2013 World Junior Championships

Old
12-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Did they bench Yakupov for a little while before his shift at the end during the PK? Didn't see him for a while but I saw Khokhlachev on another line.
Yea they separated them but it was way too late in the game. Watching Yakupov try and skate end to end and stick handle everyone then turn the puck over was frustrating. The only reason the two of them worked on a line last year was because Kuznetsov centered them and actually passed the puck.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:16 PM
DaaaaB's

vCash: 500
Just a beauty hit by Camara this morning. Anyone who calls that dirty, shouldn't call themselves a hockey fan.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:49 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post

The hit.
Thanks for posting it. I didn't get a chance to see it earlier. Great hit on a guy that got himself into a bad spot and forgot to watch out for himself.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:19 PM
nuxhead

That camara hit kinda looks like a kronwall hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJm-qcnnC0

CAMARA'D

nuxhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
GodTukka*

Clean hit, IIHF says no suspension needed.

It was a good day

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Quick. Someone photoshop the B's jersey on Camara and a Habs jersey on Luza.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuxhead View Post
That camara hit kinda looks like a kronwall hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJm-qcnnC0

CAMARA'D
havlat got ****ed in the video

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:20 AM
westernhome

didn't see the game, but wasn't too happy to read this:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...115221026.html

should we blame the coaches?

hopefully Hamilton realizes what it means to put a Bruins jersey on, the integrity that goes behind that historic logo

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:56 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post

hopefully Hamilton realizes what it means to put a Bruins jersey on, the integrity that goes behind that historic logo
He wanted to win.

After the penalties he did what he had to do to even the calls.

Guys bend the rules in the heat of the moment to win games. Not a big deal. Looks like Hamilton did a good job in picking his spot to dive since it paid off.

Lots of people on this board love to get on their high horse though, and all of them probably hate Marchand despite him being our best player against Vancouver since he is a little ball of hate sent from heaven just to troll the Vancouver Canucks any NHL team that got Brad Marchand would have had the perfect player for a 7 game series against that team of creeps all of whom are worse.

Any Canadian hating on Dougie for this is just a jelly habs or leafs fan anyways.

Thorton dives more than any Bruin despite being a 4th liner I expect some hate and vitriol towards him from the diving haters (not going to happen though is it he gets a pass of course from you all.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Jadfoe

Well on the play it's being suggested he dove, he was absolutely interfered with and got cut on the play, so dive is a bit of an overstatement isn't it. Perhaps embellishment is a better word, but to me diving is more of the soccer style of flopping when you aren't even touched.

Jadfoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:28 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
He wanted to win.

After the penalties he did what he had to do to even the calls.

Guys bend the rules in the heat of the moment to win games. Not a big deal. Looks like Hamilton did a good job in picking his spot to dive since it paid off.

Lots of people on this board love to get on their high horse though, and all of them probably hate Marchand despite him being our best player against Vancouver since he is a little ball of hate sent from heaven just to troll the Vancouver Canucks any NHL team that got Brad Marchand would have had the perfect player for a 7 game series against that team of creeps all of whom are worse.

Any Canadian hating on Dougie for this is just a jelly habs or leafs fan anyways.

Thorton dives more than any Bruin despite being a 4th liner I expect some hate and vitriol towards him from the diving haters (not going to happen though is it he gets a pass of course from you all.)
Thornton dives more than any Bruin?? Ahem, calling Mr. Marchand, Mr.Brad Marchand.

There isn`t one player who hasn`t, at one time or another, embellished, to say Thornton dives more than any Bruin isn`t close to being accurate. I often think that one of the Bruins "downfalls" is the fact that they play the game right, they rarely lie down and act as though they`ve been shot after a hit like so many opponents do, which often takes a potential PP off the table......

....of course, the B`s PP has been so underwhelming for a long time now, not a bad thing

Sorry, totally disagree on the Thornton thing

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post

I don't think these guys care which jersey they are going to eventually put on in their career, it's unfortunately part of hockey now. Our captain and leader big Z did it, did it change your opinion of him?

I'm more worried that he has had 2 shaky tournaments rather then picking on him diving

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Everybody dives. Just like every offensive lineman holds on every single play in a football game. Doesn't mean I like it but it's unfortunately part of the game.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Shaun
beauty

Am I the only one that thinks Koko gets a legit shot to make the team this year since he's not returning to the KHL when WJC is finshed?

Old
12-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Dicky113

Dougie Hamilton

Very surprised at his poor play. Also surprised he was not given a letter and is not being used in all situations. I thought they wood lean on him in this tournament, instead it looks like the opposite. He looks lost out there at times. I was expecting pietrangelo from a few years back, he looks more like Hal gill. Anyone else surprised?

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:04 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post
Very surprised at his poor play. Also surprised he was not given a letter and is not being used in all situations. I thought they wood lean on him in this tournament, instead it looks like the opposite. He looks lost out there at times. I was expecting pietrangelo from a few years back, he looks more like Hal gill. Anyone else surprised?
He looks pretty complacent out there right now, hopefully he steps it up for the USA and Russia games.

TMac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:18 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Koko gets a legit shot to make the team this year since he's not returning to the KHL when WJC is finshed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Totally agree.
Not that I would know, but some people from here have told me he looked pretty overwhelmed playing against men in the KHL. I don't see him as being ready, just by going off that info.

Plus, the spot open is on our 3rd line. I can't see Paille being bumped up, and I can't see a rookie jumping right in there to start... Caron and Bourque are the favorites IMO.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
The question is, can he? If he returns to the OHL he has to be on the list submitted of guys who can try out, Dougie was the only OHLer the Bruins had on their list. Might get an exemption because he was playing in the KHL to start the season but I'm not sure.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:31 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Please allow me to play the Devils Advocate if you don't mind.

Read many an article and listened to many an interview where it was said that the one big difference between today's hockey and the hockey of yesterday is the lack of RESPECT players have for one another.

Now keeping that in mind, re-watch the hit by Camara and tell me he could not of let up knowing full well he could see the guy with his head down looking for the puck.

Could he not of slowed down and just let the guy kind of skate into him, would the outcome of getting control of the puck not of been the same?

I understand it's the responsibility of every player to have his head up, but is that hit no different then if someone hits someone from behind ? The player is still defenseless.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hit and jumped out of my seat and yelled. But just as quick I grabbed the crucifix that hangs around my neck and prayed the kid that was laying on the ice knocked out would be okay.

So my question is: Could this hit make you believe that RESPECT in the game has diminished ?
I think of guys like Neely and Stevens and they hit guys to hurt, not that they didn't respect them, but I never saw them pull up either...1/2 of their hits would have been penalties these days.... 3/4 for Stevens.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Not that I would know, but some people from here have told me he looked pretty overwhelmed playing against men in the KHL. I don't see him as being ready, just by going off that info.

Plus, the spot open is on our 3rd line. I can't see Paille being bumped up, and I can't see a rookie jumping right in there to start... Caron and Bourque are the favorites IMO.
I would still give him a shot to let Caron have some competition for the job. Bring Koko, Spooner, Knight (if he's healthy) and Bourque and let the best man win. Because if we gift Bourque or Caron the spot like we did with Pouliot i'm going to shoot someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
The question is, can he? If he returns to the OHL he has to be on the list submitted of guys who can try out, Dougie was the only OHLer the Bruins had on their list. Might get an exemption because he was playing in the KHL to start the season but I'm not sure.
Wasn't aware of this. I wonder how it will work since he's technically coming from the KHL but is an OHL product?

Old
12-29-2012, 02:02 PM
KrejciMVP

If Subban wins the World Junior championships, should we start him at goalie>

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
If Subban wins the World Junior championships, should we start him at goalie>
Yes, of course, because how a player does in a junior tourney is an absolute sign that he is or isn't ready for the NHL.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote