HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Couturier + Coburn for Yakupov + Teubert

Old
12-29-2012, 02:38 PM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardocAgain View Post
At this point, I'm beginning to think Flyers wouldnt even trade Couterier for Stamkos. Quickly becoming most overrated player on HF.
If you watched Malkin/Crosby and the Penguins dominate Richards/Carter and the Flyers for years, you would understand why everyone from Philly is so high on Couturier. He outplayed the league MVP head to head as a 19 year old in a huge pressure situation. I know it has been said a hundred times but that is the reason why he is held in such high regard. When he fills out his frame, gets some actual wingers, and gains experience he is going to be a star in this league. The best wingers he had all year were Read and Talbot, and that was for a short amount of time. Malkin/Stamkos/Crosby would have trouble putting up points with Zac Rinaldo, Harry Zolnierceyck, and Jody Shelley as their wingers.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
The same could be said for Kreider.
I don't see how they're correlated.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardocAgain View Post
At this point, I'm beginning to think Flyers wouldnt even trade Couterier for Stamkos. Quickly becoming most overrated player on HF.
I don't understand this.

Yakupov is completely unproven prospect.

Stamkos has scored 45 or more goals three times before the age of 23.

One of them is a very good future piece, the other is a bona fide superstar and among the 5-10 best players in the world.

What the heck do they have in common?

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:24 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

vCash: 50
I think Flyers fans will gladly hold on to Coburn and Overrated Couturier.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:34 PM
TOGuy14

As a Leaf fan this is terrible for the Flyers.

The difference between Yak and Couts is not Coburn vs Teubert.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:50 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Lol no...
Right now, Couturier should have WAY more value than Yakupov. An 18 year old that put up 27 points in 77 games while playing on the 4th line and being one of the best defensive forwards on the team if not the league. His potential might not be as high as Yakupov but he will be a more important piece to a team than Yak will.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
As an 18 year old, his defensive play was the best out of ANY Flyers forward.

He was such an invaluable piece last year.

"Sean Couturier looked like he belonged in the NHL almost from day 1. His coach seemed to agree, and Couturier was trusted to play in high-leverage defensive situations despite the fact that he was "just" an 18 year old rookie. Couturier was often on the ice against the other team’s first or second scoring line at even strength, and was often paired with fellow rookie Matt Read on the team’s first or second PK unit. This kind of usage for an 18 year old rookie has to be pretty rare."

http://www.hockeyanalytics.com/Resea...harts_2012.pdf

He averaged almost 3:00 mins (2:41 exactly) of PK time a game last year. For comparison, the next highest 2011 draft rookie was Landeskog at 1:20 per game.

9th in rookie scoring while primarily playing with bottom 6 linemates (most frequent linemates were Talbot and Rinaldo last year).

He hasn't even scratched the surface of his offensive potential. His offense is continuously underrated because he "only" put up 27 points last year, but a lot of times people don't understand the situation he was in.
Just to state a fact, he was 18 for 2 months of the season. He's currently 20 years old.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:25 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I don't understand this.

Yakupov is completely unproven prospect.

Stamkos has scored 45 or more goals three times before the age of 23.

One of them is a very good future piece, the other is a bona fide superstar and among the 5-10 best players in the world.

What the heck do they have in common?
Both scoring wingers from Sarnia drafted #1 overall with Stamkos setting a scoring record that was then broken by Yakupov. Theres a few.

KidLine93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:27 PM
KidLine93

Serious question. Who do flyer fans value more. Couts or B.Schenn

KidLine93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Roo Mad Bro
Morin & Hägg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Just to state a fact, he was 18 for 2 months of the season. He's currently 20 years old.
Yeah.

He was 18 in his first NHL game, banner night in Boston, when he took a d-zone faceoff with around a minute to go protecting a 1 goal lead.

He won the faceoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
I think most, not all, value Couturier more.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Couts.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:39 PM
laundryman

Coburn is the Flyers most untouchable d-man right now. When he's on his game, he's a great #2 guy. They wouldn't trade him with Timonen getting old, Schenn still being a question mark and no NHL ready stud prospects waiting.

Offense is not the problem for the Flyers. This deal does nothing for the Flyers but hurt the overall team defense which is the only thing the Flyers should be addressing via trade

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:52 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Couts.
Countdown to B.Schenn to Oilers thread begins.

@topic: If the Flyers were to trade one of B.Schenn or Couturier it would be for an upgrade on defense. Either a top-end prospect straight up or an already established #1 guy in a package.
Other than in this scenario, the Flyers really have no need to trade on of those.
And with L.Schenn now in Philly, B.Schenn isn't going anywhere.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:30 PM
MardocAgain

Despite all the talk of The flyers needs, I believe you always take the better player and I think most scouts would tell you that yakupov will definitely be the better player.

MardocAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:39 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
This. Exactly

Couturier > Yakupov

AINEC
swing and a miss

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:11 PM
nitz

vCash: 543
Quote:
This. Exactly

Couturier > Yakupov

AINEC
Hahaha. You sound like a senile old man. Give me a break. Holmgren would do that trade without thinking twice about it.

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Qrispy

lol. 1 season and some people are already labeling Couturier as one of the best defensive forwards in the league? Talk about overrated.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Couts has more value. Schenn is more untouchable with his brother being here.

That said Coburn > both of them. I'm not even mad Couturier is in a proposal I am that Coburn is in multiple proposal's on the first page of this board though. He plays a position of need for the Flyers and is their best defensemen going into the season. Timonen is getting old and on the last year of his deal.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Coots ceiling is a guy like Kesler Yak's ceiling is a Perry or a Ovie. I think Yak holds more value in a vacuum.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:44 PM
pigpen65

Teubert has very little trade value. However, this trade should still be a no-brainer for the Flyers. Yakupov is clearly much more valuable than Couturier + Coburn.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:52 PM

If you want to win in the playoffs you take Couturier, if you want to sell seats and have an exciting player you take Yakupov.

For Buffalo I would quite easily take Couturier, the fact that he was matched up against other teams top lines as an 18 year old is unbelievable, he also has a lot of offensive potential.

Why do people think he will top out at a 2nd line center? sure he will play behind Giroux but I see no reason why he cant be a top 20 center in the league at some point.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:01 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Teubert has very little trade value. However, this trade should still be a no-brainer for the Flyers. Yakupov is clearly much more valuable than Couturier + Coburn.
It's a no-brainer that this is no from a Flyers POV.

The Flyers defense would be laughable without Coburn. I love Yakupov, but this is poor asset management. The Flyers need more defense, not less.

The only way I see B. Schenn or Couturier traded is for a #1 d-man prospect or in some package for a bonafide #1 d-man.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Roo Mad Bro
Morin & Hägg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
If you want to win in the playoffs you take Couturier, if you want to sell seats and have an exciting player you take Yakupov.

For Buffalo I would quite easily take Couturier, the fact that he was matched up against other teams top lines as an 18 year old is unbelievable, he also has a lot of offensive potential.

Why do people think he will top out at a 2nd line center? sure he will play behind Giroux but I see no reason why he cant be a top 20 center in the league at some point.
It's pretty funny. People see his 27 points and automatically assume that he is just destined to be this shutdown forward with only 50 point upside.

From a Grant Sonier ESPN article a couple months ago "The next wave of young talent: Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog lead most likely Top 25 Under 25 additions"

5. C Sean Couturier
Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), 20 years old
U-25 Ceiling: No. 5-10
Playing meaningful minutes in 2011-12 and accepting and understanding the defensive side of the game is only going to work in his favor. With size, skill and elite hockey sense, Couturier will eventually start producing numbers on par with the elite players in the league.

Yakupov was 6th.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Tyler Seguin only had 22pts in his rookie season playing 4th line minutes and was less impressive defensively than Couturier. In his second season he got 1st line minutes and led his team in scoring with 67pts.

I have no doubt that with more regular minutes and power play minutes, Couturier will put up more impressive numbers offensively. The kid will be elite both offensively and defensively soon

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
It's pretty funny. People see his 27 points and automatically assume that he is just destined to be this shutdown forward with only 50 point upside.

From a Grant Sonier ESPN article a couple months ago "The next wave of young talent: Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog lead most likely Top 25 Under 25 additions"

5. C Sean Couturier
Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), 20 years old
U-25 Ceiling: No. 5-10
Playing meaningful minutes in 2011-12 and accepting and understanding the defensive side of the game is only going to work in his favor. With size, skill and elite hockey sense, Couturier will eventually start producing numbers on par with the elite players in the league.

Yakupov was 6th.
You lost me at an ESPN article about hockey. Yakupov is easily the most underrated commodity on HF and it's really not close. I'm not sure if it's the fact that the Oilers picked him or because he's Russian or because he hasn't been overly dominant in any big tournaments but his club stats and draft status should really speak for themselves. The last time a forward taken first overall didn't turn out to be a superstar was the 90's. I'm going to say that the trend will continue until we see otherwise. Couturier is a nice player and I can see why the Flyers wouldn't do this deal. When hockey starts up again the Flyers will want to contend and Couturier is a better player on a contending team like the Flyers right now. Add in one of their top pairing defensemen and it's easy to see Flyers fans rejecting the deal; they don't need a guy like Yakupov at this stage.

But to suggest Couturier is a more valuable commodity? That's ludicrous. I see Couturier and I see Jordan Staal. That's a very good player and an elite second line C. Yakupov is the consensus best player from his draft class. Couturier didn't even go top 5 a year and a half ago and he's already the second coming? He had a nice series against Malkin but come on...

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote