HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v24: Rudy Gay/Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis/Jose Calderon swap imminent

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Stats01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Ross is going to be so good. He has the confidence to take these threes and his quickness makes him so difficult to guard. Can't wait until this guy comes into his own.
Totally right, it's amazing how confident he is when he shoots, now just wait until he gains experience and reps and realizes that he can get by some guys. Man o man he is going to be a threat in multiple ways. Just like DeRozan it's going to take a bit of time with him but his shot is well more advanced than DeRozan's was as a rookie. His dunks are un-real as well.

Last edited by Stats01: 12-29-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old
12-29-2012, 08:42 PM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post

Gotta love Qunicy Acy getting a little show time as well, nice dunk, what a pass by Ross
Almost as impressive as his beard.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Almost as impressive as his beard.
Reggie Evans V.02

Old
12-29-2012, 09:27 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Totally right, it's amazing how confident he is when he shoots, now just wait until he gains experience and reps and realizes that he can get by some guys. Man o man he is going to be a threat in multiple ways. Just like DeRozan it's going to take a bit of time with him but his shot is well more advanced than DeRozan's was as a rookie. His dunks are un-real as well.
That's just it. His shot makes him so much more of a threat then Derozan. I think BC actually made a really good pick by taking Ross because he spreads the offense and really helps Derozan out on his game. And I can't begin to talk about how much having Ed Davis out there helps both of them.

12-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Hyperglide

Raptors are biggest WTF team in the NBA. Start 4-19 and now win 7 of last 8 and blowout a team, mind you one of the worst teams, by 35 points? LOL!

Old
12-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I told you guys to be patient with Fields
I think his injury really screwed up his mechanics and rhythm. Also he had to learn his teammates all the while. This Landry was the Landry I was expecting at the beginning of the year. I still don't think he's worth 6.5 million a year but it's better than what we were getting.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Stats01

Quote:
That's just it. His shot makes him so much more of a threat then Derozan. I think BC actually made a really good pick by taking Ross because he spreads the offense and really helps Derozan out on his game. And I can't begin to talk about how much having Ed Davis out there helps both of them.
Davis has a high basketball IQ, he knows when to take his shot one on one or when the double is coming to pass out of it, quick decisions, quick ball movement leads to good things. We're starting to see a nice core developing with the team. Casey is a hell of a coach, the record doesn't show it, but this team is starting to play like they did the second half of last year, intense defence not taking a play off, one on one D, sharing the ball on offence. Beautiful stuff.

Seems like everyone has bought into the system other than Bargnani, or he just doesn't understand defensive concepts, because our defense was atrocious with him in the line-up. Might as well get what we can for him at this point. I'm scared to put him into the line-up when he comes back with the things are going, might screw up the chemistry.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:52 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

I agree about putting Bargs back in. Kleiza is the same way. I think their quickness or lack thereof, is the biggest problem on the defensive end. Another thing is, these guys don't have very high assists. These guys are shooters and this team plays like a team. Sharing the ball, playing team defense.. I can only hope we can move Bargs + Kleiza for absolutely any team player / decent defender.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Rielly Good

Quote:
I agree about putting Bargs back in. Kleiza is the same way. I think their quickness or lack thereof, is the biggest problem on the defensive end. Another thing is, these guys don't have very high assists. These guys are shooters and this team plays like a team. Sharing the ball, playing team defense.. I can only hope we can move Bargs + Kleiza for absolutely any team player / decent defender.
I've said this for years. Bargnani needs to go. Hopefully Lowry isnt thrtown in the deal like rumoured. I like Lowry.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly Good View Post
I've said this for years. Bargnani needs to go. Hopefully Lowry isnt thrtown in the deal like rumoured. I like Lowry.
Same here, BC though has a hard time understanding asset management. Trading him would be a big mistake, he has shown that he can be a hell of a distributor when he buys in. Hopefully Jose's play has rubbed off on him during his injury and he plays like he did tonight the rest of the way. The guy is talented! He just has to play with a team first mentality. Tonight he was great, made some nice passes, drove and kicked out and got his shot when no one else was open, solid game from him. Jose and Lowry are a great duo.

I also hope Jose isn't traded, this guy has been such a great soldier for us through the years. Goes about his business without complaining although he could start for about half the teams in this league. I hope we can continue this run, make the playoffs and re-sign him. His assist to turnover ratio is ridiculous, whatever we get back will not be enough.

Last edited by Stats01: 12-29-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old
12-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Rielly Good

Quote:
Same here, BC though has a hard time understanding asset management. Trading him would be a big mistake, he has shown that he can be a hell of a distributor when he buys in. Hopefully Jose's play has rubbed off on him during his injury and he plays like he did tonight the rest of the way. The guy is talented! He just has to play with a team first mentality. Tonight he was great, made some nice passes, drove and kicked out and got his shot when no one else was open, solid game from him. Jose and Lowry are a great duo.
Yeah Calderon mixed with Casey and his staff seem to be getting to Lowry and it is looking like Lowry is buying into the system of sharing the ball. Not to mention Lowry has great hands on defence.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Yeah Calderon mixed with Casey and his staff seem to be getting to Lowry and it is looking like Lowry is buying into the system of sharing the ball. Not to mention Lowry has great hands on defence.
His post defence on Anthony Davis the other night will live on lol To see Davis actually fade away on a guy that is a foot shorter than him is hilarious haha

Old
12-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Rielly Good

Quote:
His post defence on Anthony Davis the other night will live on lol To see Davis actually fade away on a guy that is a foot shorter than him is hilarious haha
Yeah that was awesome. lol I just want to see alot of our players play in games that actually mean something. Ed Davis would be a beast along with demar and Ross.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:50 PM
RedRenegade

It was a pretty enjoyable game to watch tonight. Good team play all round. Lowry didn't try to do too much which was nice to see. And I'm really happy with the youngsters lately (Davis, Derozan, Ross). Earlier in the season I wasn't that big on their play but it's getting much better.

Oh, I'm also supporting the trade/get rid of Bargnani camp. The point above about footspeed is a good one. Sure he's a good shooter but let the shooting guard and small forwards take that role. We need tough big men that can bang in the paint, pull in the grimy boards and alter/block shots.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Love how good we can play without Bargnani

Old
12-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRenegade View Post
It was a pretty enjoyable game to watch tonight. Good team play all round. Lowry didn't try to do too much which was nice to see. And I'm really happy with the youngsters lately (Davis, Derozan, Ross). Earlier in the season I wasn't that big on their play but it's getting much better.

Oh, I'm also supporting the trade/get rid of Bargnani camp. The point above about footspeed is a good one. Sure he's a good shooter but let the shooting guard and small forwards take that role. We need tough big men that can bang in the paint, pull in the grimy boards and alter/block shots.
Exactly, Bargs is a waste if he's just going to be a perimeter guy, for a 7 footer he's always been an embarrassment on the boards. Just not a fit here IMO, he would be a good fit in LA, come off the bench with some much needed offence.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:09 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

glad to see the raps going on a bit of a run. It's crazy how quickly they turned it around without Bargs.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Rielly Good

Quote:
Exactly, Bargs is a waste if he's just going to be a perimeter guy, for a 7 footer he's always been an embarrassment on the boards. Just not a fit here IMO, he would be a good fit in LA, come off the bench with some much needed offence.
Yeah I know, Him being on the perimeter just pushes our perimeter players away and I dont like it. Not to mention his play making abilities are horrible. So you have a 7 footer at the perimeter with bad foot speed and no playmaking ability running your offence. No Thanks. Ship him out

Old
12-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Yeah I know, Him being on the perimeter just pushes our perimeter players away and I dont like it. Not to mention his play making abilities are horrible. So you have a 7 footer at the perimeter with bad foot speed and no playmaking ability running your offence. No Thanks. Ship him out
LOL exactly. He has the most awkward moves that I've seen. His head is usually down, going straight to the rim..in his head he's not even processing the defensive system that is going on..just going straight to the hoop and he either gets a charging foul or stops for a pull up, it happens all the time. Like you said, no thanks! Dumb dumb can get out of town.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Rielly Good

Quote:
LOL exactly. He has the most awkward moves that I've seen. His head is usually down, going straight to the rim..in his head he's not even processing the defensive system that is going on..just going straight to the hoop and he either gets a charging foul or stops for a pull up, it happens all the time. Like you said, no thanks! Dumb dumb can get out of town.
lol Ya either that, or he travels lol

Old
12-30-2012, 12:32 AM
trellaine201

Quote:
And those double dribbles at the perimeter

Old
12-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Rielly Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
And those double dribbles at the perimeter
Ahaha Yeah its bad.

When he is playing I literally have a hard time watching. you just know that the young players with talent you want to develop wont be getting many looks on offence. Then when they come back on defence, who wants to play hard on Defence when your main player is only playing at one side of the court.

Team Bond looks hideous out there when he is on the court.

Edit: And his Help Defense....

Old
12-30-2012, 12:42 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

It's just the way he plays, the whole team has to adjust because the PF / C is at the three point line. Davis doesn't pass the three point line on offense unless he's bailing some one out once they stopped dribbling, but he quickly passes the ball back and gets down low. It's really to easy to stop a team offensively when 4 of their players are chilling at the perimeter. And defensively, people know to drive at him because he can't block, and he won't get the rebound either.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Rielly Good

Quote:
It's just the way he plays, the whole team has to adjust because the PF / C is at the three point line. Davis doesn't pass the three point line on offense unless he's bailing some one out once they stopped dribbling, but he quickly passes the ball back and gets down low. It's really to easy to stop a team offensively when 4 of their players are chilling at the perimeter. And defensively, people know to drive at him because he can't block, and he won't get the rebound either.
He is just not a great athlete. and gets by with good shooting. He should be a spot up 3 point shooter, like Bonner. But even he gets to the paint better and pulls in more Rebounds

Old
12-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Rielly Good

Also if you don't know who Bonner is, don't google search it, you wont like wont what comes up lmao

just playing

Closed Thread