HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Czech Republic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2012, 11:07 AM
  #151
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
this thing is irritating me so much

pass to blue line and shot to the first player (and usualy break) .. and again and again and again ... every powerplay atleast 2 times
did u forget that last years team lost 0-5 to canada AND finland and still was able to do good things in that tournament. 1 game means nothing here

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
  #152
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
did u forget that last years team lost 0-5 to canada AND finland and still was able to do good things in that tournament. 1 game means nothing here
I'm not saying we must win every match .. but I'd like to see our boys fight against every team

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:31 AM
  #153
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Well, hopefully SZĽH people have enough sense not to let you guys poach him

But, I was really negatively surprised by Czech performance today just as I was positively surprised by the Slovak one.
Slovaks already impressed me week ago against Czech team in Havlickuv Brod. They outplayed Czechs(barring first ten minutes of the game). On other hand Czechs already played poorly in that game. And Bartosak was actually pretty bad.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:01 PM
  #154
Frantisek
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
They have to change almost everything. This is so bad. As I watched the game for the second time, I just realized how many mistakes the did in passing, boths defenders and forwards. Some of the forwards worked really hard in their offensive zone, challenging the swedish players and fighting by the boards, but they were just unable to complete two simple passes.

Frantisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:42 AM
  #155
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 536
vCash: 200
Good game by us today, we deserved the win. Hertl was fantastic. Line 1 with Jaskin-Hertl-Hyka was the best today. Disappointed so far with Faksa and Frk, they haven't really shown what's in them yet. Bartosak was solid. I was really impressed with our play along the boards and the way we cycle the puck- it looked good. We seem to have a better defense than I thought we did, which was probably the most surprising revelation today. I also like the way we played physically.

If we keep improving each game like this we've got a good shot at third place.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:02 AM
  #156
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Good game by us today, we deserved the win. Hertl was fantastic. Line 1 with Jaskin-Hertl-Hyka was the best today. Disappointed so far with Faksa and Frk, they haven't really shown what's in them yet. Bartosak was solid. I was really impressed with our play along the boards and the way we cycle the puck- it looked good. We seem to have a better defense than I thought we did, which was probably the most surprising revelation today. I also like the way we played physically.

If we keep improving each game like this we've got a good shot at third place.
Agreed.
But I think Frk was solid. He just doesn't get that much support from his linemates. I liked him against Sweden already. Faksa is pretty disappointing for me as well (at least his offensive performance).
Really good defense today. I was pleasantly surprised with Urbanec. Hrbas with another good game. Musil and Pavelka big improvent compared to first match.
First line was excellent.
Also, great team effort by Sedlak and Svihalek.
And not to forget, Vrana was really good with his limited ice time. The guy is really one of the biggest czech talent in a while.
Still, we shouldn't overrate this result and prepare properly to the next game against Latvia.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:22 AM
  #157
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Yeah, they played well today, but the lack of finish is still a problem. Hopefully it will change in the right time.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
  #158
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 536
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Yeah, they played well today, but the lack of finish is still a problem. Hopefully it will change in the right time.
Yeah, we just don't seem to produce players who can actually shoot well....

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:10 AM
  #159
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 536
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Still, we shouldn't overrate this result and prepare properly to the next game against Latvia.
Exactly. A win against Latvia would put us in the QF (correct me if I'm wrong) and then we don't have to worry so much about beating the Swiss (which I hope we do as it would give us an "easier" position for the QF). Switzerland's result against Sweden seems to prove that Sweden aren't anything special this year, unless of course the Swiss are pretty good this year.

In any case, we'll need to watch out against both of our next opponents.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:22 AM
  #160
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Exactly. A win against Latvia would put us in the QF (correct me if I'm wrong) and then we don't have to worry so much about beating the Swiss (which I hope we do as it would give us an "easier" position for the QF). Switzerland's result against Sweden seems to prove that Sweden aren't anything special this year, unless of course the Swiss are pretty good this year.

In any case, we'll need to watch out against both of our next opponents.
It´s almost the very same result that the game between Switzerland and Sweden had last year when Sweden won the whole tourney in the end, so it is hardly saying much.

Today´s Czech performance was much more what I expected and it is a step in the right direction, but it is too early to tell and the situation in the group is far from resolved.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
  #161
Frantisek
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Agreed.
But I think Frk was solid. He just doesn't get that much support from his linemates. I liked him against Sweden already. Faksa is pretty disappointing for me as well (at least his offensive performance).
Really good defense today. I was pleasantly surprised with Urbanec. Hrbas with another good game. Musil and Pavelka big improvent compared to first match.
First line was excellent.
Also, great team effort by Sedlak and Svihalek.
And not to forget, Vrana was really good with his limited ice time. The guy is really one of the biggest czech talent in a while.
Still, we shouldn't overrate this result and prepare properly to the next game against Latvia.
Faksa has been solid in my eyes. Quite strong on the puck and skated well; good back checking. He is not so dominant as some perhaps expected, but he did a good job for his team today.
But the player of the match, even although he didn't score, was Tomas Hertl. He was so dangerous with almost every shift and that moves from the corner in the 2nd period were just amazing! Reminded me Jagr in his best. Jaskin also excellent with his strenght and psysicallity and Hyka with his acceleration.

Frantisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:52 AM
  #162
Hemsky001
Registered User
 
Hemsky001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Matěj Beran has received a one game suspension after a careless cross check to the head on Finland forward Joel Armia. He'll miss the game against Latvia.

Hemsky001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:54 AM
  #163
QnebO
Registered User
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky001 View Post
Matěj Beran has received a one game suspension after a careless cross check to the head on Finland forward Joel Armia. He'll miss the game against Latvia.
I already thought that it went trought. That was clear one, but 1 game is enough, Armia only had minor injury didin't clearly affect playing.


Last edited by QnebO: 12-29-2012 at 05:00 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:08 AM
  #164
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky001 View Post
Matěj Beran has received a one game suspension after a careless cross check to the head on Finland forward Joel Armia. He'll miss the game against Latvia.
Does it mean, that Tomeček goes to the roster ?

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:37 AM
  #165
TNT8592
Registered User
 
TNT8592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SAN JOSE
Country: United States
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
so what do you guys all think about Hertl?

TNT8592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:56 AM
  #166
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
so what do you guys all think about Hertl?
on this tournament or overall?

on this tournament (we've played only 2 matches) he's our best forward Í'd say

and overall? I like watching him play ... he's one of those players you never know what he will do ... he's quite big center with great hands ... we didn't have such a talented young player playing in our league for a years (probably since Hudler) ... he has all abilities to be star in NHL I'd say and he was so lucky he was drafted by San Jose, he fits perfetctly to their organization and to current roster


Last edited by Mirinho: 12-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:57 AM
  #167
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
so what do you guys all think about Hertl?
Probably the best Czech prospect since Voracek. Fantastic talent with great offensive skills and size. He'll be a great NHLer for years to come.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
  #168
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500


time 18 sec ... his typical attack and goal scoring position I love it .. it looks so easy when it's done by skilled players

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:32 AM
  #169
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post


time 18 sec ... his typical attack and goal scoring position I love it .. it looks so easy when it's done by skilled players
Wow.

He reminds me a ton of Jagr. Not very fast, but has elite hockey sense and hands. He's big and has legs like tree trunks like Jagr too. I find that Hertl and Stransky play similar games, it's a shame he wasn't selected to the team. Hertl is obviously quite a bit better, but Stransky is still a very good player.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
  #170
helgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I find that Hertl and Stransky play similar games, it's a shame he wasn't selected to the team. Hertl is obviously quite a bit better, but Stransky is still a very good player.
It's not like Stransky wasn't selected because of his play, he simply wasn't allowed to participate in the tourney because HC Vitkovice won't let him play. Same thing with Nedomlel and HC Slavia Praha.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:25 AM
  #171
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
It's not like Stransky wasn't selected because of his play, he simply wasn't allowed to participate in the tourney because HC Vitkovice won't let him play. Same thing with Nedomlel and HC Slavia Praha.
Someone posted an article a while back and it said something along the lines of Stransky not being eligible, but that the suspension could have been fought. However nobody felt he was good enough to warrant fighting to have him made eligible.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:48 AM
  #172
helgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Well yeah, it was an article from blog and author was a journalist from Denik Sport. Not really credible source, but yeah, guy was pretty much right. With Mrazek, there was a lot of pressure on Vitkovice from CSLH, media and from what i heard, even current national coach Hadamczik was involved. Still, that situation was only an exception, so, if the kids play overseas and came from Vitkovice, dont expect them to make the roster unless they are a new Jagr or Hasek. Guys like Polasek or Stransky simply have a bad luck.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:58 PM
  #173
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
It's not like Stransky wasn't selected because of his play, he simply wasn't allowed to participate in the tourney because HC Vitkovice won't let him play. Same thing with Nedomlel and HC Slavia Praha.
Prerost has never liked Stransky. Since U16. He doesn´t consider him as good player.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:47 PM
  #174
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Prerost has never liked Stransky. Since U16. He doesn´t consider him as good player.
I know nothing about it. It just makes me wonder why. Is it something personal? A guy drafted and signed by NHL team who puts up big numbers in WHL - not a good player? And in this stage of czech junior hockey?

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
  #175
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Prerost has never liked Stransky. Since U16. He doesn´t consider him as good player.
I wonder why though. He selected Petr Beranek for the team and Stransky scored almost 3 times as many points as he did last year and is also better defensively and on the boards. Why wouldn't they fight to have their second or third highest scoring CHLer on the roster? He would be a huge addition to the second line.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.