HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Thread, Daniel Bryan Edition: The lockout is (tentatively) over!

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Guaranteed money for the Player's Child Welfare Fund, designed to put every player's kids through college, should their career end due to serious injury before their 35th birthday.
Reality is, there will be pushbacks. Hopefully everyone is ready for that, because its coming.

My best guess is they push hard on next years cap.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:43 AM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Guaranteed money for the Player's Child Welfare Fund, designed to put every player's kids through college, should their career end due to serious injury before their 35th birthday.
Seriously? Any player who plays two nhl seasons should be able to put many kids through college.

Do the other major sports leagues have something like this?

Old
12-30-2012, 08:56 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

You either missed the joke, or I'm missing your joke, haha.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Marns
@thestretchpass

One thing I've noticed is how little we've heard about re-alignment. Any idea if there's been any news about that, or are Winnipeg going to be stuck playing in the SE for the next 10 years?

Old
12-30-2012, 11:44 AM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
DUM

Doughnuts for Unemployed Millionaires

...won't you please give this holiday season?

Wasn't that Tkachuk's downfall?

Old
12-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
You either missed the joke, or I'm missing your joke, haha.
They missed it.

It says something though that we live in a culture where people actually believe something like that might be possible / asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTANDSCORE View Post
Wasn't that Tkachuk's downfall?

No his downfall was that he was a a big dewsh. But the doughnuts didn't help.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:18 PM
stefanh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
One thing I've noticed is how little we've heard about re-alignment. Any idea if there's been any news about that, or are Winnipeg going to be stuck playing in the SE for the next 10 years?
I expect that to be a question this summer or the summer after. Its also possible that we will see a two team expansion soon and a retooling of the system then.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanh View Post
I expect that to be a question this summer or the summer after. Its also possible that we will see a two team expansion soon and a retooling of the system then.
I was thinking (back when this cluster **** started) that the re-alignment plan would be part of the CBA, as well. Since it's more about scheduling and travel and rivalries it seems like the kind of thing that could be in a CBA.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

This is what is happening right now.

Yet again, for the umpteenth time in the last six months, we as fans are being screwed around. And you know what? None of it is going to matter as soon as the puck drops. Everyone who keeps saying they'll boycott games and not buy merchandise are liars, and will be glued to their TVs as soon as their team takes the ice for the first time, whether it be next month or October of 2013.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Wrong.

1) I am not buying a single ticket this year or next, and will never buy another jersey until or unless the Pens get a new jersey that is awesome and has cheap replicas.

2) The Pens could win the Cup this year and I won't buy a single piece of merchandise. Not one. Never making that mistake again. At most, if I can find another "plain black" fitted Pens hat, I will buy one after next season.

3) I will not subscribe to Center Ice unless they give me the rest of this season free or almost free (I will not pay even $5/month extra on my bill at this point), and next year it better be half price and come with a massive, groveling apology...

...or I won't buy it.

They are going to lose the money I ordinarily spend on them, period. And they won't get it back next year either except for a bargain price on Center Ice if they are good enough to fans to do right.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 12-30-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I already don't spend money on the NHL. I can't help. I will definitely be watching the games, though I do work later now so I'll either miss the first half or so or I'll have to DVR.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

If the league returns they're getting less of my money this year than usual...but that only hurts the LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks, and Phoenix Coyotes...

I wasn't going to any Penguins home games this year anyway, so once we passed the point where the Penguins weren't going to be playing those scheduled games in Anaheim and Phoenix the odds of me seeing a Penguins game this year went down to non-existent. I won't be latching onto any Kings games (play literally down the street from me) out of general anger.

The only money I'd spend would be on CenterIce...which I'm undecided on. That should be free this year if the NHL has any mind. I may well go the less-than-legal route if they don't offer it for free or a severely reduced price.

I never buy jerseys or gear, so whatever. There's really no way for me to make a real impact on things considering the entire money I paid last year on hockey last season was only about $200 (GameCenter and a couple beers at Consol for a game I got tickets to as a gift).

I probably won't watch nearly as many games this year as usual...but that was likely anyway with my work schedule.

When I do return to a game...I'm going to have a lot of angry shouting that I'll get out of my way in the first period. I'll be angry, but I love this sport too much to just quit cold turkey. If the NFL did this I'd be done, but I know I can't get the NHL out of my blood.

I do have to admit...for the first time in a couple months I truly miss hockey right now.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-30-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 02:42 PM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

I've already been buying pens merch during the lockout. I'll get center ice as soon as it is available. I'm not one for grudges. Not enough people are going to withold dollars to make a dent so I'm not going to rui n my fun my cutting hockey out.

I just won't be buying a Fehr jersey.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Sorry

Honestly, if the best they give on Center Ice is only a half off deal this year I'm going to consider not getting it... for about thirty seconds.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
I've already been buying pens merch during the lockout. I'll get center ice as soon as it is available. I'm not one for grudges. Not enough people are going to withold dollars to make a dent so I'm not going to rui n my fun my cutting hockey out.

I just won't be buying a Fehr jersey.
The guy scored 21 goals two years ago, if we can get him for on a cheap, one year deal, I'd say give him a shot.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I went to the Wolves - Heat game last night... it was pretty fun but mostly it reminded me of how pissed off I am at the NHL.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Al Smith

Well, I've found myself watching EPL games (haven't yet been desperate enough to tune in an NBA game), so yeah, I'll pony up some dough for Center Ice. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they still tried to charge something lie 70% of the original price.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Superstar Shane

Quote:
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
If and when a new CBA is signed, word on the street is the NHL will make Centre Ice free for the season.
I'll believe it when I see it, but it sure would be nice.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:09 PM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

Quote:
I went to the Wolves - Heat game last night... it was pretty fun but mostly it reminded me of how pissed off I am at the NHL.
I've been a Bulls fan since I was 5 and I can't really watch much regular season bball without being bored to tears.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Dacks

So what happened to all this "hill we'll die on" talk? What about "everything is off the table"? Looks like everything is on the table and then some.

The NHL just wasted three weeks. They could have made this offer weeks ago. The pattern this whole time has been:

NHL offer.
NHLPA counteroffer.
NHL walks away from negotiations, cancels games.
Repeat.

How many times are we going to hear the NHL claim it's their final offer, take it or leave it, it won't get any better, etc...?

Negotitions usually proceed with each side giving a little bit until they converge on a deal. That's what happening here, but for some reason the owners are feeling the need to drag it out. That's what really annoys me.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
I've been a Bulls fan since I was 5 and I can't really watch much regular season bball without being bored to tears.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:10 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

Heat is such a dumb name for a hockey team.

I, too, assumed you were talking basketball...though I was wondering what the hell you were doing in either Minneapolis or Miami

Old
12-31-2012, 02:06 AM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

Quote:

Carry on then.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:13 AM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Heat is such a dumb name for a hockey team.

I, too, assumed you were talking basketball...though I was wondering what the hell you were doing in either Minneapolis or Miami

Odds this is their goal song? (This actually was the USHL Omaha Lancers' song back in the early 90s. Lol)

Last edited by HuskerTornado: 12-31-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 03:25 AM
Mr. T

Quote:
(This actually was the USHL Omaha Lancers' song back in the early 90s. Lol)
Pretty sure this is the Heat's goal song.

Closed Thread