HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Czech Republic

Old
12-26-2012, 11:07 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
this thing is irritating me so much

pass to blue line and shot to the first player (and usualy break) .. and again and again and again ... every powerplay atleast 2 times
did u forget that last years team lost 0-5 to canada AND finland and still was able to do good things in that tournament. 1 game means nothing here

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Mirinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
did u forget that last years team lost 0-5 to canada AND finland and still was able to do good things in that tournament. 1 game means nothing here
I'm not saying we must win every match .. but I'd like to see our boys fight against every team

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Well, hopefully SZĽH people have enough sense not to let you guys poach him

But, I was really negatively surprised by Czech performance today just as I was positively surprised by the Slovak one.
Slovaks already impressed me week ago against Czech team in Havlickuv Brod. They outplayed Czechs(barring first ten minutes of the game). On other hand Czechs already played poorly in that game. And Bartosak was actually pretty bad.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Frantisek
Rookie User

They have to change almost everything. This is so bad. As I watched the game for the second time, I just realized how many mistakes the did in passing, boths defenders and forwards. Some of the forwards worked really hard in their offensive zone, challenging the swedish players and fighting by the boards, but they were just unable to complete two simple passes.

Frantisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:42 AM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Good game by us today, we deserved the win. Hertl was fantastic. Line 1 with Jaskin-Hertl-Hyka was the best today. Disappointed so far with Faksa and Frk, they haven't really shown what's in them yet. Bartosak was solid. I was really impressed with our play along the boards and the way we cycle the puck- it looked good. We seem to have a better defense than I thought we did, which was probably the most surprising revelation today. I also like the way we played physically.

If we keep improving each game like this we've got a good shot at third place.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:02 AM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Good game by us today, we deserved the win. Hertl was fantastic. Line 1 with Jaskin-Hertl-Hyka was the best today. Disappointed so far with Faksa and Frk, they haven't really shown what's in them yet. Bartosak was solid. I was really impressed with our play along the boards and the way we cycle the puck- it looked good. We seem to have a better defense than I thought we did, which was probably the most surprising revelation today. I also like the way we played physically.

If we keep improving each game like this we've got a good shot at third place.
Agreed.
But I think Frk was solid. He just doesn't get that much support from his linemates. I liked him against Sweden already. Faksa is pretty disappointing for me as well (at least his offensive performance).
Really good defense today. I was pleasantly surprised with Urbanec. Hrbas with another good game. Musil and Pavelka big improvent compared to first match.
First line was excellent.
Also, great team effort by Sedlak and Svihalek.
And not to forget, Vrana was really good with his limited ice time. The guy is really one of the biggest czech talent in a while.
Still, we shouldn't overrate this result and prepare properly to the next game against Latvia.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:22 AM
zorz

Yeah, they played well today, but the lack of finish is still a problem. Hopefully it will change in the right time.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Yeah, they played well today, but the lack of finish is still a problem. Hopefully it will change in the right time.
Yeah, we just don't seem to produce players who can actually shoot well....

Old
12-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Still, we shouldn't overrate this result and prepare properly to the next game against Latvia.
Exactly. A win against Latvia would put us in the QF (correct me if I'm wrong) and then we don't have to worry so much about beating the Swiss (which I hope we do as it would give us an "easier" position for the QF). Switzerland's result against Sweden seems to prove that Sweden aren't anything special this year, unless of course the Swiss are pretty good this year.

In any case, we'll need to watch out against both of our next opponents.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:22 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Exactly. A win against Latvia would put us in the QF (correct me if I'm wrong) and then we don't have to worry so much about beating the Swiss (which I hope we do as it would give us an "easier" position for the QF). Switzerland's result against Sweden seems to prove that Sweden aren't anything special this year, unless of course the Swiss are pretty good this year.

In any case, we'll need to watch out against both of our next opponents.
It´s almost the very same result that the game between Switzerland and Sweden had last year when Sweden won the whole tourney in the end, so it is hardly saying much.

Today´s Czech performance was much more what I expected and it is a step in the right direction, but it is too early to tell and the situation in the group is far from resolved.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Frantisek
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Agreed.
But I think Frk was solid. He just doesn't get that much support from his linemates. I liked him against Sweden already. Faksa is pretty disappointing for me as well (at least his offensive performance).
Really good defense today. I was pleasantly surprised with Urbanec. Hrbas with another good game. Musil and Pavelka big improvent compared to first match.
First line was excellent.
Also, great team effort by Sedlak and Svihalek.
And not to forget, Vrana was really good with his limited ice time. The guy is really one of the biggest czech talent in a while.
Faksa has been solid in my eyes. Quite strong on the puck and skated well; good back checking. He is not so dominant as some perhaps expected, but he did a good job for his team today.
But the player of the match, even although he didn't score, was Tomas Hertl. He was so dangerous with almost every shift and that moves from the corner in the 2nd period were just amazing! Reminded me Jagr in his best. Jaskin also excellent with his strenght and psysicallity and Hyka with his acceleration.

Frantisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Hemsky001

Matěj Beran has received a one game suspension after a careless cross check to the head on Finland forward Joel Armia. He'll miss the game against Latvia.

Hemsky001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:54 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky001 View Post
Matěj Beran has received a one game suspension after a careless cross check to the head on Finland forward Joel Armia. He'll miss the game against Latvia.
I already thought that it went trought. That was clear one, but 1 game is enough, Armia only had minor injury didin't clearly affect playing.

Last edited by QnebO: 12-29-2012 at 05:00 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky001 View Post
Does it mean, that Tomeček goes to the roster ?

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:37 AM
TNT8592

so what do you guys all think about Hertl?

TNT8592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Mirinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
on this tournament or overall?

on this tournament (we've played only 2 matches) he's our best forward Í'd say

and overall? I like watching him play ... he's one of those players you never know what he will do ... he's quite big center with great hands ... we didn't have such a talented young player playing in our league for a years (probably since Hudler) ... he has all abilities to be star in NHL I'd say and he was so lucky he was drafted by San Jose, he fits perfetctly to their organization and to current roster

Last edited by Mirinho: 12-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old
12-29-2012, 08:57 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
Probably the best Czech prospect since Voracek. Fantastic talent with great offensive skills and size. He'll be a great NHLer for years to come.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Mirinho

time 18 sec ... his typical attack and goal scoring position I love it .. it looks so easy when it's done by skilled players

Old
12-29-2012, 09:32 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post

time 18 sec ... his typical attack and goal scoring position I love it .. it looks so easy when it's done by skilled players
Wow.

He reminds me a ton of Jagr. Not very fast, but has elite hockey sense and hands. He's big and has legs like tree trunks like Jagr too. I find that Hertl and Stransky play similar games, it's a shame he wasn't selected to the team. Hertl is obviously quite a bit better, but Stransky is still a very good player.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I find that Hertl and Stransky play similar games, it's a shame he wasn't selected to the team. Hertl is obviously quite a bit better, but Stransky is still a very good player.
It's not like Stransky wasn't selected because of his play, he simply wasn't allowed to participate in the tourney because HC Vitkovice won't let him play. Same thing with Nedomlel and HC Slavia Praha.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:25 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
It's not like Stransky wasn't selected because of his play, he simply wasn't allowed to participate in the tourney because HC Vitkovice won't let him play. Same thing with Nedomlel and HC Slavia Praha.
Someone posted an article a while back and it said something along the lines of Stransky not being eligible, but that the suspension could have been fought. However nobody felt he was good enough to warrant fighting to have him made eligible.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:48 AM
helgo

Well yeah, it was an article from blog and author was a journalist from Denik Sport. Not really credible source, but yeah, guy was pretty much right. With Mrazek, there was a lot of pressure on Vitkovice from CSLH, media and from what i heard, even current national coach Hadamczik was involved. Still, that situation was only an exception, so, if the kids play overseas and came from Vitkovice, dont expect them to make the roster unless they are a new Jagr or Hasek. Guys like Polasek or Stransky simply have a bad luck.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
Prerost has never liked Stransky. Since U16. He doesn´t consider him as good player.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:47 PM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Prerost has never liked Stransky. Since U16. He doesn´t consider him as good player.
I know nothing about it. It just makes me wonder why. Is it something personal? A guy drafted and signed by NHL team who puts up big numbers in WHL - not a good player? And in this stage of czech junior hockey?

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I wonder why though. He selected Petr Beranek for the team and Stransky scored almost 3 times as many points as he did last year and is also better defensively and on the boards. Why wouldn't they fight to have their second or third highest scoring CHLer on the roster? He would be a huge addition to the second line.