HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Dan Girardi or Erik Johnson?

View Poll Results: well
EJ 68 45.03%
DG 83 54.97%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
I follow the Avs on the side as my team in the West and all I can say is that it's more difficult to give this one to EJ. It may not be easier for some to give it to DG but it's a bit more difficult to hand it to EJ on this one considering the recent year(s).

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
EJ.

Girardi can't even tie Johnsons skates.
You're right, he'd have to go all the way down to the 2nd pair to tie Johnson's skates.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
This thread is an embarrassment, not only does it show how hockey deprived people are because right now we could be discussing how good these players actually are rather than were almost 8 months ago... but Eskimo is once again trying to but his pseudo-stats into this thread.
I don't see anything wrong Eskimo did/said. He's bringing facts into the discussion and has put up some key arguments in his perspective.

Quote:
Guys, EJ played half the season injured. His numbers were 24+ minutes per night before that. EJ was used as the primary offensive defender for our team, letting our numerous defensive minded guys eat up the defensive time (SH, defensive zone starts, etc) just like Sacco did with McClement on the PK over O'Reilly.
Johnson had a decent 20 games to start the year in terms of TOI and point production, but that's too small a sample size to pick upon.

Quote:
The Avs were shafted all season long in terms of PPs, how on earth can EJ be expected to put up better PP numbers when he doesn't get to get on the PP? Our entire team's scoring was down, our top scorer had 55 points. Tell me, how many defenders in the league are going to break 30 points on a team that can't have anyone over 55 points?
You are correct that the Avs were shafted in PP TOI. However he was 4th in ES pts amongst defenders on his own team.

BTW the 10-11 NY Rangers leading scorer was Brandon Dubinsky, and he had 54 points compared to O'Reilly's 55.Dan Girardi had 31 pts, Marc Staal had 29. Neither are considered offensive stalwarts.

Quote:
I could go on and on, but people will pretend they know better because they are the greatest hockey minds ever and don't even need to watch the players to know how good they are. It's not even remotely possible EJ is better than someone on MY team because EJ is a #1 overall bust joke of a hockey player that wouldn't even make 2nd pairing on a contender!
Before I can anoint EJ as the next coming, I need to see results instead of injury excuses, coaching excuses, etc. After 5 yrs since entering the league, I just expect more from a guy who was a can't miss generational defenseman prospect at one point. And he has shown his dominant play in the WJC, but I haven't seen it in the NHL yet.

There is no way in hell am I ranking him ahead of a player who's been top pair for 5 yrs on a playoff team. And is just recently coming off of a season where he made the All-Star team as a shutdown defender while being 2nd in the NHL in minutes played.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
You're right, he'd have to go all the way down to the 2nd pair to tie Johnson's skates.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
BlueDream

Well that debate ended pretty quickly.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 04:47 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Solid, well done sir.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
marioni

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
At some point in time you have to, you know, actually show signs of ever living up to that potential.
EJ had a rough start to last season, but after that he played very well.

I think he's already better than many people realize, but no, he hasn't lived up to his full potential. Yet.

Last edited by marioni: 01-03-2013 at 09:07 AM.
marioni is offline   Reply With Quote