HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-Ana then Van Chi

Old
12-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

vCash: 500
Van-Ana then Van Chi

Zack Kassian, Mason Raymond, and a 1st round pick for Corey Perry.*

*IF Perry wants to sign with a contender. Otherwise Anaheim won't bother.

Cory Schneider for Dave Bolland + 1st.

Heartrenching as a Canucks fans to lose Schneider off the roster and replace him with Bolland, however, I think if we did these trades we would be absolutely favourited to win the cup.

I would assume that Chicago would have to acquire a 2C like Plekanec or something at the deadline(something they might do anyways), and I think Kruger should be okay as a 3C(obviously not as good as Bolland, but still).

For Anaheim, if there is a serious bidding war, I would be willing to up the offer, although I'm interested to know what pieces from the Canucks you'd be interested in if Perry were to be traded at the deadline. I've heard the Ducks had interest in Kassian(somewhere on these boards, don't remember where), and a 1st round pick is likely a given. Together those have some solid value, and as a roster player Raymond is a perfectly decent player with speed and able to play the PK, however if pushed to beat another team's offer I would consider replacing him with Booth.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Exit Dose

I believe we had interest in Hodgson, not Kassian.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
I wouldn't do either deal as a Canucks fan.

The Canucks wouldn't be able to re-sign Perry in the off-season with the salary cap going down. The only possible way Vancouver could afford him is they let Edler walk, which would be idiotic.

As for the Schneider trade, I'd want one of Kane, Sharp, or Hossa from Chicago. The Blackhawks are a rival, and giving them Schneider would fix their biggest weakness. It would make Chicago a much better team, while the Canucks would only get a 3rd line center who hates Vancouver.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I believe we had interest in Hodgson, not Kassian.
But Kassian >>> Hodgson AINEC.

It makes sense, I guess, given Anaheim needs a 2C. I'd offer Schroeder, but I don't know that he's ay upgrade over Holland.

Do you think if Perry were to be traded the priority would be getting a potential 2C?

Old
12-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post

The Canucks wouldn't be able to re-sign Perry in the off-season with the salary cap going down. The only possible way Vancouver could afford him is they let Edler walk, which would be idiotic.

As for the Schneider trade, I'd want one of Kane, Sharp, or Hossa from Chicago. The Blackhawks are a rival, and giving them Schneider would fix their biggest weakness. It would make Chicago a much better team, while the Canucks would only get a 3rd line center who hates Vancouver.
I replied to you in the Armchair GM thread on our board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
There's no reason why we couldn't re-sign Perry, and it's likely we could talk to pre-arrange an extention beforehand.

As for Schneider, we'd be filling our greatest hole too. 3rd line C who's proven to up his game in the playoffs, as well as replacing our 1st in a deep draft.

Not trading players to rivals is overblown, imo. Not to mention there's no way we get an established top-line player for Schneider. An elite 3C plus what will likely be a solid prospect is fair value, imo, and fits our needs to a tee.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
But Kassian >>> Hodgson AINEC.

It makes sense, I guess, given Anaheim needs a 2C. I'd offer Schroeder, but I don't know that he's ay upgrade over Holland.

Do you think if Perry were to be traded the priority would be getting a potential 2C?
Not unless that center is better than Holland, but I don't expect a prospect like that would be available. It's more likely that we'd be looking for a LW prospect, since that's where we're weakest(Kerdiles and Friberg are the only two with top six potential).

Old
12-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Falconator

Can't we just sign Perry in July and acquire a third line center in any Luongo deal?

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Not unless that center is better than Holland, but I don't expect a prospect like that would be available. It's more likely that we'd be looking for a LW prospect, since that's where we're weakest(Kerdiles and Friberg are the only two with top six potential).
Both Raymond and Booth are natural left wings, and we have a slight logjam on our current roster. In the prospect department we're a little weak at LW, though.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
I replied to you in the Armchair GM thread on our board:
Right back at ya

Quote:
I've spent a lot of time looking at our cap situation in 2013/14, and I recommend you do the same.
Realistically, we could only re-sign Perry if we let Edler walk, which would be a huge mistake. We don't NEED a player like Perry (we only need a good 2nd line winger), however we need Edler (a top pairing d-man).
Keeping Perry and letting Edler walk leaves a giant hole on defense.

Kassian will be very valuable to the Canucks in 2013/14, as he could step up to be a top 6 winger, and his cap hit will be under $1 mil.

Bolland hates the Sedins/Canucks. A starting goalie is a much bigger role than a 3rd line center. Saying a very good starting goalie is the same value-wise as a very good 3rd line center is laughable.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
Can't we just sign Perry in July and acquire a third line center in any Luongo deal?
You have to hope that we'll go at it like Nashville and New Jersey did if you want him in the summer FA market, or hope he goes the route Hossa did. Seeing as we aren't likely to make a deep playoff run any time soon, I doubt we'd go down that road if we think he wants out.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Every team in the league will be trying to sign Perry in July if he makes it to UFA. Assuming there's a season(otherwise no way that deal makes sense), with a solid cup run(hopefully a successful one) and all that time to have him adjust to our team, he'd be far more likely to re-sign with us.

In any Luongo deal, the best 3C we'd be looking at is likely Tyler Bozak, who as well as being an upcoming UFA is far better suited to a top-6 role, on a team weak at centre.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Every team in the league will be trying to sign Perry in July if he makes it to UFA. Assuming there's a season(otherwise no way that deal makes sense), with a solid cup run(hopefully a successful one) and all that time to have him adjust to our team, he'd be far more likely to re-sign with us.

In any Luongo deal, the best 3C we'd be looking at is likely Tyler Bozak, who as well as being an upcoming UFA is far better suited to a top-6 role, on a team weak at centre.
Bozak is good defensively, and is good on faceoffs. He would be a good 3rd line winger beside bangers like Kassian maybe

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Right back at ya

For 2013-2014:

H. Sedin(6.1)-D. Sedin(6.1)-Burrows(4.5)
Booth(4.25)-Kesler(5.0)-Perry(6.0)
Higgins(1.9)-Bolland(3.375)-Hansen(1.35)
Lapierre(1.0)-Schroeder(1.0)-Jensen(.894)

Hamhuis(4.5)-Bieksa(4.6)
Edler(5.0)-Garrison(4.6)
Connauton(.9)-Tanev(.9)

Luongo(5.3)
Lack(.75)

Comes to 68 mil. What's the projected cap for 2013-2014? If it were 64 mil for 2012-2013, then 68 the following year should be doable, I think.

And sure I hate Bolland...But if he were on our team I think attitudes would change very quickly.

Last edited by Vankiller Whale: 12-30-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old
12-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
H. Sedin(6.1)-D. Sedin(6.1)-Burrows(4.5)
Booth(4.25)-Kesler(5.0)-Perry(6.0)
Higgins(1.9)-Bolland(3.375)-Hansen(1.35)
Lapierre(1.0)-Schroeder(1.0)-Jensen(.894)

Hamhuis(4.5)-Bieksa(4.6)
Edler(5.0)-Garrison(4.6)
Connauton(.9)-Tanev(.9)

Luongo(5.3)
Lack(.75)

Comes to 68 mil. What's the projected cap for 2013-2014? If it were 64 mil for 2012-2013, then 68 the following year should be doable, I think.
The NHL wants the cap to go down to $60 mil in 13/14. The absolute highest I see the cap being in 13/14 (if the NHLPA can somehow get the NHL to agree) is $65 mil.

So you're going to be over the salary cap, and that's with no extra players. (which would never happen, since the Canucks always want to carry at least 8 NHL d-men at all times throughout the season)

Old
12-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Moore Money

I can't believe you would trade Schneider to the Hawks for Bolland. that has disaster written all over it.

I would do the other trade.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Moore Money

Quote:

or dump booth, and or Ballard for peanuts.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:10 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
or dump booth, and or Ballard for peanuts.
It's still not enough to have enough cap space to afford decent depth.
It causes more damage to the team to have a high end player with a high cap hit than multiple good/decent players with lower cap hits. (since the Canucks already have the Sedins, Kesler, and Edler)

Old
12-30-2012, 06:32 AM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
I am suspicious that this is the plan. The new cap will certainly impact the Canucks and they won't be able to buy a solution. In fact, they will be forced into a rebuild. I guess with only seven forwards signed that's obvious.

I do not think Luongo can be moved before July, as this is demonstrably this core group's last chance to make a run, they'll need him for that. If the team disagrees, they will have to accept a token return under these circumstances. I doubt Gillis does that. I think Gillis waits until the season is well underway before he makes a goalie move, if he does one.

At the deadline Luongo can be moved for a rental, but Gillis has never stacked up for a run before. Even then, the return must be very specific to the team's needs at that time or be seen as a lost asset. Good luck imagining a trade that both teams accept and bails out the Canucks!

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Exit Dose

The only way Perry gets to the summer FA market is if we lose the season. At bare minimum, Burke will be calling before then.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Pepper

If Perry makes it to UFA status, Brian Burke will sign him. Sure, Leafs are not a contender but Perry already has a cup, he's not desperate to win next season.

Toronto has craploads of cap space and I have a feeling Perry would love to play for Leafs and Burke & Carlyle again.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
If Perry makes it to UFA status, Brian Burke will sign him. Sure, Leafs are not a contender but Perry already has a cup, he's not desperate to win next season.

Toronto has craploads of cap space and I have a feeling Perry would love to play for Leafs and Burke & Carlyle again.
Perry is the one that I thought might go back to Carlyle. I never got the sense that there was any bad blood there.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:22 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Chicago's not moving Bolland. It's not a bad offer, Chicago's just not moving Bolland and if they were, it wouldn't be to a huge rival like the Canucks. I also don't like the fact that Chicago's adding a 1st.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Chicago will not deal Bolland + a 1st for an unproven Starting goalie who looks like a potential franchise goalie.

Rather keep Bolland, the pick and hope that we see the 10/11 Crawford in goal

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:51 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Zack Kassian, Mason Raymond, and a 1st round pick for Corey Perry.*

*IF Perry wants to sign with a contender. Otherwise Anaheim won't bother.

Cory Schneider for Dave Bolland + 1st.

Heartrenching as a Canucks fans to lose Schneider off the roster and replace him with Bolland, however, I think if we did these trades we would be absolutely favourited to win the cup.

I would assume that Chicago would have to acquire a 2C like Plekanec or something at the deadline(something they might do anyways), and I think Kruger should be okay as a 3C(obviously not as good as Bolland, but still).
I would consider Bolland + 2nd for Schneider as Pirri and soon Danault will be ready for3LC duties not to mention Kruger and or Hayes. Maybe Plekanec for 2LC as he would look great alongside Hoss if there is a deal to be made with Montreal.

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:44 AM
glenbuis

If im Anaheim and i couldn't sign Perry i'm still getting better valu than that. The first will be either a late one or one ball in the lottery, Kassian was a disapointment in his year in Vancouver and Raymond is now advertised as a decent penalty killer. There is nothing there for Anaheim to even consider it.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote