HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

IIHF reffing is a joke MOD WARNING: Post 144

Old
12-29-2012, 02:36 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
lipon's suspended because of his own stupidity. he's lucky he only got a game. blaming lipon's suspension on the refs or mikus is ridiculous.
Mikus embellished it to get a longer call. I agree Lipon's hit was incredibly stupid and deserves the 1 game suspension though, but Mikus flopping like a fish out of water like he had been killed was disgraceful and anyone who applauded that should be embarrassed.

12-29-2012, 02:38 PM
KulleKing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
I'm assuming you feel the same about the Camara hit?
No, as referees agreed it was a charge. In my opinion just to injure the player.

KulleKing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I hope team Canada continues to impose a physical punishment on their opponents. It's the way we play our game and we aren't going to change it just because a few players from other countries don't want to keep their head up, or can't handle the physicality of a contact sport.
The fan in me makes me want the same thing. I hope they keep "punishing" (punishing for what?) their opponents and keep getting game misconducts. Hopefully their opponents cash in on power plays.

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KulleKing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybalto View Post
He followed through with his leg. It's like a more extreme version of Getzlafs hit on Mikus (theres a familiar name) in the WC, which Getzlaf was thrown out of the game for.
Getzlaf tried to injure the player with actually hitting on the knee while the slovak just had his leg out there.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I think it's YOU who is doing the complaining. I, for one, feel it's perfectly OK to give game misconduct if the player leaves the game because of the injury. Clean or not.
And yes, I don't like Ovy or Kasper. I think I've said it many, many times.
So if a player slips on the ice, goes skate first into another player and lacerates his calf, thus eliminating him from the game to injury, you think it's okay to give a game misconduct in this instance too?

I can't believe you actually said that you endorse giving a game misconduct to a player who committed a clean act. Perhaps you need a refresher on the definition of "misconduct"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/misconduct

mis·con·duct (ms-kndkt)
n.
1. a. Behavior not conforming to prevailing standards or laws; impropriety

Now, how can you hand out a misconduct penalty to a player who DID conform to prevailing standards/laws (the rulebook)? In this case, Camara's hit was clean, so that implies that he did conform to the rulebook. So where is the justification?

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:42 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
The fan in me makes me want the same thing. I hope they keep "punishing" (punishing for what?) their opponents and keep getting game misconducts. Hopefully their opponents cash in on power plays.
Actually I'm hoping that the next referee won't be such a pansy and won't kick out a player for making a clean hit. As an added bonus, I would like to see penalties issued to players who flop on the ice acting like they were shot in response to a slight tap on their pads. Boy oh boy wouldn't that stir up some controversy over there...

Old
12-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulleKing View Post
No, as referees agreed it was a charge. In my opinion just to injure the player.
Nice doublethink.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 4792
The reffing seems to be a bit better at the Spengler Cup then the World Juniors.

Killahpunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Getzlaf tried to injure the player with actually hitting on the knee while the slovak just had his leg out there.
And it gets better!

Old
12-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Dustin Peener
The real Iceman

vCash: 5450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Apparently, reffing is a joke at every level of hockey all over the world. Maybe everyone should just accept that hockey is a very hard sport to officiate?
This is HFBoards we are talking about here

You're dreaming

Dustin Peener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
And you don't think just leaving his leg out there was an intent to injure Scheifele?

Old
12-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Well, one official skated right up to him and told him to his face that it was a clean check (before the meeting they had while dude was being stretchered off), and the referee 15 feet away didn't even raise his hand for a penalty after seeing it so close-up, so... not even consensus among the on-ice officials on the Camara hit. Glad the IIHF at least showed that you're still allowed to separate player from the puck using your body, and chose not to issue Camara any supplementary discipline.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:49 PM
KulleKing*

Quote:
And you don't think just leaving his leg out there was an intent to injure Scheifele?
No, I don't think so. He did not move his feet, I guess he did not have the time to react. Getzlaf adjusted his heading to hit the slovak on the knee. You really can't see the difference?

Old
12-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Maybe you should check those hits on youtube and do a little comparison! That is if you are capable of being objective.
Getzlaf is far closer to a full body check than Rapac's. Rapac cuts across Schiefele while Mikus is the one cutting on Getzlaf.

Old
12-29-2012, 02:53 PM
KulleKing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
Getzlaf is far closer to a full body check than Rapac's. Rapac cuts across Schiefele while Mikus is the one cutting on Getzlaf.
Rapac went straight on and did not even move his feet to hit scheissele, Getzlaf turned towards the player with a bent knee. Gee...

Old
12-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Hynh

Blatant knee first hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVeNe6uLuvg&#t=29s

Slovak cutting to avoid being hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad8amQlXKa8&#t=56s

Quote:
scheissele
At least I take the effort to spell the player's name right.

Old
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
KulleKing*

Quote:
Dude you can't be serious. Please tell me this is a lame attempt to troll because if you seriously think the act committed by the Slovak player was not worthy of a penalty (missed call) then I have no idea what to say. How can you justify penalizing a clean hit committed by Camara, yet ignoring an attempted knee-on-knee that did connect I have no idea. Complete loss for words here.
A lot of words for a person who is in loss for words. Scheifele jumped on the slovaks leg and Camara saw an opportunity to injure a player, lifted his hands to hit the kid on the head and jumped. If you take a look, you will notice that both of his skates are off the ice.

Old
12-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Hynh

Quote:
A lot of words for a person who is in loss for words. Scheifele jumped on the slovaks leg and Camara saw an opportunity to injure a player, lifted his hands to hit the kid on the head and jumped. If you take a look, you will notice that both of his skates are off the ice.
His hands were tucked and his feet on the ice until a massive collision caused them to move. Or maybe they have different physics in Europe?

Old
12-29-2012, 03:03 PM
helgo

Yeah what a disgrace by Mikus for not standing up right after getting elbowed to the head like every good canadian boy would. And how dare he play if he feels better and thankfully doesn't have concussion? He should just sit out the rest of the period just to make all posters from Canada feel better.
And about Scheifel? Side-stepping in the last second like that kinda get you into bad position, it's not like Slovak player deliberately extended his leg, that leg was there right from the start, it was faul, but IMO not even close to suspension worthy.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:12 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Your interpretation of the call is wrong. It wasn't charging...Camara glided into the Slovakian player. He didn't "charge up" his stride to make a bigger impact.

Also, it's quite telling that there was no call until the stretcher came out (and that an official even told Camara it was a clean hit). Seems a lot like the officials only made a call because a player got hurt. Stupid officiating.
There is no right or wrong here. It's all subjective and based on interpretation. I didn't like the hit. I thought it was overly aggressive and entirely unnecessary. He wasn't trying to separate the Slovak from the puck. He was trying to rip his head off.

He most definitely came a long way to hit this guy. I don't like the way the refs huddled up after the fact to make the call they didn't make in the first place, but I had no problem with the call in general. This hit was a vicious attempt to steam roll over a vulnerable player. This isn't the NHL, the rules are applied differently, and the interpretation of those rules is entirely subjective. IMO the right call was made even though they didn't get it right initially.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post

He most definitely came a long way to hit this guy.
Stand on the goal line. Skate hard to the blueline. Glide to the opposite goal line and hit someone. You have come a long way to make a hit, was that charging?

Old
12-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
He wasn't trying to separate the Slovak from the puck. He was trying to rip his head off.
If that was actually the case, he could have tried harder, and kept his shoulder up in the head region instead of dropping it into his chest... but he didn't. He also could have taken some extra strides... but he didn't. He also could have lunged into the hit... but he didn't.

All in all, pretty bad attempt to take a head off, if that's your claim of his intent.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Zybalto

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
Yeah what a disgrace by Mikus for not standing up right after getting elbowed to the head like every good canadian boy would. And how dare he play if he feels better and thankfully doesn't have concussion? He should just sit out the rest of the period just to make all posters from Canada feel better.
And about Scheifel? Side-stepping in the last second like that kinda get you into bad position, it's not like Slovak player deliberately extended his leg, that leg was there right from the start, it was faul, but IMO not even close to suspension worthy.
If Mikus is really as hurt as he made out, he's not coming back for the game, let alone the next shift....and stop defending extremely dangerous play just because it's a member of your own country. That knee was nasty.

Zybalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Atomos2
Attitude problems

vCash: 543
I see the Camara hit somewhat similar to this Dion Phaneuf hit which actually looks more violent resulting in no penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3ij0TSqAc

Could probably guarentee this hit is a game misconduct in the WJC.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote