HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

yakupov vs huberdeau

Old
12-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Gotta be Huberdeau IMO.

12-28-2012, 12:45 PM
InjuredChoker

Slight edge to Huberdeau. He's been good to impressive every time I've seen him.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:20 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
No, teams will not overpay heavily to get Yakupov, which is why the Oilers drafted him. Nobody in the league was willing to overpay to get a smallish Russian with concussion issues who throws his body around the ice. Yakupov is pretty fearless and does play with an edge and it will cost him at the NHL level.

By the way, if Edmonton's needs are on the blueline and in net, why wouldn't you simply adjust the trade to fit the needs of your team? It would far easier for you to say that a move for Huberdeau would not involve Yakupov because you would rather see him moved for whatever goalie and defenceman you think Florida has to offer. You could also leave the Huberdeau and Yakupov components and try to add something fair from Florida's blueline and something fair from Edmonton that Florida might actually need. Horcoff? Lol.

Thanks. I no long have to worry about whether or not I need to take you seriously.

Last edited by spiny norman: 12-29-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: not needed
thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:28 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Now that this has hit the Polls and left the trade board I'd probably laugh until someone punched me in the face for not picking Yakupov.

Sure Huberdeau looks great with Hopkins.

Imagine how much better Yakupov would look with Hopkins.

Yakupov is faster, can deal with the physical game much better and his shot is way better. It's really impossible to judge who's the better playmaker, because Yakupov hasn't spent much time with snipers. I'm going to wait and see what he does with the puck when he's playing with Schultz, Hall, Eberle and Hopkins before I make any judgements on his playmaking ability.

Regardless, a 50 goal scorer is way better than some guy who puts up 50-80 assists.

If Hopkins and Yakupov were playing together at the world juniors Hopkins probably wouldn't ever bother paying attention to who or what was on his left side.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Wouldn't do it as an Oilers POV

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:39 PM
MakeTheGoalsLarger

poll should have been huberdeau vs galchenyuk

since galchenyuk is from quebec and gakchenyuk is american. it would be interesting for both canadiens and panthers

MakeTheGoalsLarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:52 PM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Love Yakupovs character, But Huberdeau really impresses me every time i watch him play. I've seen Yak play phenomenal, but most of the times ive watched him he looks overwhelmed and lost. I think Yakupov could be an amazing talent and end up much better then Huberdeau, but Huberdeau is a safer bet to be a good player in my opinion.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Thanks. I no long have to worry about whether or not I need to take you seriously.
No worries, I stopped taking you seriously a long time ago when discussing comparative values of Gagner and Cogliano...lol.

Quote:
Now that this has hit the Polls and left the trade board I'd probably laugh until someone punched me in the face for not picking Yakupov.

Sure Huberdeau looks great with Hopkins.

Imagine how much better Yakupov would look with Hopkins.

Yakupov is faster, can deal with the physical game much better and his shot is way better. It's really impossible to judge who's the better playmaker, because Yakupov hasn't spent much time with snipers. I'm going to wait and see what he does with the puck when he's playing with Schultz, Hall, Eberle and Hopkins before I make any judgements on his playmaking ability.

Regardless, a 50 goal scorer is way better than some guy who puts up 50-80 assists.

If Hopkins and Yakupov were playing together at the world juniors Hopkins probably wouldn't ever bother paying attention to who or what was on his left side.
Yakupov is not a 50 goal scorer in the NHL, nor has Huberdeau passed 50-80 assists, yet. However, Yakupov and Huberdeau are very close in terms of value. They are very different types of players, but fairly close in terms of overall value they bring to a team. Yakupov will have to play less fearlessly at the NHL level, though, or he will have a very short career. He received 2 concussions while playing with boys. Either he adapts to the NHL or he will find out men hit a lot harder.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote