HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Slovakia

Old
12-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer100 View Post
The best team was when you guys had Janus in net who was just stellar and Panik and Tatar at forward and beat the United States for the bronze medal. Ill never forget that game, Tatar and Panik made Mccollum the us goalie look silly in net.
I assume you are talking about 2009? Slovakia beat the US in the first round and lost to Russia in the Bronze medal game. Slovakia's (not counting Czechoslovak medals) only medal, a bronze, came in 1999.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:58 AM
hans26

Great performance by Romančík in exhibition game against Piešťany yesterday. Slovakia with many chances to score, but they lost 3:1. Krištof with goal, Bíreš and Reway with assist.

hans26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Kamzik

Hmmm.

WJCU20 Exhibition - Slovakia 4 Czech Republic 1.

First Period
SVK Dano (Matis, Uhrik)

Second Period
No Scoring

Third Period
SVK Bagin (Korim, Dano)
CZE Hrbas (Doudera, Frk)
SVK Bagin (Uhrik, Mraz)
SVK Mraz (Fujerik)

Slovak Roster:
SR: A. Nagy - Nechala, Čerešňák, Korím, Rusina, Búri, Bagin, Bezuška, Bajaník - M. Daňo, T. Mikúš, R. Mráz - Reway, Fujerík, Krištof - Uhrík, Kolena, B. Mráz - Laper, B. Rapáč, Matis - D. Hudec, A. Bíreš.

Slovak Coach Ernest Bokros: In the first ten minutes, the Czechs were more active and the better team. After our goal, the boy's self-confidence began to rise and they were the better team. Our well organized play worked well for us, and the boys did exactly what we asked of them. In terms of positives, I would say that after our goal we were able to impose our game on to the Czechs. In terms of negatives I would say the 6 penalties and one powerplay goal against. I think this result will be a psychological lift for our players. The boys realized that it made sense to practice what we did. After our return to Slovakia we will talk to the players and the final roster for the World Juniors will be posted Thursday afternoon.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:25 PM
nabby12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans26 View Post
Great performance by Romančík in exhibition game against Piešťany yesterday. Slovakia with many chances to score, but they lost 3:1. Krištof with goal, Bíreš and Reway with assist.
Romancik is the real deal I keep telling people!

nabby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Hmmm.

WJCU20 Exhibition - Slovakia 4 Czech Republic 1.

First Period
SVK Dano (Matis, Uhrik)

Second Period
No Scoring

Third Period
SVK Bagin (Korim, Dano)
CZE Hrbas (Doudera, Frk)
SVK Bagin (Uhrik, Mraz)
SVK Mraz (Fujerik)

Slovak Roster:
SR: A. Nagy - Nechala, Čerešňák, Korím, Rusina, Búri, Bagin, Bezuška, Bajaník - M. Daňo, T. Mikúš, R. Mráz - Reway, Fujerík, Krištof - Uhrík, Kolena, B. Mráz - Laper, B. Rapáč, Matis - D. Hudec, A. Bíreš.

Slovak Coach Ernest Bokros: In the first ten minutes, the Czechs were more active and the better team. After our goal, the boy's self-confidence began to rise and they were the better team. Our well organized play worked well for us, and the boys did exactly what we asked of them. In terms of positives, I would say that after our goal we were able to impose our game on to the Czechs. In terms of negatives I would say the 6 penalties and one powerplay goal against. I think this result will be a psychological lift for our players. The boys realized that it made sense to practice what we did. After our return to Slovakia we will talk to the players and the final roster for the World Juniors will be posted Thursday afternoon.
Hertl, Jaškin and Musil supposedly didn't play for Czechs, but still it's a big surprise for me . I hope they can show this well organized team performance at the WJC .

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 05:54 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Slovaks are my number two team, hopefully they can carry the momentum into the tournament (except the Canada game ) and even if all the Czechs didn't play they still had Machovsky, Faska, and Frk didn't they?

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Slovaks are my number two team, hopefully they can carry the momentum into the tournament (except the Canada game ) and even if all the Czechs didn't play they still had Machovsky, Faska, and Frk didn't they?
Faksa, Frk yes, Bartosak was starting goalie.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:48 AM
DrPabloRamirez

Slovakia final roster:

G:
Adam Nagy (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Patrik Romančík (1994) (HK Orange 20/HK 36 Skalica, SVK)
Richard Sabol (1994) (Green Bay Gamblers, USHL)

D:
Emil Bagin (HK Orange 20/Dukla Trenčín, SVK)
David Bajaník (Patriot Budapešť, MHL)
Richard Búri (1994) (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Peter Čerešňák (Peterbourgh Petes, OHL)
Karol Korím (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Patrik Luža (1994) (HK Orange 20/HC Slovan Bratislava, SVK/KHL)
Tomáš Nechala (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Tomáš Rusina (1994) (HK Orange 20, SVK)

F:
Andrej Bíreš (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Marko Daňo (1994) (HC Slovan Bratislava, KHL)
Dominik Fujerík (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Denis Hudec (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Milan Kolena (1994) (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Matúš Matis (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Tomáš Mikúš (HK 36 Skalica/HC Slovan Bratislava, KHL)
Bruno Mráz (HK Orange 20, SVK)
Richard Mráz (Ottawa 67 ’s/HK Orange 20, OHL/SVK)
Branislav Rapáč (HK Poprad/HK Orange 20, , SVK)
Martin Reway (1995) (Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL)
Michal Uhrík (HK Orange 20, SVK)

Probably 1st line:
R.Mraz (Reway) - Mikus - Dano
Nechala - Ceresnak

Czech republic - Slovakia video you can find here - http://www.slovakprospects.com/msj20...porazilo-cesko

Last edited by DrPabloRamirez: 12-21-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: link to Fujerik stats added
DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:39 PM
bigbadbruins7

didnt get to see that game today. watched the replay of the Anthony Camara hit multiple time. I thought it was fine and a clean hit. What the Slovakian player did (turning up the corner with his head down) is the #1 rule of hockey not to do. Mikus, the guy who was hit by Lipon, said both hits were very dirty and do not belong in the WJC. was wondering what the Slovakian fans thought of Camara's hit.

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:39 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
didnt get to see that game today. watched the replay of the Anthony Camara hit multiple time. I thought it was fine and a clean hit. What the Slovakian player did (turning up the corner with his head down) is the #1 rule of hockey not to do. Mikus, the guy who was hit by Lipon, said both hits were very dirty and do not belong in the WJC. was wondering what the Slovakian fans thought of Camara's hit.
Not a Slovak fan, but I'll give my 2 cents.

The first hit by Lipon on Mikus was a late, dirty headshot that has no place in hockey. The second hit by Camara was a perfectly clean hit. The Slovak player put himself in that position and got injured because of it. The hit wasn't late or targeting the head and he didn't leave his feet. Maybe he could have been assessed a roughing or charging minor because the other player was injured, but 5 and a game is ridiculous and a reactionary call.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
When I was watching the game I thaught it was not a faul. Then after the match I looked at the clip on youtube couple of times and I think it is definitely not a clean hit. Try to look at it frame by frame if you have to. I can clearly see there is a contact to the head when Camara makes the approach. As some people already explained on the other thread, Luza could not have had anticipated what Camara was about to do. In the beginning of this situation the puck goes along the boards, Luza is there ahead of it, looks around, at that point Camara is going from behind to the boards and Luza probably does not even see him, Luza then focuses on the puck, Camara makes a turn towards Luza and at the moment Luza gets the puck under control, he looks up and gets hit with Camara's shoulder.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote