HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

50 greatest tag teams in WWE

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2012, 10:56 AM
  #1
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 12,762
vCash: 500
50 greatest tag teams in WWE

Found this to be an awful list b/t 50 and 10...but hard to argue much with top ten other than place

Joey Styles ‏@JoeyStyles
Best of 2012: The 50 greatest tag teams in @WWE history http://www.wwe.com/classics/top-50-t...in-wwe-history

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
  #2
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,970
vCash: 500
Joey Styles?

Dude is still on the WWE payroll and they aren't using him as an announcer? WTF?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:16 AM
  #3
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Underneath the Ring
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 450
I totally agree with the top ten.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:47 AM
  #4
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 30,672
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I can't argue too much on the list. I think it's a very fair list. He did well with it. I understand we are taking into consideration WWE only tag teams.

Good read.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:08 PM
  #5
El Dandy
I Against I
 
El Dandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,490
vCash: 50
They got #1 right.

If one is to consider all teams in any and every territory/promotion then E & C aren't #1 (still in my Top 5 all time) because they both made a name for themselves as a team and singles and they only teamed for 3 years (whereas Road Warriors teamed for decades and were only ever over as LOD/RW), but their success and the ability they showed in the WWF over the span of 3 years they teamed is unmatched.

El Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:35 PM
  #6
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 39,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Joey Styles?

Dude is still on the WWE payroll and they aren't using him as an announcer? WTF?
He wanted to work on wwe.com himself.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:39 PM
  #7
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Glad the Killer Bees are on there. Gotta love a face team that always cheated

Not sure why the Steiners are so low. I was never too much of a fan but I realize that w/their history they should be higher especially considering many of those rated above them.

My favorites are #2 and #3 so that makes me happy to see.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:17 PM
  #8
Xenophobia Catalyst
Know Fear
 
Xenophobia Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,458
vCash: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
They got #1 right.

If one is to consider all teams in any and every territory/promotion then E & C aren't #1 (still in my Top 5 all time) because they both made a name for themselves as a team and singles and they only teamed for 3 years (whereas Road Warriors teamed for decades and were only ever over as LOD/RW), but their success and the ability they showed in the WWF over the span of 3 years they teamed is unmatched.
I disagree. I think Demolition should have been #1. Longest single title reign + Overall Time as Champions is far greater than 7x as champions for not even 1/3 the time.

Don't misunderstand I think E&C should be top 3 for sure but not #1. I apprecaite the inovation that E&C brought to the Tag Division and I loved them but Demolition should be considered the best WWF/WWE tag team of all time.

Xenophobia Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:23 PM
  #9
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,676
vCash: 500
My biggest complaint is that The Brainbusters ( # 28 ) and The Quebecers ( # 22 ) should both be higher.

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
  #10
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Good list. I think it's a little hard to agree fully with placements because we know many of the teams from more promotions than just wwe. Truthfully I'd shuffle that list quite a bit myself.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:37 PM
  #11
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Underneath the Ring
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 450
Nailed #1

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:19 PM
  #12
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,030
vCash: 500
TEAMS THAT NEED TO BE WAY HIGHER

Team: London & Kendrick
Reason: Longest Tag Title reign since 1988 (Demolition). Only three teams in history held the tag titles longer in a single reign and only 8 teams held the tag titles longer period. People will say the division was weak, but it really wasn't. They defended against M&M, The Hardy Boyz, Regal & Taylor, etc, etc. Some good teams. They also defended against Damien Sandow in his first WWE stint.

Team: Killers Bees
Reason: They were awesome. I don't need to say anything else. Nah but seriously, what other team cheated to win all the time and were the good guys?

Team: The Rockers
Reason: Not even Top-10. Pathetic. One of the most memorable teams of all-time.

Team: The Brainbusters
Reason: Just an incredible team. One of my favourites of all-time.

TEAMS THAT NEED TO BE WAY LOWER

Team: The Bodydonnas
Reason: Really? Kind of a joke.

Team: Natural Disasters
Reason: Hated them and they barely made a dent in the Tag Division.

Team: Nasty Boys
Reason: They had one decent reign, but were generally terrible. Really not a fan and really don't think they deserve to be in the Top-20. Top-50? Sure, not Top-20.

Team: Morrison & Miz
Reason: lol. La Resistance deserves this spot more than them (although I wouldn't put them this higher either).

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:19 PM
  #13
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou
 
Axman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,538
vCash: 500
Although I'm way cool with Edge and Christian, they're not #1 IMHO.
LOD needs to be higher.
Rockers need to be lower.
British Bulldogs need to be higher.
Hardys need to be lower.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:45 PM
  #14
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Not sure why the Steiners are so low. I was never too much of a fan but I realize that w/their history they should be higher especially considering many of those rated above them.
They did nothing in the WWF. Their WCW career is a different story. Similar to the Brainbusters, they just didn't seem to fit the WWF mold at the time.

Personally, without the Dudleys, I don't think the Hardys or E & C are as interesting.

I would have the Foundation number one. Also thought Kane and Big Show were a lot better as a team than some of the Superteams that made the list.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:53 PM
  #15
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
Although I'm way cool with Edge and Christian, they're not #1 IMHO.
LOD needs to be higher.
Rockers need to be lower.
British Bulldogs need to be higher.
Hardys need to be lower.
I have never, in my life, seen a crowd react they way they did for the Rockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
They did nothing in the WWF. Their WCW career is a different story. Similar to the Brainbusters, they just didn't seem to fit the WWF mold at the time.

Personally, without the Dudleys, I don't think the Hardys or E & C are as interesting.

I would have the Foundation number one. Also thought Kane and Big Show were a lot better as a team than some of the Superteams that made the list.
Steiners had a couple of great matches, but were pretty uneventful in WWF.

Brainbusters, however, had great match after great match in the WWF.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:11 PM
  #16
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,620
vCash: 6115
"Edge and Christian were the arrogant jerks you loved to hate, especially as they revolutionized tag team wrestling for generations to come."


.....

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:14 PM
  #17
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Underneath the Ring
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 450
I think they just said the same thing over and over again for each team with different wording.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:23 PM
  #18
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
"Edge and Christian were the arrogant jerks you loved to hate, especially as they revolutionized tag team wrestling for generations to come."


.....
More like killed it because no tag team would ever be as good again, lol jokes.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:29 PM
  #19
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou
 
Axman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I have never, in my life, seen a crowd react they way they did for the Rockers..
I respect your opinion but more should play into all time tag lists than just crowd reaction.
Number two which is the part I have a hard time with is... 1/2 is Mary Jannety (sp?)

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:59 PM
  #20
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I respect your opinion but more should play into all time tag lists than just crowd reaction.
Number two which is the part I have a hard time with is... 1/2 is Mary Jannety (sp?)
Yeah, sure. They had a phantom title fun, were top babyfaces despite being jobbed, and put on great matches. Not sure what else they needed.

And what's wrong with Marty Jannetty? Guy was an incredible wrestler. He made some bad personal decisions, but what he did in the ring was always good. He was very over and if he never got himself into constant trouble, would have been a top star.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:31 PM
  #21
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
They did nothing in the WWF. Their WCW career is a different story. Similar to the Brainbusters, they just didn't seem to fit the WWF mold at the time.

Personally, without the Dudleys, I don't think the Hardys or E & C are as interesting.

I would have the Foundation number one. Also thought Kane and Big Show were a lot better as a team than some of the Superteams that made the list.
I figured it was assuming the WCW history as well.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:05 AM
  #22
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 25,594
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I laughed at the writeup for the Quebecers. The Quebec Style Rules match where they won the titles against the Steiners was enjoyable.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:16 AM
  #23
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
the bushwackers and legion of doom need to be higher!!!

Porn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:53 AM
  #24
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn* View Post
the bushwackers and legion of doom need to be higher!!!
The Bushwhackers shouldn't even be on the list.

La Resistance, Christian & Chris Jericho, The UnAmericans, Hurri-Kane, Basham Brothers, Kidman & London --- all better teams. And that's just off the top of my head.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:25 PM
  #25
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
I honestly don't remember many Brainbusters matches other than the one where Haku or Andre interfered to help them win the belts and when Rick Martel walked out on Tito Santana. I know they fought the Harts once, and it was nothing special. They just seemed like a missed opportunity, and only ended up in the Whiff because of a fight with WCW management.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.