HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cammalleri to Detroit

Old
12-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

vCash: 50
I have a few Canucks fans that will probably lynch me for this, but what about Cammalleri to the Canucks, Edler to Detroit, something good to Calgary (youth, I'd assume, but more realistically, other pieces to fill out the roster with Wideman in the fold) and what evers needed to fill things out?

Just a shot here, don't burn me alive, but Vancouver gets a solid top 6 forward, Detroit gets a top line defender to help replace Lidstrom, and using Sully 61's offer of a 1st and Jensen/Nedomlel/Quine, what would have to be added from all sides concerned?

From Detroit:
1st
Filppula
one "bubble" prospect

To Detroit:
Edler
+?

From Calgary:
Cammalleri
Babchuk/Sarich

To Calgary:
Detroit's 1st
Vancouver's 2nd
One of the prospects from Detroit listed

From Vancouver
Edler
2nd
+?

To Vancouver:
Cammalleri
Babchuk? Sarich?
Filppula

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:34 PM
SirloinUB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I have a few Canucks fans that will probably lynch me for this, but what about Cammalleri to the Canucks, Edler to Detroit, something good to Calgary (youth, I'd assume, but more realistically, other pieces to fill out the roster with Wideman in the fold) and what evers needed to fill things out?

Just a shot here, don't burn me alive, but Vancouver gets a solid top 6 forward, Detroit gets a top line defender to help replace Lidstrom, and using Sully 61's offer of a 1st and Jensen/Nedomlel/Quine, what would have to be added from all sides concerned?

From Detroit:
1st
Filppula
one "bubble" prospect

To Detroit:
Edler
+?

From Calgary:
Cammalleri
Babchuk/Sarich

To Calgary:
Detroit's 1st
Vancouver's 2nd

From Vancouver
Edler
2nd
+?

To Vancouver:
Cammalleri
Babchuk? Sarich?
Filppula

That is bad. Vancouver runs away with it, while detroit and calgary get fleeced

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Guido Sarducci

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
He scored 41 points last season. He scored 47 points the season before that. He scored 50 points the season before that. That is an average of 46 points per season over the last 3 years.

So, yeah... he produces around 40 points, with the trend going steadily downwards.

Claiming he'll score 40 goals is laughable. He wouldn't come anywhere close to scoring 40 goals, regardless of who his center was. Franzen, who is currently a better point producer than Cammelleri, has never gotten 40 goals on Datsyuk's wing.

The only recent players who have gotten 40 goals playing with Datsyuk are Hossa and Zetterberg, and Cammalleri isn't even close to being in the same realm as either of them.
Cammalleri WILL be a top line producer and he will do it for the Flames. Next full season I say him and Iginla both get 30+ and battle all year for the team lead. If the Red Wings want a Dman how about help correcting one of the biggest mistakes Flames management has ever made. Letting Cammalleri go and giving his money to Bouwmeester. We are half way to correcting the mistake.

Bouwmeester and 3rd for 7th

We in Calgary would really appreciate the help.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
People are in love with a Filppula/Edler trade even though both are UFA next season...

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:12 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

From Detroit:
1st
Filppula
one "bubble" prospect

To Detroit:
Edler
+?

From Calgary:
Cammalleri
Babchuk/Sarich

To Calgary:
Detroit's 1st
Vancouver's 2nd

From Vancouver
Edler
2nd
+?

To Vancouver:
Cammalleri
Babchuk? Sarich?
Filppula

With Edler a ufa in July and the lockout going on, why isn't Detroit simply waiting until the ufa signing period starts up?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
I used the Detroit's 1st/prospect for Cammalleri as the basis, and added Flip for the relative upgrade to a top pairing defender, a position of need for them. No one shouted that one down.

A 2nd for Babchuk or Sarich isn't too out of whack on top of that, is it? If memory serves, neither are really setting the world on fire in Calgary, both are right handed, and with Bouwmeester, Wideman, Gio and younger guys like Butler, Brody and Smith, I thought one or the other would be expendable.

And from a Detroit-Vancouver standpoint, we have been talking Flip-Franzen for Edler for awhile. I didn't think Franzen was much more valuable to them then a 1st and a prospect who might not make their team. If the first is that much more valuable, trade Flip for Franzen, instead of the mystery "+". Given the contract status, I don't covet Filppula a great deal over Franzen, as either would walk on to our team as a top six forward in terms of talent, and a few Detroit players saw him as more of a throw in in the Flip/Franzen/Edler deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
People are in love with a Filppula/Edler trade even though both are UFA next season...
Well, from a "needs" position, that basis still makes sense to me. Detroit needs a top pairing defenseman, and Vancouver needs forwards that can ameliorate their scoring depth and play off scoring. I mean if we have to move Edler, I have no hard feelings about him playing for the Red Wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
With Edler a ufa in July and the lockout going on, why isn't Detroit simply waiting until the ufa signing period starts up?
If we're playing things realistically, I don't honestly think Edler makes it to UFA. We either trade him for another UFA, resign him (far and away the most likely scenario) or if we're out of a playoff position, sell him off for futures.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:58 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
He scored 39 with Conroy as the Center or Tanguy as the lw. He hasn't exactly been healthy but he's good for likely 30 goals to 40 on a good year.
That was five years ago. He hasn't scored even half that many in the past few years.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
wingz rule

Quote:
I used the Detroit's 1st/prospect for Cammalleri as the basis, and added Flip for the relative upgrade to a top pairing defender, a position of need for them. No one shouted that one down.
If you used that as the basis, wouldn't Detroit be getting Cammalleri then, instead of Vancouver?

wingz rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz rule View Post
If you used that as the basis, wouldn't Detroit be getting Cammalleri then, instead of Vancouver?
And then flipping him our way, for Edler, who I thought would have been more valuable in Detroits current situation (two top 4 D, one a top pairing D, leaving and having....17 or so forwards ready for duty).

Old
12-28-2012, 06:46 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Flames cant really afford to move Cammy, he is our only player that can play "Top 6 Center".

If we blow it up, Cammy for 1st + Tatar + Cond 2nd, is probably in the right realm.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:53 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
That was five years ago. He hasn't scored even half that many in the past few years.
If you include playoff goals, which are harder to come by, yes he has.

In 2009/2010 he put up 39 goals in 84 games.

In 2011/2012 he had 11 goals in 29 games for the Flames, despite the team being beat up.

The only recent time he hasn't scored on a 30+ goal pace is the 2010/11 and first half of 2011/2012, when playing on an offensively inept Montreal team. You can't take that 1.5 as his scoring potential.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:53 PM
wingz rule

Quote:
And then flipping him our way, for Edler, who I thought would have been more valuable in Detroits current situation (two top 4 D, one a top pairing D, leaving and having....17 or so forwards ready for duty).
Why exactly would we be giving up another top 6 forward to this deal then? Especially since Edler's a ufa at the end of the year.

wingz rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:39 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
This is just a list of UFA D-men that are free agents next season that Detroit should consider.

Kimmo Timonen
Sergei Gonchar
Lubo Visnovsky
Ryan Whitney
Marek Zidlicky
Alex Edler
Doug Murray

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:41 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
This is just a list of UFA D-men that are free agents next season that Detroit should consider.

Kimmo Timonen
Sergei Gonchar
Lubo Visnovsky
Ryan Whitney
Marek Zidlicky
Alex Edler
Doug Murray
We'll take the guy that Vancouver wrongfully stole from us, thank you very much...

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:32 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
We'll take the guy that Vancouver wrongfully stole from us, thank you very much...
Those greedy 'Nucks

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:53 PM
wedge56

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
They're set for quantity, not quality. There is a distinct need for a goal scoring sniper to line up next to Pav. Cammalleri would be a huge upgrade on Bert but I think someone like Semin or Iggy would be much better.

That being said I agree with the others that Detroit's primary need is defense, a sniper is more of a want.
--Agreed, but in a salary cap world Detroit needs now more than ever to NOT trade too much of their young talent. Z and Dats are not going to be on the top of their games forever and Nyquist, Brunner, Tatar, Jurco, et al need to get some legit looks with the big club and soon. One of them may turn into a legit 40 goal a year guy...or maybe not, but seeing as how the days of picking up a Coffey and a Shanahan whenever we want are long gone...we have to give them a chance.

I don't want to see Nyquist on the big club pulling in 5 minutes of ice time a game grinding on line 4 then being sent down for three games after playing 2 with the big boys. I know Babcock has his methods, but sometimes I wonder.

wedge56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:18 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge56 View Post
--Agreed, but in a salary cap world Detroit needs now more than ever to NOT trade too much of their young talent. Z and Dats are not going to be on the top of their games forever and Nyquist, Brunner, Tatar, Jurco, et al need to get some legit looks with the big club and soon. One of them may turn into a legit 40 goal a year guy...or maybe not, but seeing as how the days of picking up a Coffey and a Shanahan whenever we want are long gone...we have to give them a chance.

I don't want to see Nyquist on the big club pulling in 5 minutes of ice time a game grinding on line 4 then being sent down for three games after playing 2 with the big boys. I know Babcock has his methods, but sometimes I wonder.
Probably not a great example there even though I understand your point. They did trade Coffey and Primeau for Shanahan. That wasn't a small package and Primeau was a high draft pick with tons of upside that had a pretty good career before it was ended prematurely.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote