HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo-Anaheim

Old
12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
lifeisruff

vCash: 500
Buffalo-Anaheim

Mikhail Grigorenko
Mark Pysyk
for
Ryan Getzlaf

edit
...eh maybe I should add. I keep forgetting (perhaps purposely) that Getzlaf won't be getting much more then a 2 million dollar raise.

I just want see what Grigorenko's value is.

Grigorenko
Pysyk
Tropp
Catenacci

Last edited by lifeisruff: 12-24-2012 at 12:41 AM.
lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:33 AM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Seems legit.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:51 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Oh good lord. Buffalo has to add A LOT.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Exit Dose

I'd do it if Getzlaf wanted out.

Edit: I'd want a pick added.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:17 AM
HiddenInLight

....er? I think Anneheim would require a high pick or an NHLer of good value to be added to that. Not quite enough potential to do it alone, so either a bit of potential or defined skill would need to be added. TBH I don't know that id want to trade what it would take to get Getzlaf unless he was resigned or they first allowed us to make an agreement in principal with him before the deal was made. It would be a lot to give up for a guy who might never don a sabres jersey.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Getzlaf is very unlikely to leave. It would take much more to talk Anaheim into it.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Overpayment for 3 months of Ryan plus negotiating rights .. But a conditional pick should be included if he signs with BUF

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:50 AM
VegasSabreFan

I'd rather keep Grigorenko at this point. Especially with no guarantee that Getzlaf signs.

With the added cap space we can add someone like Perry, Iginla, Morrow or Clowe who are all UFA next year.

Even on the low end I think we are better off with Grigorenko, Clowe, ~$3 million in cap space and the other pieces we wouldn't have to add then just Getzlaf.

Then again I'm sky high on Grigorenko. Two months into last season when we were at the bottom of the conference I was all over him as the guy I wanted with our potential top 5 pick and am still shocked he dropped to us.

I also don't get why all the Buffalo fans are still looking for a center right now. Hodgson is at over a point per game level in Rochester, Grigorenko has been arguably the best center in juniors, and when Ennis was healthy centering Foligno and Stafford it was the best line we iced all year. I think its a no brainer to give the kids we have a chance before bringing anyone else in.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
I'd rather keep Grigorenko at this point. Especially with no guarantee that Getzlaf signs.

With the added cap space we can add someone like Perry, Iginla, Morrow or Clowe who are all UFA next year.

Even on the low end I think we are better off with Grigorenko, Clowe, ~$3 million in cap space and the other pieces we wouldn't have to add then just Getzlaf.

Then again I'm sky high on Grigorenko. Two months into last season when we were at the bottom of the conference I was all over him as the guy I wanted with our potential top 5 pick and am still shocked he dropped to us.

I also don't get why all the Buffalo fans are still looking for a center right now. Hodgson is at over a point per game level in Rochester, Grigorenko has been arguably the best center in juniors, and when Ennis was healthy centering Foligno and Stafford it was the best line we iced all year. I think its a no brainer to give the kids we have a chance before bringing anyone else in.
Agree with this. We're scary young at center, for sure, but more talented than we've been in a while, at least. We have 3 good young players right now who can compete with each other and push each other for that no. 1 spot. And we have 2 solid veteran top line wingers in Vanek and Pominville to help them out. Luke Adam looked fine for ~20 games sandwiched between those two. If he can do it, you gotta think one of Grigorenko/Hodgson will also be able to.
If I'm the Darcy Regier, right now my concern at center is where we can pick up a two-way/defensive vet to play on the 3rd line so none of these kids has to take tougher minutes than they can handle yet.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

If the cap winds up at 60M next year Buffalo won't be signing any UFA forwards. Capgeek has them at 49.6M having 10 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 goalie signed. Grigorenko will take up 1,775,000, Hodgson is an RFA who will likely want 3-4M, leaving about 5M for 3 defenseman and a backup goalie. Good luck fitting Perry or Iginla into that, and it's not like anyone will just happily take any dead weight contracts off your hands. You could always trade picks for cap space I suppose (assuming that's allowed).

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Tra La La

Um isn't Getzlaf a pending UFA? I would rather have Grigorenko and Pysyk for then next 7 years the Getzlaf for 50 games.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra La La View Post
Um isn't Getzlaf a pending UFA? I would rather have Grigorenko and Pysyk for then next 7 years the Getzlaf for 50 games.
Yes, I'm sure that your team would trade for him just for 50.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:55 PM

Grigorenko and Pysyk for a pending free agent who is about to make north of 7 million? doesnt make much sence for Buffalo.

Also explain to me how moving your only top 6 center makes sence to Anaheim?

Buffalo is much better off holding on to Grigorenko and see how good he can become.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:17 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
What added cap space? The cap looks like it will be reduced by 10mil next year. Even with an amnesty buyout they don't have that much space.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:21 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Grigorenko and Pysyk for a pending free agent who is about to make north of 7 million? doesnt make much sence for Buffalo.

Also explain to me how moving your only top 6 center makes sence to Anaheim?

Buffalo is much better off holding on to Grigorenko and see how good he can become.
If Anaheim would accept Grig and Pysyk for Getzlaf, you better believe Buffalo would be jumping for joy. Who is your top line center, again? Steve Ott or Nate Gerbe?

Old
12-29-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
If Anaheim would accept Grig and Pysyk for Getzlaf, you better believe Buffalo would be jumping for joy. Who is your top line center, again? Steve Ott or Nate Gerbe?
Tyler Ennis, Cody Hodgson

You clearly know nothing about the Sabres or there prospects.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:

I don't know if your post is sarcasm or just sheer stupidity. Well done.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:41 PM
capitalsrock

Lol at the guy who said Steve Ott was their #1 center and Buffalo is overpaying for a rental who may or may not sign with them and Anaheim is lucky to get anything for him if he decides to leave, which is very possible.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Lol at the guy who said Steve Ott was their #1 center and Buffalo is overpaying for a rental who may or may not sign with them and Anaheim is lucky to get anything for him if he decides to leave, which is very possible.

We will get something for him if he decides to leave.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:51 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Tyler Ennis, Cody Hodgson

You clearly know nothing about the Sabres or there prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post

I don't know if your post is sarcasm or just sheer stupidity. Well done.
It's hard to call Ennis or Hodgson prospects (if that's what you meant), and neither are close to first line centers. You are clearly in denial if you believe they are capable of playing as first line centers. Grig is the only player the Sabres have that has top line center potential, and that is no given. You clearly overrate your players and do not understand the value of a big, top line center. It's alright though, because the Ducks won't be moving Getzlaf. He already has stated he wants to resign with the Ducks and the Ducks would obviously want him back.

But in all seriousness do you believe Ennis or Hodgson are going to be good first line centers? Ennis stands at 5'9". Hodgson is a small 6', and hasn't amounted to anything so far. You have an abundance of small centers, most of whom are not even capable of the second line. Congrats for being "knowledgeable" about your own players. You have no top line center, even in fairytale land. And the only part that was sarcastic about my post was asking who your top line center was (Ott or Gerbe), but really, they are right there for the hunt for the Sabres' best center (even though Ott rarely plays C anymore). Good luck finding a real top line center.

Last edited by spiny norman: 12-29-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: not needed
Old
12-29-2012, 09:02 PM
DisneyDucky

Quote:
It's hard to call Ennis or Hodgson prospects (if that's what you meant), and neither are close to first line centers. You are clearly in denial if you believe they are capable of playing as first line centers. Grig is the only player the Sabres have that has top line center potential, and that is no given. You clearly overrate your players and do not understand the value of a big, top line center. It's alright though, because the Ducks won't be moving Getzlaf. He already has stated he wants to resign with the Ducks and the Ducks would obviously want him back.

But in all seriousness do you believe Ennis or Hodgson are going to be good first line centers? Ennis stands at 5'9". Hodgson is a small 6', and hasn't amounted to anything so far. You have an abundance of small centers, most of whom are not even capable of the second line. Congrats for being "knowledgeable" about your own players. You have no top line center, even in fairytale land. And the only part that was sarcastic about my post was asking who your top line center was (Ott or Gerbe), but really, they are right there for the hunt for the Sabres' best center (even though Ott rarely plays C anymore). Good luck finding a real top line center.
You're really underrating their C's and I am pretty sure the sabre crew on this forum know their own players better then most.

I would think a ducks fan should know better then to **** on someone else center-depth.

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:

They might never be true top line centers, but they could be a good 1A/1B. Bruins fans know you don't need a top end #1 center to win the cup, the year you won the cup neither Bergeron nor Krejci broke 65 pts.

Since you mention that Ennis and Hodgson will never amount to anything, why would we risk trading our only center prospect with the most upside for a rental who would likely not stay? Makes no sense to me.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:15 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDucky View Post
You're really underrating their C's and I am pretty sure the sabre crew on this forum know their own players better then most.

I would think a ducks fan should know better then to **** on someone else center-depth.
Roy was their best center. Ennis and Hodgson I underrated a little bit. They are both quality second line centers, but Ennis got injured last year and has yet to break 50 points in a season. Getzlaf averaged .695 points/game over 82 games and Ennis averaged .702 over 48. When you consider Getzlaf was essentially in a slump all year, it is hard to make a comparison that Ennis is a top line center. Maybe a fringe first liner, but definitely not anywhere near an obvious first liner. Hodgson was just about as offensively productive as S Koivu, with less defensive awareness, so for the most part that's a wash.

Also, what difference would it make if the Ducks center depth is thin? Wouldn't that make it easier to spot another team with similar issues? I don't see your point, as I am not defending the Ducks center depth. All I am saying is Getzlaf is a sure thing first line center, and Ennis and Hodgson are not. If the Sabres are serious about making a playoff run soon, they need to either hope one of the two really steps up or they need to go out and get a real first line center that could influence the outcome of a game all by himself.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:25 PM

Ahh the classic l lost that debate so I must correct someone's grammar on an internet forum, kinda pathetic

Whats even worse is that you probably have a smartphone and know that auto correct doesnt always pick the right word.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:28 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
They might never be true top line centers, but they could be a good 1A/1B. Bruins fans know you don't need a top end #1 center to win the cup, the year you won the cup neither Bergeron nor Krejci broke 65 pts.

Since you mention that Ennis and Hodgson will never amount to anything, why would we risk trading our only center prospect with the most upside for a rental who would likely not stay? Makes no sense to me.
It's very hard to compare Bergeron and Krejci to Ennis and Hodgson. Both Bergeron and Krejci have proved themselves. Ennis and Hodgson would be lucky to get to their status. I'm not trying to bash them or anything; I'm just trying to be realistic.
You have at least brought up good points. Getzlaf won't be moved, but hypothetically Buffalo would be able to go hard after him, like Regier has done with other FAs. I obviously wouldn't advise trading your two top prospects for a rental, but you can't just brush it aside without the thought or without tweaks. You always will have "what ifs". What if you had the shot to get Getzlaf and he ended up helping you win the cup. What if you trade Grig and he ends up being twice the player Getz is? I didn't mean to sound like if I were in Buffalo's shoes I would offer that, because I wouldn't unless I was desperate and didn't think Grig/Pysyk would live up to their hype. It's just a scenario worth thinking about given the Sabres center depth. I don't know if Ruff wants a great top line center or a 1A/1B type like you mentioned. Most of the time the 1a/1b doesn't work though. Short term vs long term. That's the question.