HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 12:15 PM
malkinfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
It would be a big suprise if Slovan signs anybody. As you know, there are troubles in club.
Seems like they are having a tough time scoring as of late

Old
12-28-2012, 12:49 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
yep, they have great D and Janus, but dont have guys who can score.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Exactly. As I said on previous games, only 7 goals in their last 6 games.

It's troubling, as no doubt they have been punching above their weight all season, but they would be missing a trick if they let the momentum of the last three months (with all the sell outs etc) slip because of a missed opportunity to get a goal scorer in. It's obvious that Slovan are trapping like mad and playing an extremely counter attacking style, but it seems to work for them.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:10 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Exactly. As I said on previous games, only 7 goals in their last 6 games.

It's troubling, as no doubt they have been punching above their weight all season, but they would be missing a trick if they let the momentum of the last three months (with all the sell outs etc) slip because of a missed opportunity to get a goal scorer in. It's obvious that Slovan are trapping like mad and playing an extremely counter attacking style, but it seems to work for them.
So I guess the HK Orange / Slovak u20 team are in the perfect school for this style in the future.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:26 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Nikita Gusev is my hero!

Old
12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Faterson

Quote:
It would be a big suprise if Slovan signs anybody. As you know, there are troubles in club.
No, what trouble are you talking about? All I know is they are raking in profits from ticket sales via electronic auctions on a scale they couldn't have dreamt of in their wildest dreams before season start.

My hope is that all this suspicious silence means that Slovan is silently preparing a huge signing or two.

Slovan reminds me of my favourite NHL team, the LA Kings. (Favourite for about 12 frustrating years, not since last spring!) An elite goal-tender (Janus like Quick), great lock-down defence (lately also great short-handed play), but great difficulty to score goals (even with Kopitar). So what did the Kings do? They brought in Richards and Carter, and they won the Stanley Cup. This is why I'm hoping for a Hossa-Gáborík double-punch Slovan signing if the NHL season is cancelled. Those two players could really elevate Slovan to elite level in the KHL.

By the way, Slovan's farm-team reinforcemens were pretty impressive (not only) in tonight's game vs. SKA, I mean Preisinger and Kudrna. They may well have been Slovan's best skaters tonight. Again, a nice parallel to Dwight King and Jordan Nolan on the Kings -- I hope!

Old
12-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Tatanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
No, what trouble are you talking about? All I know is they are raking in profits from ticket sales via electronic auctions on a scale they couldn't have dreamt of in their wildest dreams before season start.
Mmhmm, especially now they're auctioning tickets. Although, I think the club have to work their ***** off from now to get better sponsors for next year if they want to be competitive.

Last edited by Tatanik: 12-28-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old
12-28-2012, 05:16 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
no, what trouble are you talking about?
#802 ?

Old
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
My hope is that all this suspicious silence means that Slovan is silently preparing a huge signing or two.
did you follow Lev Poprad?

Old
12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Mmhmm, especially now they're auctioning tickets. Although, I think the club have to work their ***** off from now to get better sponsors for next year if they want to be competitive.
I am sure you read Kolesnikov´s interview. And dont worry, Slovan will be competitive. ... one day, great example is Donbass, CSKA, Dynamo Msk etc

Old
12-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Faterson

Vorky, it's past midnight here, could you please stop talking in riddles and just say what you mean? You mean Slovan is nearing bankruptcy the same way Lev Poprad collapsed a year ago? They started firing their best players just before 2011 ran out, so do you expect to see anyone fired by Slovan now? And if they're struggling financially, how is that even possible with all that extra, unexpected income from ticket sales via electronic auctions? Do you mean to suggest Slovan got into the KHL the same way Greece got into the EU, by misstating their actual financial situation?

Old
12-28-2012, 05:29 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Last edited by vorky: 12-28-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old
12-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Faterson, stop overreacting

Old
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
ult

Quote:
Vorky, it's past midnight here, could you please stop talking in riddles and just say what you mean? You mean Slovan is nearing bankruptcy the same way Lev Poprad collapsed a year ago? They started firing their best players just before 2011 ran out, so do you expect to see anyone fired by Slovan now? And if they're struggling financially, how is that even possible with all that extra, unexpected income from ticket sales via electronic auctions? Do you mean to suggest Slovan got into the KHL the same way Greece got into the EU, by misstating their actual financial situation?
Oh man, don't worry, I think this is not what he meant. Ahaha, thanks for good laugh.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Faterson

OK, guys, I'm now resigned to the fact I can't decipher any of your innuendo. As to overreacting, I did drink over a litre of black tea earlier in the evening, which I see was a big mistake.

Old
12-28-2012, 07:01 PM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

was it only black tea? i mean its friday...

Old
12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
od71

Quote:
yep, they have great D and Janus, but dont have guys who can score.
I doubt it will help much. Avangard with Cada as a coach, the team with great scoring potential, had also trouble with goals. That was the reason Polezhaev fired him. It depends more on a game style.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
I doubt it will help much. Avangard with Cada as a coach, the team with great scoring potential, had also trouble with goals. That was the reason Polezhaev fired him. It depends more on a game style.
True, Slovan's style is pretty much wholly based on counter attacking and point shots, especially over the past few weeks. Really when you look at Slovan's forwards though, only Kukumberg has any real KHL experience, and he was never a big scorer anyway. Their second top scorer is Miklik, who was playing SVK Extraliga last year for crying out loud!

It is just a case of not having enough real offensive quality, and although Cada has often practiced a more pragmatic style of hockey, I think it's a necessity for Slovan at this point in time, as they don't have the offensive power to compete with the best of the KHL in this regard.

-------

Also, good to see Tomáš Rachůnek go 2+1 against Dinamo Moscow yesterday. Struggled to get going in the KHL this year, but a very promising 21 year old who could go far.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Really when you look at Slovan's forwards though, only Kukumberg has any real KHL experience, and he was never a big scorer anyway. Their second top scorer is Miklik, who was playing SVK Extraliga last year for crying out loud!
I don't see why you should speak so contemptuously of the Slovak league, Tatanik. Miklík is a fine player. Just because someone "has KHL (or even NHL) experience", does not automatically make them a better forward than someone from the Slovak league. Remember all Slovak NHL stars started their careers in the Slovak or Czechoslovak league at one point or another. The best scorer in the Slovak league in recent years has been Ziggy Pálffy (now over 40 years old), playing for Skalica, Slovan's farm team. As the best scorer of the Slovak league, I'm sure Pálffy is miles better than many current KHL forwards, even at his advanced age. Slovan has many times invited Pálffy to play in the KHL this season, because it's exactly someone like him Slovan needs right now, but he just no longer wants to play on the big stage, also refusing all national team invitations.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
I don't see why you should speak so contemptuously of the Slovak league, Tatanik. Miklík is a fine player. Just because someone "has KHL (or even NHL) experience", does not automatically make them a better forward than someone from the Slovak league. Remember all Slovak NHL stars started their careers in the Slovak or Czechoslovak league at one point or another. The best scorer in the Slovak league in recent years has been Ziggy Pálffy (now over 40 years old), playing for Skalica, Slovan's farm team. As the best scorer of the Slovak league, I'm sure Pálffy is miles better than many current KHL forwards, even at his advanced age. Slovan has many times invited Pálffy to play in the KHL this season, because it's exactly someone like him Slovan needs right now, but he just no longer wants to play on the big stage, also refusing all national team invitations.
I've watched plenty of SVK Extraliga, and it's no illusion to say that the quality has gone down over the past 5 or so years. I get your point, but I'm struggling to see anyone in the SVK Extraliga who could feasibly help Slovan at this point. I had high hopes for Dravecky this year, but he has failed to really do much.

And Pálffy... No, not a chance for me. He's too old, and he showed at the 2010 Olympics that he was already past it. I for one am glad that he never made his way for Slovan. Besides, Slovan weren't THAT keen to sign him.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:01 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Tatanik
you are kidding, right?

Old
12-29-2012, 08:03 AM
od71

I was not talking about personalities. There are a lot of skilled slovak forwards. For example, I like Zaborski, he is one of the leaders in Omsk. Avangard is one of my favourite teams. But Tomas, had he played in Slovan, would have scored less points, just for one reason: Ava, unlike Slovan, is offensive team. Tomas proved to be good substitute for Cervenka.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
Tatanik
you are kidding, right?
No..

Old
12-29-2012, 08:16 AM
od71

delete

Old
12-29-2012, 10:51 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Any idea how is it possible that league bought rights of Anisin from Dynamo?

Closed Thread