HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would the Rags want Demetra

Old
06-04-2006, 08:06 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
How many proposals have there been from Queens fans about sending Sean Avery and the rest of their overpriced vets Pavol Demetria and Craig Conroy?Too many

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2006, 11:01 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats
The Rangers have been called the Rags from the early to mid 30's there is no disrespect in it, its not like a car or dish rag, its an abreviation of there name. So when you hear Stan or some of the older guys say Rags there is no disrespect its just what they were called.
I've been following the Rangers since 1959 and I never heard anyone use this term until I started posting on this board.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop
I've been following the Rangers since 1959 and I never heard anyone use this term until I started posting on this board.
I have to agree with OldBlueSeats here, Rags is a very common nickname, used both fondly and in anger--been hearing since the 1960s.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
Rangers should be entitled to call their team anything they want but it doesn't necessarily mean a guest can do the same. You may live in the slums and call it such but I don't think you would appreciate some rich guy from Beverly Hills putting down your neighborhood. I don't think many people would appreciate it.
My lord, that's a little overboard, don't you think? We're talking about a sports team here, in a public forum. And I, at least, do NOT use words in public that I never use in private. I don't think Rags is anywhere near to what you seem to be implying.

Old
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Its a PP Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
My lord, that's a little overboard, don't you think? We're talking about a sports team here, in a public forum. And I, at least, do NOT use words in public that I never use in private. I don't think Rags is anywhere near to what you seem to be implying.
Nicknames won't kill anyone but they're most commonly used to put down a team. An outsider should realize that and respect that. I don't think Islander fans want to hear fishsticks or Philly fans want to hear Floppa from a visitor.

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
Nicknames won't kill anyone but they're most commonly used to put down a team. An outsider should realize that and respect that. I don't think Islander fans want to hear fishsticks or Philly fans want to hear Floppa from a visitor.
Whatever, I think it's waaay overblown.

Old
06-04-2006, 09:22 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky
Just wondering. He is a star player that has played center in St Louis and thrived on it. Thinking he could center Jagr and sign Straka to play LW his natural position. Plus Jagr likes the Czechs.
He is a Slovak. There is absolutely no evidence that Jarg or any other Czech on Ranger roster dislike Slovaks. However such a thing exists in their homeland.

Last edited by 94now: 06-05-2006 at 08:05 AM.
94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 08:55 PM
funky

now that I did not know, but then again I am not from their homeland. Just as well I might as well stop cheering for the Rangers, note I didn't say Rags as I have only been cheering for them since Gretzky was signed. Guess that doesn't qualify me enough to like them. I did not use Rags to disrespect them. I will admit I still like the Kings and I would love to see a King Ranger Stanley Cup Final every year.

I was also not using Pavol as a salary dump, I just figure the Rangers are closer to the cup then the Kings and they might as well try now and I thought Demetra and Jagr on the same line with a checking conscience would be awesome.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 12:32 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Frolov and Gleason to Rangers for Hossa and Montoya??

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 01:24 AM
eco's bones

I think some people blow this Czech and Slovak thing way out of proportion.

And to Orts--the more a team makes trades the better the chances they'll make a bad one or two which can lead to your spending several years correcting your mistake(s). Take a look at Mr. (trade happy) Milbury who has Dipietro instead of Luongo and practically nothing left of what once looked to be a very young and solid defense corps. He does have Yashin.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 07:48 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I think some people blow this Czech and Slovak thing way out of proportion.

And to Orts--the more a team makes trades the better the chances they'll make a bad one or two which can lead to your spending several years correcting your mistake(s). Take a look at Mr. (trade happy) Milbury who has Dipietro instead of Luongo and practically nothing left of what once looked to be a very young and solid defense corps. He does have Yashin.
What proportion?
The second part is

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 08:54 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Frolov and Gleason to Rangers for Hossa and Montoya??
That's not happening. Hossa is NOWHERE near the player Frolov is, despite his sudden drop-off towards the end of the season, and I wouldn't give up Montoya for Gleason. I'd have to be getting a much better return than that.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote