HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Plekanec

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2012, 08:32 AM
  #101
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
No team that I can think of have ever actually tanked.
****sburgh. Lemieux.

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:37 AM
  #102
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
It's not tanking if you just plain out suck.
I think that's a point many people either can't see or just plain ignore. The Habs didn't "tank" last season, they were a very bad team. I don't see it being much different with their current roster.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:40 AM
  #103
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Would definitely be put up or shut up time for Eller in terms of offence.

Would be important to know how many ribs are cracked/broken? Hopefully some info filters through.
meh. as it is now, 3rd line C or 2nd line C, he wouldnt play with much better wingers.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:05 AM
  #104
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
What a joke.
Ignore list MVP, I tell ya.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:07 AM
  #105
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
meh. as it is now, 3rd line C or 2nd line C, he wouldnt play with much better wingers.
If everyone's wish comes true, 2C could play with Galchenyuk and Gionta. Huge difference if you ask me

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:42 AM
  #106
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
I guess he cried like a little girl about it too

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
  #107
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Ignore list MVP, I tell ya.
MVP? Haha let's have a poll!

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:24 AM
  #108
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I think that's a point many people either can't see or just plain ignore. The Habs didn't "tank" last season, they were a very bad team. I don't see it being much different with their current roster.
The Habs were going to draft high up no matter what because they sucked, but the Cammalleri, Kostitsyn and Gill trades were effectively tanking - giving up on this season to stock up on future draft picks.

Except for extreme cases (IE; Lemieux), that's what tanking usually is - an already bad team ensuring they will stay bad by trading for the future.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
  #109
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Habs were going to draft high up no matter what because they sucked, but the Cammalleri, Kostitsyn and Gill trades were effectively tanking - giving up on this season to stock up on future draft picks.

Except for extreme cases (IE; Lemieux), that's what tanking usually is - an already bad team ensuring they will stay bad by trading for the future.
I still don't call that tanking. It's asset mangement, you have UFA's that probably won't be back so you trade them for picks/prospects if ytou are out of contention. The Cammalleri trade was unrelated, he was moved because the relationship between him and the team was terrible and he was a distraction.

True tanking is on a whole different level(see Pittsburgh in 83-84 to get Lemieux).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:33 PM
  #110
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I still don't call that tanking. It's asset mangement, you have UFA's that probably won't be back so you trade them for picks/prospects if ytou are out of contention. The Cammalleri trade was unrelated, he was moved because the relationship between him and the team was terrible and he was a distraction.

True tanking is on a whole different level(see Pittsburgh in 83-84 to get Lemieux).
True, over the top tanking is rare though, usually teams accused of tanking are awful to begin with.

And the Cammalleri trade was caused by other reasons but that was the moment the team effectively lost any hope to compete, and the benefits of the trade - a pick, a prospect and additional cap space, were with the future in mind. Sure Bourque was a short term desperate attempt to increase "toughness" by making the average team size slightly bigger or whatever, but I never bought that he was the sole centrepiece of the trade as much as it was that nobody was eating Cammalleri's cap without the Habs taking something back.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:40 PM
  #111
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
True, over the top tanking is rare though, usually teams accused of tanking are awful to begin with.

And the Cammalleri trade was caused by other reasons but that was the moment the team effectively lost any hope to compete, and the benefits of the trade - a pick, a prospect and additional cap space, were with the future in mind. Sure Bourque was a short term desperate attempt to increase "toughness" by making the average team size slightly bigger or whatever, but I never bought that he was the sole centrepiece of the trade as much as it was that nobody was eating Cammalleri's cap without the Habs taking something back.
Cammalleri wasn't scoring, Bourque was struggling in Calgary, often deals like that benefit both teams. Neither player really played to expectations on their new teams...Cammy scored a few goals late but Calgary was already out of it.

At the end of the day Bourque had better numbers in Calgary than Cammy in Montreal so I do that deal again any day of the week, we just need a coach to light a fire under him and linemates that can get him the puck.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:54 PM
  #112
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
No team that I can think of have ever actually tanked.
Not actually lose on purpose. But I'm sure you get the point.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:11 PM
  #113
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear
 
Steve Shutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Colombia
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Any update on Pleks?

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
  #114
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 500
Tomas Plekanec is our best forward, and has never missed more than 5 regular season NHL games in a single season. I hope he's not out for too long, and that he heals up quickly.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:08 PM
  #115
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Tomas Plekanec is our best forward, and has never missed more than 5 regular season NHL games in a single season. I hope he's not out for too long, and that he heals up quickly.
He told some RDS chap he would be back next week. I hope he isn't taking that page off of Markov's book

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:18 PM
  #116
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Any update on Pleks?
Not a broken rib apparently.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Update on Plekanec's health: He did not break any ribs, but did have muscle pain in his rib cage, thus left last night's game early.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
  #117
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
If he misses any gametime, the habs will be a better team. If there is a season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Its not a joke but a fact...
You clearly don't know what a fact is.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:31 PM
  #118
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,456
vCash: 500
Aubut forcing Bergeron to play Sergei Mylnikov was definitively tanking, too. People wanted to see the guy play because he was Russian, but he couldn't stop a bus.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:06 PM
  #119
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Not a broken rib apparently.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Update on Plekanec's health: He did not break any ribs, but did have muscle pain in his rib cage, thus left last night's game early.
The pain is from playing his heart out game after game,year after year and not winning the SC or the WHC's.Heartache is a known injury to player's of his ilk.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:34 AM
  #120
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Is that good or bad luck? Keeps Gally up with the big club and we draft high.
You want to burn one of Gally's pre UFA years this year? And expose him to injury to his knee at age 18, and when if with Pleky out we have no chance of making the PO? And we possibly draft higher if Gally does not play?

Good thinking.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:40 AM
  #121
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
It wouldn't be a Plekanec thread without PatofQC bashing him and saying he makes the team worse.
I blocked PatofQC a year ago, it's been heaven ever since.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:56 AM
  #122
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Aubut forcing Bergeron to play Sergei Mylnikov was definitively tanking, too. People wanted to see the guy play because he was Russian, but he couldn't stop a bus.
Beach ball

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:16 AM
  #123
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
If everyone's wish comes true, 2C could play with Galchenyuk and Gionta. Huge difference if you ask me
bah, in a less than 50 games season I expect Gionta to get injured at the 15 games mark, and there's really no guarantee Gally makes the team, let alone play on the top two lines.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:45 AM
  #124
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Cammalleri wasn't scoring, Bourque was struggling in Calgary, often deals like that benefit both teams. Neither player really played to expectations on their new teams...Cammy scored a few goals late but Calgary was already out of it.

At the end of the day Bourque had better numbers in Calgary than Cammy in Montreal so I do that deal again any day of the week, we just need a coach to light a fire under him and linemates that can get him the puck.
Cammy quite clearly played to expectations on Calgary.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
  #125
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 500
We dont have a very good team.
Tomas Plekanec is our best player.
We are a weaker team without him.
We have Scott Gomez.
Jones would look good on the back of a Habs jersey.
Mackinnon would too.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.