then finally did 4 reps of 200. I tried to do 220, but couldn't get it done. I'll try it again when I get the chance. I think I can do over 250. I usually stick with body weight exercises for my legs anyways.
Honestly if all you do is bdwt leg exercises it will be pretty hard to gain much strength

Unaffiliated is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 03:22 PM
  #35
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Honestly if all you do is bdwt leg exercises it will be pretty hard to gain much strength
Yeah I know. Why I started adding weights to my routine. Doing leg curls and all that business now. I just wanted to see where I was at in terms of my legs. It's funny because my friend who has chicken legs can leg press 405lbs.... My legs physically look stronger than his, but he's been using that press machine for 6 months now.

Will start adding that to my routine when I get to school.

KISSland is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 05:31 PM
  #36
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Uh oh, I think I have forearm inflammation/tendinitis and on the bicep too. Which sucks because I was going to do more arm exercises. I hope it doesn't affect my other workouts.
Never had it on my bicep, but I used to have really bad forearm tendinitis. I stopped doing curls with straight bar/ez bar and it slowly got better. Looking back, I was really dumb with how I handled it..I just tried toughing it out and it just got worse and worse. I used to have to down Advils to take away the pain so I could sleep, and I couldn't even throw a baseball or it hurt like all hell. I stopped doing dumbbell curls standing as well and switched to seated, helped a lot.

Can't really imagine what bicep tendinitis would feel like, what do you think was the cause?

I decided I'm going to stop bulking today, I've been getting acne lately from all the bad foods (I try to eat a lot of healthy food, but it's so hard to bulk without eating junk. I think all the milk has been the main cause) and I really want to start working on abs as well.

Should I expect my strength to decrease once I start losing the weight?


Last edited by Fire Lindy: 12-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 05:40 PM
  #37
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,550
vCash: 500
I was doing reverse ez bar curls and I tweaked my right bicep and forearm last week. Basically hammer curl movements re-activate it.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:48 PM
  #38
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Orkney Islands
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Yeah I know. Why I started adding weights to my routine. Doing leg curls and all that business now. I just wanted to see where I was at in terms of my legs. It's funny because my friend who has chicken legs can leg press 405lbs.... My legs physically look stronger than his, but he's been using that press machine for 6 months now.
Using machines to work your legs is like trying to get drunk off of non-alcoholic beer.

WilderPegasus* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:03 AM
  #39
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Using machines to work your legs is like trying to get drunk off of non-alcoholic beer.
No, not really.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:16 AM
  #40
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Using machines to work your legs is like trying to get drunk off of non-alcoholic beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
No, not really.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

KISSland is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:14 AM
  #41
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Orkney Islands
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
No, not really.
Yeah, really. You look foolish either way and no one is impressed.

WilderPegasus* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:18 AM
  #42
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Yeah, really. You look foolish either way and no one is impressed.
True, because I mean 400 lbs on the sled is different than 400 lbs on the machine.

For ****s sake, people who don't even lift shouldn't be trying to give protips.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 10:00 AM
  #43
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
All it does is confuse the other people in here looking for genuine advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Yeah, really. You look foolish either way and no one is impressed.
And if this is your mind set in the gym then you may need to re-analyze.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 10:03 AM
  #44
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,981
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Yeah, really. You look foolish either way and no one is impressed.
So in other words, you're the guy who squats 500+ pounds but only goes down about 4 inches while squatting.


Got it.

RayP is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:18 AM
  #45
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Orkney Islands
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
So in other words, you're the guy who squats 500+ pounds but only goes down about 4 inches while squatting.


Got it.
That's not squatting. That's a knee bend. Squatting is when the crease of your hip is lower than the top of your femur. But walking out 500+ lbs is a lot more impressive than anything to do with a machine.

WilderPegasus* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:25 AM
  #46
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Just my personal opinion, but I think you may be a little too concerned with the thoughts of other people in the gym.

Fact is 90% of people in the gym have absolutely no idea what they're doing, and seeing someone "walking out" 500+ lbs in the squat rack (which in my gym I have never seen done correctly with control) doing half reps only furthers the all around ignorance in the weight room.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:34 AM
  #47
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,550
vCash: 500
It's all about the validation of other bros, yo! Most important part of fitness.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:35 AM
  #48
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Orkney Islands
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Just my personal opinion, but I think you may be a little too concerned with the thoughts of other people in the gym.
I'm not the one using a leg press machine whose sole purpose is to show off how many plates you can put on it. For the most part they're for wimps who aren't man enough to squat.

I don't care that I use jellydick weights when I'm squatting and deadlifting. I suck at them but I don't cheat on them.

WilderPegasus* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  #49
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
I'm not the one using a leg press machine whose sole purpose is to show off how many plates you can put on it. For the most part they're for wimps who aren't man enough to squat.

I don't care that I use jellydick weights when I'm squatting and deadlifting. I suck at them but I don't cheat on them.
Oh.

Guy calls the sled a machine.

I should listen to this guy. We all should.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 11:52 AM
  #50
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Just a few examples of the Bros I see in the gym:





Is it any wonder why the weight room is such a disaster to be in.

At least the weight is heavy though...... Right?...

Lynk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.