HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDIT: Perry, Gonchar for PIT cup run.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Will Hunting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
That offer for Perry is incredibly insulting, 3rd liner, b/c level prospect and picks for a guy who recently won an MVP and is in his prime.

Perry isn't going anywhere anyways.

Ducks don't need wing prospects, Anaheim has about 3 atleast as good as Bennett, they're all probably better
You clearly donīt know who Beau Bennett is. B/C level prospect? Ughhhh, thatīs insulting... I think heīs the most valuable prospect for Pensī organization right now, or at least is very close to that. He has a great skill, made a great jump to prohockey this year in AHL and is immediately playing excellent hockey there, even when heīs all alone there in offense on a bad offensive team. If you want better prospect instead of Bennett, you can choose what you want from Despres/Morrow/Pouliot/Harrington/Maatta/Dumoulin, PIT would be probably more happy with it...

On the other hand, I understand that itīs hard to talk about trading Perry, but that situation can become interesting.

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:46 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Again, it'd be nice, but it's a luxury. Our PP has run fine with the current configuration holding the line.

Sullivan was great for the PP, but he wasn't a quarterback. He was a RH shot working the left half boards, and Gonchar can't do that.
He was more than that. He wasn't a shot threat. But he was a guy who could consistently maneuver at the blue line keeping plays alive.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:47 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Cool. I wouldn't want Shero to trade the better California winger anyway so we will gladly keep him.
Etem's a year younger and has more goals

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:48 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
You clearly donīt know who Beau Bennett is. B/C level prospect? Ughhhh, thatīs insulting... I think heīs the most valuable prospect for Pensī organization, or at least is very close to that. He has a great skill, made a great jump to prohockey this year in AHL and is immediately playing excellent hockey there, even when heīs all alone there in offense on a bad team. If you want better prospect instead of Bennett, you can choose what you want from Despres/Morrow/Pouliot/Harrington/Maatta/Dumoulin, PIT would be probably more happy with it...

On the other hand, I understand that itīs hard to talk about trading Perry, but that situation can become interesting.
Corey Perry has won an MVP in this league, has won a gold medal and a stanley cup. sorry i'm not trading him for Beau Bennett and Tyler Kennedy, it's pretty ridiculous

Old
12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
He was more than that. He wasn't a shot threat. But he was a guy who could consistently maneuver at the blue line keeping plays alive.
That's great, but again, not something we need. We are scoring very well without a Gonchar-type presence on the blueline - much better than the last year we had Gonchar, in fact.

It's not an aspect of the game we're struggling at. We're struggling at keeping pucks out of the net, and Gonchar struggles with that too. I don't see how trading one of our few reliable defensemen for another offensive option is in our best interest.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

Quote:
Corey Perry has won an MVP in this league, has won a gold medal and a stanley cup. sorry i'm not trading him for Beau Bennett and Tyler Kennedy, it's pretty ridiculous
If Perry were intent on leaving and the Ducks were out of the playoff picture, what sort of return would you consider appropriate?

Old
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
JackFr

Quote:
If I proposed this at the beginning of last season I would understand. However, the premise of this thread being that the Ducks know they're going to lose Perry, they should get good value for him instead of losing him for nothing like New jersey did with Parise.

As much as you may not love it, that trade is fair value for a high-quality rental.

Also, if you think Kennedy's a 3rd liner on your team you're crazy.

JackFr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Caniac125330

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFr View Post
Disagreed, I think Kennedy is really underrated. If you use his scoring rate from last year he's gotten 45 points for the past two years, not playing with Malkin or Crosby. On last year's Ducks that makes him the 4th highest scoring player on the roster (3rd if we take out Perry). And on Anaheim he would be able to play his natural position, centre.

Removing Christensen and Dupuis from the Hossa trade, we get:

Armstrong = Kennedy + 2nd
Bennett = Esposito
1st = 1st
Kennedy may not have been playing with Crosby or Malkin. But he was with Jordan Staal, yes? How would he do without him? (assuming Getzlaf leaves Anaheim).

Caniac125330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

Quote:
If I proposed this at the beginning of the season I would understand. However, the premise of this thread being that the Ducks know they're going to lose Perry, they should get good value for him instead of losing him for nothing like New jersey did with Parise.

As much as you may not love it, that trade is fair value for a high-quality rental.

Also, if you think Kennedy's a 3rd liner on your team you're crazy.
Kennedy shouldn't be more than a 3rd liner on any team that wants to win.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
The age difference isn't big enough to make a case here. They have the same amount of development and Bennett's has been cut short due to freak injuries. The fact that he's leading a terrible WBS squad while Etem has less than 10 points should tell you that your evaluation of Bennett as a B/C prospect is not accurate. Both teams are awful this year and yet Bennett has found a way to shine.

Norfolk 27 GP 73 GF 80 GA

WBS 29 GP 76 GF 80 GA

I'm not one to stat watch and I'm not sure if Etem is getting PP time--and if he isn't that should be concerning since their lineup isn't anything special, and that's his trade, scoring goals.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:57 PM
JackFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac125330 View Post
Kennedy may not have been playing with Crosby or Malkin. But he was with Jordan Staal, yes? How would he do without him? (assuming Getzlaf leaves Anaheim).
If Getzlaf also leaves Anaheim, better they have Kennedy than Cogliano on the first line

Old
12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac125330 View Post
Kennedy's production isn't contingent on any center. He puck hounds, he skates in, he shoots, and he scores .5 PPG. For better or worse.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
And not even half as many ponts.

And less assists than Jeff Zatkoff.

Bennett is in the top 10 in rookie scoring, Etem is 60th.

I don't put much stock into stats, but why would you go that route when it's so easy to pick apart?

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:04 PM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

And he's not a year younger, it's like 6 months.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
If Getzlaf also leaves Anaheim, better they have Kennedy than Cogliano on the first line
Neither of them would be on our first line.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:14 PM
JackFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Neither of them would be on our first line.
Say in this offseason you lose Perry and Getzlaf for nothing and Selanne and Koivu retire. What does your lineup look like?

Old
12-28-2012, 06:20 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Cool. I wouldn't want Shero to trade the better California winger anyway so we will gladly keep him.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:33 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
If Perry were intent on leaving and the Ducks were out of the playoff picture, what sort of return would you consider appropriate?
Anaheim has lots of players like Kennedy, and forward prospects like Bennett, also Perry has never made any indication he would leave

I'm not sure what appropriate return is, Perry has simply never been available and he is not a player that's replaceable for this team

Old
12-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Say in this offseason you lose Perry and Getzlaf for nothing and Selanne and Koivu retire. What does your lineup look like?
Youth movement plus a handful of free agents. Ryan holds down the first line with Holland and Palmieri.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:37 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Say Crosby gets another concussion and Malkin defects to Russia, what would your lineup be?

Old
12-28-2012, 06:44 PM
JackFr

Quote:
Say Crosby gets another concussion and Malkin defects to Russia, what would your lineup be?
Right, that's comparable to two UFAs leaving for more money and two ancient players retiring.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:45 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Anaheim's situation is more likely. You can't say for certain that both Getz and Perry are coming back and it's likely that Selanne and Koivu will retire. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:50 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Right, that's comparable to two UFAs leaving for more money and two ancient players retiring.
Crosby getting another concussion is just as likely as Getzlaf and Perry both leaving

Old
12-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Yeah....That's a pretty bad analogy.

Ask every fan in NJ, who gave every reason that Parise wasn't leaving their team from "He's the Captain" to "Lou won't let him walk" to "His fiancee loves her teaching job in Jersey" if they think Perry leaving is more than "realistic".

I hated to see Jordan Staal get traded, but I'm sure glad that our GM saw the writing on the wall and at least got some return instead of blind faith leading to losing him for nothing.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Crosby getting another concussion is just as likely as Getzlaf and Perry both leaving
Crosby getting a concussion is just as likely as Getz and Perry getting one.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote