50 greatest tag teams in WWE

Old
12-29-2012, 12:30 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I honestly don't remember many Brainbusters matches other than the one where Haku or Andre interfered to help them win the belts and when Rick Martel walked out on Tito Santana. I know they fought the Harts once, and it was nothing special. They just seemed like a missed opportunity, and only ended up in the Whiff because of a fight with WCW management.
They fought the Hart Foundation more than once. They also wrestled The Bulldogs and The Rockers in some incredible matches. IIRC, they had some good work against The Strike Force, as well (not their WM match).

They had a 4-5 month title reign in '89 and were the first Tag Team to hold the Tag Titles in both major organizations.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 12-29-2012 at 12:38 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:16 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Bad list. They should have the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, Furnas & Lafon, Public Enemy, and the Dream Team on it. The Bulldogs should be #1. Oh, and they used a picture of the Can-Am Connnection in place of Strike Force.

Last edited by WilderPegasus*: 12-29-2012 at 04:04 PM.
WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:07 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Legacy is too high.

DX and Road Warriors are too low.

I'd put both Air Boom and Hell No in there before I put Miz/Morrison on the list.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Bad list. They should have the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, Furnas & Lafon, Public Enemy, and the Dream Team on it. The Bulldogs should be #1. Oh, and they should have used a picture of the Can-Am Connnection in place of Strike Force.
First thing I thought of when I saw Strike Force was "Where's the Can-Am Connection?"

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:42 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Bad list. They should have the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, Furnas & Lafon, Public Enemy, and the Dream Team on it. The Bulldogs should be #1. Oh, and they used a picture of the Can-Am Connnection in place of Strike Force.
No, that was Rick Martel and Tito Santana they showed. Correct picture.

Public Enemy's tenure in WWF was a joke (they got shot on in one match against APA), and as good as Furnas and Lafon could have been, they did nothing to merit being on the list. Good call on Valentine and Beefcake, that was a big team in their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
First thing I thought of when I saw Strike Force was "Where's the Can-Am Connection?"
Seriously, they lasted like six months.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Ozz

Quote:

Public Enemy's tenure in WWF was a joke (they got shot on in one match against APA), and as good as Furnas and Lafon could have been, they did nothing to merit being on the list. Good call on Valentine and Beefcake, that was a big team in their time.

Seriously, they lasted like six months.
I just thought of them, didn't mean they should be on the list. Although they were pretty much Strike Force 1.0.

The Dream Team was mentioned in the writeup for one of the other teams, so I was kinda surprised that they weren't on there somewhere.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:06 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Ca-Am Connection lasted about 8-months, but they were together for well over a year. Just that they formed in the AWA before coming to WWF.

Strike Force was together for about 1 1/2 years, but Martel was "injured" for a good chunk of that.

McMahon loved Martel - he wanted to do a lot bigger things with him, but Martel lost his face when he lost his brother in wrestling. I think he basically wrestled because he knew how, he loved it, and as honor to his brother. But I don't think he dedicated himself as much to it because of that. He always wanted to get out and do something else. That's why he'd be around for 6-months and then gone or 6-months, etc, etc.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:27 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:

That is Tom Zenk on the left and Rick Martel on the right.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Ozz

Quote:

That is Tom Zenk on the left and Rick Martel on the right.
That's Tito. Zenk wasn't that scrawny (and he didn't have a face like Tito Santana). The tiny bit of lightning bolt you can see on Martel's trunks was during Strike Force anyway, not CAC.