HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDIT: Perry, Gonchar for PIT cup run.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter16 View Post
The Penguins most likely aren't getting Perry anyways but its nice to dream . The Pens are really high on Bennent..... he is WBS leading scorer 21 points in 25 games
Bennett. Not being a dick, just saying.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter16 View Post
The Penguins most likely aren't getting Perry anyways but its nice to dream . The Pens are really high on Bennent..... he is WBS leading scorer 21 points in 25 games
Just to be clear, I'm not saying that Bennett isn't someone to be excited about.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Sutter16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Bennett. Not being a dick, just saying.
my bad

Sutter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:46 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Link to an article from a credible source that says Perry is leaving this coming summer. I know what you are doing because as a leafs fan I am hoping Getlzaf does the same but you and I both know there is nothing out there that states or gives any indication that Getzlaf or Perry will bolt.
He was simply giving his opinion/feeling on the matter, what he thinks Perry will do. He didn't say that Perry bolting was a given fact.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:48 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFr View Post
You think Niskanen is a downgrade over a 39-year old Gonchar?

The incentive is that Gonchar is old, declining, and eats up 5.5 million in cap space. Niskanen is young, getting better every year, and is a great deal at 2.3 million.

You and I both know that the Senators' best years are ahead of them. They will not be a contender this year, so a player like Niskanen is an upgrade over Gonchar.
Awesome! And then we can sign Mike Commodore to a 5.5 million dollar contract to get us above the cap floor! The best way to develop a team of young players is to win. Gonchar has been invaluable to the development of Karlsson and Cowen, and I think he could be ****ing great for Wiercioch as well. That, plus a possible top 30 finish in Dman points (whereas noone else besides Karlsson will be top 180), means we're not trading him unless we get to the deadline and are out of the playoffs. At that point I'd deal him for a 2nd, maybe a little more depending on his year, or else just let him play out his contract.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Dangles78

Geez people, my post about Bennett being the better California winger was meant to be snarky and portrayed as "delusional". I was replying to the guy that referred to Bennett as a C prospect. Maybe I should have included the sarcasm smiley--even though I do prefer Bennett's playing style and overall game more than Etem's.

The point remains, when people compare the two (which they do), they only stat watch and see Bennett's career at DU vs Etem's at Medicine Hat to come to the conclusion that Etem is the better prospect, but ignore their rookie seasons in the pros.

I'm fine with Bennett being an underrated prospect due to his development path/injury years at DU. People need to take into consideration that Bennett is pretty much the only potential top-6 winger prospect we have unless one of the collegiate prospects come through so yes we place a lot of value to him.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:09 AM
MAK19

Sens don't want Penguin trash like Kennedy and Niskanen

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Get a clue. Niskanen's not a star, but he was arguably the Pens' 2nd best defenseman last year.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:15 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Great, and the Pens don't want overpaid, one-dimensional players like Gonch. Kennedy and Niskanen aren't much to **** your pants about but Gonch isn't the bee's knees either.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:16 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Get a clue. Niskanen's not a star, but he was arguably the Pens' 2nd best defenseman last year.
And I don't want him anywhere near the Sens' top 4 thank you very much.

He had very sheltered minutes and happened to play OK.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:18 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Great, and the Pens don't want overpaid, one-dimensional players like Gonch. Kennedy and Niskanen aren't much to **** your pants about but Gonch isn't the bee's knees either.
Gonch is much better than Niskanen. The Sens have no room for more bottom 6 forwards and 3rd pair d-men sorry

Old
12-29-2012, 12:19 AM
JackFr

Quote:

Yeah that's a totally reasonable and unbiased statement.

Niskanen's developed into a solid defenceman, and based on this thread Tyler Kennedy is one of the most underrated guys in the league - seriously, we know the guy's ugly but that doesn't change what he brings to the table.

JackFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:

That's fine. But saying he's garbage is an idiotic statement.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:22 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFr View Post
Yeah that's a totally reasonable and unbiased statement.

