HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 10:34 AM
ForestGlade
Paja Tipo Sombrero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I got my Adam Henrique Windsor Spitfires jersey with the patch for Mickey Renaud for Christmas. So ****ing happy, that was literally all I wanted.
That's awesome. So you mean the blue jersey they wear during Mickey Week? That's a stylish combo

Old
12-29-2012, 10:56 AM
KnightSpit

London Windsor Game

Just watch the replay of the game the other night and wow, like old time hockey or what ?

Wonder what the rematch will be like, one thing for sure the Knights and Spits are easily one of, if not the best of rivals. Would be great if they meet in the playoffs.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Just watch the replay of the game the other night and wow, like old time hockey or what ?

Wonder what the rematch will be like, one thing for sure the Knights and Spits are easily one of, if not the best of rivals. Would be great if they meet in the playoffs.
Your wrong it would be great for London. to meet the Spits in the playoffs because it would be an ugly sweep, if you come 8th place in the conference I wouldn't even consider it a playoff spot because it's only 4 more games of getting your *** kicked by London, spits want 7th that's where you want to be if your in the bottom of the conference.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post

It's not a rivalry when one team sucks.

Old
12-29-2012, 03:39 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Your wrong it would be great for London. to meet the Spits in the playoffs because it would be an ugly sweep, if you come 8th place in the conference I wouldn't even consider it a playoff spot because it's only 4 more games of getting your *** kicked by London, spits want 7th that's where you want to be if your in the bottom of the conference.
Agreed best hope is a 7th seed preferably against Sarnia rather than Plymouth. People who would like Windsor to meet up with London in round 1 are either London fans or masochists. Maybe the Spits could play the 1980's Edmonton Oilers as well that would be fun.

Also Otto just had a good post as well, it's not a rivalry when one team sucks.

Old
12-29-2012, 03:43 PM
OHLTG

It's still a rivalry, just not an overly competitive one.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Spitsfan67*

Wow a big game tonight a win and there 3 points up and a loss there in ninth, I really think its time to abandon ship and have a fire sale and I mean atleast half the team can be gone...keep the main pieces like Ho-sang, Sanvido, Dekort, Verbeek, Vail, Sieloff, Brown and obviously Kerby won't be traded, everyone else up for grabs and re stock with 2nd, 3rds, and 4th round picks along with 95,96 young players that have passion and potential, I know I'm probably on a Island with what I think they should but this restock and reload has been nothing more then Pathetic IMO at least. As for the game tonight I'm sorry but I have no faith in this team and I think it will be another shalaking I will say 6-3 Loss and I will get chippy as emotions start to boil. I really think where this team is right now is mostly WR fault I mean you said changes will be made about what a month in a half, two months ago now and what are you waiting for? Well it doesn't matter because he's waited way to long, if he stands pat a t desdline and thats even if we get Koko back...if he does nothing significant I'm selling off my tickets for the season, I mean it really doesn't seem like the players or the coaches/Management gives two **** about where this team is so why should I waste my time and money to watch this crap.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Libbs

FYI... the OHL Livestream for this game (and all OHL games tonight) is free.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:44 PM
OHLTG

Going to be a busy night. Spits and Saginaw at 7, then I head to work til 2, followed by Canada at 430am Lucky I got some sleep last night.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Ottomatic

Spits going with 9 forwards/three lines and 8 defencemen tonight.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Section103

Why do the Spits even have a "live" blog. Good god it sucks and it's way behind on the actual game play.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:46 PM
KyGuy9

3 goals in 54 seconds. You just CANNOT do that, especially when you had the lead, and when the game is close.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Nyax

My god does this team ever suck. Three goals against in just over a minute. And they aren't exactly playing a powerhouse.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
3 goals in 54 seconds. You just CANNOT do that, especially when you had the lead, and when the game is close.
Great period hopefully they can keep it up in the third and let in double digits...I can't wait till Monday when they start Dekort and they get slaughtered by the Whalers it will be a true New years eve treat.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
My god does this team ever suck. Three goals against in just over a minute. And they aren't exactly playing a powerhouse.
Are you just realizing this? Theyve sucked since day one of the season, there all around just a pathetic, the only person who doesn't care is Warren Rychel he really mus love what he's seeing, no need for any trades to him this team is mem cup bound.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Section103

Quote:
Are you just realizing this? Theyve sucked since day one of the season, there all around just a pathetic, the only person who doesn't care is Warren Rychel he really mus love what he's seeing, no need for any trades to him this team is mem cup bound.
Are you saying the coaching isn't suspect?

Old
12-29-2012, 08:00 PM
KyGuy9

Back to the trade. If we do trade Koko I think we would have to get a player that has the potential to get the points in the future that Koko can now. If it was a deal with Oshawa:

To Oshawa:
Pavelka
Khokhlachev
Maletta
Bateman

To Windsor:
Sebastien Uriva (just a throw-in import like Pav last year)
Tyler Hore
Dan Altshuller
Michael Dal Colle (Untouchable?)
Cole Cassels

I think this would be fair for both teams. As Oshawa wants to win this season with the last season of Jenner, Biggs, possibly Laughton, etc. In the future, Michael Dal Colle could likely be as good or better than Koko ever was, but as I said Oshawa wants to win this season. So it would be like Koko for Dal Colle. Pavelka would be for Altshuller. Last season Altshuller wouldn't stay in Belleville because he wanted action. That's what he will get in Windsor. Pav can go there with a better team and do better than he ever did here. Uriva would be the import throw-in, like Pav was last season. Bateman and Maletta for Cassels and Hore. Both Bateman and Maletta have a chance to blossom, and Windsor would get back 2 solid players who will probably do better than they ever did in Windsor.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:02 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Are you saying the coaching isn't suspect?
Scouting/management, coaching and performance on the ice is all suspect. There needs to be more accountability for this poor play.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Section103

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Scouting/management, coaching and performance on the ice is all suspect. There needs to be more accountability for this poor play.
Totally agree.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Ottomatic

^Warren is only worried about Kerby's draft stock. He's unwilling to make any big moves because Kerby is getting his even if this team is out of the playoffs, looking at a forfeited top 5 pick.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:11 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Totally agree.
Starting to think the worst thing for this organization was making the playoffs last year. Organization seemed to think making the playoffs was a big step and that players just progressing would make this team better. Very little activity in the offseason and for the most part it was pretty much the same group and the have taken steps back. Either the players didn't put in the work during the offseason or these players just aren't good, maybe a bit of both. Can't keep saying there's talent on this team when it doesn't perform.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
^Warren is only worried about Kerby's draft stock. He's unwilling to make any big moves because Kerby is getting his even if this team is out of the playoffs, looking at a forfeited top 5 pick.
Wouldn't common sense say to do what he can to put together a stronger team in order to make Kerby look even better?

Can't wait to see how he fairs in Halifax at the Prospects game... that should really show all the flaws in his game.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Nyax

Quote:
No, I'm not just realizing this. But my god is it ever being emphasized tonight.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
No, I'm not just realizing this. But my god is it ever being emphasized tonight.
Yea thru this 5 game losing skid getting hammered every night, you think Rychel would have done something but I no what he's been waitin for and his name is Alexander Khoklachev but he won't dramatically turn around the team....this team is just pathetic and you can count on more of the same Monday.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:24 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Wouldn't common sense say to do what he can to put together a stronger team in order to make Kerby look even better?

Can't wait to see how he fairs in Halifax at the Prospects game... that should really show all the flaws in his game.
Correct but when you whiff on Webermin and Maletta, Bateman doesn't pan out. Those are 3 1st round picks between 2010-2011 and you can't recover from that. Throw in the whiff on Ionin and you get the point. Otto is probably right though next year it will be the Kerby show if the London game is any indication he will be wearing the C next year.

Closed Thread