HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs Lounge XCII - The Beer and Liquor Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
  #801
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
January 23rd .. I just get a bad feeling about it all after with what happened with my ex in the summer, so it's tough to sit and wait .. I miss her a lot though ah well

I've got hockey at 9:30 tonight, and will probably have some beers after .. I plan on staying up to watch the Canada-US game which is at 2:30am my time
Damn that's long. Don't sweat it though, this one sounds great man. Older too, no? Not some immature 19 year old, so keep yer head up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Just wondering....why don't you guys use Facebook or MSN or AIM to chat?
MSN/AIM? No one uses that anymore.

/ We still like to keep our personal identity albeit we know most of each others names.

Lounge is a great place to post all the time, but someone can probably come up with a better answer.

SeenSchenn2 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:38 PM
  #802
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
/ We still like to keep our personal identity albeit we know most of each others names.

Lounge is a great place to post all the time, but someone can probably come up with a better answer.
Ah okay. Just wondering cuz I always seem to see the same people at in the last post thingy on the main page.

Personal identities are key.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 05:43 PM
  #803
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 16,825
vCash: 500
I love NBA 2K13's soundtrack

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 06:32 PM
  #804
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 500
My roommate is a self-absorbed idiot .. I'm watching the Canada-Slovakia recording in the living room because I haven't watched it, even though I've seen all the highlights .. And once he realizes this he asks if I really have to watch it. Finally after the second period, once Canada scores he nags about it being deleted, so I do. And we go back to watching TV .. I get up to go take a leak, and come back to him playing his PS3 .. Uggh

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 06:57 PM
  #805
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 69,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post


Filth.
holy jesus.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 06:58 PM
  #806
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
holy jesus.
Trying it in my beer league game tonight if I get the chance

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 06:58 PM
  #807
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
What are you, and the rest of the lounge up to tonight, boys?
Just finished packing for my trip. I got clothes, hat, suntan lotion, toothbrush, bathing suit, passport, drivers liscense, health card,, credit card, cash. I think I am good. Came out to 28 pounds, how my Mom has almost 50 pounds I have no idea.

Now I am about to start streaming the Knights game. OHL has free streaming for yesterday and tonight only and the Knights game wasn't on TV so perfect

Grant is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:02 PM
  #808
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
My roommate is a self-absorbed idiot .. I'm watching the Canada-Slovakia recording in the living room because I haven't watched it, even though I've seen all the highlights .. And once he realizes this he asks if I really have to watch it. Finally after the second period, once Canada scores he nags about it being deleted, so I do. And we go back to watching TV .. I get up to go take a leak, and come back to him playing his PS3 .. Uggh
Get your own place you dummy.

Grant is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
  #809
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 16,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Just finished packing for my trip. I got clothes, hat, suntan lotion, toothbrush, bathing suit, passport, drivers liscense, health card,, credit card, cash. I think I am good. Came out to 28 pounds, how my Mom has almost 50 pounds I have no idea.

Now I am about to start streaming the Knights game. OHL has free streaming for yesterday and tonight only and the Knights game wasn't on TV so perfect
I was sad when I flipped to Rogers and the game wasn't on

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:10 PM
  #810
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I was sad when I flipped to Rogers and the game wasn't on
The vBookie event for it closed at 5 so I thought it was an early game. I flipped at 5, saw it wasn't on so I looked ahead and noticed it wasn't on TV But then I remembered OHL had free streaming for today so I did a little fist pump Watching it now. Scoreless so far about half way through the game.


****, Plymouth just took the lead. 8:14 left in the 2nd.

Knights just tied it up, one of the Ruperts scored 20 seconds after Plymouth scored It was Matt Rupert.

Knights just took the lead 2-1 6:06 left in the 2nd. Domi got that one. All of a sudden 3 goals in a little over 2 minutes.

3-1 Knights now R Rupert got that one. 1:10 left in the 2nd.


Last edited by Grant: 12-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Grant is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:27 PM
  #811
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Get your own place you dummy.
Costs more than I want to spend on living expenses

Trying a new recipe out for dinner .. Penne pasta, with bacon, spinach, and tomatoes... Should be interesting

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:31 PM
  #812
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Costs more than I want to spend on living expenses

Trying a new recipe out for dinner .. Penne pasta, with bacon, spinach, and tomatoes... Should be interesting
But then you are paying down your own mortgage instead of paying for someone else.

Man that sounds good...seriously, come to London and cook for me....For dinner I heated up some leftover spaghetti sauce and that with some pasta. Yours sounds way better.


Edit: 4-1 Knights now with 13:40 left in the 3rd. Knights with a 3 goal lead this late in the game? Make it 23 wins in a row now.


Last edited by Grant: 12-29-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Grant is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:00 PM
  #813
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
But then you are paying down your own mortgage instead of paying for someone else.

Man that sounds good...seriously, come to London and cook for me....For dinner I heated up some leftover spaghetti sauce and that with some pasta. Yours sounds way better.


Edit: 4-1 Knights now with 13:40 left in the 3rd. Knights with a 3 goal lead this late in the game? Make it 23 wins in a row now.
I need to pay off my SUV first so I don't have to make car payments while affording a mortgage

It was decent .. Bacon makes everything better You should learn how to cook, it's not very hard

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:03 PM
  #814
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
I need to pay off my SUV first so I don't have to make car payments while affording a mortgage

It was decent .. Bacon makes everything better You should learn how to cook, it's not very hard
Understandable. You went all out with your first car I guess, my first car is going to be a piece of **** so I don't have to do car payments, just but it with cash Yup, I'm cheap and that's why.

Yeah, I should

Grant is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:08 PM
  #815
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,262
vCash: 500
I love cars. Switched it up three years in a row.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:09 PM
  #816
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Understandable. You went all out with your first car I guess, my first car is going to be a piece of **** so I don't have to do car payments, just but it with cash Yup, I'm cheap and that's why.

Yeah, I should
First car? It's my second .. I really hated unexpected costly maintenance with a used car, so once my old one got written off after an accident I but that money towards a downpayment on a new SUV so that I could have a warranty and everything and not having to worry about paying for major unexpected costs. And I got an SUV because I wanted all-wheel drive to handle the winter road conditions here

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:11 PM
  #817
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I love cars. Switched it up three years in a row.
Hotwheels don't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
First car? It's my second .. I really hated unexpected costly maintenance with a used car, so once my old one got written off after an accident I but that money towards a downpayment on a new SUV so that I could have a warranty and everything and not having to worry about paying for major unexpected costs. And I got an SUV because I wanted all-wheel drive to handle the winter road conditions here
Good point about the maintenance costs...hmmm. Maybe I will buy a new car but the cheapest thing out there then

Plymouth just scored to make it 4-2. 1:44 left in the game. The goalie was pulled for that goal.
Plymouth gets a penalty shot, doesn't score. 33 seconds left in the game now. Knights have a penalty and plymouth with the goalie pulled.

And the Knights win!!!! Time to make myself a new avatar.


Edit: I love watching Idiot Abroad


Top Winners (combined bets)
RayP has won a total of 1,082,524
Krishna has won a total of 665,763
McSkittlez has won a total of 137,655
PushButton has won a total of 118,645
Grant has won a total of 90,746

Awww yeah! Probably going to lose that while I'm on vacation.


Last edited by Grant: 12-29-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Grant is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 09:29 PM
  #818
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,882
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
I need to pay off my SUV first so I don't have to make car payments while affording a mortgage

It was decent .. Bacon makes everything better You should learn how to cook, it's not very hard
Only a matter of time Bert, only a matter of time.

And if you let me live there, we can watch the games together. No complaining!

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 09:32 PM
  #819
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Only a matter of time Bert, only a matter of time.

And if you let me live there, we can watch the games together. No complaining!
I'll let you live there if you pay me rent, and half of the bills

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 09:48 PM
  #820
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Hotwheels don't count.
Aw shucks. That still leaves me with... 3.

Hurt is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 10:07 PM
  #821
kamosko
btz's best friend
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Mens League? Good luck kid

I'm going for dinner with some friends then also probably playing some outdoor puck.
In 5 games I had 28 goals, so I didn't really need luck

We won 14-10, almost every game ended in double digits so you can probably see why I scored so much

kamosko is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 10:25 PM
  #822
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
In 5 games I had 28 goals, so I didn't really need luck

We won 14-10, almost every game ended in double digits so you can probably see why I scored so much
Are you guys that good or does everybody else just suck that much

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 10:28 PM
  #823
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
My roommate is a self-absorbed idiot .. I'm watching the Canada-Slovakia recording in the living room because I haven't watched it, even though I've seen all the highlights .. And once he realizes this he asks if I really have to watch it. Finally after the second period, once Canada scores he nags about it being deleted, so I do. And we go back to watching TV .. I get up to go take a leak, and come back to him playing his PS3 .. Uggh
What a dufus. Real piece of work.

Time to "trip" and land on the PS3 with a Randy Savage Elbow Smash.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 10:33 PM
  #824
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Costs more than I want to spend on living expenses

Trying a new recipe out for dinner .. Penne pasta, with bacon, spinach, and tomatoes... Should be interesting
That sounds good. A can of cream of Mushroom soup and some parmeseasn cheese would make it amazing.

How did it turn out?

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 11:42 PM
  #825
kamosko
btz's best friend
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Are you guys that good or does everybody else just suck that much
little bit of both

i was the leading scorer of the tourney, so I got an extra $50 to the $50 each player on my team got for winning

kamosko is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.