HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Who are your top 15 prospects?

Old
12-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
1. Justin Schultz
2. Alex Galchenyuk
3. Morgan Rielly
4. Nail Yakupov
5. Evgeni Kuznetsov
6. Mikael Granlund
7. Jonathan Huberdeau
8. Sven Baertschi
9. Brock Nelson
10. Ryan Murray
11. Mikhail Grigorenko
12. Jakob Silfverberg
13. Andrei Vasilevski
14. Jonas Brodin
15. Tim Erixon

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Smallz

If Boone Jenner is a top 15 prospect then that must mean that Nazem Kadri is the best prospect in the entire NHL

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:06 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Erik Karlsson is good. Not going to argue that.

Was referring to Stone, Silvferbeg, Daigle, Noesen, Lehner, Lee, Regin, Greening, Butler, Smith etc

Not saying there bad prospects, but we don't need them shoved down our throats every 15 minutes.
Yes don't worry we all don't go by that logic. Rielly has been amazing so far and I hate the Leafs with passion. Wikstrand has been good but no way does he warrant himself such high praise yet. He has had a phenomenal season but if he continues it throughout the completion of the year and this tournament his stock will rise but for now he's even hard to project in the top 50-75.

Also, please do not mention any other overhyped prospects by Sens fans there have only really been 2. Karlsson and Rundblad, both warranted those hypes, especially since one is a Norris winner. Lately there's a buzz around Silfverberg but why shouldn't there be.

You're telling me hfboards was around in 93 when we were shoving Daigle down your throat? Lol.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Komarov77

1. Kuznetsov
2. Yakupov
3. Tarasenko
4. Hamilton
5. Granlund
6. Huberdeau
7. Galchenyuk
8. Murray
9. Rielly
10. Scheifele

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I'm not sold on Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Granlund or Zibanejad yet.

I want to see how they adapt to North American hockey first.

Right now I consider guys like Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk and Baertschi as better prospects, simply because they've already shown they can play in the CHL.
Your about to tell me Sven Baertschi is a better prospect than Mikael Granlund because he played in the CHL??

Granlund would have had RNH numbers had he played in the OHL, WHL or QMJHL. Instead he was busy playing in a starring role in a MANS league. The European league most like North American hockey in the SM Liga...

Instead of toiling around in major juniors scoring probably 2 PPG Granlund put up PPG numbers in a mans league the SM Liga at 17 and 18 years old. 17years:40 18 years 36 and 19 years 51. And now has as many points as Baertschi in the AHL with something like 10 less games played??

Also Granlund is already a key contributor on the Finland World Championship team..remember the one that won gold? Yeah he was the 2nd leading scorer.

Also did I mention the Wild have already said he has been given a top 6 spot on the team whenever this lockout ends?? Bumping established players like Pierre Marc Bouchard and Matt Cullen down the depth chart..

I won't even begin to comment on Tarasenko who is a top 6 shoe in on St Lious when the lockout ends..but hey he hasn't played in the CHL so we will ignore his stellar WJC and KHL numbers and all around impressive game that makes him a top 3 prospect in all of hockey because he never played in the CHL.

You canadians need to realize the CHL isn't the only place to develop prospects. Why do you think Canada can't win a gold medal at the WJC anymore..exactly.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Beegoalie

1.Tarasenko
2.Yakupov
3.Granlund
4.Kuznetsov
5.Galchenyuk
6.Hamilton
7.Murray
8.Huberdeau
9.Strome
10.Rielly
11.Schultz
12.Schiefle
13.Baertschi
14.Bjugstad
15.Brodin

HM: Zibenjad, Schwartz, Kreider, Grigorenko..

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:26 PM
rockinghockey

The funny thing about this list is 60% of them or so wont be as good as the fans think they will. There will be a lot of bust on that list.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
The funny thing about this list is 60% of them or so wont be as good as the fans think they will. There will be a lot of bust on that list.
That's what I said too, it's even funnier when people rip on others lists like there is only 1 possible list. Chances are most of these guys will be average players

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Haatley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Your about to tell me Sven Baertschi is a better prospect than Mikael Granlund because he played in the CHL??

Granlund would have had RNH numbers had he played in the OHL, WHL or QMJHL. Instead he was busy playing in a starring role in a MANS league. The European league most like North American hockey in the SM Liga...

Instead of toiling around in major juniors scoring probably 2 PPG Granlund put up PPG numbers in a mans league the SM Liga at 17 and 18 years old. 17years:40 18 years 36 and 19 years 51. And now has as many points as Baertschi in the AHL with something like 10 less games played??

Also Granlund is already a key contributor on the Finland World Championship team..remember the one that won gold? Yeah he was the 2nd leading scorer.

Also did I mention the Wild have already said he has been given a top 6 spot on the team whenever this lockout ends?? Bumping established players like Pierre Marc Bouchard and Matt Cullen down the depth chart..

I won't even begin to comment on Tarasenko who is a top 6 shoe in on St Lious when the lockout ends..but hey he hasn't played in the CHL so we will ignore his stellar WJC and KHL numbers and all around impressive game that makes him a top 3 prospect in all of hockey because he never played in the CHL.

You canadians need to realize the CHL isn't the only place to develop prospects. Why do you think Canada can't win a gold medal at the WJC anymore..exactly.
baertschi has one more game played than granlund.
get your facts straight before writing an essay

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
1. Justin Schultz
2. Alex Galchenyuk
3. Morgan Rielly
4. Nail Yakupov
5. Evgeni Kuznetsov
6. Mikael Granlund
7. Jonathan Huberdeau
8. Sven Baertschi
9. Brock Nelson
10. Ryan Murray
11. Mikhail Grigorenko
12. Jakob Silfverberg
13. Andrei Vasilevski
14. Jonas Brodin
15. Tim Erixon
Im a jackets fan, but there is noooo way erixon is a top prospect. If anything thatt should be Moore, but Erixon, no.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Nikita Filatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
If Boone Jenner is a top 15 prospect then that must mean that Nazem Kadri is the best prospect in the entire NHL

Except I doubt Kadri will be as good defensively EVER than Jenner was as a 16 year old.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:36 PM
KidLine93

1.Yakupov
2.Kuznetsov
3.Tarasenko
4.Galchenyuk
5.Huberdeau
6.Murray
7.Reilly
8.Hamilton
9.Schultz
10.Granlund
11.Baertschi
12.Strome
13.Gormley
14/15 Klefbom/Brodin

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Nikita Filatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Im a jackets fan, but there is noooo way erixon is a top prospect. If anything thatt should be Moore, but Erixon, no.
He's not the only one.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1381

While Moore is turning heads now, remember how quick people were to jump on him after his rough end to the season? Personally I have Erixon above Moore as well and think he'll become the better NHL player, no matter who may be playing better right now.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:44 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Except I doubt Kadri will be as good defensively EVER than Jenner was as a 16 year old.
People are seriously underestimating his defense strengths, and the value of said strengths on a team. Being able to put Jenner out there in so many situations saves his team(Canada, Oshawa or CBJ) from putting players out there who are better suited for other situations. Like the game where he got suspened. RNH played like 13 minutes that entire game because of penalties while jenner was out there almost the entire game. Constantly stopping finlands pp, knocking pucks loose, diving and blocking shots, taking the body. all those small things add up to the big picture.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Leafs03

I dont care what people say but Gally should be number 1, the guy has all the tools to be an elite player in this league..Skill,class,hard worker and a captain material. Lucky Hab fans...And btw Morgan Rielly will be better than Dougie Hamilton. WJC shows that and Rielly is younger. Hamilton is so overrated.

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Erixon is a very safe prospect with top pairing upside for sure. It might be a little homer vote from me, but I've been tracking him since he was traded to the Rangers last year and he's impressed me a lot. It also helps when he always lights up the Whale...

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:03 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Erixon is a very safe prospect with top pairing upside for sure. It might be a little homer vote from me, but I've been tracking him since he was traded to the Rangers last year and he's impressed me a lot. It also helps when he always lights up the Whale...
With there only being 1 spot on the roster, I honestly see that going to Murray. CBJ isnt going to send Murray to the AHL in his first season. Although i'd love to see Erixon shine, I dont think he will get the nod over Murray or Moore tbh

Old
12-29-2012, 06:04 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
I dont care what people say but Gally should be number 1, the guy has all the tools to be an elite player in this league..Skill,class,hard worker and a captain material. Lucky Hab fans...And btw Morgan Rielly will be better than Dougie Hamilton. WJC shows that and Rielly is younger. Hamilton is so overrated.
can you tell my why? because I dont see it.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Leafs03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Rielly has played very few mins and has shown great defensive plays and has been amazing offensivly. Dougie hamilton has been getting crazy minutes and has not showed anything special at all...He is a solid prospect but he is so overrated on HF cause of 1great season in OHL..I could bet money that Rielly will have a better nhl career than Hamilton..andoOf course this is my opinion so.

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I'm still waiting for Hamilton to do something worthy of his hype. Like anything. He seems (in the showings I've seen, WJC, SS, Team OHL) good at everything and great at nothing.

I'd love to see him take the team on his back against the USA.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Kessel finished 6th in league scoring last year.

Mogilny's best finish in his career was 7th.

Berezin cracked the NHL top-50 scoring once in his career. Finished 39th.
Different generations, CBA's, what have you.

In 1985 there were 16 players who broke 100 points.

I guess hockey has gotten worse in quality since then eh?

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
I agree with you but please don't tell us the WJC proves anything. It doesn't

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
I'm still waiting for Hamilton to do something worthy of his hype. Like anything. He seems (in the showings I've seen, WJC, SS, Team OHL) good at everything and great at nothing.

I'd love to see him take the team on his back against the USA.
Good at everything and great at nothing is outstanding when you stand 6'4 and are very mobile.

Nothing should stop him from being an all situation DMan at NHL level but I can't be certain hell be a franchise DMan as many think here.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Smallz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
And Jenner will never have the puck moving skills that Kadri had at 15 years old

Works both ways

Jenner is a good prospect don't get me wrong but he's a future #3 C, 1st PK C. He might be one of the 15 safest prospects in the NHL but he is no where near a top 15 list in terms of skill level

Jenner cracks my top 50 for sure, maybe my top 40, probably not my top 30 but even still thats solid for what he brings to the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Yeah man oh man does Canada suck......just curious how many 5peats does your country have this decade? Because mine has 1 so I just wanted to check and see how many yours have. I understand the point you were making to the other poster but let's not bash Canada now, we are on a little cold streak but saying we can't win is asinine really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Good at everything and great at nothing is outstanding when you stand 6'4 and are very mobile.

Nothing should stop him from being an all situation DMan at NHL level but I can't be certain hell be a franchise DMan as many think here.
I've always thought Dougie got severely overrated around here. Like you touched on I have no doubt that he'll be a player in the NHL but with each passing day I am becoming less and less positive that he'll reach that all star level.

He won't be a bust because he'll still be a useful top 4 player in all situations, I could see him having a Dennis Wideman type impact for the Bruins rather than this franchise d-man he was pegged to me

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Based off how fast Schultz has adjusted to the AHL and how much he's dominating. Schultz should be #1-#5 on all lists.

Only comparable d-prospect is Hamilton.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote