*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2012, 09:54 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons89 View Post
I agree 100% to this. I feel like the bulls get out skated every night and they dont get enough quality scoring opprotunities. We were the lowest scoring team last year and we are far below the ratio this year. its awful to watch. their motto is pack the yard, but why would anyone want to spend their money to watch this....In comparison, Bulls have 1 player to 10 goals. Saginaw has 7 players with 10 goals or more. the lowly erie otters have 4 players with 10 or more goals. This hockey is getting very boring to watch. Fire Burnett
Season ticket holders have been piping in a lot on this point as when the team is winning the complaint is that things then get changed up again for no reason. Bulls had a nice winning streak going and then Simmonds automatically goes from 4rth to 1st line and other lines get shuffled and now they drop the next two. Usual rule is that when things are working you don't change them until they stop working as a rule of thumb. Also, you knew the PK would eventually break down so you have to ensure players stay out of the box particularly at the start of a game when you're trying to get into the game and build momentum. Especially against Steelheads who can play Bulls style trapping hockey rather well. We'll see what Santa brings for Christmas...maybe a clear map of what lies in the Offensive zone of the opposing teams as many Bulls Vets have sworn they've heard strange sounds from that hitherto uncharted and rarely visited area of Yardmen Arena. Possibly battle plans will be drawn and Bulls players unleashed to go foray and do battle in that area will once again become the norm. Only Santa knows for now...

Old
12-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Renegader

Awful game. Way to go George. Let's increase our scoring output by putting a career 8 goal scorer (in 151 games) on the top line and the top PP unit! Oh wait, I forgot... he's the owner's son.

Unbelievable. It's becoming clearer by the day that George's strings are being pulled by the owner. He needs to grow a pair and actually put, I don't know, a scorer on the top line. Frustrating....

Old
12-15-2012, 10:07 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
Awful game. Way to go George. Let's increase our scoring output by putting a career 8 goal scorer (in 151 games) on the top line and the top PP unit! Oh wait, I forgot... he's the owner's son.

Unbelievable. It's becoming clearer by the day that George's strings are being pulled by the owner. He needs to grow a pair and actually put, I don't know, a scorer on the top line. Frustrating....
Renegader, doesn't it blow your mind to see things done like that for the last two games of the break? I'm thinking every team wants to go into the break on a real high and not worry about having dropped back to back games. Not trying to appease the owner if that's the case or just to experiment which should be done when you've lost a bunch of games. Seemed odd to me.

Old
12-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Renegader, doesn't it blow your mind to see things done like that for the last two games of the break? I'm thinking every team wants to go into the break on a real high and not worry about having dropped back to back games. Not trying to appease the owner if that's the case or just to experiment which should be done when you've lost a bunch of games. Seemed odd to me.
It is frustrating beyond belief. Constant line juggling a 4 percent powerplay in their last 42 attempts.

You're right. If things are working, don't mess with it. George just doesn't get that.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons89 View Post
I agree 100% to this. I feel like the bulls get out skated every night and they dont get enough quality scoring opprotunities. We were the lowest scoring team last year and we are far below the ratio this year. its awful to watch. their motto is pack the yard, but why would anyone want to spend their money to watch this....In comparison, Bulls have 1 player to 10 goals. Saginaw has 7 players with 10 goals or more. the lowly erie otters have 4 players with 10 or more goals. This hockey is getting very boring to watch. Fire Burnett
George just loves his bricklayers up front!

Old
12-26-2012, 07:11 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
George just loves his bricklayers up front!
The time is now for the bulls! Next year they lose to many top players, they have the pieces in place but need to add a couple of playoff performers and elite players. We have too many checking role(grinder) type players now, we must replace some of these players with high-end guys. Go for it george! Its now or never! Let's get some excitement back into the yardmen!

Old
12-26-2012, 07:47 PM
ImaBullsfan

Does anyone have ideas or thoughts on who the bulls will or should go after before the trade deadline?

Old
12-26-2012, 11:21 PM
hockeykid87

They should go after anyone who can put the puck in the net.

Defense is good, goaltending is great, offense in embarrassing. There's some players that need to go that won't (Simmonds) for various reasons. They don't have a lot of players they could offer up for trade, Petti seems to be the only really interesting one and I've heard they don't want to move him.

They really have to do something though, couple key guys will be gone next year, might be weird calling Silas a key guy, but I've actually been rather surprised with his play this season. He's a shot blocking machine. Top players like Gaunce and Malcolm will be back next season, but I think this is the year they want to make a push, and they desperately need some offense if they're going to do that.

As for players they could target, I have no idea who would be available at a decent price. Someone either in this thread or another mentioned that more offensive type players probably don't want to come to Belleville because of the suffocating defensive style they play, which makes sense.

Could be a disappointingly quiet trade deadline for us

Old
12-27-2012, 06:12 AM
brahmabull

Here is one of the Bulls problems 19 year old former 1st round pick Austen Brassard 11 points, 19 year old former 1st round pick Carter Sandlak 12 points, former 2nd round draft pick Micheal Curtis 12 points. So to me Simmonds isn't the issue he is one of the few players actually playing his role, everyone is talking about how the Bulls need to go for it this year before they lose all these key players. Well there's the stats for some of those key players they may lose a combined 35 points so why do they need to worry about losing those players. The big losses next year will be Subban and Brady Austin, both are drafted and both will likely be playing in the AHL next year. Maybe they should trade a couple underachieving 19 year olds and some picks to get a proven player. I would've love to see team Bulls go after Trochek from Saginaw he may be the most underrated player in the league.

Old
12-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
Here is one of the Bulls problems 19 year old former 1st round pick Austen Brassard 11 points, 19 year old former 1st round pick Carter Sandlak 12 points, former 2nd round draft pick Micheal Curtis 12 points. So to me Simmonds isn't the issue he is one of the few players actually playing his role, everyone is talking about how the Bulls need to go for it this year before they lose all these key players. Well there's the stats for some of those key players they may lose a combined 35 points so why do they need to worry about losing those players. The big losses next year will be Subban and Brady Austin, both are drafted and both will likely be playing in the AHL next year. Maybe they should trade a couple underachieving 19 year olds and some picks to get a proven player. I would've love to see team Bulls go after Trochek from Saginaw he may be the most underrated player in the league.
Trochek will be very sought after. I don't think he is underrated, everyone knows his numbers and will cost a ransom of draft picks. I don't think the Bulls have too many pieces that would entice anyone. Their forwards are bricklayers and they won't be giving up their backend. It will be tough but must get done if the Bulls want to get by the 1st rd of the playoffs.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
They should go after anyone who can put the puck in the net.

Defense is good, goaltending is great, offense in embarrassing. There's some players that need to go that won't (Simmonds) for various reasons. They don't have a lot of players they could offer up for trade, Petti seems to be the only really interesting one and I've heard they don't want to move him.

They really have to do something though, couple key guys will be gone next year, might be weird calling Silas a key guy, but I've actually been rather surprised with his play this season. He's a shot blocking machine. Top players like Gaunce and Malcolm will be back next season, but I think this is the year they want to make a push, and they desperately need some offense if they're going to do that.

As for players they could target, I have no idea who would be available at a decent price. Someone either in this thread or another mentioned that more offensive type players probably don't want to come to Belleville because of the suffocating defensive style they play, which makes sense.

Could be a disappointingly quiet trade deadline for us
Subban has close to 0% chance of returning next year. Boston will have him in the AHL

Old
12-27-2012, 02:39 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Subban has close to 0% chance of returning next year. Boston will have him in the AHL
Agreed. Subban will be gone for sure. Gaunce should be back given he's a 94. But there are others that will be gone as well so it might be time to rejig the playing style when new players enter into the System.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:09 PM
hockeykid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I thought players had to be 20 at the start of the season to play in the AHL?

Edit: Just checked, 20 by December 31. So he makes the cut by 10 days. Well if Belleville actually wants a chance at winning, this year is probably the best shot they'll have in awhile with Malcolm in net.

Last edited by hockeykid87: 12-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old
12-27-2012, 04:11 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
I thought players had to be 20 at the start of the season to play in the AHL?
No they have to turn 20 by Dec 31 in order to begin play

Old
12-27-2012, 08:07 PM
ImaBullsfan

I can see the bulls picking up a guy like Ross from saginaw, Vail from windsor, or Leivo from Sudbury. Not high level elite forwards but the type of players george likes. And won't break the bank.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:48 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
I can see the bulls picking up a guy like Ross from saginaw, Vail from windsor, or Leivo from Sudbury. Not high level elite forwards but the type of players george likes. And won't break the bank.
Leivo from sudbury is the rumour

Old
12-28-2012, 10:16 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlnhockeynut View Post
Leivo from sudbury is the rumour
Leivo would be a nice fit, I keep hearing around town that Quine deal is gaining more steam, what about campania from sudbury?

Old
12-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Leivo would be a nice fit, I keep hearing around town that Quine deal is gaining more steam, what about campania from sudbury?
Leivo, Quine, Campagna or anyone to replace the bricklayers please!

Old
12-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Renegader

Quine would be a nice fit. It will be interesting to see what Niagara decides to do. Ritchie would be a great addition if they go the route of offloading everyone.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Renegader

An offensive explosion last night against Guelph. Even without Zharkov, Petti and De Sousa. Nice to see. Bulls are now 10-1-2 against the West. That is an interesting stat.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:35 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
An offensive explosion last night against Guelph. Even without Zharkov, Petti and De Sousa. Nice to see. Bulls are now 10-1-2 against the West. That is an interesting stat.
The bulls are in good hands next year, with Charlie Graham! If he had played more games he would surely rated high on central scouting mid-term rankings. Hopefully nhl scouts notice charlies play this year! The rumors of Quine coming here are running rampid, a couple of weeks ago george was seen speaking to the petes at the yardmen arena??

Old
12-29-2012, 09:33 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
The bulls are in good hands next year, with Charlie Graham! If he had played more games he would surely rated high on central scouting mid-term rankings. Hopefully nhl scouts notice charlies play this year! The rumors of Quine coming here are running rampid, a couple of weeks ago george was seen speaking to the petes at the yardmen arena??
Leivo is more likely, sudbury jackets were all over the rink in Guelph last night

And George either changed the systems or the team said **** the systems. They forechecked, played rough, and scored goals, George must of been losing his mind with the guys doing those 3 things that helped them win

Old
12-29-2012, 08:28 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Leivo is more likely, sudbury jackets were all over the rink in Guelph last night

And George either changed the systems or the team said **** the systems. They forechecked, played rough, and scored goals, George must of been losing his mind with the guys doing those 3 things that helped them win
Another big win for the bulls tonite, graham has really stepped up with subban gone. Now its time to tweak the roster alittle and add some scoring!

Old
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:

Has anyone seen bulls scouts around other ohl arenas? If so who do you think is on the block?

Old
01-01-2013, 08:53 AM
ImaBullsfan

Many rumors out there, we need to pick up some offence but at what cost? It would be sad to lose some of the younger talent like Graham, Berisha or Petti. I'm sure once the first deal is completed soon, the flood gates will open.

Closed Thread