HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
12-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Dreakon

vCash: 500
Really is pointless playing as the Sabres in Online Versus Mode.

The only reason they have a decent rating is Miller, and the goaltenders are so easily exploited that it makes that a wash. Other than him it's one decent line and a bunch of slow/small/easily knocked over players. Immediate disadvantage.

Sigh...

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:22 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
anyone found a fix for NHL 13 randomly crashing with "disc unreadable" errors?
i've tried other people's CDs, gamestop CDs...same problem, and my xbox reads my other games just fine...
Same problem. Completely random I think. Bizarre.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:36 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzy19 View Post
It's cause Malkin, Ovie, etc all have NHL contracts and have played in the NHL(atleast that's how I see it) and Afinegenov, Radulov, Federov and Morozov are there because they played for Russia during the Olympics so they are on Russia's roster.
More specifically, all of the above have active NHLPA memberships and therefore EA is allowed to put them in the game.

Yakupov is simply in limbo until the lockout ends.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:10 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
More specifically, all of the above have active NHLPA memberships and therefore EA is allowed to put them in the game.

Yakupov is simply in limbo until the lockout ends.
Yakupov is on the Sarnia Sting roster for NHL 13. Plus a lot of other players drafted in 2012 such as Morgan Rielly and etc are on their Canadian Hockey League team roster in the game. So does it really make a difference or are you referring to their status in NHL 14? If so couldn't you just add them onto their NHL team because that's something I would do if it's possible.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:05 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Yakupov is on the Sarnia Sting roster for NHL 13. Plus a lot of other players drafted in 2012 such as Morgan Rielly and etc are on their Canadian Hockey League team roster in the game.
You're referring to the factory default rosters, right? If so, then Yakupov, Reilly, etc would have been covered by either the NHLPA or CHL licensing agreement at the time the rosters were made. Since then, Yakupov for example has gone to the KHL where he is no longer covered under any licensing agreements; therefore he "disappeared" when the rosters were updated. Reilly has been in the WHL so he should still be in the game.

Aside from some of the more obscure junior players who might truly have been overlooked, the main problem here is the damn lockout. Nobody knows when it will end, and until recently there's been constant speculation that a deal is right around the corner, so EA has probably not been eager to risk wasting time on a dramatic roster overhaul that might only be good for 2 weeks. And then you have all these young guys who fall through the licensing cracks, plus guys moving in and out of leagues. It's a nightmare. I'm sure EA isn't just forgetting the #1 overall pick in their roster updates... if anything, they're probably getting pretty pissed off that their product is suffering for reasons beyond their control.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:39 PM
LilySmoov

Is there a good or sensible reason why an amateur team is getting matched up with an elite team in the playoffs?

LilySmoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:24 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilySmoov View Post
Is there a good or sensible reason why an amateur team is getting matched up with an elite team in the playoffs?
Its EA. Does that count?

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 10:19 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Thinking of returning it. True my team is rebuilding (Ottawa), but some of the stuff is just ridiculous. I'm more frustrated in a very long time and I HATE frustrating games.

1) EA somehow manage to make AI even dumber in this game. Why would the open effin defenseman decide to wrap the puck around the boards at 100 MPH to my other defenseman which is coveredby 2 players which leads to a goal.

2) Why would EA allow my AI defenseman take the puck after a faceoff across the net with two guys on him leading to a goal.

3) Why would EA allow my defender in front of my net to hold onto the puck during a PK when three opposing players forecheck me leading to a goal.

4) Why does Lehner and Karlsson suck in this game? Lehner only has 3½ potential and Karlsson is THE worst 88 (currently in my game) overall in the world.

5) Why wouldn't EA allow my 88 overall defender to actually play defense. There is no point in keeping Karlsson because he effin sucks on defense and majority of his shots get blocked.

6) Why does the opposing team score every time I lose a faceoff?

7) Why does EA put a defender as a centre on a 5v3, which then makes me lose the faceoff leading to a goal.

8) In Gm Connect when one of my players gets an injury, why does EA convert my lines back to best line available?

9) In Gm Connect why doesn't EA allow me to keep my team's strategy?

10) Why does my goaler allows let in shortside goals? I don't believe Lovejoy has 99 shooting accuracy.

11) In Gm connect why isn't there a draft review?

12) Why does EA allow computers AI get the puck after I knocked the player down?

13) Why does EA allow computer AI players to hit simultaneously which leads to them having possession?

14) Why did EA make such a ****en passing system?

15) Why does EA make my AI teammates go into the zone and lose the puck in seconds?

16) Why does EA make my teams AI on PP go into full retard mode?

17) Why does EA allow my teams AI shoot the puck at the worst times?

18) Why does EA allow my teams AI go full retarded when I pull the goaler?

19) Why does EA's hitting system allow Gerbe destroy Phillips, but when I try to destroy Ennis with the same player, I bounce right off leading to a goal?

20) Why does EA allow players like Crosby, Fleury, Thornton, and St. Louis to go on waivers?

21) Why does EA allow teams to get rid of their very good prospects to free agency?

22) Why do teams always want to trade me their 1st for my best players?

23) Why does EA allow the trading system do quantity over quality trades and I can get computer's best players for nothing?

24) Why is it when it's actually a fair trade it won't go through?

25) Why does EA allow so many teams sign RFAs, when in reality it is very rare?

26) Why does EA have a terrible music selection?

27) Why can't my goalers save a beach ball while I cannot score on 40ish shots?

28) Why is it so hard for EA to fix the colour palette for the teams?

29) When making a team with custom players why does EA have to make duplicate players?

30) In Gm Connect why is it so hard to change the goalers helmet?

31) In all modes why is it so hard to keep the goaler pads design and just switch the colours from team to team?

32) Lastly why does EA make cool ideas and then ruin it with completely **** mistakes?

Last edited by S E P H: 12-28-2012 at 10:25 PM.
S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Propane Nightmares
Dearly Beloved

I'll add to your list:

Why doesn't EA understand the goalie interference rule?

I was just playing offline gm mode and Orpik checks Brian Boyle from behind and as a result Boyle fell and slightly nudged Fleury who was easily able to get set again for a shot and I scored but it was disallowed and Boyle was given a penalty

And why do my AI players always take ****** interference penalties?

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:23 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Thinking of returning it. True my team is rebuilding (Ottawa), but some of the stuff is just ridiculous. I'm more frustrated in a very long time and I HATE frustrating games.

1) EA somehow manage to make AI even dumber in this game. Why would the open effin defenseman decide to wrap the puck around the boards at 100 MPH to my other defenseman which is coveredby 2 players which leads to a goal.

2) Why would EA allow my AI defenseman take the puck after a faceoff across the net with two guys on him leading to a goal.

3) Why would EA allow my defender in front of my net to hold onto the puck during a PK when three opposing players forecheck me leading to a goal.

4) Why does Lehner and Karlsson suck in this game? Lehner only has 3½ potential and Karlsson is THE worst 88 (currently in my game) overall in the world.

5) Why wouldn't EA allow my 88 overall defender to actually play defense. There is no point in keeping Karlsson because he effin sucks on defense and majority of his shots get blocked.

6) Why does the opposing team score every time I lose a faceoff?

7) Why does EA put a defender as a centre on a 5v3, which then makes me lose the faceoff leading to a goal.

8) In Gm Connect when one of my players gets an injury, why does EA convert my lines back to best line available?

9) In Gm Connect why doesn't EA allow me to keep my team's strategy?

10) Why does my goaler allows let in shortside goals? I don't believe Lovejoy has 99 shooting accuracy.

11) In Gm connect why isn't there a draft review?

12) Why does EA allow computers AI get the puck after I knocked the player down?

13) Why does EA allow computer AI players to hit simultaneously which leads to them having possession?

14) Why did EA make such a ****en passing system?

15) Why does EA make my AI teammates go into the zone and lose the puck in seconds?

16) Why does EA make my teams AI on PP go into full retard mode?

17) Why does EA allow my teams AI shoot the puck at the worst times?

18) Why does EA allow my teams AI go full retarded when I pull the goaler?

19) Why does EA's hitting system allow Gerbe destroy Phillips, but when I try to destroy Ennis with the same player, I bounce right off leading to a goal?

20) Why does EA allow players like Crosby, Fleury, Thornton, and St. Louis to go on waivers?

21) Why does EA allow teams to get rid of their very good prospects to free agency?

22) Why do teams always want to trade me their 1st for my best players?

23) Why does EA allow the trading system do quantity over quality trades and I can get computer's best players for nothing?

24) Why is it when it's actually a fair trade it won't go through?

25) Why does EA allow so many teams sign RFAs, when in reality it is very rare?

26) Why does EA have a terrible music selection?

27) Why can't my goalers save a beach ball while I cannot score on 40ish shots?

28) Why is it so hard for EA to fix the colour palette for the teams?

29) When making a team with custom players why does EA have to make duplicate players?

30) In Gm Connect why is it so hard to change the goalers helmet?

31) In all modes why is it so hard to keep the goaler pads design and just switch the colours from team to team?

32) Lastly why does EA make cool ideas and then ruin it with completely **** mistakes?
This. You pull your goalie, the other team gets the puck, and all the AI players skate back, don't pressure the puck, and just allow the player to take the puck down the ice and score. It's ridiculous. Luckily, I rarely have to pull my goalie, but it's frustrating when you have no choice and that's how the AI responds.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Greeningfan14

I'll ad to all your lists:

Why can't EA make a hockey game?

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
getyourselfsomerest

Yeah this game is fantastic offline. Though I would suggest turning off waivers. It just makes things so much better. Carolina always ends up putting one of E.Staal/J.Staal/McBain on waivers. Only once did I have a problem through 5 seasons of simming with waivers off. Tavares was put on Bridgeport for a whole season because the Isles signed a lot of guys. But otherwise it's fine.

The fighting is terrible though. And it's not like they can't make it better. I was playing NHL 04 and the fighting in that game is fantastic. There are body punches and blocking so it's much more rewarding when you win a fight. I'm sure they'll reintroduce this kind of fighting in the near future and call it a "new feature". pathetic.

getyourselfsomerest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:03 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Wow, just played Fifa 13 Manager mode and i couldn't believe that the same company made Fifa 13 and NHL 13.

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:40 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
You're referring to the factory default rosters, right? If so, then Yakupov, Reilly, etc would have been covered by either the NHLPA or CHL licensing agreement at the time the rosters were made. Since then, Yakupov for example has gone to the KHL where he is no longer covered under any licensing agreements; therefore he "disappeared" when the rosters were updated. Reilly has been in the WHL so he should still be in the game.
Yes I was referring to the factory default rosters. As for when the rosters are updated since I don't subscribe to Xbox Live I don't get those updates when they happen and personally it's not a huge concern for me.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:52 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Wow, just played Fifa 13 Manager mode and i couldn't believe that the same company made Fifa 13 and NHL 13.
How hard is it to play NHL gm now? For me, I honestly can't play NHL without feeling how much of an empty shell it is after playing FIFA.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Just scored the dirtiest shootout goal!

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Greeningfan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post

The goal you scored with Ribeiro was better IMO.

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheLehner View Post
The goal you scored with Ribeiro was better IMO.
I like this one better, but it's probably because I just learned how to do the hybrid spin.

Old
12-29-2012, 04:06 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
How hard is it to play NHL gm now? For me, I honestly can't play NHL without feeling how much of an empty shell it is after playing FIFA.
Same feeling here.

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post

That wasn;t even good

You just did a bunch of dekes in open ice for no reason

Baarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
That wasn;t even good

You just did a bunch of dekes in open ice for no reason
The focus of the goal is supposed to be how I finished it.

The dekes beforehand might seem kind of pointless, but would you have like it better if I just skated directly at the goalie and then did that move?

Old
12-30-2012, 12:14 AM
RussianRocket10

Got to play OTP with Johnny Superbman tonight. He's a pretty cool guy. Played one game on his team and then got into a 2nd one later but some troll was goalie on the other team so everyone quit out of that game and Johnny left.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:24 AM
chris96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Fifa manager mode is awesome except that it always freezes 3 or 4 years in, without fail. Nothing fixes it. It is incredibly fustrating to have to restart your career all the time. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th new manager mode.

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:35 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Yes I was referring to the factory default rosters. As for when the rosters are updated since I don't subscribe to Xbox Live I don't get those updates when they happen and personally it's not a huge concern for me.
Then in a sense, you're better off than some of the folks who got screwed by the lockout. Your rosters are still wonky in some places, most of which are easily fixed, and at least you have Yakupov.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Got to play OTP with Johnny Superbman tonight. He's a pretty cool guy. Played one game on his team and then got into a 2nd one later but some troll was goalie on the other team so everyone quit out of that game and Johnny left.
Did you ask him when he's going to upload?

No seriously, he hasn't in a week.