HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane

Old
12-26-2012, 02:14 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Meh...While I agree with some of the points in the article, it's just opinion. I don't think anything will come of it.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:27 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Agree EKane is top shelf, pushing to make elite soon, so overpayment is in order.

But
"Evander Kane to the Rangers
Kreider, Boyle and McIlrath to Winnipeg"

doesn't work for NY either, because of Kreider's ceiling.

Kreider and Cane are complete packages, and the idea should be not to move coke for pepsi.

Both should and would be an expensive price.
See value of 2c Stepan and 1a/b D Girardi = good + fair value. If you want to flip that, something around Girardi would get a good offensive player at min. and possibly a higher grade sniper. Likewise, Stepan should get a good D.

Rangers add a lesser pick, Jets a higher one.

Someone like St. Croix who is showing good scoring touch is available as a throw in against some other asset
The Rangers are not going to move Stepan in a deal for Kane. Not that he isn't worth it, just that it opens a gaping hole while adding to a strength.

Moving a good promising winger for a currently much better winger while keeping the 2 centers we have now makes a whole hell of alot more sense.

This is not an issue of moving a young asset for an older more proven asset as Evander Kane is actually younger than Kredier.

I would live to work out a deal without including Kreider, but that is an absolute Pipe dream.

The Rangers do not hold a forward that they can afford to move in a deal for Kane other than Kreider.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
The Rangers are not going to move Stepan in a deal for Kane.
We agree Kane not going anywhere. If the balance of the deal is something NY can live with, we SHOULD not hesitate to make Stepan a major piece in such a trade.

Quote:
Not that he isn't worth it, [...]
Again, we agree.

Quote:
[...] just that it opens a gaping hole while adding to a strength.
I acknowledge you are totally correct as to opening the hole.
Where I disagree is whether or not the trade off is worth it.

Stepan has intangibles and experience.
Miller is a better physical specimen, much faster skater, would be better complement in that regard for Kreider/Hagelin/Callahan. I can live with Miller as C on that line, even if he is green.

Quote:
Moving a good promising winger for a currently much better winger while keeping the 2 centers we have now makes a whole hell of a lot more sense.
Respectfully disagree.
Idea is not to do coke for pepsi, but wind up with highest potential of BOTH Kreider and Kane IF we can make a necessary overpayment still being one we can live with.

I proposed something chiefly around Stepan + Girardi
Miller replaces Stepan. (acceptable replacement at F [C])
We have no immediate replacement for Girardi, so we are minus one D, but:
1. EKane is worth it, would allow our Fs to more fully dominate, increase time of possession in offensive end, easier on all our Ds, Gs.
2. We may be able to put together a subsequent deal for somebody like Yandle without depleting D further as Phoenix is strong on D (offer a combo of vets/prospects/picks we can agree on).

Quote:
This is not an issue of moving a young asset for an older more proven asset as Evander Kane is actually younger than Kredier.
Not disputed.
Trying to see IF we can afford to have our cake and eat it too, not do coke for pepsi.

Quote:
I would live to work out a deal without including Kreider, but that is an absolute Pipe dream.
You may be right.
The question is, what is highest enough value we can offer and live with, and is there a deal without Kreider which fits that bill which is too good for them to pass up?

1 Do we agree Stepan + Girardi would be enough? IMO, I think so.
2. Would it be best offer? That I dunno. Too hard to say.

Quote:
The Rangers do not hold a forward that they can afford to move in a deal for Kane other than Kreider.
Disagree. Think theoretically Stepan should be moved and replaced with Miller --- a gamble, I admit, but worth it, especially to land an EKane type.

Stepan is enough there IF the balance of the deal is high enough value. Girardi is All Star calibre D. That's a serious asset to move.

Whether or not that is the package they want, or the best offer they get, that's another story. But my point is, it's serious enough for them to strongly consider and not reject out of hand.

We agree you need at least 1 serious blue chip asset --- Girardi, Kreider, or someone else.

happy holidays to all!

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
LMFAO

People who get offended by a picture like that clearly have no life

LMFAO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
People who get offended by a picture like that clearly have no life
Thanks for the contribution

How about providing what you think the value is? Since it's a value of thread.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
jphizzleruzbizzle*

Paul Stastny for Evander Kane. (I may be willing to add a third)

jphizzleruzbizzle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphizzleruzbizzle View Post
Paul Stastny for Evander Kane. (I may be willing to add a third)
Bad trade for the Jets.

Kane's about 5 yrs younger and the better player at this point. I think he's worth his big contract. I can't say the same for Stastny.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
jphizzleruzbizzle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Bad trade for the Jets.

Kane's about 5 yrs younger and the better player at this point. I think he's worth his big contract. I can't say the same for Stastny.
how about a second?

Old
01-06-2013, 01:48 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
how about a second?
If I'm in the Jets front office, I'm looking for Duchene. Not Stastny + a 2nd.

My developing young stud, for your developing young stud.

If anyone wants to bring up E. Kane's immaturity during this trade discussion, I'm going to point out the step back in development for Duchene, that it can't all be blamed on injuries.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:57 PM
jphizzleruzbizzle*

Quote:
If I'm in the Jets front office, I'm looking for Duchene. Not Stastny + a 2nd.

My developing young stud, for your developing young stud.

If anyone wants to bring up E. Kane's immaturity during this trade discussion, I'm going to point out the step back in development for Duchene, that it can't all be blamed on injuries.
haha i will gladly give duchene. i only picked stastny because he is usually on the trade market. the avs will get a number 1 winger who puts up points and jets get a number one center who has great work ethic and smooth hands
etit: i will blame the fact that e kane is only 21 as the reason for immiturity

Old
01-06-2013, 03:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
haha i will gladly give duchene. i only picked stastny because he is usually on the trade market. the avs will get a number 1 winger who puts up points and jets get a number one center who has great work ethic and smooth hands
etit: i will blame the fact that e kane is only 21 as the reason for immiturity
I'm kind of surprised. I've come across very few Avs fans, who are willing to move Duchene.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:20 PM
jphizzleruzbizzle*

Quote:
I'm kind of surprised. I've come across very few Avs fans, who are willing to move Duchene.
Im not a GM but i think that a high scoring winger could complete what the avs were looking for. Duchene is awesome but i'm confident that ROR will continue to improve and stastny' paycheck doesnt hurt us especially since the salary cap is set to increase.