HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Staal to LA

Old
12-29-2012, 04:23 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Do you have an Asus Aspire 5253 notebook ?

To name a few....people like Kelly, Bolland, Staal before trade, Nielsen, Hanzal (if they play on the 3rd line), Sutter, etc
nope i dont.

i ll give u staal even thou i think with crosby and malkin hurt he played more top line mins in the last couple years then 3rd line. Nielsen and hanzal are 2nd line centers . Sutter i dont think so maybe kelly if hes 3rd line i m not postive hes playing there i thought gustad got third center but ok ill let u have maybe 2 of them You still need 3 more

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Frolov you have to be as happy as a kid on xmas day that someone brought up Stoll for you to comment on.

76, Frolov has a very very negative opinion of Stoll, notoriously so.

We all have a player or two that we just can't stand, for Frolov63 that guy is Stoll. Take it for what it is worth.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Frolov you have to be as happy as a kid on xmas day that someone brought up Stoll for you to comment on.

We all have a player or two that we just can't stand, for Frolov63 that guy is Stoll. Take it for what it is worth.
ty for that info tg its not the frist time i mention something and have frolov come at me for it i was almost taking it personal.

Now if that made your day to get your hate out about him then im happy to give you a belated christmas gift on a silver platter frolov93 I m not sure what put the thorn in ur paw about stoll but get over it He helped the kings win the cup id say its time to let it go.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:00 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I like F63's take from time to time and wouldn't take anything he says too personally. He hates Stoll like I hated Jones and before him Igor Liba and before him Butsy Erikson so I can relate to the concept.

Stoll came through like he was supposed to for us during last season from the deadline on through the cup run and he will always get my respect for that let alone for being a better than average 3rdC. Not great but not terrible either, just solid two way play with the ability to provide some good O from time to time.

He would be a steady upgrade for the Rangers but imo not what they are really looking for truth be told. A good fit but not a great fit. I think the Rangers should be looking for a D focused two way bruiser who can shut things down for their 3rd lineC and while I agree Greene would be a "final piece" kind of guy on D for them, he is that guy for us now and I wouldn't want to move him if I didn't have to or at least not yet.

Staal is a great young D man. How his concussion has effected him will be a tiny bit of a question mark for 20 or so games but I think he will be just fine and go on to be a really good life long Ranger. Not as good as some of their fans think according to this thread but better then he is being given credit for by others so it balances out.

His price would be too high and we are too stacked and deep on D to even consider trying to get him (not that a Kings fan presented the idea).

Old
12-29-2012, 05:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

To me Stoll and Greene represent a change in kings way of thinking they moved towards a defense frist mind set also the start of the rebuild, For this they get my respect as the frist real pieces to our rebuild. We got rid of a truely great underrated defenseman in lubo who was equal to a healthy Staal imo but moving him filled in two holes. This is way i see a concused Staal being equal value to a older greene and stoll.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
nope i dont.

i ll give u staal even thou i think with crosby and malkin hurt he played more top line mins in the last couple years then 3rd line. Nielsen and hanzal are 2nd line centers . Sutter i dont think so maybe kelly if hes 3rd line i m not postive hes playing there i thought gustad got third center but ok ill let u have maybe 2 of them You still need 3 more
You asked for my opinion, so I dont need 3 more. You need a new laptop, that's one thing that is clear. On top of that, Gaustad and Kelly are playing for two different teams.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:32 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
To me Stoll and Greene represent a change in kings way of thinking they moved towards a defense frist mind set also the start of the rebuild, For this they get my respect as the frist real pieces to our rebuild. We got rid of a truely great underrated defenseman in lubo who was equal to a healthy Staal imo but moving him filled in two holes. This is way i see a concused Staal being equal value to a older greene and stoll.
Fair points and I agree. That deal was the foundation for where we have ended up. There are other things that are equally or even more important for our making the final step but you can't overlook that deal. Vis was wildly under rated by allot of hockey fans but we got a solid return for him for certain.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

First time ever I hear this. I think you are confused with somebody else.

Though I see its not allowed anymore to criticize one of your own players because than you are a hater. Luckily Stoll has the ability to play 2nd line center. After all he has scored a whopping 15 goals in his previous 141 games.

Quote:
Now if that made your day to get your hate out about him then im happy to give you a belated christmas gift on a silver platter frolov93 I m not sure what put the thorn in ur paw about stoll but get over it He helped the kings win the cup id say its time to let it go.
Time to let it go because you massivily overrate Jarret Stoll and pretty much every Kings player ? I like the Kings like no other but you take it to another level.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
You asked for my opinion, so I dont need 3 more. You need a new laptop, that's one thing that is clear. On top of that, Gaustad and Kelly are playing for two different teams.
well if ur going to talk about 3rd line centers you may want to use 3rd line centers in ur answer but thats ok you can use whatever you want to prove your points. As for as my laptop goes its coming up on its frist birthday so i don't see or even know why you bring it up

Old
12-29-2012, 05:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
First time ever I hear this. I think you are confused with somebody else.

Though I see its not allowed anymore to criticize one of your own players because than you are a hater. Luckily Stoll has the ability to play 2nd line center. After all he has scored a whopping 15 goals in his previous 141 games.

Time to let it go because you massivily overrate Jarret Stoll and pretty much every Kings player ? I like the Kings like no other but you take it to another level.
if you want to underrate stoll thats your right but dont try and tell me i overate pretty much every player . If you don't like what i say i say either stop reading what i say or provide comments with some stuff to prove me wrong.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
if you want to underrate stoll thats your right but dont try and tell me i overate pretty much every player . If you don't like what i say i say either stop reading what i say or provide comments with some stuff to prove me wrong.
No its not my right because than I'm a hater and need to prove you wrong.

Stoll has been awful the last 1,5 season but played well in the playoffs. I do not agree he's an elite 3rd line center. No idea what's so wrong about my view. You both act like I say some crazy things.

I hope your birthday is coming soon.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:05 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

Stoll has been awful the last 1,5 season but played well in the playoffs. I do not agree he's an elite 3rd line center. No idea what's so wrong about my view. You both act like I say some crazy things.

no you misunderstand me i have no problem with you saying whatever you want you have every right to your opinion but this is a defense frist team stoll is on the 3rd line hes not getting the pp time either therefore his goal scoring well go down also playing with lewis and king will have his scoring go down. Stoll job isnt to score goals its to keep other from scoring and winning defensive zone faeoffs

now its my computers frist birthday in a few days not mine Whatever this has to do with hockey i have no idea

Old
12-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
no you misunderstand me i have no problem with you saying whatever you want you have every right to your opinion but this is a defense frist team stoll is on the 3rd line hes not getting the pp time either therefore his goal scoring well go down also playing with lewis and king will have his scoring go down. Stoll job isnt to score goals its to keep other from scoring and winning defensive zone faeoffs
No scoring is not his main task. Yet, it would be nice if he can find the back of the net so now and then....and not 15 goals in 141 games. Not so long ago, exactly 150 minutes ago, you had the nerve to sell him as a 2nd line center. Of course he can easily switch to offensive beast mode again, correct ? Stoll gets more than enough PP time actually, more than the average 3rd liner.

Quote:
now its my computers frist birthday in a few days not mine Whatever this has to do with hockey i have no idea
Personal interests. Very nice to hear.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:40 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
No scoring is not his main task. Yet, it would be nice if he can find the back of the net so now and then....and not 15 goals in 141 games. Not so long ago, exactly 150 minutes ago, you had the nerve to sell him as a 2nd line center. Of course he can easily switch to offensive beast mode again, correct ? Stoll gets more than enough PP time actually, more than the average 3rd liner.

Personal interests. Very nice to hear.
I said if he had second line mintues with the pp time that goes with it yes he would put up more points because that is apart of being a 2nd line center. Yes i think he could if he had to play and do a decent enuff job. i never said he d make the all star team playing 2nd center. He would be ok as a second center but he makes a better 3rd center imo playing with better players would make it alot easier to get more points.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Staal >> Sutter
Boyle >> Niskanen

How is this fair?
Needless to say, I don't agree with your simplistic formula.

But don't sweat it, was just a suggestion, and certainly better than the OP.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Maybe Staal+ and Skjei to Edmonton for Eberle and Nick Schultz? Something around that?

Or LA could add Gagne and we're set.

And I disagree on Skjei having that high of an upside. He was the 28th pick in a weak draft.
Why do the Rangers want Gagne?

12-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes We Cam
$6.3 million backup

Stoll better than Sutter!?

Yes We Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Gagne used to be a center, I'm sure he could convert back. He's also a 30 goal scorer when healthy.

And for the Edmonton proposal (I'm on a Kindle, it's too hard to quote), wouldn't make sense now. Maybe after our Cup win. There's no use taking prospects back when we are in win now mode and our Cup window might close soon. And I'm sure Sather could swing a deal with Staal and Eberle as the centerpieces. He's not in the HHOF for nothing.

I wouldn't want to do the Sutter proposal. Maybe back when he was in Carolina, but not now. I would not want to give a divisional rival a shutdown Dman with offensive upside when they already have one and another potential one. Plus, Sutter can't score. I realize he has a great defensive game, but if I were building a Cup contender I would want my 3C to be able to contribute in the O-zone.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes We Cam
$6.3 million backup

Even if LA threw in Gagne, Rangers still decline without hesitation.

Sutter was like 5 for 6 on breakaway chances last year dude, he's a complete package at 3rd line center. He was the center piece for Pittsburgh in the Staal trade. But wait, wasn't it you who insisted that Marc's value was more than Jordan's?

Yes We Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Gagne used to be a center, I'm sure he could convert back. He's also a 30 goal scorer when healthy game.
Stop.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

No, I never said Marc was worth more than Jordan.... You must have me confused with someone else.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
I think ranger fans are still thinking of Staal as a shiney new toy. I hate to break it to you hes got some dents in him. Untill hes proven there no long term effects of the concusion your not going to get shiney toy prices for him.

So imo Stoll who is amoungest the top 5 3rd line centers in the league. He has 2nd line center ability if needed. Hes still one of the best faceoff percentages in the league all this makes him worth the money hes paid.

Greene is a vetern with tons of locker room leadership I even doubt hes in play to be traded. Imo Suderi would be traded before greene. Ranger need to remember we aquired them for a at the time a better defenseman named Lubomir Visnovsky. Adding Martinez is way to much. I would consider a greene stoll for staal but not adding another roster piece at all.
Staal played the entire second half of the season and a grueling, physical playoffs without incident. Not sure how much more you are looking for in terms of health.

Staal is a solid top pair defenseman on most teams in the league signed long term at a very reasonable rate. Teams will have to do a lot better to pry Staal away than whats been offered here.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:39 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

You should re-read my post. I thought it was complimentary towards your pov typically and also, who called or even hinted at you being a hater? I have read you say things about Stoll that have been highly critical in the past and that is all that I have said.

While you are pointing out Stoll's low O output you are overlooking his stellar D game. Not saying that he shouldn't be putting up more O numbers but I will say that he has been doing exactly what was asked of him everywhere else.

DL just signed him to a new contract and said that he believes that he owed JS a couple of years centering two high end wings or something to that effect.

Whoever called you a hater is wrong imo. Misunderstood? Maybe?

Old
12-30-2012, 12:00 PM
WTFMAN99

Quote:
I think we really need an upgrade at 3C. While Boyle isn't a bad guy for the role, look at the recent Cup winners. Chicago had Bolland, Pittsburgh had J Staal, and LA had Stoll. That top six guy pushed down into a 3rd line role is a common theme here.

And even if Staal on our 2nd pairing is scary, Stralman in the top 4 and Bickel on the NHL roster should be scarier. RH depth is somewhat of a problem for us. MDZ is arguably a top pairing D too and puts up great numbers even when he spends most of the time with Bickel and Eminger.
I am very pro Boyle but he doesnt bring the offensive pop like some of the 3rd line centres in recent years on cup winning teams.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
I am very pro Boyle but he doesnt bring the offensive pop like some of the 3rd line centres in recent years on cup winning teams.
Not really:
Stoll (2011-2012): 6-15 = 21

Kelly (2010-2011): 14-14 = 28

Madden (2009-2010): 10-12 = 23

Staal (2008-2009): 22-27 =49

Boyle (2011-2012): 11-15 = 26

Outside of Staal (who is hardly a true #3 center), Boyle mathes fairly well with the previous three Cup-winning third line centers.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote