HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Team Atlantic 2013 World Under 17 Challenge

Old
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
hockeyfan1977

vCash: 500
there is a bit too much of 'hockey politic's" involved

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Scarecrow Boat

So the seasons started, we're getting closer to U17 time, who makes it?

My locks are:
Goalie
Mason MacDonald - Acadie-Bathurt Titan - Nova Scotia

Defense
Duncan MacIntyre - Quebec Remparts - Nova Scotia
Cody Donaghey - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies - Newfoundland
Tanner McCabe - Summerside Western Capitals - PEI
Brendan Nickerson - Yarmouth Mariners - Nova Scotia

Forward
Clark Bishop - Cape Breton Screaming Eagls - Newfoundland
Zach Moody - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles - Nova Scotia
Kameron Kielly - Gatineau Olympic - PEI
Nathan Yetman - PEI Rocket - Newfoundland
Spencer Smallman - St. John Seadogs - New Brunswick
Lucas Batt - Victoriaville Tigres - Newfoundland
Matthew Highmore - Injured - Nova Scotia
Josh Pugsley - Amherst Ramblers - Nova Scotia
Alex Gallant - I donno where he is lol but he'd be a returnee - PEI
Nathan Noel - Shattuck St. Mary's ('97 born) - Newfoundland

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 05:09 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post

My locks are:
Goalie

Defense

Forward
Gallant has been playing back with the Islanders… I've been tracking his development. I noticed on the gamesheet McCabe played yesterday too, so he must've got sent down? Summerside's got a strong team so it's a possibility..I'd still call him a lock though. And another kid to keep an eye on is Blanchard from Valley… something like 40 points in 16 or 17 games, he's definetly opening some eyes.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Ye Nic Blanchards definitely a lock for the team, after the christmas trade period, I'd be shocked if he wasn't playing with Acadie or a team that trades for him.

I'd also like to see Morgan Messenger make the team, I don't know if he qualifies as a lock but I think he could make it no problem.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:16 AM
hockeyfan1977

Smallman was not invited to the camp in July . not sure why.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:41 PM
hockeyfan1977

Will Highmore be ready to play in this tournament.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:

My locks are:
Goalie

Defense

Forward

I did pretty good considering the roster isn't fully named yet and I only named two that aren't on the roster... yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Confirmed so far..

Forwards (11):
Clark Bishop
Lucas Batt
Jonathan Erbs
Matthew Highmore
Liam Hynes
Kameron Kielly
Zach Moody
Nathan Noel
Josh Pugsley
Kyle Tibbo
Nathan Yetman

Defense (6):
Cody Donaghey
Duncan MacIntyre
Tanner McCabe
Brendan Nickerson
Nicholas Quillan
Michael White

Goalies (1):
Mason McDonald

Old
11-22-2012, 07:11 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
I did pretty good considering the roster isn't fully named yet and I only named two that aren't on the roster... yet
Is Deschene eligable to play on this team even if he is playing on the NB U-16 team , not saying I think he would make it just asking a aquestion ?

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Is Deschene eligable to play on this team even if he is playing on the NB U-16 team , not saying I think he would make it just asking a aquestion ?
Yes, he was named to the team.

http://www.hockeynl.ca/team-atlantic...ter-announced/

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Q7scout

Any updates or comments on team Atlantic 5-3 lost to Finland?

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:03 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
Any updates or comments on team Atlantic 5-3 lost to Finland?
No comments on that game, have watched two periods of game 1 VS Quebec and team Atlantic is over matched besides Macintyre on D they are terrible can't get the puck out of there own zone.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:06 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
No comments on that game, have watched two periods of game 1 VS Quebec and team Atlantic is over matched besides Macintyre on D they are terrible can't get the puck out of there own zone.
Game is over , you can't win when you only have 6 forwards and 3 or 4 d that are able to play at this level if you have to bring two 97's to play in this tournament that get limited ice why are they there ? if both teams had to play with 6 forwards and 4 D team Atlantic would be able to compete.

JMO

Old
12-30-2012, 12:32 AM
welcometothebigshow2

To me it looks like Ritcey is just getting outcoached, not only does he not have the matchups going correctly, he consistently puts the same 9 or 10 guys on every second shift who are making mistake after mistake, and some kids aren't getting a chance at all. I have no idea why Deschenes is on this team, he's way too slow, can't keep up. He is getting icetime too, which puzzles me. I'm just watching from online, maybe it's different in person. And a positive was that Bishop was the best player on the ice including both teams. Hopefully Ritcey and co will figure it out tomorrow...

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Q7scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
To me it looks like Ritcey is just getting outcoached, not only does he not have the matchups going correctly, he consistently puts the same 9 or 10 guys on every second shift who are making mistake after mistake, and some kids aren't getting a chance at all. I have no idea why Deschenes is on this team, he's way too slow, can't keep up. He is getting icetime too, which puzzles me. I'm just watching from online, maybe it's different in person. And a positive was that Bishop was the best player on the ice including both teams. Hopefully Ritcey and co will figure it out tomorrow...
I am not blaming the coaches or players but this was a very disappointing result. Team Atlantic needs to do some serious work on development and recruiting/selecting best people available.

And I've said this before on this board that Hockey NB may be worst of all provinces. For a population of 800,000 PEI turns out more players than them with a population of 130,000.

Is Allan Andrews/hockey pei that much better?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Call me Suds

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Deschenes doesn't seem to be trying. He looks like that player with flashes of talent but is always bored on the ice. Might have something to do with being stuck in NB against inferior competition for so long... Hopefully it changes in the Q or he'll be just another NB bust.

Call me Suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
markrander87

Are the stats available online somewheres for the tournament?

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:37 AM
toolbear

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...19/la_id/1.htm

toolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Suds View Post
Deschenes doesn't seem to be trying. He looks like that player with flashes of talent but is always bored on the ice. Might have something to do with being stuck in NB against inferior competition for so long... Hopefully it changes in the Q or he'll be just another NB bust.
I don't think it has anything to do with playing agaisnt inferior competition in NB.. That is a pretty poor statement. That is what Luc Deschenes is. IMO he isn't good enough to play in the Q next year. He is too slow footed and lazy. For someone who is suppose to be a first rounder he definitely doesn't dominate in the NB/PEI Midget league. He is good but not going to be a top level d man in the Q.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with playing agaisnt inferior competition in NB.. That is a pretty poor statement. That is what Luc Deschenes is. IMO he isn't good enough to play in the Q next year. He is too slow footed and lazy. For someone who is suppose to be a first rounder he definitely doesn't dominate in the NB/PEI Midget league. He is good but not going to be a top level d man in the Q.
I wonder why they take two 97's on team Atlantic, Deschene played limited ice and took stupid penalties , the other stand out Noel played 1 or 2 shifts a game and was invisable, if there are not two better 96's players in Atlantic Canada than team Atlantic is in bad shape or they have a bad selection process. Where was Spencer smallman ?

Old
01-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
I wonder why they take two 97's on team Atlantic, Deschene played limited ice and took stupid penalties , the other stand out Noel played 1 or 2 shifts a game and was invisable, if there are not two better 96's players in Atlantic Canada than team Atlantic is in bad shape or they have a bad selection process. Where was Spencer smallman ?
Noel won a player of the game and had 2 assists, and had PP time, not sure what you are talking about.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:37 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Noel won a player of the game and had 2 assists, and had PP time, not sure what you are talking about.
2 assist 14 PM , with limited ice time if you watched the games do you think he played much every game ? he is still the best 97 in Atlantic Canada I just wondered why he did not play more it seemed like they played with 4 D and 6 or 7 forwards, that is what I am talking about.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Atlantic always has trouble with politics in picking the team, it seems like of all the provinces they are still the ones who have not grown up to a real program yet and let high powered parents get in their ear......to leave players like Nic Blanchard from Nova Scotia off the team is just nuts. Team Atlantic seems to think the more you play your big lines the better you will keep up to the other teams with but without rest the high power lines tire out in the 3rd period and do nothing....Atlantic needs to learn coaching, they need to educate their coaches better.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Q7scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
Atlantic always has trouble with politics in picking the team, it seems like of all the provinces they are still the ones who have not grown up to a real program yet and let high powered parents get in their ear......to leave players like Nic Blanchard from Nova Scotia off the team is just nuts. Team Atlantic seems to think the more you play your big lines the better you will keep up to the other teams with but without rest the high power lines tire out in the 3rd period and do nothing....Atlantic needs to learn coaching, they need to educate their coaches better.
So glad it was you scoutman1 that said this. Couldn't agree more......politics are way to much a part of Atlantic hockey. Best thing they could is hire a competitive coach who wants to develop and win and give him the power to select who he wants. Take power away from puppets in the head positions at NB and NS hockey.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:24 PM
DDreamer00

[QUOTE=scoutman1;57130119]Atlantic always has trouble with politics in picking the team, it seems like of all the provinces they are still the ones who have not grown up to a real program yet and let high powered parents get in their ear......to leave players like Nic Blanchard from Nova Scotia off the team is just nuts. Team Atlantic seems to think the more you play your big lines the better you will keep up to the other teams with but without rest the high power lines tire out in the 3rd period and do nothing....Atlantic needs to learn coaching, they need to educate their coaches better.[/

.....well said! But as the old saying goes, $ talks n bull%#* walks - and never truer words reflects hockey in our region

DDreamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

[QUOTE=DDreamer00;57136547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
Atlantic always has trouble with politics in picking the team, it seems like of all the provinces they are still the ones who have not grown up to a real program yet and let high powered parents get in their ear......to leave players like Nic Blanchard from Nova Scotia off the team is just nuts. Team Atlantic seems to think the more you play your big lines the better you will keep up to the other teams with but without rest the high power lines tire out in the 3rd period and do nothing....Atlantic needs to learn coaching, they need to educate their coaches better.[/

.....well said! But as the old saying goes, $ talks n bull%#* walks - and never truer words reflects hockey in our region
Hockey Nova Scotia is probably one of the worst corrupt organizations around...

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote