HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2012, 07:37 AM
  #576
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
P. Sharp, R. Nugent-Hopkins, R. Getzlaf, C. Perry, J. Skinner, E. Kane, J. Eberle just to name few good old canadian boys participating in the last WHC. All these are first liners in their respectiive NHL teams. It does not mean that without Crosby you always have your Z team.
Crosby, Stamkos, Toews and Tavares. Possible 4 centres in 2014. Sure we can be competitive with some of our players that DIDN'T make the playoffs that year. But if you are going to take that as an accurate judgement of Canada's talent then I can only shake my head at this .

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
  #577
Canada4Gold
Registered User
 
Canada4Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,351
vCash: 500
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned because I haven't read the entire thread, but it's the 1st time I thought about it so I'll ask

Why was he thinking about the game against Canada when it was 4 games away? Shouldn't he have been focused on Slovakia, or if not them the USA, who are arguably as good as Canada?

I know he was probably asked a question about it, but still that's not usually the type of response you hear, you usually hear something along the lines of we've got to focus on our next match not a match that is a week away.

Canada4Gold is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:47 AM
  #578
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
this thread (it's title) and what he meant and said are worlds apart.

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:50 AM
  #579
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 71,152
vCash: 500
Yakupov's been really poor so far. Dissapointed in him.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:50 AM
  #580
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekoh View Post
After the Turin Olympics I certainly remember having to read a lot of counters to the argument that the Olympics is the ultimate judge.

Funny the Olympics seem so much more important now, I wonder why that is.
Even if you can bring up any quote I made that argues against the Olympics in Turin (which I didn't) then you still don't have a good argument. And I don't think bringing up random posters that disagree with the Olympics is an effective counter (after all, isn't that what you're doing). It's not a question of nationality and if people in Canada disagree with the fact, it's about the fact itself. The fact that the Olympics are the ultimate test of best on best. Personal agendas really doesn't matter when the facts are clear.

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:51 AM
  #581
DamonDRW
Registered User
 
DamonDRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Crosby, Stamkos, Toews and Tavares. Possible 4 centres in 2014. Sure we can be competitive with some of our players that DIDN'T make the playoffs that year. But if you are going to take that as an accurate judgement of Canada's talent then I can only shake my head at this .
Those are the guys I remebered in a second (sure there was some additional talent I just do not remeber) and they are as representative of the Canada's talent pool as any of those four centers you mentioned. Anyway the point was that the team you sent to WJH last year is by no means your Z-team.

DamonDRW is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:44 AM
  #582
Zybalto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Yakupov's been really poor so far. Dissapointed in him.
I agree,

He really needs to calm down and get back to his game instead of trying to do it all himself. He actually has gotten himself into good positions to set up opportunities but keeps taking the shots himself. He should have cared less about the goalless streak in the first two games as he'll probably pot one or two against the Germans.

Zybalto is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:57 AM
  #583
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,270
vCash: 500
His effort is there, problem is, he`s trying to do it all himself, and putting forth that effort with an ineffective approach as many have stated. Why the coaches haven`t sat his arse down a shift or two after yet another attempt to stickhandle his way through 5 opponents is beyond me, it isn`t as though the Russians are absent other exceptionally talented players.

ODAAT is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 09:44 AM
  #584
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Actually its called charging...
Are you referring to the Camara hit? Then you are incorrect. They can call it whatever they want to justify the ejection from the game - but that is not charging!

Davebo is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 09:49 AM
  #585
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekoh View Post
After the Turin Olympics I certainly remember having to read a lot of counters to the argument that the Olympics is the ultimate judge.

Funny the Olympics seem so much more important now, I wonder why that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Good point
Hmmm - suddenly the WJC is popular in russia. I wonder why that is???


Tit. For. Tat. son....

Davebo is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
  #586
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
This is what I am talking about.
That probably gets a call (minor for roughing) if the player doesn't act like he was shot. That humiliates the refs.

I know. I ref. If you are going to try and make me look bad by embellishing, I am not helping you at all today.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 12:54 PM
  #587
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Hmmm - suddenly the WJC is popular in russia. I wonder why that is???


Tit. For. Tat. son....

Since when is the WJC 'popular' in Russia?

Zine is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 02:25 PM
  #588
Sentinel
Registered User
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybalto View Post
He really needs to calm down and get back to his game instead of trying to do it all himself. He actually has gotten himself into good positions to set up opportunities but keeps taking the shots himself. He should have cared less about the goalless streak in the first two games as he'll probably pot one or two against the Germans.
He must have heard your pleas

Sentinel is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 02:30 PM
  #589
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
This is what I am talking about.
Sure that's a dirty play and worthy of a penalty on Connolly, but aren't you embarrassed by how the Russian player acted like he was shot? That's just embarrassing.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 02:55 PM
  #590
Zybalto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
He must have heard your pleas
Yup, and the first one he potted was because he made a sweet setup pass and hammered in the rebound. Thats more like it.

So pumped for Canada/Russia.

Zybalto is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 04:01 PM
  #591
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Yakupov's been really poor so far. Dissapointed in him.
Looked really good today.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  #592
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I hope Yakupov keeps his head up so he doesn't get Nailed by a Canadian player and thus have to spend days whining about it

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 04:05 PM
  #593
fredligh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iceland
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I hope Yakupov keeps his head up so he doesn't get Nailed by a Canadian player and thus have to spend days whining about it
Ye it would be nice with some alternative whining instead of just the canadians...

fredligh is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:23 PM
  #594
Sentinel
Registered User
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Sure that's a dirty play and worthy of a penalty on Connolly, but aren't you embarrassed by how the Russian player acted like he was shot? That's just embarrassing.
Diving is a far lighter crime than injuring somebody.

Sentinel is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:25 PM
  #595
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Sure that's a dirty play and worthy of a penalty on Connolly, but aren't you embarrassed by how the Russian player acted like he was shot? That's just embarrassing.
Many would say no because if he draws a penalty, it is worth acting like that.

Sad but true. Me, I would rather take home a silver than act like that.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
  #596
canuck2010
Registered User
 
canuck2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Just sayin' I'd rather play against a guy who was physically nasty than a guy who takes the net off it's moorings for the last two minutes of a game.

Different standards and beliefs of what is weasel play is I guess.

canuck2010 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:32 PM
  #597
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Diving is a far lighter crime than injuring somebody.
Where's the injury? Also if you injure a player while playing within the rules of the game then there is no crime at all.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
  #598
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Diving is a far lighter crime than injuring somebody.
If you step on the ice, you accept that you may be injured by a clean hit. This is as much a part of the game as the puck to a Canadian player.

No player accepts that he may lose because of cheating. It goes against everything a Canadian player is taught from birth. That is why you see the outrage about it here.

You may choose to disagree with it, and that is your right. But just so you know, that is how we are taught to look at this game, culturally speaking. Some people in Canada have different opinions, but this is the predominant viewpoint with our culture, and explains the anger you see when dives take place...even when our own players do it.

I also understand the viewpoint that diving and faking injury is acceptable if it produces a victory, and I understand those that feel this way have the right to do so. I disagree, but I "get it".

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:34 PM
  #599
canuck2010
Registered User
 
canuck2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Diving is a far lighter crime than injuring somebody.
I really don't think that was a very serious roughing penalty in the scheme of things.

canuck2010 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
  #600
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,140
vCash: 500
Canadians are tough, gritty, Russians are dirty and diving machines.

Both are skilled.

Kimota is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.