HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART V

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 04:49 AM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Reinharts penalty should have been a major, but no matter. The US isn't going to score on Subban if they keep shooting at his glove hand and dont get him moving laterally to open up his huge 5 hole. If you dont go 5-hole or blocker on Subban, you are doing yourself a big disservice, they are two huge weakness' for him.

These refs are a joke with these slashing calls.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:49 AM
YashinWorksHard

Strome is playing a heck of a game, ridiculous talent. I expect more from Reinhart, i don't see a fourth overall pick talent in him, nothing impressive. Trouba & Jones looking pretty nice.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:54 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard View Post
Strome is playing a heck of a game, ridiculous talent. I expect more from Reinhart, i don't see a fourth overall pick talent in him, nothing impressive. Trouba & Jones looking pretty nice.
Reinhart has no sex appeal in his game, but he's a rock. Defenseman like him are in short supply. He's no style, all substance.

Jones has really picked it up, impressive package.

Someone needs to file a missing person's report for Galchenyuk.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:03 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard View Post
Reinhart plays great D, but he really has no flashy offense. He's just really solid. If he can get a mean streak in him, he will be a fantastic d-man.

One thing that has really impressed is Strome's penalty killing. I never realized that was even a part of his game let alone something he is rather good at doing.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:03 AM
InformTheMasses

^^^^

Agreed. Reinhart is not and never will be flashy, just going to get the job done.

Galchenyuk is disappointing me, after he thrashed Germany, he has been MIA.

Jones recovered nicely, his skill set is just so tempting. I think I'm going to flip back and forth between Jones and Drouin from now until the draft as far is the #1 overall pick is concerned. Not that I am unimpressed with MacKinnon, just like the other 2 more.

Trouba is a beast. Best dman on US, and probably on the Ice tonight.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:08 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Very pleased with Strome's overall game. One year at the Bridge and he'll be ready to take his spot. The only thing holding him back is his physical maturity.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiguy21 View Post
Reinhart plays great D, but he really has no flashy offense. He's just really solid. If he can get a mean streak in him, he will be a fantastic d-man.

One thing that has really impressed is Strome's penalty killing. I never realized that was even a part of his game let alone something he is rather good at doing.
Strome is Niagara's most used penalty killer.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:13 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Very pleased with Strome's overall game. One year at the Bridge and he'll be ready to take his spot. The only thing holding him back is his physical maturity.
Agree. Ryan's skating is really improving this year. Like that he's played a lot
in traffic this morning.

My coffee still hasn't kicked in, Did Reinhart make a key blocked shot late in the second?
We old guys take a while to get the blood flowing.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:15 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Agree. Ryan's skating is really improving this year. Like that he's played a lot
in traffic this morning.

My coffee still hasn't kicked in, Did Reinhart make a key blocked shot late in the second?
We old guys take a while to get the blood flowing.
Yeah Reinhart blocked a shot from the slot late in 2nd. Strome works out in off season and eats his veggies, he wont need Bridgeport.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:35 AM
InformTheMasses

Bad sequence there for Strome/Reinhart. Strome's Delay of Game penalty, Trouba scores on a Reinhart whiff, and then Reinhart had a puck taken away from him right after the goal.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:37 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Strome is Niagara's most used penalty killer.
Well usually in juniors the best players play PK(as far as I know,pretty sure Tavares did). But, what I meant was that I never recognized that Strome actually did it well.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:48 AM
InformTheMasses

Boy the iihf refs really know how to ruin a good hockey game

Old
12-30-2012, 05:53 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Nice to see Reinhart out there at the end of the game, the coach finally did something right.

Strome with an overall strong game, probably the most effective forward. Drouin flashes awesome skill.

Ok, do I stay up and try to catch the Spengler Cup at 9 am?

Old
12-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Degeneration Rex

What a wild finnish. Too bad Strome has such great hands, batting the puck out of mid air for his delay of game.
The goalies were great. Did anyone notice the guys bringing out the flag were doing silly walks like John Cleese?

Old
12-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Nice to see Reinhart out there at the end of the game, the coach finally did something right.

Strome with an overall strong game, probably the most effective forward. Drouin flashes awesome skill.

Wouldn't be a bad thing for a Strome-Drouin combo on the Island (Brooklyn).

Trouba is a beast.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Degeneration Rex

When Galchenyuk fanned on a shot late in the game, Reinhart was in perfect position. Might be
why he whiffed on it.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:05 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Wouldn't be a bad thing for a Strome-Drouin combo on the Island (Brooklyn).
I'd be very happy with that. Although, they'll need a big winger on the RW - Nino? That could work.

Strome really mirrors JT's game. High hockey sense, sweet mitts, dynamic offensively, and increasingly defensively responsible. It's going to be nice to have a strong duo like that up the middle. They are both magicians, they need the right weapons on their flanks.

Strome, you better do some serious work in the Dungeon this offseason. While I can see him winning the job the #2C spot next year, I prefer he plays a year in Bridgeport. He needs to add more muscle and needs more time for his body to catch up to his mind... just like another Mississauga kid on the Isles.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:07 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:

I like Reinhart I really do, but Harrington and Wotherspoon were better defensively today than Reinhart. nI think Reinhart needs more time, I hope we don't rush him next season due to our weak NHL ready D situation. I also like Hamilton a lot, but the more I watch him, the more I think he is overrated. I have been hearing "Hamilton fires...... followed by a loud crash of the puck hitting the boards" a lot this season, and his hands aren't A+ looses control of puck a bit more than I want for a #1 pairing defenceman.

Im staying awake for the rest of the day I guess. Johnny T in a couple hours.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:52 AM
msv957

I have no idea why the Isles picked Reinhart over Trouba in last year's draft. Trouba looks to be having a much better and much more noticeable WJC.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:58 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
I have no idea why the Isles picked Reinhart over Trouba in last year's draft. Trouba looks to be having a much better and much more noticeable WJC.
Trouba is THAT good, and there might be 8 teams saying that when all is said and done. Islanders aren't the only guilty party. Here's the good news. Reinhart WILL NOT be a bust. He is a Top 3 Defenceman for sure. He will get 20+ minutes a night for a long time. There are other guys taken ahead of Trouba that should be giving their teams a lot more to worry about than Reinhart.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Degeneration Rex

Replay of Canada-USA tonight, 8 PM, NHL Network.
Canada-Russia live Monday, 9 AM, NHL Network.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:28 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

trouba will be the best dman of his draft

Old
12-30-2012, 08:59 AM
scott99

When I watched Trouba play against Lee/Russo earlier in the season, you could tell that Trouba was not a normal freshman, he was in beast mode the whole game. He was hitting, passing and shooting at a junior or senior level, he was incredible. He's having a great freshman year, and is now dominating the WJHC's. Like someone else said, several teams besides the Isles may be sorry for not picking Trouba. He certainly is playing better than any other D-man from the 2012 draft.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:01 AM
scott99

Btw, who was picked as players of the game ? I'm guessing Subban for Canada ? And Trouba for the USA ?

Old
12-30-2012, 10:14 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Btw, who was picked as players of the game ? I'm guessing Subban for Canada ? And Trouba for the USA ?
The goalies. Subban and Gibson.

Closed Thread