HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators Playing Elsewhere During The Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Kentti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFG View Post
8-1 against the local rivals, it must be nice to be a Jokerit-fan today!
It sure is but still it's a bitter sweet win because this was the last time Jokerit fans will see King Erik play in Jokerit jersey. I believe I read from somewhere that if the whole NHL season is cancelled, he's going to play in Sweden for the rest of the season.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Orange Thunder

My new user title correlates with today's events

Old
12-29-2012, 11:45 AM
JFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
It sure is but still it's a bitter sweet win because this was the last time Jokerit fans will see King Erik play in Jokerit jersey. I believe I read from somewhere that if the whole NHL season is cancelled, he's going to play in Sweden for the rest of the season.
Was there any extra thank you from Jokerit (club or fans) towards Erik?

Old
12-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Kentti

I have to thank for this rare opportunity that we were able to see Erik play in my team. He'll always be a Jokerit player no matter what and thanks to him I'll be cheering for Ottawa when he plays for your team.

Karlsson has given glimpses of hope and reasons to be glad even if one's personal life has been challenging to say the least. This is hockey at its best. And I don't even like Swedes so this is a big big compliment.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Joker View Post
Im speechless, Ottawa Senators you have a new fan in me. Erik.. He is a very special player, Världens bästä Karlsson, Kung Erik! JOKERIT!
Welcome to the Sens board.

So, how many points for King K so far?

Old
12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Faerun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFG View Post
Was there any extra thank you from Jokerit (club or fans) towards Erik?
sadly they weren't shown on the broadcast but i think the jokerit club gave him some presents for his time in jokerit and the fans were giving him a standing ovation at the end of the game well the standing ovation was shown but nothing else (bad english sorry )

Old
12-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Orange Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Welcome to the Sens board.

So, how many points for King K so far?
I believe 35 points in 31 games

Old
12-29-2012, 11:58 AM
No1Joker

Yes and the arena dj played Erik's 'Världens bästa Karlsson' song couple times in the game and they showed Erik on the titantron. Also, Eteläpääty (Jokerit Fan Club) singed Erik's song many times in the game. At the end of the game the whole Jokerit team gathered in front of Eteläpääty and they put Erik infront to taunt them and chant him. Also the organization gave him presents after the game etc. Atleast Jarmo Kekäläinen is trying his best to make him come back if the lockout continues.

SPEECHLESS!!

Old
12-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Kentti

Karlsson's stats today and in SM-liiga (SM means Suomen mestaruus = Finnish Championship).

DEC 29, 2012: HIFK @ Jokerit 1 - 8
G 1, A 4, P 5, +/- +1, S 17, PIM 0, TOI 26:47

Karlsson after 30 games: G 9, A 25, P 34, +/- +12, S 248, PIM 24, average TOI 25:06.

Highlights in a few hours, tops.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Asquaredx2

Thanks for everything, Kentti

Old
12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Got to say. You've got one fine kid right there.

There have been some NHLers this year, like Valtteri Filppula (short stint), Mikko Koivu (short stint), Antti Niemi, Jussi Jokinen among others. But Karlsson is the one who made an IMPACT.

Ant through the years some elite defencemen have played here. Like Timonen, Nummelin (European level elite, yes), Rafalski, Zidlicky (did I say that?! Yes, he was an elite..). And still. Karlsson made a HUGE IMPACT in so short of time.

Great great player. Congrats.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:37 PM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
Got to say. You've got one fine kid right there.

There have been some NHLers this year, like Valtteri Filppula (short stint), Mikko Koivu (short stint), Antti Niemi, Jussi Jokinen among others. But Karlsson is the one who made an IMPACT.

Ant through the years some elite defencemen have played here. Like Timonen, Nummelin (European level elite, yes), Rafalski, Zidlicky (did I say that?! Yes, he was an elite..). And still. Karlsson made a HUGE IMPACT in so short of time.

Great great player. Congrats.
He's taking it easy too. Just chillin'

Karlsson = World MVP

Old
12-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Thanks for everything, Kentti
It has been a pleasure reporting how Karlsson, Turris and Winchester have been playing in Finland. Hopefully the lockout ends and there's no need to report on Ottawa players in Finland. But if the season is cancelled then I hope that some Ottawa players find their way to the Finnish Elite League.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
17 shots in the game as well.
When IFK had 19

Amazing game from a amazing player!

Erik won over the Jokerit fans hearts just in 3 months and will be membered here for a long time... I will follow Sens more closer in the future for sure because of this "Illusionist"

This song was played in the arena and fans had a chant from it many times during the game

Old
12-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Joker View Post
Yes and the arena dj played Erik's 'Världens bästa Karlsson' song couple times in the game and they showed Erik on the titantron. Also, Eteläpääty (Jokerit Fan Club) singed Erik's song many times in the game. At the end of the game the whole Jokerit team gathered in front of Eteläpääty and they put Erik infront to taunt them and chant him. Also the organization gave him presents after the game etc. Atleast Jarmo Kekäläinen is trying his best to make him come back if the lockout continues.

SPEECHLESS!!
Best way to make him stay is bags of money distributed over the course of a mutually agreed upon length of time.

Fun to watch others enjoy him when we can't. You guys appear to understand our relentless praise of him. Sometimes we have to force ourselves to stop. Lots of really talented players but I'd say the way he goes about it is unique at present.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Stife

Tack Erik! <3

Old
12-29-2012, 01:12 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
I don't know getting completely shut down by New York in the playoffs probably did not help. It will be interesting to see how Karlsson works in the NHL now that everyone will be marking him on a nightly basis. The more confidence the better in my opinion.
Except that he was the best defenseman for Ottawa in the series.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Stife

Few words from Karlsson at the end aswell.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Kentti

And highlight reel from today's Karlsson's last game in Jokerit jersey is here: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/videot/media/498736

Erik's assists to Jokerit's first, second, seventh and eight goal. His goal is Jokerit's fifth goal. Enjoy some Karlsson magick.

And check out Jokerit's first goal by Nordlund. Nordlund is definitely not an offensive defenseman but boy was it a goal! "From a coast to coast, across the seven seas," sings Iron Maiden.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Kentti

Old
12-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Except that he was the best defenseman for Ottawa in the series.
Agreed.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:40 PM
suomi12

King Erik Karlsson, what a player.
Looking forward to watch his games in Ottawa when the lockout ends.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:50 PM
2Cowen

Karlsson is a King among Kings!

That being said, I have no doubt that Karlsson will improve as he ages but like some posters have mentioned. teams will be keying on him much much more in the future. Hopefully he can keep his frustration to a minimum because I remember he took a lot of retaliation penalties last season.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Kentti

Here's the article that states that Karlsson will play in Sweden if the whole NHL season is cancelled.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15993282.ab

Erik Karlsson to play in Elitserien

Finished with sejouren in Finland

Tomorrow plays Erik Karlsson last game of the Finnish Jokerit.

After traveling the world's best Karlsson back to Sweden while waiting for information about what happens to the NHL season.

It is set, he wants to play in Elitserien.

- The league has always said they will let us play in the top division of the entire NHL season is canceled, says hill to Vetlanda-Posten.

Last year was appointed Erik Karlsson to the NHL's best back after 19 goals and 78 points in 81 games. After it became clear that there was lockout in the NHL, he wanted to Frölunda.

When the plan went to pieces he ended up instead in Finnish Jokerit where he accounted for 27 points in 28 games.

In an interview with Vetlanda-Posten, which hockeysverige.se aware of, says Karlsson of time in Finland, and the desire to now play in Elitserien.

- It is very similar to hockey in Sweden. But the interest in hockey in Finland is higher than it is in Sweden. There is not another sport to compete with real either, says Erik Karlsson Vetlanda-Posten.

Keeps doors open

Yesterday, it was clear that Karlsson does not renew the contract with the Finnish club, which expires next year.

- I felt it was time to wait for what happens. Hopefully I can go back to Ottawa soon, but I want to keep all options open, says Erik Karlsson.

The last game tomorrow

Instead go Erik Karlsson back to Sweden where he will await information about what happens to the NHL season. And the star back open for play in Elitserien - the NHL season is canceled.

- The league has always said they will let us play in Elitserien if the entire NHL season is canceled, says defenseman.

Tomorrow's game against HIFK become Karlsson's last in Jokerit.

Old
12-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Finnpin

^^ It's Aftonbladet... not the most reliable source... And like in Stife's video above Erik says Jokerit is still option for him if the lockout continues.

Closed Thread