HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov

Old
12-29-2012, 11:07 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
Yakupov is worth more than Myers straight up, worth more than Subban straight up and worth much more than Carlson straight up.

People will understand in a year or three.
You realize that even if that's true, that doesn't instantly make those good trades.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
You realize that even if that's true, that doesn't instantly make those good trades.
it don't make em good trades....it makes them GREAT trades.
franchise changing trades
ergo, EPIC trades!

let's do it,where do I sign?

Booyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:20 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
it don't make em good trades....it makes them GREAT trades.
franchise changing trades
ergo, EPIC trades!

let's do it,where do I sign?
Good point... Forget team needs or building a balanced roster. If there's anything to be learned from last year's Philly/Pittsburgh teams, it's that offense alone will win you all of the things!

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Schneider + something.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Yakupov is worth more than Myers straight up, worth more than Subban straight up and worth much more than Carlson straight up.

HF trade boards is one of the few places in the universe filled with time travelers

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:33 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:

Honestly can someone help me with this problem. I am just confused whether or not this is a troll. This is absolutely mind blowing.

"In a year or three" those three defenseman are all probably going to be franchise top line defenseman and Yakupov could never play an NHL game just because he is a prospect and nobody knows because he has proven nothing in the NHL.

Right now nobody would trade either of those three top 2 defensemen for a potential winger. Those three defenseman have all proven to be extremely capable in the NHL while Yakupov has not. No GM is going to take that risk and Edmonton would have to add big time, at least an NHL ready player, to get any of them.

There is a good chance Yakupov will be an elite scorer and maybe more valuable than these Myers/Subban/Carlson but for now it's not worth the risk.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:41 PM
AvsFan20
Bring back Downie

vCash: 125
Yakupov for Paul Stastny straight up.

Althought Edmonton probably doesn't want Paul's 6.6 cap hit...

AvsFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:47 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkmtv com View Post
Yakupov for Paul Stastny straight up.

Althought Edmonton probably doesn't want Paul's 6.6 cap hit...
You're right, our cap structure has no room for that type of centre, especially since he wouldn't even be our top centre long-term.

Good player just not a great fit.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:53 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Honestly can someone help me with this problem. I am just confused whether or not this is a troll. This is absolutely mind blowing.

"In a year or three" those three defenseman are all probably going to be franchise top line defenseman and Yakupov could never play an NHL game just because he is a prospect and nobody knows because he has proven nothing in the NHL.

Right now nobody would trade either of those three top 2 defensemen for a potential winger. Those three defenseman have all proven to be extremely capable in the NHL while Yakupov has not. No GM is going to take that risk and Edmonton would have to add big time, at least an NHL ready player, to get any of them.

There is a good chance Yakupov will be an elite scorer and maybe more valuable than these Myers/Subban/Carlson but for now it's not worth the risk.
There is a balance in between potential and proven commodities.

Of course these defensemen have proven more than Yakupov, just like they have proven more in the NHL than Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Schultz, Huberdeau, Mackinnon, and every other elite prospect not in the NHL because they have yet to have a chance, which isn't exactly their fault.

It comes down to how much a team likes a guy like Yakupov and whether or not they need a potential elite scorer. If a GM believes he is getting an elite scorer, he might be willing to risk a great defensemen assuming he needs offense.

I think it is all a moot point because Yakupov isn't being moved anytime soon.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

You keep believing that. Subban is and will continue to be more valuable than Yakupov. People understand right now.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:

Because "potential!" and "the future!". Yakupov would only be traded for some 13 year old kid who outscored him when he was 13. Because, like, think how good that kid can be!

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:24 AM
ThePhoenixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
You keep believing that. Subban is and will continue to be more valuable than Yakupov. People understand right now.
Two quick questions.

Who do you think Montreal would have chosen if they had owned the first overall pick last year?

If Subban had been in last years draft do you think he would have gone first or second overall?

ThePhoenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenixx View Post
Two quick questions.

Who do you think Montreal would have chosen if they had owned the first overall pick last year?

If Subban had been in last years draft do you think he would have gone first or second overall?
Fans will tell you they would have still taken Gally, but there's 0 chance Yak wasn't going first. He was clearly head and shoulders above the rest

Funny enough, I think he would've gone 3rd to the Habs instead of Gally.

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:21 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
He has been the most exciting player for the Russians. The problem is every team knows to shut him down. Russia has really good depth and that has saved them this year. I would bet that he scores on Canada.
If you are saying that every team knows how to shut him down at the JUNIOR level, how will he be more explosive at the professional level?

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Fans will tell you they would have still taken Gally, but there's 0 chance Yak wasn't going first. He was clearly head and shoulders above the rest

as great of a game -breaker as yakupov could / might be, the habs need is at center - Galchenyuk. size and scoring at center.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:53 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
as great of a game -breaker as yakupov could / might be, the habs need is at center - Galchenyuk. size and scoring at center.
In all fairness, at the time of the draft, i would have selected Yakupov first overall due to the uncertainty over Galchenyuk (and his lost season due to injury). Now that hindsight is 20:20 i would take Galchenyuk over Yakupov due to team needs. He is exactly what the Habs need and is a world class talent.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:25 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
If you are saying that every team knows how to shut him down at the JUNIOR level, how will he be more explosive at the professional level?
The point being it is easy to shut guys down over a small sample size if you focus on taking away his time and space.

The same thing happened with Ovechkin against Canada in the WJC.

In the NHL, teams can't focus on one player like they do in these tournaments.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Tenacious

Oiler fan here:

I personally think a Yakupov for Subban (as the centre pieces of the deal) swap makes sense for both teams. Galchenyuk and Yakupov have proven chemistry and a top line of Pacioretty Galchenyuk Yakupov would be an amazing top line for MTL for years to come and Subban would be a great addition to the Oilers back end. Not gonna speculate which side would need to add as I can see the argument for either side but I would speculate a D man like Petry/N.Schultz/Whitney would have to go the other way to MTL to replace the hole trading PK would leave (otherwise I can't see MTL trading him)

Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 07:37 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenixx View Post
Two quick questions.

1/--Galchenyuk

2/--Hard to say. Subban was a second round pick his draft year. Looking back with 20/20 vision, Suban should have been a top 3 pick his draft year. So, using his actual draft status, he would have gone in the second round. Using knowledge of his NHL success, and assuming we had already drafted a center previously and did not need Galchenyuk, then it would be Subban.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post

Before and at the draft I always stated my preference for Galchenyuk. I prayed Montreal would not trade up for the first overall because I was, and still am, convinced that Galchenyuk will be the better player and represented our biggest need. I stated this on HFBoards in multiple threads at the time.

I have also maintained that I would not trade Subban for Yakupov straight up. Also stated from before the draft and through to the present. Also based on our team's primary needs.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:22 AM
capitalsrock

Quote:
1/--Galchenyuk

2/--Hard to say. Subban was a second round pick his draft year. Looking back with 20/20 vision, Suban should have been a top 3 pick his draft year. So, using his actual draft status, he would have gone in the second round. Using knowledge of his NHL success, and assuming we had already drafted a center previously and did not need Galchenyuk, then it would be Subban.
Benn, Kane, and Couture before Subban. Maybe Pacioretty, Alzner, McDonagh, or Shattenkirk could be argued as well.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Benn, Kane, and Couture before Subban. Maybe Pacioretty, Alzner, McDonagh, or Shattenkirk could be argued as well.
Benn before Subban. Yes

Kane, Couture, Pacioretty and McDonagh before Subban. Depends upon team needs. Arguable for each.

Alzner and Shattenkirk before Subban. No.

Again, based on need, I see Subban going in the top 3 in a redraft of his draft year.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
ThePhoenixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
In all fairness, at the time of the draft, i would have selected Yakupov first overall due to the uncertainty over Galchenyuk (and his lost season due to injury). Now that hindsight is 20:20 i would take Galchenyuk over Yakupov due to team needs. He is exactly what the Habs need and is a world class talent.
Quote:
1/--Galchenyuk

Thanks for the replies, Hab fans.

I personally think you guys wouldn't have jobs for very long if you were making the decisions, but I have to applaud you on your die hard devotion to your players.

Cheers.

ThePhoenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
rockinghockey

I would not trade Yak straight up for Subban, as Subban has holes in his game that also hurts his team.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
All i'd give up now is probably a 3rd round pick

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote