HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buyouts per team

Old
12-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Lanny Mcdonald

vCash: 500
Stajan for Calgary. not hating just sayin.

Lanny Mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Paul Holmgren is making a mad dash for a Flyers hat that he can throw names into.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:12 AM
chasespace

Tampa wouldn't buy out Lecavalier, they would most likely face severe backlash from the fanbase. Ohlund, most likely.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Tampa wouldn't buy out Lecavalier, they would most likely face severe backlash from the fanbase. Ohlund, most likely.
Anybody who's going to leave will already be leaving due to the lockout.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:31 AM
jayball75

Who's the better option to buy out in mtl Gomez or kaberle. Man I can't believe they traded for him. Thanks goat you peckerhead.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
Who's the better option to buy out in mtl Gomez or kaberle. Man I can't believe they traded for him. Thanks goat you peckerhead.
Gomez... By far actually.

They need to cut the biggest cap hit simply because they're set to be over a $60M cap next year with only 16 players signed.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:47 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Go find me another 40pt dman and tell me his price.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:48 AM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Gomez... By far actually.

They need to cut the biggest cap hit simply because they're set to be over a $60M cap next year with only 16 players signed.
Agreed. Don't like either player but Gomez is useless on top of it all. At least kaberle can play the PP and get points.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Teekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by noogies87 View Post
ANA-None
BOS-Savard, Thomas, Campbell
BUF-Leino, Mccormick
CAL-Wideman, Stajan
CAR-None
CHI-(Frolik traded)
COL-None
CLB-None
DAL-None
DET-Eaves
EDM-Horcoff
FLA-Parros
MINN-Setoguchi, Mitchell
MTL-GOMEZ, Prust
NASH-Legwand
NJ-None
NYI-DiPietro
NYR-REDDEN, Rupp (Gaborik traded)
OTT-None
PHI- Pronger (Briere traded)
PHX-None
PIT-None (Martin traded)
SJ- Burish
STL-None
TB-Ohlund
TOR-None
VAN-Garrisson, Hansen
WASH-Ovechkin(Stays in Russia)
WINN-None
There is no way we buyout Legwand

Teekko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
They need to get a replacement first. They can't put Leighton out there.
Vancouver has two options, and we like their prospects.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Both are abysmal but Kaberle can at least float points, while Gomez cannot even do that anymore. I do not see the Habs buy either out unless the cap drops significantly. They're not competing yet and Gomez is only two years away.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Unagi

Anaheim should buy out Allen or Souray. Not sure which contract is worse. They essentially signed those 2 for the first year, not what they can offer 2 years from now.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Anaheim should buy out Allen or Souray. Not sure which contract is worse. They essentially signed those 2 for the first year, not what they can offer 2 years from now.
Allen's contract isn't bad, or at least wasn't with the old CBA. He's also 'only' 32 year old, so chances are quite good that he'll still be about as good as he is now two years from now. Souray on the other hand is another story, 36 years old, injury prone and in decline.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:13 AM
MrVisser

You should take out Komisarek. He *was* a bad contract and it's coming up soon, no use buying him out for 1 more season, IMO we'd rather have the toughness in the back end.

I'd say the closest to a buyout would be Liles, but that would only be if TOR was extremely confident about Reilly's NHL readiness.

MrVisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
[QUOTE=Elvstrand;56890325]Allen's contract isn't bad, or at least wasn't with the old CBA. He's also 'only' 32 year old, so chances are quite good that he'll still be about as good as he is now two years from now.[quote]
I'm with Elvstrand. Allen's contract isn't bad. It was decent market value, and I'm not overly worried about it becoming terribly ugly during the term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Souray on the other hand is another story, 36 years old, injury prone and in decline.
While I'm not a fan of the deal we gave him (and was quite shocked about it, as well), I'm not sure how comfortable I feel saying he's in decline. The age would obviously suggest that, and the injuries mentioned play a role in effectiveness. But I'm just not sure his play over the last few years actually did decline. Not saying that makes the deal good, as the other worries are still too considerable and it still diverging from what I consider market price for him, but it's not a tag I'd feel confident putting on him just yet (along with those others)...

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
There is no one the Blues would buy out. Only long contracts are Backes, Oshie, and soon to be Pietrangelo and possibly Shattenkirk.

Not buying anyone if those out.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Fourier

I think people are missing the point on this. It is a compliance buyout. The NHL proposal would set next year's cap at $60M with no reduction is individual contracts. That means that you have the following teams that may need to do something:

Boston: $53.3M committed on 15 contracts with Savard on LTIR: Rask to resign
San Jose: $54.3M committed on 14 contracts
Vancouver: $55.4M committed on 13 contracts with Edler up.
Philadelphia: $52.5M committed on 15 contracts with Timonen and Pronger to replace
San Jose: $54.3M committed on 14 contracts with Clowe up.
Chicago: $57.2M committed on 17 contracts
Buffalo: $49.6M committed on 14 contracts
NYR: $51.8M committed on 16 contracts with McDonagh, Stepan and Del Zotto to resign
Pittsburgh: $52.5M on 15 contracts
Tampa Bay: $57.5M on 15 contracts
Montreal: $60.1M on 16 contracts---This pretty much assures that Gomez gets bough out.

Last edited by Fourier: 12-29-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:24 AM
rypper

That puts a lot of teams, a lot of powerhouse teams in hot water. They'd have to make tough decisions or call up rookies well before they are really ready to squeeze under the cap.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Allen wasn't signed just for the first year. We weren't the only team seeking his services, as he was one of the top shot blockers in the NHL.

Souray I'm reserving judgment on.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:05 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Only guy that makes sense to buy out from the Panthers would be Scottie Upshall. He is too injury prone and would only be buying out the last 2 yrs on his deal so it would be doable from a cost perspective. Not sure the Panthers need to though since rookie bonuses will no longer get teams above the cap floor so his contract may be worth keeping to them.

In the absense of rookie bonuses, I wonder whether a low spending team like the Panthers would be able to trade, by way of example, for Scott Gomez plus picks/players and then cut him under the new CBA?

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:13 AM
seanlinden

For the Leafs, I would hope that an abbreviated season is Komisarek's audition to not get bought out. He should finally get his chance to play a role he can succeed at (in the top 4, for a coach not named Ron Wilson), and if he's able to regain the ability to succeed as a top 4 shutdown guy, he will be quite valuable to the Leafs, even at $4.5m.

That being said, if he fails again, I would sincerely hope Burke's loyalty doesn't blind him in this case. $4.5m is simply too much to pay for a bottom pairing defenceman. They'd be best served buying him out, and then signing a defenceman of his calibre or better at fair market value.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:26 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Boston probably doesn't buyout Savard. He is on LTIR, they can continue to go over the cap by that amount until his contract is up.

My guess, Tim Thomas bye bye
Not sure Thomas gets it unless he reports to camp. If he "sits out" like he said, they will suspend him. Since he has an over 35 contract I'm not sure how that works Cap wise. If his 5 mil still counts, yea, he's gone.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVisser View Post
You should take out Komisarek. He *was* a bad contract and it's coming up soon, no use buying him out for 1 more season, IMO we'd rather have the toughness in the back end.

I'd say the closest to a buyout would be Liles, but that would only be if TOR was extremely confident about Reilly's NHL readiness.
If the Leafs want to go after either Perry or Getzlaf, they would pretty much have to buy out Komisarek to have the cap space to do it.

Liles just re-signed and has trade value so I can't see any chance of him being bought out.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Somebody said Detroit would buy out Eaves. I see where you're going with it but don't count on it. He gets paid either way and Detroit can just LTIR him for the year that will be left on his contract.

It looks much better to outsiders if Detroit just leaves Eaves (heh) rather than buyout a guy whose career is likely over.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:20 AM
MrVisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
If the Leafs want to go after either Perry or Getzlaf, they would pretty much have to buy out Komisarek to have the cap space to do it.

Liles just re-signed and has trade value so I can't see any chance of him being bought out.
Right, I forgot we just signed Liles, unlikely he'd be bought out so soon but I thought of it as a bit of a long shot any way.

If the cap drops to $60m as I've heard reported in the CBA talks, that should leave Leafs with ~$18m in 2013-2014 season so far. IIUC, the AHL salaries would also cut into the NHL cap as well with the new offer.. a quick glance at capgeek (hard to calculate easily from there) suggests maybe $6m in salaries there? I'm assuming it's not the NHL-level salary but the AHL-level salary coming off the books.

In which case we would have about $12m cap to resign some of our current guys, plus one of Getzlaf or Perry. Very rough estimate there, but could be do-able without buying out Komi and pissing away $2.6m.

BTW, just used dollar figures from capgeek, I might have misinterpreted some numbers though: http://capgeek.com/mapleleafs/

EDIT: Just found that the figure I was looking at to determine AHL salaries were actually the bonuses. That $6m is probably much lower than I thought (e.g., Rielly gets $70k in the AHL, not $850k)

Last edited by MrVisser: 12-29-2012 at 10:32 AM.
MrVisser is offline   Reply With Quote