HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Snowstorm today!!

Old
12-27-2012, 06:44 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Back from Le Massif... A couple of snowmobiles passed me at one time

Oh and many times was the handbrake pulled

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Oh, I wasn't expecting UPS to deliver my package to be honest. The streets are terrible.

If we're lucky, this snow will be removed before Jan 1st.
I live near a hospital, so snow removal is pretty quick around here. I'm hoping it's done by the 29th.

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:

The snowpocalypse has begun.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Malreg

My wife got into an accident on the 13 this morning at 10 a.m because some idiot did not leave enough distance and rammed her. They have been waiting for a tow truck ever since! Going on 10.5 hours now...

A police officer finally showed up and then a tow truck. After 10 minutes the truck said he had another call and left! Told them another truck would come. Unbelievable!!!

Malreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:45 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malreg View Post
My wife got into an accident on the 13 this morning at 10 a.m because some idiot did not leave enough distance and rammed her. They have been waiting for a tow truck ever since! Going on 10.5 hours now...

A police officer finally showed up and then a tow truck. After 10 minutes the truck said he had another call and left! Told them another truck would come. Unbelievable!!!
That's awful!

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:54 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Nice

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon

Quote:

That is some goood 'shopin.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:13 PM
snakeye

Btw all the idiots seem to be out. What's up with driving with hazards on, but WITH THE HEADLIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS OFF???? x1000

Or hazards when it's not even snowing anymore? I ****ing see you, turn them off! I swear these idiots are out to trick us normal drivers into thinking they're immobilized when we spot them from far. Just causes useless stress. Hazards are not supposed to be an indicator of the weather anyway. People misuse them so much it's ridiculous.

This morning an Asian woman driving a minivan just weaved into my lane as she was cleaning the ice off her windshield. Yes... yes ice on window is a good reason to steer your car into my lane.

Some other moron was hogging the left lane on the highway going 20km/h while yapping on his cellphone.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
If we're lucky, this snow will be removed before Jan 1st.
Quote:

They usually clean up my street 4-5 days after a storm. I'm optimistic. At worst I'll just have to buy a pair of racquets.
Last week's snow was removed yesterday on my street (Pierrefonds). As my neighbour said, "just in time for the coming storm".

****er

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:

As a fellow 'shopper... I'm jealous.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Went to walk my dog earlier and the snow on my crescent hasn't been touched yet. It was a hassle just trying to walk out of my street.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malreg View Post

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:01 PM

Mail is so ****ing slow. **** it I will only tip my mailman 10$ instead of the usual 20$.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

It's the snowpocalypse here too! A whole two cm fell down! Traffic is bat ****, people are fallingall over the place! Taxis won't go anywhere! Hell!!!!

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:59 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I live near a hospital, so snow removal is pretty quick around here. I'm hoping it's done by the 29th.
i work at the jewish and cars are still snowed in in their original spots, mostly on the south side of cote ste cat. i made it close to work for my shift yesterday but was trapped on small streets with stuck cars and facing 2 way streets with one set of tracks. i was trapped driving and couldn't actually come in for work. i had considered the bus, but laval was shut down and montreal wasn't much better. it took me a good half hour just to get off my street. and while driving blindly around cote des neiges, had to dig out twice. car being low to the ground doesn't help.

parking is still shyte, so i bussed/metro today, and may do the same on the weekend. i kinna have a good spot at home atm, and don't want to move my car either

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:55 PM
knuck
On and off fan

my poor , lowered car had a hard time yesterday haha

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:19 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

I basically slept through this whole storm yesterday. I woke up at night, went to go out to check the mail and...couldn't lol!

My door was blocked with the accumulated snow. I had to go through the garage and shovel it out. If I didn't have access to the garage (I live in a triplex) I literally couldn't have gotten out.

Would have made for a hilarious story.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:28 PM

Just parked my car in a spot someone else cleared. Thanks brah!

Old
12-28-2012, 07:26 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
my poor , lowered car had a hard time yesterday haha
lol what do you drive? I'd be impressed if anything else than a lowered tank made it 10 meters in yesterday's snow.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:08 PM
knuck
On and off fan

2001 Honda Accord

It is the previous owner who has lowered it so I don't know exactly how much but I would say about 1.5 to 2 inches. My car is also lower during winter than summer because the winter steel rims are quite small and the tires don't make up for loss in height (about another inch).

Most of the time, I scrape the snow off the ground because I'm the lowest car to drive on the road that day

I have had the car for 5 years. The first 3 years, I got stuck only once and it was while helping someone else who was stuck. Last year i got stuck once because a snowplower made a damn wall around my car. Yesterday ? I got stuck 4 times One of those time was on a 160m long street. I had to get in and out of the car every 3 meters to put my traction aids back under my tires. It took me about half an hour to crawl the whole way. I didn't mind, I thought it was kind of funny. I was trying really hard to get out of there though but the people behind me had nothing better to do than honk, thinking I was magically going to disappear

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:07 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I totally threw out my back trying to dig out my car...It has never gotten stuck in the snow ever before cause of the 4x4, but this time it was completely buried, you could only see a bit of the top, and the wheel wells were completely packed with snow, the wheels wouldn't even turn.

My gf helped me and it only took 30 minutes to dig it out...But man am I ever sore today. I injured my back last year, have 2 herniated discs, was doing better but this must have aggrevated it. Now I'm at work, can barely move, and I'm super woozy from the Robax. The pain isn't even really in my back, it's in my ass cheeks. It hurts to sit, hurts to walk, hurts to stand...Just HURTS.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:39 PM
ashtraygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Now I'm at work, can barely move, and I'm super woozy from the Robax. The pain isn't even really in my back, it's in my ass cheeks. It hurts to sit, hurts to walk, hurts to stand...Just HURTS.
That sounds like the definition of hell. Do you have problems with sciatic nerves? cause that's often related to pain in the buttocks.

ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Mail is so ****ing slow. **** it I will only tip my mailman 10$ instead of the usual 20$.
Is it an unwritten rule to tip the mailman? Cuz I never did lol. I never met him anyway I'm never home during the day.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:24 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtraygirl View Post
That sounds like the definition of hell. Do you have problems with sciatic nerves? cause that's often related to pain in the buttocks.
Yeah I do, as a result of my back injury. It really is hell...It usually gives me this sensation of fire needles stabbing me all down my leg and into my foot. It isn't really an intense pain, but its almost always there when I sit down.

But today....Today it's a very intense pain.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:11 PM

Man, mail delivery drivers have to be the laziest people on this planet. Ungrateful ****ers.