HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Grabbers

vCash: 500
Challenge Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
Does anybody know why Holden Anderson is playing on the CCHL Yzerman squad and not the Robinson squad where he should be?

Is he even eligible to do that?
Anderson should have been on Team Robinsonn to begin with. Having said that he wasn't chosen for whatever reason. Maybe he wasn't available and his plans changed?

After all this he was likely added as a replacement player - and to the other division as you noted.

Yesterday Watt, Hulton, Faucher, Ammiratto were all at the challenge cup and were not initially invited. All replacements for one reason or another (ex. Norris and Quince out for awhile now while Maniccia and Byron were injured last weekend).

It really comes down to availability I would suspect. Good for Anderson to get a chance I suppose.

In early play yesterday at the All-Star Challenge Cup -Team Yzerman was up by two after the first but felll in a shootout. Team Robinson got down by four goals early and lost 5-2. Darien Plouffe was the player of the game in his match while Luke Edwards received the honour in the later match.

Both teams will need to win both their games today against Ontario League opponents or they will head home early.

IMO the two Quebec League representatives looked very strong. In the Yzerman match we were overmatched physically for most of the game. Plouffe, Hedges, Hodgson and Collins stood out in my eyes as being our best forwards.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:15 PM
oldnucks

Maybe PG wants to see if Anderson would work in his system.... hahaha

Old
12-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

IMO the two Quebec League representatives looked very strong. In the Yzerman match we were overmatched physically for most of the game. Plouffe, Hedges, Hodgson and Collins stood out in my eyes as being our best forwards.
Certainly makes you wonder how no Quebec league players were on Team Canada East?

Old
12-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Anderson should have been on Team Robinsonn to begin with. Having said that he wasn't chosen for whatever reason. Maybe he wasn't available and his plans changed?

After all this he was likely added as a replacement player - and to the other division as you noted.

Yesterday Watt, Hulton, Faucher, Ammiratto were all at the challenge cup and were not initially invited. All replacements for one reason or another (ex. Norris and Quince out for awhile now while Maniccia and Byron were injured last weekend).

It really comes down to availability I would suspect. Good for Anderson to get a chance I suppose.

In early play yesterday at the All-Star Challenge Cup -Team Yzerman was up by two after the first but felll in a shootout. Team Robinson got down by four goals early and lost 5-2. Darien Plouffe was the player of the game in his match while Luke Edwards received the honour in the later match.

Both teams will need to win both their games today against Ontario League opponents or they will head home early.

Team Robinson already home. Squeaked out one win to save face.

Team Yzerman in the semi's this afternoon. Prospects game later today as well.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Grabbers

Quote:

Team Robinson already home. Squeaked out one win to save face.

Team Yzerman in the semi's this afternoon. Prospects game later today as well.

OJHL North up 1-0 after one period. Team Yzerman relying heavily on the line of Robillard, Hedges and Collins. Tough start as a team but began to take charge later in the period.

Zawadski has been very good thus far today.

Werthner received IMO a weak head check penalty call in the corner so he is lost for the misconduct.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Grabbers

Quote:

OJHL North up 1-0 after one period. Team Yzerman relying heavily on the line of Robillard, Hedges and Collins. Tough start as a team but began to take charge later in the period.

Zawadski has been very good thus far today.

Werthner received IMO a weak head check penalty call in the corner so he is lost for the misconduct.

Yzerman wins in overtime on a pointshot blast from Anderson off a face-off win by Hedges. Robillard player of the game for us and Entmaa (goaltender for OJ North) receives it for the losers.

Yzerman to represent us in the final. Good stuff!

Strong game from Zawadski and IMO Landry on the backend - several big hits.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Grabbers

Quote:

Yzerman wins in overtime on a pointshot blast from Anderson off a face-off win by Hedges. Robillard player of the game for us and Entmaa (goaltender for OJ North) receives it for the losers.

Yzerman looses in the finals against CJHL East in a shootout. It was 0-0 after regulation. For those interested.

Last edited by Grabbers: 12-30-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old
12-29-2012, 07:26 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:

If I'm Munroe, I'd be pretty pissed off. OJHL East alternated their goalies but PG obviously is a homer by playing Zawadski back to back to back (and 4 out of 5). This should be about showcasing all players, not just your own.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 12-29-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old
12-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Macker9

I heard Munroe left for home before the final game

Old
12-29-2012, 11:05 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macker9 View Post
I heard Munroe left for home before the final game
Interesting...maybe he had the flu..it's going around, if not I'm very surprised he didn't play more...I would be pissed off....I'm hoping he had the flu.
Anyways, congrats to Yzerman, looks like Robillard had one hell of a tourney, maybe he will get a Div. 1 offer. I think hedges is o for 4 in his last shootouts.
To be clear, I just followed the tourney on the web.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Interesting...maybe he had the flu..it's going around, if not I'm very surprised he didn't play more...I would be pissed off....I'm hoping he had the flu.
Anyways, congrats to Yzerman, looks like Robillard had one hell of a tourney, maybe he will get a Div. 1 offer. I think hedges is o for 4 in his last shootouts.
To be clear, I just followed the tourney on the web.
Apparently when he was told he was not playing in final he just left, Rivers backed up in final

Old
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
KL14

PG does want he wants

Clearly, it is league issue when a coach can play the same goalie in 4 of 5 games in a show case tournament. It is too bad that the league would need to set rules for playing people fairly in a show case event but clearly PG does want he wants and the league administration does not have the balls to do anything about it.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Clearly, it is league issue when a coach can play the same goalie in 4 of 5 games in a show case tournament. It is too bad that the league would need to set rules for playing people fairly in a show case event but clearly PG does want he wants and the league administration does not have the balls to do anything about it.
Munroe shouldnt have even been in the tourny... the league makes rules on number of 92s allowed so they couldnt take another older tendy, and munroe still has another 2 cracks at it while it is zadawaski last one/year. Not everything has to be fair or they would just draw names for the all star teams and roll the lines. They made it to the finals and lost in a s/o. PG must have done something right...the further they went in this tournament the more exposure all the players get

Old
12-31-2012, 12:04 PM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
What showcase? If this was a showcase why are they loading up teams with kids who already have scholarships? What more exposure could they possibly need? It is an all star tournament, theoretically. Coach felt his best chance to win was with the other guy - and he played him.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
upinarms

Whether it was a showcase and everyone should have played or it was an allstar game and was coached to win, is irrelevant. The sad part is after what I hear happened about certain players not getting to play, I can see next year allot of players opting out. Who wants to give up their xmas holiday to sit on a bench. I only watched one game on Fast Hockey and it was coached to win. The other thing I noticed was the team that beat Yzerman seemed to play all four lines. Just an opinion from a fan who wasn't there.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Munroe shouldnt have even been in the tourny... the league makes rules on number of 92s allowed so they couldnt take another older tendy, and munroe still has another 2 cracks at it while it is zadawaski last one/year. Not everything has to be fair or they would just draw names for the all star teams and roll the lines. They made it to the finals and lost in a s/o. PG must have done something right...the further they went in this tournament the more exposure all the players get
Based on what? Have you seen his numbers? Yes, better than Zawadski and the same as Millen. As for Millen, he can't play NCAA, which is probably why he wasn't chosen.

PG was the ONLY coach who so blatantly favoured one goalie over the other. The fact that both PG and MZ are with Nepean only makes it look that much worse.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:55 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
What showcase? If this was a showcase why are they loading up teams with kids who already have scholarships? What more exposure could they possibly need? It is an all star tournament, theoretically. Coach felt his best chance to win was with the other guy - and he played him.
Show me another example of a showcase/all star tournament where 1 goalie plays 80% of the minutes. I still think it's brutal.

P.S. Think PG would have pulled this if SK was still in the league?

Old
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Show me another example of a showcase/all star tournament where 1 goalie plays 80% of the minutes. I still think it's brutal.

P.S. Think PG would have pulled this if SK was still in the league?
Could be why it was done, sk pulled some strings before he left and got 6 players on the roster when nepean (defending champs) who was in the same position as pembroke at the time got 4. If your going by goalie sv% that really shoudn't tell you much especially in this league, GAA doesnt lie though i suppose.

Last edited by oldnucks: 12-31-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old
12-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Could be why it was done, sk pulled some strings before he left and got 6 players on the roster when nepean (defending champs) who was in the same position as pembroke at the time got 4. If your going by goalie sv% that really shoudn't tell you much especially in this league, GAA doesnt lie though i suppose.
If the shots were accurate game in and game out (which they are not) then save% is much more accurate then GAA. As for Munroe not playing, I understand why it was done but do agree Munroe could have played 2 games and Zawadski could have played 3.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Based on what? Have you seen his numbers? Yes, better than Zawadski and the same as Millen. As for Millen, he can't play NCAA, which is probably why he wasn't chosen.

PG was the ONLY coach who so blatantly favoured one goalie over the other. The fact that both PG and MZ are with Nepean only makes it look that much worse.

I saw most of the games live - just not the final - and all teams seemed to be "playing to win." Not making excuses for PG but the Robinson Division played five Colts on their powerplay and many kids didn't get much icetime in their third and final game - especially in the second (and final period).

Perhaps not in net - - but all teams played their best excessively. In the end -lets face it - - coaches look after their own (and they did). Quebec and OJ teams did the same with the same kids coming out time after time. All teams were guilty of "playing to win" from what I saw. It was easy to pick up the coach's favs on each team as some played over half of the two period games.

The Yzerman division loss in overtime in the finals and in a shootout - shows that we as a league are competitive with others. Teams were serious. Make no mistake. The other clubs practiced before arrival and had a skate the evening prior in Welly. Ours skated the first morning but the weather only allowed a handful to shake the rust off.

It is possible that kids may pass on this next year as one post suggested - - but I suspect they will come because it strokes their ego.

Enought said - bring on the stretch run, any final moves in the next two weeks, and the playoffs!

Go Raiders Go!

Old
01-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Go Blaze
Rookie User

What games were you watching?

Quote:

I saw most of the games live - just not the final - and all teams seemed to be "playing to win." Not making excuses for PG but the Robinson Division played five Colts on their powerplay and many kids didn't get much icetime in their third and final game - especially in the second (and final period).

Perhaps not in net - - but all teams played their best excessively. In the end -lets face it - - coaches look after their own (and they did). Quebec and OJ teams did the same with the same kids coming out time after time. All teams were guilty of "playing to win" from what I saw. It was easy to pick up the coach's favs on each team as some played over half of the two period games.

The Yzerman division loss in overtime in the finals and in a shootout - shows that we as a league are competitive with others. Teams were serious. Make no mistake. The other clubs practiced before arrival and had a skate the evening prior in Welly. Ours skated the first morning but the weather only allowed a handful to shake the rust off.

It is possible that kids may pass on this next year as one post suggested - - but I suspect they will come because it strokes their ego.

Enought said - bring on the stretch run, any final moves in the next two weeks, and the playoffs!

Go Raiders Go!

Wow your Raider blood is blinding you.

Really?!?!! We must have been at two different tournaments then. No coach played their own more than PG. North coach Peca sat his Sr. and multi year allstar goalie Wintjes and played AURORA 94 goalie Entma in game 4. Aurora and Newmarket are arch enemies but how objective of Peca... he clearly unferstood the purpose of the tournament.

The french kids were good and deep, and they all played, goalies included. Clearly some were better than others but you saw them all...

PG was grossly biased compared to all the other coaches.

Robinson coaches left Martin in for 8 goals until he pulled himself. Munroe let in 2 goals in his game (both naked shooters) and never saw the net again. If playing to win is the primary purpose of this event then Robinson coaches didn't get the memo. They played them all were clearly not just at the rink for their own players.

PG told Munroe to be ready for game 4 after being told game 3 was z's. before Game 4 Munroe was told game 4 was Z's but "90% chance game 5 was his if we win". After game 4 Munroe was told there would be a "coaches meeting" and they'd let him know if he was playing. Before Game 5 they simply told him Z's playing.

Guess he left because PG was stringing him along. Be straight up and let the kid stay home if you aren't going to play him. All the players have better ways to spend the limited time off than to come to an event like that and be lied to / strung along. Simply ****** Bag coaching for a 'show case event'... Probably retaliation for Zawadski being yanked by SK in last years tourney.

If you recognize Keegan Harpers parents ask them what they think of the tournament...

Ben Dalpe left after 1st day for same reasons as Munroe and several other PLK players had 1 foot out the door all weekend. When Munroe was leaving Audi joked and asked him if he could come too. Ask Clitsome how his tourney went... you'll get a great answer.

I would strongly suggest the CCHL exec ask the non nepean / Ottawa players how they enjoyed the tournament.

Its not 'possible' some kids will pass on this next year, the ones I spoke with will tell the CCHL they will go home instead.

Go Kings GO

Old
01-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Ottawa Guy

Trade Deadline Approaching

January 10th is trade deadline plus all teams have to be down to 23 Junior A carded players so expect some moves opver the next 8 days. Probably the biggest move of the season was already made when SF & 73's completd thier trade. I would expect to see some 92's moved from non-playoff teams of which there are 3 at this time (GL, CU & KE). The guys I would consider as players that could help a top team are are House, Martin & Packard. Each could be effective depending upon the roles you need filled on your team. I would not classify any of these guys as guaranteed top line players but each could contribute on the 2nd or 3rd lines of the top teams along with providing somegood depth.

The next Tier (IMO) of 92's potentially available are Ouimet and Baslyk. Ouimet is already on his third team this season so that makes you wonder....and Baslyk is a hardworking player that can fill a role.

Unless there is a move involving a younger player (or one commits for next season) , or Hawkesbury or Brockville, decide to focus on the future, there does not seem to be any real game breakers that will be available.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blaze View Post
Wow your Raider blood is blinding you.

Really?!?!! We must have been at two different tournaments then. No coach played their own more than PG. North coach Peca sat his Sr. and multi year allstar goalie Wintjes and played AURORA 94 goalie Entma in game 4. Aurora and Newmarket are arch enemies but how objective of Peca... he clearly unferstood the purpose of the tournament.

The french kids were good and deep, and they all played, goalies included. Clearly some were better than others but you saw them all...

PG was grossly biased compared to all the other coaches.

Robinson coaches left Martin in for 8 goals until he pulled himself. Munroe let in 2 goals in his game (both naked shooters) and never saw the net again. If playing to win is the primary purpose of this event then Robinson coaches didn't get the memo. They played them all were clearly not just at the rink for their own players.

PG told Munroe to be ready for game 4 after being told game 3 was z's. before Game 4 Munroe was told game 4 was Z's but "90% chance game 5 was his if we win". After game 4 Munroe was told there would be a "coaches meeting" and they'd let him know if he was playing. Before Game 5 they simply told him Z's playing.

Guess he left because PG was stringing him along. Be straight up and let the kid stay home if you aren't going to play him. All the players have better ways to spend the limited time off than to come to an event like that and be lied to / strung along. Simply ****** Bag coaching for a 'show case event'... Probably retaliation for Zawadski being yanked by SK in last years tourney.

If you recognize Keegan Harpers parents ask them what they think of the tournament...

Ben Dalpe left after 1st day for same reasons as Munroe and several other PLK players had 1 foot out the door all weekend. When Munroe was leaving Audi joked and asked him if he could come too. Ask Clitsome how his tourney went... you'll get a great answer.

I would strongly suggest the CCHL exec ask the non nepean / Ottawa players how they enjoyed the tournament.

Its not 'possible' some kids will pass on this next year, the ones I spoke with will tell the CCHL they will go home instead.

Go Kings GO

Every team ( and their coach) had their favs - I think you may have focused on the Yzerman squad too closely. For instance....

Robinson Division: (IM) played Pontarelli and Blasko incessantly and Colt F's on PP
Burrows: played Blanchette and big Nellis along with Lagarde
St. Louis: gave extra icetime to Arsenault and Dionne
OJ North: played Botten alot as well as Higley a good deal
East: extra icetime to Danforth and Matty Davis
South: Kalk and Capino
Etc. Etc....

Just saying - everyone did it. Not that it is right or that I agree with it.

I don't disagree with your post but note it is much easier to see when it is a goaltender and a coach isn't switching them game-to-game.

There would be unhappy forwards on every team. I'm sure McClaren (who lead the Robinson division in scoring) wasn't happy he had two short shifts in the final period of his last game. Ask him (I don't know the kid - just what I witnessed).

Don't like it...don't come back. I've heard this dance before. They always come back.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:31 PM
hongkongphoey

Credit to PG, he got to the final and lost a 0 0 game in a shoot out. I recall early posts where Robinson was supposed to be a much better team to the Yzerman submission. Robinson finishes DFL.

I also recall SK's outrageous numbers of Kings to TCE selection camp Clearly self serving and he helped cobble together a very very ordinary TCE team. I don't recall PLKrs complaining then at the unfairness and clear favouritism.

So PG gets to the final, good on him. What on earth happened to Robinson? They should have won this.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:36 PM
hongkongphoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongkongphoey View Post
Credit to PG, he got to the final and lost a 0 0 game in a shoot out. I recall early posts where Robinson was supposed to be a much better team to the Yzerman submission. Robinson finishes DFL.

I also recall SK's outrageous numbers of Kings to TCE selection camp Clearly self serving and he helped cobble together a very very ordinary TCE team. I don't recall PLKrs complaining then at the unfairness and clear favouritism.

So PG gets to the final, good on him. What on earth happened to Robinson? They should have won this.
Correction Robinson finishes 7th ahead of OJHL south - apologies. They still should have won IMO.

Closed Thread