HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group B • Dec. 28 • Russia 2, United States 1 • Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 12:15 PM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

vCash: 500
So, does anyone know where I can see the Russian-US game?

I can't get it on the TSN web-site.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
What's the story on this one by the way? Has he ever been offered?

I think him and possibly Barkov would have made the team. Yashkin - very doubtful.
I think the whole thing is strange. Gally is definitly more Russian than American, he talks to his parents and family in Russian and so forth. I don't think his heart so much belong in America as much as him liking the US way of life too much.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:33 PM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I think the whole thing is strange. Gally is definitly more Russian than American, he talks to his parents and family in Russian and so forth. I don't think his heart so much belong in America as much as him liking the US way of life too much.
I thought the same thing too. Besides, on Team USA, he is the star - especially up front. On Team Russia... not so much.

Let's be honest, if you had a kid who was a dual citizen and he could play for either Canada/US or Russia/US, the smart money would be on playing for the U.S. You have a better chance of standing out. You would more likely be put at the head of the class.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
I thought the same thing too. Besides, on Team USA, he is the star - especially up front. On Team Russia... not so much.

Let's be honest, if you had a kid who was a dual citizen and he could play for either Canada/US or Russia/US, the smart money would be on playing for the U.S. You have a better chance of standing out. You would more likely be put at the head of the class.
I respect his choice more if he chose to play for US because he thinks that's where his heart lies. I wouldn't really respect his decision if he chose it for the purpose of exposure, or chance to play, or to affect his draft.

If you're Russian at heart- play for Russia and represent your country/ where you learned to play hockey. If you're doing it for the betterment of your career- I wouldn't want him on the National team.

No one really knows which is the case. Maybe both.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
So, does anyone know where I can see the Russian-US game?

I can't get it on the TSN web-site.
I posted it the other day.
You can watch it in English here, just skip through the video to find the match.
http://www.justin.tv/furby17/b/351845158

Or in Russian here
http://mnogosporta.org/hokkey/sborny...a-b-video.html

Closed Thread