HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tim Thomas to Toronto

Old
12-28-2012, 03:10 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
Yeah, there's noway I would want a guy who let in 8 goals in 7 games in a Stanley Cup final near any team I want to do well.
He did have two shutouts in the finals.

I don`t get all the hate directed at Luongo but I guess it`s easier to blame the goalie than to get heart transplants for a whole team.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
He did have two shutouts in the finals.

I don`t get all the hate directed at Luongo but I guess it`s easier to blame the goalie than to get heart transplants for a whole team.
The Sedins particularly.."when the going gets tough, the Sedins hide"

Lou had a couple of bad games there in the Finals, but he was getting pounded with shots, his teammates hung him out to dry.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
The Sedins particularly.."when the going gets tough, the Sedins hide"

Lou had a couple of bad games there in the Finals, but he was getting pounded with shots, his teammates hung him out to dry.
The thing is Luongo wasn't getting pounded with shots. The Canucks were getting pounded with soft goals.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
How does this rumored "amnesty buyout" affect the goalie market?

Philly buys out Bryz? Bryz signs in KHL

Vancouver buys out Lui? Lou heads to Florida

Boston buys out Thomas? TT starts his political campaign

I think Timmy ends up in Toronto
I will agree with you that TT is the most likely to end up in Toronto. Say TT for Toronto Mayor? I think he could fill Rob Ford's shoes

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:32 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonFanatic View Post
I wouldn't say he's past his prime but he's only good for 1-2 more seasons.
If he's only got one or two years left in him that means he's well past his prime. Doesn't mean he's a scrub but it does mean he's past his prime. But there is a good bit of value in the one or two years if he were willing to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
im sure some one has already said it but i only read a few posts and had to say , i wouldnt want that nut job any where near any team i wanted to see do well, TO deserves better than that nut job in the dressing room , stick with riemer scrivens OP rather than curse the the leafs with that drama queen.
FAIL

Last edited by spiny norman: 12-28-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: consecutive
dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:16 AM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
If he's only got one or two years left in him that means he's well past his prime. Doesn't mean he's a scrub but it does mean he's past his prime. But there is a good bit of value in the one or two years if he were willing to return.

FAIL
Toronto should've kept giguere. He's the best mentor for reimer or scrivens. I'm sure it had to to with money and the fact he was injured a lot during his time there but he had a good season last year in Colorado. I think reimer will be fine now that he's fully recovered from the head/neck issues

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:05 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
Toronto should've kept giguere. He's the best mentor for reimer or scrivens. I'm sure it had to to with money and the fact he was injured a lot during his time there but he had a good season last year in Colorado. I think reimer will be fine now that he's fully recovered from the head/neck issues
Agreed on J.S. They made a mistake not having a vet presence IMO. But I can kind of understand them wanting to see if one of the two young guys could run with it. I do think they need to find a vet back up for Reimer whenever the league starts back up

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote