HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2012, 10:48 PM
  #651
Sentinel
Registered User
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearit View Post
The only reason so many people are upset with the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them win so many championships on so many different levels. I totally understand, there have been a few nhl teams i just hated for the same reason.
I'm sorry: what "championships" exactly did Canada win in the past three years?

Sentinel is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:39 AM
  #652
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I'm sorry: what "championships" exactly did Canada win in the past three years?
2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics
2011 World Men's 17U Hockey Challenge
2011 Women's 4 Nation's Cup
2011 World Junior A Challenge
2010, 2011, and 2012 U-18 Junior World Cup
2012 Women's World Championships

What is amazing is that we consider this a slump.

Most countries wished they could win this many championships and be in a slump.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:47 AM
  #653
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
You should take your best shot, I promise you it'll miss by a mile.
like team Canada at World Championships?

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:51 AM
  #654
LaTenderness
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics
2011 World Men's 17U Hockey Challenge
2011 Women's 4 Nation's Cup
2011 World Junior A Challenge
2010, 2011, and 2012 U-18 Junior World Cup
2012 Women's World Championships

What is amazing is that we consider this a slump.

Most countries wished they could win this many championships and be in a slump.
Don't be silly everyone knows girls sports don't count

LaTenderness is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:52 AM
  #655
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
Don't be silly everyone knows girls sports don't count
I guess USA is the best soccer nation.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:59 AM
  #656
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
Don't be silly everyone knows girls sports don't count
As the father of four very competative female athletes who could probably own 99% of the men on this board in everything from track and field to volleyball to basketball to running marathons and triathlons, I find this very offensive.

And no, I am not kidding.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:10 AM
  #657
BobDobolina
Registered User
 
BobDobolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,440
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
As the father of four very competative female athletes who could probably own 99% of the men on this board in everything from track and field to volleyball to basketball to running marathons and triathlons, I find this very offensive.

And no, I am not kidding.
My kids are better than yours!

BobDobolina is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:12 AM
  #658
LaTenderness
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
As the father of four very competative female athletes who could probably own 99% of the men on this board in everything from track and field to volleyball to basketball to running marathons and triathlons, I find this very offensive.

And no, I am not kidding.
I wouldn't be shy to have any one of them an arm wrestle

LaTenderness is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:18 AM
  #659
Kurtz
Registered User
 
Kurtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
As the father of four very competative female athletes who could probably own 99% of the men on this board in everything from track and field to volleyball to basketball to running marathons and triathlons, I find this very offensive.

And no, I am not kidding.
Wickenheiser, the greatest female hockey player of all time, could only last for 10 games playing in a 3rd-tear Finnish men's league.

Kurtz is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:21 AM
  #660
Paxton Fettel
Registered User
 
Paxton Fettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics
2011 World Men's 17U Hockey Challenge
2011 Women's 4 Nation's Cup
2011 World Junior A Challenge
2010, 2011, and 2012 U-18 Junior World Cup
2012 Women's World Championships

What is amazing is that we consider this a slump.

Most countries wished they could win this many championships and be in a slump.
Please somebody tell me this is a joke.

Paxton Fettel is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:36 AM
  #661
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
As the father of four very competative female athletes who could probably own 99% of the men on this board in everything from track and field to volleyball to basketball to running marathons and triathlons, I find this very offensive.

And no, I am not kidding.
Doubt it.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:40 AM
  #662
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
Wickenheiser, the greatest female hockey player of all time, could only last for 10 games playing in a 3rd-tear Finnish men's league.
And your point is....

What?

I am not saying my girls could beat any pro hockey player at hockey.

I am saying they could destroy just about anyone on here in their chosen sports, so to say "female sports don't count" is pretty damn ignorant in my opinion.

Maybe it is an age thing, but when some of you guys grow up and have daughters (or for that matter, girlfriends), maybe you won't be so insulting to females.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:42 AM
  #663
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Please somebody tell me this is a joke.
Where is the joke? Seriously, I have no idea what your post means.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:48 AM
  #664
Kurtz
Registered User
 
Kurtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
And your point is....

What?

I am not saying my girls could beat any pro hockey player at hockey.

I am saying they could destroy just about anyone on here in their chosen sports, so to say "female sports don't count" is pretty damn ignorant in my opinion.

Maybe it is an age thing, but when some of you guys grow up and have daughters (or for that matter, girlfriends), maybe you won't be so insulting to females.
No one here is insulting females, if anyone's throwing insults it'd be you suggesting that 99% posters here are athletically inferior to female athletes.

The point is that females are not on the same level as men when it comes to sports - they're not remotely in the same realm. This isn't an insult, it's merely a fact (i.e. the Wickenheiser example), therefore making an argument that Canada has been winning the past 3 years by pointing to women's hockey is absurd.

Kurtz is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:51 AM
  #665
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
No one here is insulting females, if anyone's throwing insults it'd be you suggesting that 99% posters here are athletically inferior to female athletes.

The point is that females are not on the same level as men when it comes to sports - they're not remotely in the same realm. This isn't an insult, it's merely a fact (i.e. the Wickenheiser example), therefore making an argument that Canada has been winning the past 3 years by pointing to women's hockey is absurd.
So women's hockey is absurd? That's still pretty rude.

Junior hockey is inferior to men's hockey. Maybe we should all dismiss the junior tournament as well.

99% of the posters here are not inferior to all females, but they are to elite level athletes I bet. I have seen pictures of my fellow posters. There are not too many marathon runners amongst us, let's be honest. There was a smoking thread a long time ago and more than half of the regulars admitted they were smokers.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:57 AM
  #666
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
You can smoke and still be a top athlete.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:58 AM
  #667
Kurtz
Registered User
 
Kurtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
Half of the Euro hockey players smoke, but that's besides the point.

The point is that when you're comparing international accomplishments among nations, it's absurd to put women's trophies on par with men's. I mean, that should be obvious...

Kurtz is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 02:02 AM
  #668
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
Half of the Euro hockey players smoke, but that's besides the point.

The point is that when you're comparing international accomplishments among nations, it's absurd to put women's trophies on par with men's. I mean, that should be obvious...
Exactly. I'm sure no one logically considers USA as the top soccer nation in the world. Even though their women's team has dominated the international scene ever since it was professionally introduced.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 02:23 AM
  #669
Paxton Fettel
Registered User
 
Paxton Fettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Where is the joke? Seriously, I have no idea what your post means.
Well, you forgot to mention table hockey! Canada has won the 2012 world cup of table hockey at a friend's place on a friday night. The person representing Canada was not Canadian, but it's worth mentionning imho because the level of play was "very high".

Paxton Fettel is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:28 AM
  #670
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics
2011 World Men's 17U Hockey Challenge
2011 Women's 4 Nation's Cup
2011 World Junior A Challenge
2010, 2011, and 2012 U-18 Junior World Cup
2012 Women's World Championships

What is amazing is that we consider this a slump.

Most countries wished they could win this many championships and be in a slump.
I'm a champion of my family in Monopoly.

Acallabeth is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:33 AM
  #671
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Well, you forgot to mention table hockey! Canada has won the 2012 world cup of table hockey at a friend's place on a friday night. The person representing Canada was not Canadian, but it's worth mentionning imho because the level of play was "very high".

Edited. This is now a pointless thread.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:40 AM
  #672
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,689
vCash: 500
This thread is done

s7ark is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.