HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Plekanec

Old
12-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Perhaps but that's likely the most you would get from the Sens. The Sens have no need for Plek

I would not do Cowen for Plekanec and Tinordi.
If you simply want to make insulting offers do it elsewhere. There are actually people in this thread who obviously value Plekanec. I tell you what, we keep Plekanec and offer you Wever and a 3rd for that spud named Spezza. Sound fair?

Try to get a friend to explain what "value" threads are about before posting garbage in the future.

Also, Cowen is not enough for Plekanec on his own. It would be Cowen +. If you do not need Plekanec, don't make an offer for him.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Perhaps but that's likely the most you would get from the Sens. The Sens have no need for Plek

I would not do Cowen for Plekanec and Tinordi.
1. Then clearly Sens fans don't know value. (I'm kidding, except not about you)

2. Plekanec is worth FAR more than Cowen. Adding Tinordi is a joke. I don't care what he means to your organization, you think that Plekanec and Tinordi are meaningless to the Habs?

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

1) I don't think a first is a necessity.

2) Habs aren't packaging anything with Plekanec, stop this non-sense.

3) Best offer I've seen is Antoine Vermette + Connor Murphy.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
I know it likely won't top too many offers, but a 1st and Gaunce. We don't "need" Plekanec, but I think we'd have a spot as our 2C with Kesler on the wing. Futures and the "other guys" in Raymond, Ballard, Alberts and others are all the + we can afford to give, so I make a modest proposal without them and leave it at that.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:34 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I know it likely won't top too many offers, but a 1st and Gaunce. We don't "need" Plekanec, but I think we'd have a spot as our 2C with Kesler on the wing. Futures and the "other guys" in Raymond, Ballard, Alberts and others are all the + we can afford to give, so I make a modest proposal without them and leave it at that.
I'd be very tempted. Throw in Raymond and you've got a deal. I'll even throw a 3rd in there or perhaps a 2nd.

Maybe I'm just high on Gaunce though.

Old
12-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
I'd be very tempted. Throw in Raymond and you've got a deal. I'll even throw a 3rd in there or perhaps a 2nd.

No need for Raymond at all.

Gaunce and a 1st is fair value. It also gives us a good problem later on. Who's the 3rd line centre ? Eller,or Gaunce ? Or, maybe Gaunce can move to wing.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
glenbuis

Quote:

High on something. For what he does for our team, he is way undervalued. Wait till deadline day and teams will be offering up a lot more.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:18 PM
glenbuis

Looks like plekanac may have broke his ribs last nite. Thats not good.

Old
12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
The required minimum skill level to be a top 4 isn't there. Good thing he's huge, that will get him to the show.
I didn't realize
1) you had a time machine to predict what Tinordi will become
2) 2nd line centers who avg 20+ goals and play in all situations are worth LESS than a guy with 1 year experience and now a fully torn labrum

good thing you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Maxpac

To anybody out there, we don't want or need any defensmens or vets. We need high end wing prospects or picks. Big players preferably.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:51 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No need for Raymond at all.

Gaunce and a 1st is fair value. It also gives us a good problem later on. Who's the 3rd line centre ? Eller,or Gaunce ? Or, maybe Gaunce can move to wing.
I don't know... Plekanec is so important to our team. Great production, consistency, leadership, amazing two way player, etc. I'd want a roster player back like Raymond who doesn't seem to fit in with Vancouver, and could make up for some lost production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
High on something. For what he does for our team, he is way undervalued. Wait till deadline day and teams will be offering up a lot more.
Exactly, which is why I wanted Raymond as well.

A solid 2nd/3rd line player who is good defensively and can put up some points in Raymond, a big strong prospect centre in Gaunce and a 1st. I'd say that's pretty fair value for Pleks. You're the one who likes to give away our players for nothing though. Didn't you want to GIVE him and Subban for something like Dumba and Coyle... LOL?

Old
12-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:

Done. Much as it would be comical a player that annoys me on my favorite goes to my second favorite team.

I do believe Raymond could find his niche again, especially on a team more geared his style. He needs linemates to cover for his deficiencies when gaining the zone. A problem is Kesler tends to rely on only himself in those scenarios, whereas Pacioretty or Cole are liable to grind the boards and leave Raymond to do his thing. If he can settle down and not attempt physicality, Raymond is a great speedster defensive player. I wouldn't line him up with Gionta though. He needs a bigger linemate. Even if Gio plays bigger than his size suggests.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:23 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Done. Much as it would be comical a player that annoys me on my favorite goes to my second favorite team.

I do believe Raymond could find his niche again, especially on a team more geared his style. He needs linemates to cover for his deficiencies when gaining the zone. A problem is Kesler tends to rely on only himself in those scenarios, whereas Pacioretty or Cole are liable to grind the boards and leave Raymond to do his thing. If he can settle down and not attempt physicality, Raymond is a great speedster defensive player. I wouldn't line him up with Gionta though. He needs a bigger linemate. Even if Gio plays bigger than his size suggests.
One catch, you have to take Kaberle .

Old
12-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
One catch, you have to take Kaberle .
Now you're just being cruel.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:02 PM
glenbuis

Come on guys, since were in a position to rebuild a small bit, there is no need or place for a guy like Raymond. All players obtained ( unless there skill level is off the charts ) should have size and grit.

Old
12-29-2012, 04:26 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Come on guys, since were in a position to rebuild a small bit, there is no need or place for a guy like Raymond. All players obtained ( unless there skill level is off the charts ) should have size and grit.
Size and grit isn't as important as skilled two way play, in my opinion. Size and grit is good in some situations, or if it also has some skill, like Lucic.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I would love to get Pleks on the Jets.

I just don't think management would shoot for it, due to age (and possibly size).

We definitely have quite a few large wing prospects, but I'm not sure many are high-end enough to even make considering trading Pleks worthwhile. Maybe Telegin or Lowry (I'd like to keep Lowry though)? Klingberg/Machacek is another option, but their ceilings are likely as 3rd liners.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:10 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

I just don't think management would shoot for it, due to age (and possibly size).

We definitely have quite a few large wing prospects, but I'm not sure many are high-end enough to even make considering trading Pleks worthwhile. Maybe Telegin or Lowry (I'd like to keep Lowry though)? Klingberg/Machacek is another option, but their ceilings are likely as 3rd liners.
Well I would love to have Bogosian on the habs. What else with Plekanac would be needed to make this happen?

Old
12-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Well I would love to have Bogosian on the habs. What else with Plekanac would be needed to make this happen?
Pretty much impossible.

If you were to ask Winnipeg for one untouchable on the team it would likely be Bogosian.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Adam Spylo

Quote:

How about Byfuglien and Klingberg for Plekanec and Kaberle?

Adam Spylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:00 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Pretty much impossible.

If you were to ask Winnipeg for one untouchable on the team it would likely be Bogosian.
Subban would cover a lot of hurt. Plekanac and subban would be a bit much. There must be someway to work this out. Plekanac, subban and a second for bogosian and a first. Subban and desharnais for bogosian.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:03 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Subban would cover a lot of hurt. Plekanac and subban would be a bit much. There must be someway to work this out. Plekanac, subban and a second for bogosian and a first. Subban and desharnais for bogosian.
Seriously.... why do you hate the Habs? Subban alone is more valuable to Montreal than Bogo.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:29 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Seriously.... why do you hate the Habs? Subban alone is more valuable to Montreal than Bogo.
There is a reason why winnipeg wouldn't consider such a deal but you think i hate the habs. Bogosian is a BEAST that is extremely difficult to play against. Subban may have a slight edge offensively and i mean slight. With Bogosian you don't have to worry about him fighting with his teammates. Price's feelings may get hurt but give him a few games with Bogosian in front of him and he'll be alright. Price and Subban can always stay in touch. We just wouldn't have to deal with the monthly team distractions that are sure to come up.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:02 PM
glenbuis

To bad winnipeg wouldn't go for it.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:58 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
There is a reason why winnipeg wouldn't consider such a deal but you think i hate the habs. Bogosian is a BEAST that is extremely difficult to play against. Subban may have a slight edge offensively and i mean slight. With Bogosian you don't have to worry about him fighting with his teammates. Price's feelings may get hurt but give him a few games with Bogosian in front of him and he'll be alright. Price and Subban can always stay in touch. We just wouldn't have to deal with the monthly team distractions that are sure to come up.
You, as someone who has NO idea as to the going ons of the dressing room, makes ridiculous assumptions that Subban is having a negative impact on the team. You have absolutely no reasoning or definitive evidence, save for "heat of the moment" altercations between teammates in a bad season for everyone. The only fist fight I've ever been in was with my best friend. Friends and teammates don't always have to get along, conflict is BOUND to arise. Stop with trying to give away Subban for lesser pieces because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.