HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buyouts per team

Old
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Philly is an interesting team. I wonder if they would buy Bryz out.
They need to get a replacement first. They can't put Leighton out there.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:53 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Are these full dollar buyouts? A guy like Paul Martin isn't someone you pay 12-15 million dollars to just go away. He's still a serviceable #3/4 guy, just overpaid by ~1.5 million.
If it's like last time, then 2/3 paid all at once (not over twice the length of the contract and put in escrow) and teams aren't allowed to re-sign the player or trade for him for a year.

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
If there will be a shortened season, I'm expecting Sheldon Souray not to live up to the contract he signed back in july, and be bought out before 2013/2014.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Prior to the 2013/2014 season changes a lot of things. I don't see Montreal wasting this opportunity on a contract with 1 year left especially if regular buyouts are still completely acceptable.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:58 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
If there will be a shortened season, I'm expecting Sheldon Souray not to live up to the contract he signed back in july, and be bought out before 2013/2014.
I wouldn't be surprised to see that if Vatanan or Lindholm progress enough to be NHL candidates for next year. That way we will have a good amount of money for a big time player (since there will probably be a greater FA market in the future with teams against caps not being able to resign players).

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:59 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

SJ would rather buyout Handzus before we even consider Havlat as a possibility.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Jurky
Nightmare on Helm St

vCash: 50
If this happens I really hope Kenny Holland buys out Bertuzzi. The Wings have 3-4 prospects ready for the NHL now and 2-3 more not far behind, Bertuzzi is wasting a roster spot.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:14 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Except you left out the fact that Streit, Hamonic, and Bailey are due new contracts at the end of the year and Andrew MacDonald is due a big payraise in 2014. Also with the future set in stone for the Isles, I expect them to attract bigger free agents and not settle for the Marty Reasoners and Mark Eatons of the UFA market.

They would be stupid to not get DiPi's contract off the books without it counting towards the cap. What happens where were are gonna' have to pay the talent that we spent so many years developing and waiting for?

Both rfas Hamonic and MacDonald will be due very nice raises. I believe the new cba will limit the amount of those raises.
I don't see 35/36 yr old Streit breaking the bank. At least not with the NYI.

And while I like Bailey's solid defensive play and pk work, I doubt his 30-35 pts a season, land him a big contract.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:22 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Havlat is one of the last I'd trade, why would we buy him out? The only possible buy out would be Handzus, but even then the Sharks shouldn't do it unless they need the space, which they don't right now. He only has one year left on his contract, DW would rather save face and use him as the thirteenth forward than buy him out for nothing.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Beerfest*

The two likely candidates from Calgary would be Stajan and Babchuk.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Guys the Flyers would consider buying out:

Pronger: obvious choice if he is indeed finished and there is no separate provision allowing for absolving cap hits for retired players

Bryzgalov: certainly not worth his price right now, but there don't appear to be any better alternatives available

Briere: unlikely as he's still dominant in the playoffs and only has two years remaining after this season, but his regular season play has been declining, we've got Schenn and Couturier ready to fill the center slots behind Giroux, and his cap hit is steep

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
straka91*

ANA-None
BOS-Savard, Thomas, Campbell
BUF-Leino, Mccormick
CAL-Wideman, Stajan
CAR-None
CHI-(Frolik traded)
COL-None
CLB-None
DAL-None
DET-Eaves
EDM-Horcoff
FLA-Parros
MINN-Setoguchi, Mitchell
MTL-GOMEZ, Prust
NASH-Legwand
NJ-None
NYI-DiPietro
NYR-REDDEN, Rupp (Gaborik traded)
OTT-None
PHI- Pronger (Briere traded)
PHX-None
PIT-None (Martin traded)
SJ- Burish
STL-None
TB-Ohlund
TOR-None
VAN-Garrisson, Hansen
WASH-Ovechkin(Stays in Russia)
WINN-None

Last edited by straka91*: 12-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.
straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by noogies87 View Post
ANA-None
BOS-Savard, Thomas, Campbell
BUF-Leino, Mccormick
CAL-Wideman, Stajan
CAR-None
CHI-(Frolik traded)
COL-None
CLB-None
DAL-None
DET-Eaves
EDM-Horcoff
FLA-Parros
MINN-Setoguchi, Mitchell
MTL-GOMEZ, Prust
NASH-Legwand
NJ-None
NYI-DiPietro
NYR-REDDEN, Rupp (Gaborik traded)
OTT-None
PHI- Pronger (Briere traded)
PHX-None
PIT-None (Martin traded)
SJ- Burish
STL-None
TB-Ohlund
TOR-None
VAN-Garrisson, Hansen
WASH-Ovechkin(Stays in Russia)
WINN-None
Lol these are soo terrible it's quite comical. Ovechkin the face of the franchise is going to be bought out because he might stay in Russia? Why buy him out u don't have to pay the guy jack all if that happens and he doesn't count against the cap.

Canucks just signed garrison and Hansen is an elite 3rd liner making 1.3m I think... Yep lets buy him out before Alberts who is paid 200k less to sit in the press box. Only person canucks buy out is Ballard and that's if they can't fit him into the cap for next year

Most of those are terrible suggestions as most of the contracts were just signed or they are injured players who already don't count against the cap or the contract ends at the end of the season. Add in a couple good players for no random reason along with a couple actual candidates for buyouts and that's the list u posted.

This list is worse than the op's

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:21 PM
tmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Boston probably doesn't buyout Savard. He is on LTIR, they can continue to go over the cap by that amount until his contract is up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
they are injured players who already don't count against the cap

Do we know for a fact whether the new CBA is going to have the same LTIR rules as the last one did? It might, but it might not - I wouldn't make any assumptions on either being ironclad fact.

tmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg View Post
Do we know for a fact whether the new CBA is going to have the same LTIR rules as the last one did? It might, but it might not - I wouldn't make any assumptions on either being ironclad fact.
Well there's been no talk about changing it soo it's much safer to assume it will be the same instead of assuming it won't be for this purpose no?

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:51 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Prior to the 2013/2014 season changes a lot of things. I don't see Montreal wasting this opportunity on a contract with 1 year left especially if regular buyouts are still completely acceptable.
The NHL is proposing a $60M cap for 13-14. The NHL is proposing salaries above a soon to be determined threshold to count against the cap if the player is playing in the AHL or Europe. The NHL proposed $105,000 in October. The PA has proposed salaries in excess of $1M counting but only for new contracts. Say the NHL gets their way,how is Montreal fitting Gomez into a $60M cap? They already have $60M committed for 13-14.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Hugo Sham

for Habs Gomez is a YES but he only has two years left - but if cap goes down to 60 mill, he's gone for sure with 7 mill cap hit. Kaberle less likely and Bourque, absolutely not. he's only making 3 mill and has scored 25+ goals a few years - so he'll be given a chance to redeem himself

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Habs will have to buy out Gomez prior to 2013-14... but may just use him for a 2012-13 season, especially if Plekanec is out.

They will still need to move others for 2013-14, probably... hopefully a trade for Kaberle or Bourque could be found. But it will be a fairly saturated market. So who knows. Gotta play them all first and just see who has what value first, basically.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Jax Teller

The Leafs may use Komisarek for the current season, if it happens. However, I don't think he makes it to the 2013/2014 season. I think there is a decent chance, even this year that they sign Ranger and buyout Komisarek. If not Ranger, there will be better use of a 4.5 mil cap-hit in free agency or through trade.

This potential buyout option has Komisarek's name all over it.

Jax Teller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:35 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NHL is proposing a $60M cap for 13-14. The NHL is proposing salaries above a soon to be determined threshold to count against the cap if the player is playing in the AHL or Europe. The NHL proposed $105,000 in October. The PA has proposed salaries in excess of $1M counting but only for new contracts. Say the NHL gets their way,how is Montreal fitting Gomez into a $60M cap? They already have $60M committed for 13-14.
They buy his last year out the regular way? Meaning they pay 4.5 * 2/3 over 2 years (1.5 mil cap hit). That is if that rule is still part of the new CBA. They can use the compliance buyout on some other contract (Bourque, Kaber or some other bad contract obtained through trading) and use the space to reinforce the defense, which is gonna be a must for 2013/2014.

Sounds good or am I delusional?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:46 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Only guy that makes sense to buy out from the Panthers would be Scottie Upshall. He is too injury prone and would only be buying out the last 2 yrs on his deal so it would be doable from a cost perspective. Not sure the Panthers need to though since rookie bonuses will no longer get teams above the cap floor so his contract may be worth keeping to them.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Descendent*

Wish Horcoff was exiled to Siberia.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Except you left out the fact that Streit, Hamonic, and Bailey are due new contracts at the end of the year and Andrew MacDonald is due a big payraise in 2014. Also with the future set in stone for the Isles, I expect them to attract bigger free agents and not settle for the Marty Reasoners and Mark Eatons of the UFA market.

They would be stupid to not get DiPi's contract off the books without it counting towards the cap. What happens where were are gonna' have to pay the talent that we spent so many years developing and waiting for?
You are thinking from a logical standpoint of what is the best for the team from an on ice perspective. I am going by the logical standpoint of a team that's nickeled and dimed it way over the cap minimum for the past 5 years. As I said I can see the Islanders buying out Dipietro at some point, but if they do that money they pay him will help them get over the cap not be a complete write off. All that being said I am guessing they will gamble that Dipietro will retire within 2-3 years

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:23 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Boston probably doesn't buyout Savard. He is on LTIR, they can continue to go over the cap by that amount until his contract is up.

My guess, Tim Thomas bye bye
Why on earth would Boston buy Thomas out? He doesn't have a contract for 13/14

And in the current proposal supposedly the cap is 70.4 million, so Boston is well below that already with a full roster, so they have no need to move him. if they buy him out they have to pay him, if he doesn't show up they don't have to pay him

And if by some chance he decides to show up and play, then they have an extremely valuable asset to trade somewhere

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:54 PM
rypper

vCash: 50
Canucks wouldn't buyout Luongo. He has trade value (which has been debated to death on HF but regardless he'll bring back assests.) Ballard on the other hand would be expendable.

Not because of his lack of skill but the fact that at 60mil cap we can't afford to be paying a 3rd pairing defenseman 4.2 mil. especially with Edler reaching UFA.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote