HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers @ WJC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2012, 01:35 PM
  #26
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Logged in for the first time in what must be a year to express my gratitude that I'm not the only one that isn't on the Grimaldi **********. He comes off to me as an annoying little puke.

That being said I genuinely hope he pans out and becomes a solid NHL caliber winger but holy smokes is he annoying.
Well, i am notorious for being negative right?

I mean, our opinion on his personality is irrelevant. Means nothing relative to his hockey development ; hockey being the only reason we know him. Of course, from the little i know of him via Florida's relations with him, i have both a rational and irrational dislike of him. Accurate? Meh, who knows. It's not like i think he'll fail because of these.

To me, he comes across as a judgemental individual who feels the need to say things that aren't needed to be said. But that's just me, and people who definitely see him in a different light.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:42 PM
  #27
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat
 
PantherboyHTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Blue Jay Nation...
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
Is Bjugstad hurt?

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:47 PM
  #28
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Pretty thick-headed of all those Rocco haters.. The kid is a hard working, honest kid, who gives 100%.. Really embarrassing to dislike somebody for having morales. Seriously, a joke.
Anybody who uses the lexical choice; haters .... usually isn't the most mature, logical person. I know you have this insatiable desire to defend and protest versus any perception of negativity towards Florida related hockey personnel, but it gets tedious and old after awhile.

You realise morals itself has no notion of positivity or negativity. Bad morals exist too. But we aren't discussing morals here anyway. I also wasn't aware that honesty and hard working are an explicit reasons to automatically like somebody. I am sure you are hard working and honest ; i certainly don't like you either.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:48 PM
  #29
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Is Bjugstad hurt?
Not eligible. Only players born in 93 and after are allowed to compete this year.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:03 PM
  #30
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Anybody who uses the lexical choice; haters .... usually isn't the most mature, logical person. I know you have this insatiable desire to defend and protest versus any perception of negativity towards Florida related hockey personnel, but it gets tedious and old after awhile.

You realise morals itself has no notion of positivity or negativity. Bad morals exist too. But we aren't discussing morals here anyway. I also wasn't aware that honesty and hard working are an explicit reasons to automatically like somebody. I am sure you are hard working and honest ; i certainly don't like you either.
This is the greatest post of all time.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:18 PM
  #31
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,435
vCash: 500
Could some mods please clean up this thread. This Rocco nonsense

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:31 PM
  #32
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat
 
PantherboyHTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Blue Jay Nation...
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Not eligible. Only players born in 93 and after are allowed to compete this year.
/forgot he was a year older than Huberdeau

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:05 AM
  #33
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Was anyone else impressed with German forward Leon Draisaitl (#15) today? I thought he really stood out from the German side... and hes not draft eligible til 2014!

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:56 AM
  #34
Lowe in Oil
Registered User
 
Lowe in Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
Where was Huberdeau playing before the WJHC? He has looked slick so far.

Thanks.

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:25 AM
  #35
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Where was Huberdeau playing before the WJHC? He has looked slick so far.

Thanks.
Saint John Sea Dogs

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
  #36
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Russia - USA game was a fun game to watch. Watching Russia is always entertaining.

Trocheck had a good game. Good hands and able to create offense. Definitely a nice prospect.

Grimaldi can skate and hustle, but didn't get that much done. One of the more dynamic players on the US team.

Kosov i like alot. Can handle the puck, skates really well and just so much energy. Probably not the most gifted offensive player, and whether he decides to ever come over, i don't know, but in a few years i can definitely see him being a solid NHL player.

The Russian forwards play a much more individualistic game at times, but are definitely more dynamic than the US forwards. Much more fun to watch. Nichuskin is a relly intriguing player for the upcoming draft. Now i don't think he has the best vision in the world, but that combination of size, speed and puck skills is amazing.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:17 PM
  #37
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Yeah everyone said this was the most entertaining game of the tournament so far. Such a close game for sure (US lost 2-1).

Grimaldi needs to work on his turnovers and defense from what I saw. He was one of the most skilled puckhandlers on the ice which is saying something with some of the players in this game. But he seems to try to do a bit too much at times and did lead to a few turnovers and good chances for the Russians. His play without the puck though is fairly solid too, willing to play in the corners without fear, lays it all on the line (broke up a play on Kosov in the 3rd by stretching all 5'6" of his body out), keeps his feet moving all the time that he was able to make several plays from his knees basically. He looks like he's transitioning now to RW and will be fine playing there in the NHL in the future.

Trocheck had a solid game. Had a couple of really good plays and a couple of really bad plays too. I didnt focus on him too much during this game just because I felt like he's been asked to play a more defensive role on the 3rd line.

Kosov looked pretty good too out there. He drew the first penalty of the game (on Trocheck too) that led to the PP that the Russians scored on. Definitely could be an NHLer as a defensive forward who can PK and still chip in a little offensively. I think it'll be a number of yrs before he comes over and then it would be questionable if he ever wanted to.

This game kinda surprised me in some ways. I felt like the Russians were pretty soft for the most part (not surprising there) but the Americans couldnt take advantage of it. The Russians were so skilled that the Americans couldnt keep up with them. I thought that Housley would've tried to slow the game down more after the 1st period and really use the physical game to eliminate the Russians. Yakupov doesnt look like he'll be that good of a #1 overall pick but he'll be decent (in terms of impact, I kinda think he'll be like Rick Nash in terms of production & importance to a team).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
  #38
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Yeah everyone said this was the most entertaining game of the tournament so far. Such a close game for sure (US lost 2-1).

Grimaldi needs to work on his turnovers and defense from what I saw. He was one of the most skilled puckhandlers on the ice which is saying something with some of the players in this game. But he seems to try to do a bit too much at times and did lead to a few turnovers and good chances for the Russians. His play without the puck though is fairly solid too, willing to play in the corners without fear, lays it all on the line (broke up a play on Kosov in the 3rd by stretching all 5'6" of his body out), keeps his feet moving all the time that he was able to make several plays from his knees basically. He looks like he's transitioning now to RW and will be fine playing there in the NHL in the future.
I wouldn't say Grimaldi was one of bets players with the puck solely on this game. He does possess good hands and wonderful skating combined with good hustle, but hopefully by now, people have realised the "if he were taller he'd have been a Top 5 pick" concept isn't applicable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Trocheck had a solid game. Had a couple of really good plays and a couple of really bad plays too. I didnt focus on him too much during this game just because I felt like he's been asked to play a more defensive role on the 3rd line.
I prefer Trocheck to Grimaldi. Nice offensive abilities himself, but just a more complete player with less flaws/obstacles to overcome. One of our more promising players in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Kosov looked pretty good too out there. He drew the first penalty of the game (on Trocheck too) that led to the PP that the Russians scored on. Definitely could be an NHLer as a defensive forward who can PK and still chip in a little offensively. I think it'll be a number of yrs before he comes over and then it would be questionable if he ever wanted to.
I would personally prefer it if he came over in several years. The skating, the grit is there and i think he has some solid hands. I'd prefer if he developed his game fully in Russia then came over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
This game kinda surprised me in some ways. I felt like the Russians were pretty soft for the most part (not surprising there) but the Americans couldnt take advantage of it. The Russians were so skilled that the Americans couldnt keep up with them. I thought that Housley would've tried to slow the game down more after the 1st period and really use the physical game to eliminate the Russians. Yakupov doesnt look like he'll be that good of a #1 overall pick but he'll be decent (in terms of impact, I kinda think he'll be like Rick Nash in terms of production & importance to a team).
Russia isn't really soft. I'd disagree with that. Just less of a natural cycle team (Kosov, Nichuskin etc excelled at this however). Say what you want about the Russian team, it's an exciting team to watch. Fustrating at times, gifted at others.

Yakupov has had a bad tournament, but he's an exceptional talent. The hands and skating were still evident today. Dynamic player. Awful decision making today. He was atrocious. However, he's playing very well in the KHL, and i find it difficult to envisage him not being an elite offensive player in the NHL. I'd be suprised if he didn't produce better peak numbers than Nash ; a player who to my eyes is exceptionally overated.

Even the undrafted Russian players are fun to watch. Sigarev, Kasputsin etc all have ability.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:11 PM
  #39
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
I dont think we will ever see people stop hating on Rocco. He's taken a very strong stance in his beliefs and is outspoken in promoting what he believes to be right. If his positions were a little more in line with the liberal media backed agenda (pro gay marriage, pro gun control, anti religion) then those same haters would love him. Instead you'll continue to see posts like the ones in this thread indefinitely. The bold will admit they hate him for his beliefs. The meek will say they cant quite put their fingers on why they hate him.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:29 PM
  #40
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
I dont think we will ever see people stop hating on Rocco. He's taken a very strong stance in his beliefs and is outspoken in promoting what he believes to be right. If his positions were a little more in line with the liberal media backed agenda (pro gay marriage, pro gun control, anti religion) then those same haters would love him. Instead you'll continue to see posts like the ones in this thread indefinitely. The bold will admit they hate him for his beliefs. The meek will say they cant quite put their fingers on why they hate him.
Enough of this crap.

A few of us have said we don't like his personality much. We've also stated numerous times that has nothing to do with how he develops on the ice.

Grimaldi didn't have a particularly good game. He is an interesting prospects with some flaws. We shall see how it develops.

Rather than this tedious, unintelligent "let the haters hate" mentality that seems to surface anytime people don't fall in line with the idealic romantic concept of glorious Panther propety, can you develop a brain please? You're calling him by his first name, using the word haters and say we have an agenda or bias?

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:01 PM
  #41
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Interesting side note, USA d-man Shayne Gostisbehere is from in Margate, FL (not far from the Panthers practice facility) & grew up a Florida Panthers fan. He was also selected using the 3rd round pick the Panthers sent to Philly as part of the Versteeg deal so that kid will be linked to the Panthers for a long time to come.

Grimaldi just got an assist added to the goal by Gostisbehere so he's got a pt now at least in this game but he's looked pretty good throughout this 2nd period.
I really liked the play of Gostisbehere so far from what I've seen. Hopefully we can get him back in Florida at some point in the future, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to be in the Panthers org.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:06 PM
  #42
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Enough of this crap.

A few of us have said we don't like his personality much. We've also stated numerous times that has nothing to do with how he develops on the ice.

Grimaldi didn't have a particularly good game. He is an interesting prospects with some flaws. We shall see how it develops.

Rather than this tedious, unintelligent "let the haters hate" mentality that seems to surface anytime people don't fall in line with the idealic romantic concept of glorious Panther propety, can you develop a brain please? You're calling him by his first name, using the word haters and say we have an agenda or bias?
Perfect example of hating on someone because they disagree with you. All of a sudden my thoughts are unintelligent because I've pointed out what the obvious, that you're a rocco hater. If that term bothers you then please select another with the same meaning and I'll be glad to use it, it makes no difference to me. But the bottom line is that a good portion of this board hates Rocco solely because of his religious beliefs. If he were an outspoken atheist then no one would give two ***** about what he said.

Your last paragraph makes no sense whatsoever. I wasn't criticizing the Rocco haters because they "dont fall in line with the idealic romantic concept of glorious Panther propety [sic]", whatever the hell that means. I criticize them because they don't give a **** about the moral character of the other prospects, good, bad, or ugly. If Rocco were knocking up chicks and abandoning his illegitimate children all over the state, no one would care. But they are quick to criticize a young man who has a strong Christian belief and is vocal with the limited amount of fame he has.

Then when asked why you dislike him you say "From his tie, to his judgemental [sic] religious views expressed at times. The tweet also annoys me, but i can't exactly explain why via text." Now he is judgmental because he takes a stance on what is right and what is wrong? If he said anyone who opposes gay marriage is bad, no one would give a damn. But if he says gay marriage is bad then he is judgmental? BS. Why is free speech only ok when you agree with the message? Why not just admit that you hate him because of his outspokenness on his beliefs? If you want to deny your bias, so be it. But it comes across so clearly that you just look foolish in doing so.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:38 PM
  #43
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,327
vCash: 500
The problem with Grimaldi is that he's vocal, and due to his religious beliefs, it's evident that he finds it as a "moral" duty/obligation or totally correct to voice his opinions and judgements. He has a preaching mentality.

I think anyone who just constantly flaunts some sort of fanaticism is really annoying, anything in extreme is not good, and he's already turned heads with it as proof.

But whatever, as long as he can be the next St.Louis for our team I couldn't care less..

Panteras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:53 AM
  #44
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Perfect example of hating on someone because they disagree with you. All of a sudden my thoughts are unintelligent because I've pointed out what the obvious, that you're a rocco hater. If that term bothers you then please select another with the same meaning and I'll be glad to use it, it makes no difference to me. But the bottom line is that a good portion of this board hates Rocco solely because of his religious beliefs. If he were an outspoken atheist then no one would give two ***** about what he said.

Your last paragraph makes no sense whatsoever. I wasn't criticizing the Rocco haters because they "dont fall in line with the idealic romantic concept of glorious Panther propety [sic]", whatever the hell that means. I criticize them because they don't give a **** about the moral character of the other prospects, good, bad, or ugly. If Rocco were knocking up chicks and abandoning his illegitimate children all over the state, no one would care. But they are quick to criticize a young man who has a strong Christian belief and is vocal with the limited amount of fame he has.

Then when asked why you dislike him you say "From his tie, to his judgemental [sic] religious views expressed at times. The tweet also annoys me, but i can't exactly explain why via text." Now he is judgmental because he takes a stance on what is right and what is wrong? If he said anyone who opposes gay marriage is bad, no one would give a damn. But if he says gay marriage is bad then he is judgmental? BS. Why is free speech only ok when you agree with the message? Why not just admit that you hate him because of his outspokenness on his beliefs? If you want to deny your bias, so be it. But it comes across so clearly that you just look foolish in doing so.
Why do you care whether i like his personality or not? Last time i checked, we were hockey fans, and not following the Florida Panthers big brother house. I don't like his personality and i've said countless times that this has no impact on his hockey development or my opinion of his skills. So again, how does this pathetic internet concept of "haters gonna hate" have any relevance?

I don't dislike Grimaldi because he is religious. It just so happens many if his "unique" views manifest themselves via religion. Coincidence, probably. I am not here to discuss religion. I've said several times, i don't like his personality and that this does not affect how i view him as a player ; you know, the only commodity we should care about?

I wasn't aware it was mandatory to also like every Panthers personnel. Do you wish us all to buy Grimaldi T-shirts, follow him on twitter saying how much we like him and have him included in a rolling Florida Panthers love is in the air desktop wallpaper sequence?

Please, don't play the free speech card. Not only are you making a universe out a mole hill, trying to extrapolate this into some personal vendetta because somebody doesn't fall in line with the Panthers loverathon, but free speech (Not the concept, but what they say) is allowed to be criticise. Grimaldi can say what he wants, and he is entitled to do so, but that doesn't mean i have to like it, or like him.

If Grimaldi wasn't a Florida prospect, would you care? Would you be defending against the "haters". I think we all know the answer to that.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:23 AM
  #45
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I wouldn't say Grimaldi was one of bets players with the puck solely on this game. He does possess good hands and wonderful skating combined with good hustle, but hopefully by now, people have realised the "if he were taller he'd have been a Top 5 pick" concept isn't applicable.
I disagree because I'm not just using this 1 game to say that. I've watched him in college and even the other US game and you can see the skillset is better than almost every other player out there. The deficiencies he has are typical of any young prospect that are easy to fix too. You can't teach his speed or puck dangling ability. If he was as tall as Yakupov for example, I truly believe he could've been a top 5 pick (Yakupov is just 5'10").
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I prefer Trocheck to Grimaldi. Nice offensive abilities himself, but just a more complete player with less flaws/obstacles to overcome. One of our more promising players in the system.
Thats your choice but I doubt Trocheck ever tops Grimaldi in terms of offense. Trocheck is a more rounded player, sure but not as dynamic offensively. Also Trocheck still has an obstacle to overcome and thats his size too. And he made some bad plays himself in that game that I was disappointed to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I would personally prefer it if he came over in several years. The skating, the grit is there and i think he has some solid hands. I'd prefer if he developed his game fully in Russia then came over.
I think he may never come over to North America though. The more success he finds in the KHL, the less need there is to come over to the US to play. I hope I'm wrong but based on my gut I dont think we ever see him in a Panthers uniform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Russia isn't really soft. I'd disagree with that. Just less of a natural cycle team (Kosov, Nichuskin etc excelled at this however). Say what you want about the Russian team, it's an exciting team to watch. Fustrating at times, gifted at others.
We must've been watching 2 different games then. The Russians were softer than butter! I watched them barely get hit by an Americans several different times and get knocked off the puck in the offensive zone. Yes Kosov was one of the few Russians who could take a hit and played through it. Him and that Tkachyov seemed to play a more North American game than the rest of the Russians. I think the difference in this game was coaching and execution than any skills really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Yakupov has had a bad tournament, but he's an exceptional talent. The hands and skating were still evident today. Dynamic player. Awful decision making today. He was atrocious. However, he's playing very well in the KHL, and i find it difficult to envisage him not being an elite offensive player in the NHL. I'd be suprised if he didn't produce better peak numbers than Nash ; a player who to my eyes is exceptionally overated.
He may be an exceptional talent but talent doesnt always translate into production. He's also a player that has had concussions. His style of play seems to lend itself to being in potentially dangerous situations that can get him injured again (he laid out to block that shot yesterday where his head could've taken that puck to it). He can play well in the KHL but they dont play the exact same style as North America. Yes Yakupov played juniors here but lets wait to see him play in the pros before saying he'll be an elite offensive player. And yes I used Nash in terms of numbers because I feel they are both similarly overrated players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I really liked the play of Gostisbehere so far from what I've seen. Hopefully we can get him back in Florida at some point in the future, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to be in the Panthers org.
I hadnt followed him much since being drafted but took a look & his stats from his freshman yr were really good and he's having a solid sophomore campaign too at Union. I think we'd have to wait a long time to see him back with FL. The Flyers are in need of defensive prospects and he's a solid puck moving one. But if he ever becomes a free agent, I'm sure we would have a good chance at bringing him "home".

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:11 AM
  #46
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 500
Kosov just scored a nautral hat-trick in the third period for Russia against Germany.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
  #47
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,375
vCash: 500
Kosov is the first Russian prospect we've had that I can remember being excited about in a long, long time.

Regarding the Grimaldi being top 5 debate... I think his size makes it easier to be a great puck handler so I'm not sure he'd have that high level of an ability with more height. The tradeoff would be the other benefits of being bigger. If he was 5'11 6', he'd definitely be ranked in the top 10 of his draft class but I have doubts he'd be selected in the top 5 because of the religion stuff/personality issues teams passed on. They're even more sensitive to that kind of stuff with a top pick.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
  #48
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
I dont think we will ever see people stop hating on Rocco. He's taken a very strong stance in his beliefs and is outspoken in promoting what he believes to be right. If his positions were a little more in line with the liberal media backed agenda (pro gay marriage, pro gun control, anti religion) then those same haters would love him. Instead you'll continue to see posts like the ones in this thread indefinitely. The bold will admit they hate him for his beliefs. The meek will say they cant quite put their fingers on why they hate him.
Completely disagree. He's a hockey player, not a preacher. There are no other players that speak about the three issues you've brought up like Grimaldi does with religion. Nobody hates him. They disagree with his social media soap-boxing. You sound crazy.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:27 PM
  #49
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I disagree because I'm not just using this 1 game to say that. I've watched him in college and even the other US game and you can see the skillset is better than almost every other player out there. The deficiencies he has are typical of any young prospect that are easy to fix too. You can't teach his speed or puck dangling ability. If he was as tall as Yakupov for example, I truly believe he could've been a top 5 pick (Yakupov is just 5'10").
I respect your opinion (Your usually fair and accurate), i just disagree here. Grimaldi is definitely very talented, but Yakupov as an example is on an entirely different level.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Thats your choice but I doubt Trocheck ever tops Grimaldi in terms of offense. Trocheck is a more rounded player, sure but not as dynamic offensively. Also Trocheck still has an obstacle to overcome and thats his size too. And he made some bad plays himself in that game that I was disappointed to see.
Perhaps i phrased my response wrong. Grimaldi has greater offensive upside in the sense that he's clearly a better skater and puck handler. I simply prefer Trocheck's NHL prospects at this point. I think he is a safer bet to be a good NHL player. Neither will ever be a premier points compiler in my opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I think he may never come over to North America though. The more success he finds in the KHL, the less need there is to come over to the US to play. I hope I'm wrong but based on my gut I dont think we ever see him in a Panthers uniform.
We shall see it how it pans out. I don't think either of us can protect to have pretensions on how events will unfold for Kosov.

His hat-trick today simply by looking at the scoresheet masks what Kosov is actually about. Speed and energy. His 3 goals today certainly wern't particularly pretty goals. I do like his ability to handle and drive the puck in the zone and around the corners, but the finish i am not so sure. His 3 goals today were a stoppable wrister from the Blue line, a fluke deflection and a 2-0 breakway where he jammed it under the Goalies pad. I think his upside is a 20-20 type player who hustles all day long, but may frustate fans that he doesn't score as much as that hustle warrants. Hard not to like him as a prospect though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
We must've been watching 2 different games then. The Russians were softer than butter! I watched them barely get hit by an Americans several different times and get knocked off the puck in the offensive zone. Yes Kosov was one of the few Russians who could take a hit and played through it. Him and that Tkachyov seemed to play a more North American game than the rest of the Russians. I think the difference in this game was coaching and execution than any skills really.
We'll simply have to disagree here. To me, whilst the Russians aren't going out of their way to initiate contact, they don't shy away from it. Don't think physicality is a problem for Russian Junior teams the way it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
He may be an exceptional talent but talent doesnt always translate into production. He's also a player that has had concussions. His style of play seems to lend itself to being in potentially dangerous situations that can get him injured again (he laid out to block that shot yesterday where his head could've taken that puck to it). He can play well in the KHL but they dont play the exact same style as North America. Yes Yakupov played juniors here but lets wait to see him play in the pros before saying he'll be an elite offensive player. And yes I used Nash in terms of numbers because I feel they are both similarly overrated players.
Today he had a solid game. Nothing spectacular, but his ability to control a puck is exceptional. There are very very few players in the world who have his ability to control difficult pucks in full flight and turn on the jets like he can. Bure is an apt comparison in some ways. Elite shot, elite skating and elite passing. He hasn't been at the races for the U-20's for whatever reason, but his performances in the KHL are historically significant. Kuznetsov and Tarasenko (Two players who i think will be NHL PPG players) didn't put these numbers up at 18. The skillset is there. The production at every level is there.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:57 PM
  #50
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,194
vCash: 500
Highlights of RUS vs GER?

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.