Niskanen's developed into a solid defenceman, and based on this thread Tyler Kennedy is one of the most underrated guys in the league - seriously, we know the guy's ugly but that doesn't change what he brings to the table.
huh?

Martin, Michalek, Orpik, Letang... familiar with them? They all had more responsibility than Niskanen. Niskanen played against 3rd/4th lines all the time, started most his shifts in the offensive zone...

Like I said, he played OK, but he was sheltered. Good 3rd pair guy based off his one good season ever.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:26 AM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
huh?

Martin, Michalek, Orpik, Letang... familiar with them? They all had more responsibility than Niskanen. Niskanen played against 3rd/4th lines all the time, started most his shifts in the offensive zone...

Like I said, he played OK, but he was sheltered. Good 3rd pair guy based off his one good season ever.
With all the injuries that the Penguins had on their D last season, Niskanen's performance proved that he was much more than just a 3rd pairing defenseman.

spiny norman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:34 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
With all the injuries that the Penguins had on their D last season, Niskanen's performance proved that he was much more than just a 3rd pairing defenseman.
he's not very good on the PP. He's horrible on the PK. He's OK 5-on-5 with sheltered minutes. Sorry I fail to see how he's ''much more'' than a 3rd pair d-man. There's no way. I'll give you that he's good enough to occasionally fill in the top 4. Occasionally.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

MandyAlwaysKnows always knows.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:45 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
MandyAlwaysKnows always knows.
i try

Old
12-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

So a solid 3rd liner and a defenseman who can fill in as a top 4 guy in a pinch are trash? Whether you want them or not, ease up on the hyperbole, jeez.

Last edited by Zen Arcade: 12-29-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
he's not very good on the PP. He's horrible on the PK. He's OK 5-on-5 with sheltered minutes. Sorry I fail to see how he's ''much more'' than a 3rd pair d-man. There's no way. I'll give you that he's good enough to occasionally fill in the top 4. Occasionally.
I'd take Niskanen over Gonchar at ES and on the PK every day of the week. He doesn't stand for Moen-esque fly-bys.

Given that those are the aspects of the game we need to tighten up, and Niskanen is both much younger and much cheaper, there's little incentive from the Pens end to make that deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
So a solid 3rd liner and defenseman who can fill in as a top 4 guy in a pinch are trash? Whether you want them or not, ease up on the hyperbole, jeez.
Bingo.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:13 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
So a solid 3rd liner and a defenseman who can fill in as a top 4 guy in a pinch are trash? Whether you want them or not, ease up on the hyperbole, jeez.
Ok, but the Sens don't really need them at this point. There's enough similar bodies around.

Quote:
I'd take Niskanen over Gonchar at ES and on the PK every day of the week. He doesn't stand for Moen-esque fly-bys.
Gonchar is much better on the PK. Much better.

Gonchar >= Niskanen 5-on-5.

Moen was one bad play.

Quote:
Given that those are the aspects of the game we need to tighten up, and Niskanen is both much younger and much cheaper, there's little incentive from the Pens end to make that deal.
sure

Old
12-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

I'd rather have Gonchar. Just my opinion.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Kershaw

I can't believe Gonchar is getting chastised for a play in the playoffs two years ago. I blame Fleury more for playing like a sieve in that game.

Anyways, Gonchar is a solid top 4 d-man despite his age on any team in the league IMO. Very solid on the PP still and was a force in the playoffs last year.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Id rather keep Gonchar until the trade deadline. If the Sens are out of the playoffs I would do either a 1st or 2nd, depending on demand; or Niskanen. Would not do Gonchar for Kennedy straight up.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Niskanen: Fairly young, some upside, reasonable contract controlled through 2014.

If the Pens eventually put him out there as trade bait, which there is a good chance they might eventually do given how much back end talent that they have in the system, he could garner a lot of interest and a reasonable return. Not a ridiculous return, but a middling first rounder is almost a given as a starting point.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote