Ballpark Effect

Old
12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post

I supposed, although I found out about all the possible jet stream effects from 2 Yankee fans I went to school with.
There is no evidence whatsoever based on homerun data that any such effect exists.

Its been floating around so long now that even Yankees fans think it's real, but I don't where it came from.

Yes Yankee Stadium has a short porch and there are occasional lucky homers. But I just don't see where the right field seats are sucking in balls like a vacuum. Never bought into it.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:37 PM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
Ive been to numerous games in different stadiums on both the east and west coast, and I dont think the ball carries as much out west.

BlameUtley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:14 PM
AdmiralsFan24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Ive been to numerous games in different stadiums on both the east and west coast, and I dont think the ball carries as much out west.
Because of cooler air and usually right at sea level. It very rarely gets hot and humid on the west coast, it does pretty much all summer in the east. That helps a ball travel further.

If I was a right handed hitter I would love to play in Houston. You have that 315 foot wall and only 362 to left center. Yeah the wall is high but you can still get some cheap doubles and the way the wall juts out really fast it's sometimes hard to judge so you could even get a triple or two on that alone. Even right field isn't that bad, 326 down the line and 373 to the gap. The only thing that makes people think of Minute Maid as a pitchers park is center which you have to absolutely crush to get it out of there.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Vamos Rafa

How much did Citi Field improve for the hitters last season with the new dimensions?

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:38 PM
JaymzB

Anyone know the ranking of old Olympic Stadium (okay, it's weird calling it that). I always thought it was much more of a pitcher's park, and a tough place for HR's.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote