HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Couturier + Coburn for Yakupov + Teubert

Old
12-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

vCash: 500
I like the value but it doesn't do much to help the Flyers needs. Don't want to see them trade away any more star/potential star Cs for a while either, but I'm happy with how the last ones worked out.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:22 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
Tyler Seguin only had 22pts in his rookie season playing 4th line minutes and was less impressive defensively than Couturier. In his second season he got 1st line minutes and led his team in scoring with 67pts.

I have no doubt that with more regular minutes and power play minutes, Couturier will put up more impressive numbers offensively. The kid will be elite both offensively and defensively soon
Ya, and Gagner decimated both. You can't just randomly use one persons progression and say that everyone will be the same

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
You lost me at an ESPN article about hockey. Yakupov is easily the most underrated commodity on HF and it's really not close. I'm not sure if it's the fact that the Oilers picked him or because he's Russian or because he hasn't been overly dominant in any big tournaments but his club stats and draft status should really speak for themselves. The last time a forward taken first overall didn't turn out to be a superstar was the 90's. I'm going to say that the trend will continue until we see otherwise. Couturier is a nice player and I can see why the Flyers wouldn't do this deal. When hockey starts up again the Flyers will want to contend and Couturier is a better player on a contending team like the Flyers right now. Add in one of their top pairing defensemen and it's easy to see Flyers fans rejecting the deal; they don't need a guy like Yakupov at this stage.

But to suggest Couturier is a more valuable commodity? That's ludicrous. I see Couturier and I see Jordan Staal. That's a very good player and an elite second line C. Yakupov is the consensus best player from his draft class. Couturier didn't even go top 5 a year and a half ago and he's already the second coming? He had a nice series against Malkin but come on...
No, the most underrated belongs to other guy on team Russia who should have been a top 3 pick.

Btw Yakupov wasent #1 on all teams lists. For example Sabres head scout before the draft said that there is a group of a few players at the top of the draft, he also said that he didnt see any superstars in the draft like other years. This is coming from a head scout with one of the best track records in the last while.

Last edited by 1972: 12-29-2012 at 09:57 PM.
1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:59 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Don't see any reason why Philly would even think about this. They say no easily IMO.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:02 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Of Every Anton View Post
I like the value but it doesn't do much to help the Flyers needs. Don't want to see them trade away any more star/potential star Cs for a while either, but I'm happy with how the last ones worked out.
As a Bruins fan I view Couturier as a version of Bergeron and that's obviously high praise.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:11 AM
BrindamoursNose

No way for the Flyers. Although Edm fans may not think so, I think it's a horrible deal.

Couturier for Yakupov isn't a deal I would do. Yak may be worth more as a commodity, but Couturier works better for the Flyers I think.

And that leaves Coburn for Tuebert. That is just laughable. Coburn is way more valuable and productive.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:29 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
No way for the Flyers. Although Edm fans may not think so, I think it's a horrible deal.

Couturier for Yakupov isn't a deal I would do. Yak may be worth more as a commodity, but Couturier works better for the Flyers I think.

And that leaves Coburn for Tuebert. That is just laughable. Coburn is way more valuable and productive.
In fact, and all things considered, the Flyers shouldn't even trade Coburn for Yakupov. Not talking about value right now, but the Flyers don't ever tank and Coburn is the key to our defense.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
No, the most underrated belongs to other guy on team Russia who should have been a top 3 pick.
Btw Yakupov wasent #1 on all teams lists. For example Sabres head scout before the draft said that there is a group of a few players at the top of the draft, he also said that he didnt see any superstars in the draft like other years. This is coming from a head scout with one of the best track records in the last while.
Oh my gosh, here comes the Grigorenko parade, seriously? Give it a rest, this thread has ZERO to do with Grigorenko, why even bring him up? And I could see him going top 5 now? But no way he is ahead of Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk and Rielly!

As for the OP, the value may be fair, but no way Flyers do this, just based on needs.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
FlyersFan61290

wow...so many things wrong in this thread. Reading through the first three pages it goes from one extreme to the other.

Anyway, regardless of the relative value of Couts and Yak this is a horrible trade for the Flyers. And its really not even close. Maybe it could be tweaked to something resembling fair in a vacuum but we all know that each team has its needs so we can't look at it like that. I don't really see how thats hard to understand.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:44 PM
LSnow

It's so sad when people argue is yakupov better than Grigorenko or Couturier when we might have the best young russian of them all and he might not never even cross the pond

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
KidLine93

Would someone mind explaining how last year every poll had Yakupov as the next Pavel Bure and >>>>> than RNH and Hall then all of a sudden, after a strong showing in the KHL as well, people are saying Couturier > Yakupov now that hes an oiler prospect???

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
Would someone mind explaining how last year every poll had Yakupov as the next Pavel Bure and >>>>> than RNH and Hall then all of a sudden, after a strong showing in the KHL as well, people are saying Couturier > Yakupov now that hes an oiler prospect???
who said Couts>Yak?

I don't recall reading that. I remember people saying they would rather have Couturier on their team then Yakupov but never that he was the better player. there is a big difference especially considering they would play different roles on a team. One is a center while the other is a wing, one has a strong defensive game with some offensive up side while the other will be an offensive powerhouse. their is also a size difference to consider. Yakupov is 5'11" about 180 lbs while Couturier is 6'3" about 200lbs. With a small top 5 point producer on your team like a Giroux i don't think its a stretch to say their is some logic behind favoring Couts over Yak on a given team. that doesn't mean Couts is the better player just better suited to fill a need. why is that such a bad thing?

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Oates2Neely

Flyers say no. Yakupov should be good, but Couterier is gona be a key piece for Philly for text decade+. Big two way top-6 center who can anchor their PK. I expect he will get more TOI and PP time this season, his offensive numbers will explode.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:22 PM
CupofOil

Zero chance that the Flyers do this, absolutely none. Couturier will be a staple in Philly's top 6 for years to come, 2 way centers like him are invaluable and they need to add defense, not trade it away.
The Oilers would jump at this, Couturier solves so many needs for the Oilers and Coburn would jump right into the top 4.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I keep seeing this argument, but I still don't understand it.

Perhaps there is some truth in some fan bases to the anti-Oilers bias, but surely you can concede that there were significant questions about Yakupov long before the lottery or the draft.

The problems with the Couturier-Yakupov swap have been well analyzed in several previous posts, but lost in most of the comments is the simple point that Coburn is the best played in the deal right now.

In other words, this is one of the poorer proposals I've seen because it hits both "sweet spots"--it completely ignores the organizational needs of one team, and the value is laughably bad.

Has any Oilers fan turned this down? I don't remember seeing one--and that's generally a hint that the deal isn't a very fair one.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:41 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Man the way people are going on in this thread it's as if someone is going to tell me that Kesler is worth more than Ovechkin or Kovalchuk

With Whitney coming off of the books, Edmonton seriously considers this especially considering the fact that Horcoff will probably eventually get bought out or waived.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:46 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I keep seeing this argument, but I still don't understand it.

Perhaps there is some truth in some fan bases to the anti-Oilers bias, but surely you can concede that there were significant questions about Yakupov long before the lottery or the draft.

The problems with the Couturier-Yakupov swap have been well analyzed in several previous posts, but lost in most of the comments is the simple point that Coburn is the best played in the deal right now.

In other words, this is one of the poorer proposals I've seen because it hits both "sweet spots"--it completely ignores the organizational needs of one team, and the value is laughably bad.

Has any Oilers fan turned this down? I don't remember seeing one--and that's generally a hint that the deal isn't a very fair one.
If Edmonton wasn't so overloaded on the right wing or if Yakupov was a natural left winger, Edmonton wouldn't consider this.

But I must feel I've felt the Anti-Oil on Yakpov ever since Edmonton won the lottery. People were saying great things about him like "can't miss" "possibly the next Bure" and "could be an odd mix of Ovechkin and Bure" and then after he got drafted by Edmonton the praise turned to cynicism and sarcasm.

That shouldn't matter after he wins a cup in Edmonton, though.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
This trade proposal is beyond ridiculous.

I never understood why HFboards loves prospects rather than proved players.

sure, couturier and Yakupov are close in a vaccum.

But the flyers need defense. Giving up our best 2 defensive players for more offense is beyond idiotic.

Teubert has a ways to go before he can jump into a top 4 spot and he would be lucky to be as good as Coburn.

So we take a huge downgrade on defense and get an unproven possible upgrade in offense.

Yeah, no. Pass.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:39 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 10000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
No way. Personally, I see Yakupov and Couturier as a toss up, and I'd probably still take Couturier. Add in the fact that Coburn is significantly more valuable than Teubert, the Flyers don't do this.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:42 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
This trade proposal is beyond ridiculous.

I never understood why HFboards loves prospects rather than proved players.

sure, couturier and Yakupov are close in a vaccum.

But the flyers need defense. Giving up our best 2 defensive players for more offense is beyond idiotic.

Teubert has a ways to go before he can jump into a top 4 spot and he would be lucky to be as good as Coburn.

So we take a huge downgrade on defense and get an unproven possible upgrade in offense.

Yeah, no. Pass.
You're giving Teubert too much credit. He'd be lucky to make it as a 3rd pairing d-man in the NHL. He's got flaws in his game and he's got a ways to go before he makes it as a mainstay on any team in the NHL IMO.

Edmonton was playing the likes of Cam Barker, Theo Peckham and Cory Potter on the third pairing last year. That should speak volumes on howwell Teubert has turned out. He's big a tough guy who's more than willing to do all of the dirty work, but pretty much every other aspect of his game is pretty weak.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Don't mind them lol.

Yaks is a beauty

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:50 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
It's so sad when people argue is yakupov better than Grigorenko or Couturier when we might have the best young russian of them all and he might not never even cross the pond
Hopefully he doesn't become a Radulov 2.0 because he would be a top 20 forward playing alongside Backstrom and Ovechkin no doubt.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Hopefully he doesn't become a Radulov 2.0 because he would be a top 20 forward playing alongside Backstrom and Ovechkin no doubt.
He can prob do that himself in a couple years

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:00 AM
Sasso09

I think Couturier and Yak have the same value right now... This trade is a no go for Philly. Edmonton takes it on needs alone. Yak undoubtedly has the higher ceiling but I just think couts being a Center with Selke potential is very valuable.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:43 AM
chilly98

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I think it's solid value. Teubert won't amount to anything IMO.

So it's Couts (elite 2nd line C) + Coburn (solid #3 guy) for dynamic goal scoring top line winger

Won't comment on team needs though, since it doesn't really make sense for flyers

Elite? Thats a little extreme for a guy who has played one single season

chilly98 is offline   Reply With Quote