HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Discussion Thread PT 7: Advance 1/18 @ 11PM CST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 01:59 AM
  #401
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Do we need to take an extra day for New Year's? The window should end Dec. 31, and the only day in there that people would really be preoccupied is Dec. 31. If people get their games in tonight and tomorrow, there shouldn't be too much difficulty with advancing Jan. 1 at the latest, right?

Heck, I've only got one game left this window.
Nobody freaking answers my PMs anymore.

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:12 AM
  #402
TheFadedLine
Registered User
 
TheFadedLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Hey guys, pretty cool big 1v1 tourny going on. Single elimination. Pick any team you want and only need to play 1 game per week. (Assuming you move on!)

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1312143

TheFadedLine is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:44 AM
  #403
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Again, the BACKUP GOALIE rule is still in place. Failure to comply with the rules will result in a BAN from FREE AGENCY for this upcoming offseason. Only 20ish games left so get your games in!

xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:47 AM
  #404
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Again, the BACKUP GOALIE rule is still in place. Failure to comply with the rules will result in a BAN from FREE AGENCY for this upcoming offseason. Only 20ish games left so get your games in!
So the rule means that your starter can only be involved in 72 games? So if we are getting shellacked with our backup in the middle of the game, we can't put our starter in or else we would have to start our backup for ANOTHER game?

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:10 PM
  #405
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
So the rule means that your starter can only be involved in 72 games? So if we are getting shellacked with our backup in the middle of the game, we can't put our starter in or else we would have to start our backup for ANOTHER game?
Your back up, or backups, must have 10 decisions and 600 minutes played. GP is only part of it.

If you change goalies frequently during games, then just give your backup 12-14 starts instead of 10, and you shouldn't have an issue.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  #406
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Your back up, or backups, must have 10 decisions and 600 minutes played. GP is only part of it.

If you change goalies frequently during games, then just give your backup 12-14 starts instead of 10, and you shouldn't have an issue.
Well Fuss said in the last page if your starter had more than 72 games played you would be breaking the rule.

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:14 PM
  #407
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Well Fuss said in the last page if your starter had more than 72 games played you would be breaking the rule.
As a short-hand, I guess that's right, but when we talked about it a few weeks ago, this was one of the issues that came up.

The goal of the rule is to ensure that a backup goalie is used in a relatively realistic manner. I guess he'll have to clarify, but it seems to me that looking at decisions and minutes played should be sufficient.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:18 PM
  #408
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015
 
dbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
As a short-hand, I guess that's right, but when we talked about it a few weeks ago, this was one of the issues that came up.

The goal of the rule is to ensure that a backup goalie is used in a relatively realistic manner. I guess he'll have to clarify, but it seems to me that looking at decisions and minutes played should be sufficient.
I'm pretty sure it's just no more than 72 games played for your starter, plain and simple. A team can use different backup goalies throughout the season, and I think the goal is just to not have goalies starting a ridiculous number of games anymore.

dbridge is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:20 PM
  #409
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's just no more than 72 games played for your starter, plain and simple. A team can use different backup goalies throughout the season, and I think the goal is just to not have goalies starting a ridiculous number of games anymore.
Yeah, that seems fine to me. Like I said, if you know you tend to switch goalies in game, aim to give your backup more starts.

On the other hand, if the backup has at least 10 decisions (even if more than 10 GP) and at least 600 minutes played, it would seem that the team observed the spirit of the rule.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:23 PM
  #410
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,847
vCash: 500
Will Stockey be ready before the advance?

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:07 PM
  #411
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
-Starting goalie cannot have over 72 games played. Under no circumstances.

-backup goalie(s) must have a W-L record adding up to 10 games

-backup goalie(s) must have a total of roughly 600 minutes played

-failure to comply with this rule will result in a ban from free agency for the upcoming offseason.


I've explained this 3 times now. Hopefully this is clarification enough. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask

xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:43 PM
  #412
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,847
vCash: 500
Seems like the second rule isn't necessary considering if you have your starter play 72 games or less, your backup(s) will have played a full 10 games total.

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
  #413
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Seems like the second rule isn't necessary considering if you have your starter play 72 games or less, your backup(s) will have played a full 10 games total.
Yup.

That's why I assumed it was more complicated. But this is probably the simplest way.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
  #414
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Nashville, what's up bro?

That two nights in a row you've been playing Fifa, I send you a message to set up our game, you fail to respond in any way or form, and then 30 minutes later you log off.

Are you not able to get your games in or what?...

EvoLu7ioN is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:51 PM
  #415
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Pretty sure he as already said on here it's his roomate playing Fifa.

dunner is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 06:23 PM
  #416
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Pretty sure he as already said on here it's his roomate playing Fifa.
Not unless Florida is buddies with Nashvilles roommate. They're always playing the same damn Fifa match haha.

EvoLu7ioN is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 06:39 PM
  #417
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Wow, so weak Florida.

Yesterday you were playing FIFA for several hours, I messaged you several times and you told me you could only get the game in tomo (despite being on for a good chunk of time after). I said I wouldn't have a lot of time tomo, but that we'd try and make it work.

So today I get on, I've got 20 mins which I specifically told you as I'm going to a party in a bit here, I see you on so I send you an invite. You say you'll "play in 5-10 minutes after you finish your FIFA game". So I sit there waiting for you to finish. And what happens? You just go ahead and start another damn FIFA game.

Soo weak man, I dont have any more time tonight as I'm just about to head out, and I work all day tomo and then will be heading out for NYE.

Don't tell someone you're going to play, string them along so they waste their damn time, and then bail.

EvoLu7ioN is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 07:43 PM
  #418
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Nashville, what's up bro?

That two nights in a row you've been playing Fifa, I send you a message to set up our game, you fail to respond in any way or form, and then 30 minutes later you log off.

Are you not able to get your games in or what?...
Same deal here. Message on Xbox, message on hf. Looks like I'm not on his friends list anymore either now, lol.

Gary83* is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 07:44 PM
  #419
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Same deal here. Message on Xbox, message on hf. Looks like I'm not on his friends list anymore either now, lol.
Not to pile on, but I'll make it three.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:00 PM
  #420
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,847
vCash: 500
Second or third time in a row Nashville hasn't responded to my messages to set up a game.

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
  #421
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,231
vCash: 500
Nashville hasn't been responding to my msgs to... jks I don't even have a game against him, but seriously wtf is going on with this guy?

matt1396 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
  #422
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,492
vCash: 500
Dear god this team is awful. Lost to Pitt in a shooutout...I think i have more 60's than 80's on my offense right now.

slightlystewpid420 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:04 PM
  #423
xVx Santillo
Registered User
 
xVx Santillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Washington you have to be the MOST annoying person...instead of waiting for a response from me you start sending me more msgs on how FIFA is gay and crap like that so i didnt answer you on purpose


For the rest of you who've msged me on HF board give me some time to answer im not on here 24/7

No me and Florida are not roommates

You dont play on the FIRST day after the advance and u get crucified

xVx Santillo is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:25 PM
  #424
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Tomorrow should be the last day of the three day window, right?

Are we extending it? If so, by how long?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 12:27 AM
  #425
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Washington you have to be the MOST annoying person...instead of waiting for a response from me you start sending me more msgs on how FIFA is gay and crap like that so i didnt answer you on purpose


For the rest of you who've msged me on HF board give me some time to answer im not on here 24/7

No me and Florida are not roommates

You dont play on the FIRST day after the advance and u get crucified

EvoLu7ioN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.